The Black Rose Legacy Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Daisy reached down and pulled me to my feet, and wrapped her arms around me. "If it makes you happy, Adam, then yes, I'll marry you. What do I have to do?"

"We just need to find a preacher, then he'll say the words and give us a piece of paper saying we're man and wife."

Haggerty interjected, "You may be in luck, son. When I was fishin' yesterday, a preacher on horseback rode through and asked me for directions to the nearest logging camp. I told him how to get there, so he's most likely still at the camp, tryin' to save souls."

Well, long story short I got back on Buster, rode to the logging camp and found the preacher, a former French Canadian who went by Pastor Beaumont. Recalling my boyhood Sunday school lessons, I asked him if he preached Proverbs 18:22, "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favor of the Lord".

He said he did, and I told him that I'd foundeth me a wife, and I needed him to make it official. I offered him a whopping $5 contribution to his ministries if he'd come right away. An hour later, we rode back to the plank house where Haggerty, Daisy, and Black Rose were waiting.

When he came into camp and saw 7-foot Daisy and 8-foot Black Rose, it took him a few pulls on a bottle of whiskey plus me and Haggerty reassuring him they were harmless, before he finally got around to saying the words. Once Daisy and I said our 'I do's', he tore out the back page of his Bible, and used the tip of a crow feather dipped in wet ash to write our names, the date of our wedding, and his signature.

Once it was all over, I surprised my new wife by taking her over to our own cedar plank house to start our married life. We didn't know what the future had in store for us, but looked forward to being side by side as we found out.

++++++++++

END OF CHAPTER 1