All Comments on 'The Blind Date'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

If you're happy with the ending, that's all that matters!

5

HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Very well crafted indeed and perfectly balanced. You closed it rather than ended it and that was brilliantly executed. Thank you.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Really, really good story! Thank-you for this!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

A snapshot of the moment of inception. Full of hope and promise. Made me smile. Thank you much.

brownmobbrownmobover 1 year ago

love it, dealt with issues, with a degree of promise to come. i hope someone writes a continuation of this, dosnt have to be long just a romantic love story with a happy ending. Well done Just_Words, thank you

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you. I was certain I'd get a steady stream of complaints for such a simple little story, and I suspect I will still get plenty, but I did find myself attracted to that moment when two wounded people find in one another a sympathetic soul and a reason to smile.

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

What Highpike said,

You closed it without ending. I like that, and I really enjoyed the story.

No surprise as I enjoy your stories.

New beginnings are hard, because new things are hard. Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

012Say012Sayover 1 year ago

Glad to see others agree the ending is fine. It isn’t a biography, it is two people coming to closure and readying themselves for what’s next.

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

A very nice meeting.

I hope that we can read a site to this scene of life.

grogers7grogers7over 1 year ago

Just so well written. It's not just words; its art. 5*

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Simple, straight forward but with a good feel for the insecurities associated with divorce. I hope they take it slow, communicate continuously and live happily ever after.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Great Little story. Life is not over when the marriage ends, one lives on. Love can live again. 5 stars to writer.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Loved it, thanks! Well deserving of 5 BIG FAT ASS FLAMING HUGE FUCKING NOVA STARS! That's as good as it gets my friend!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story a lot, and your open-ended ending was perfect. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi, nice to meet you. I think I like you. This could go someplace. It's definitely helped me heal.

Thanks for a well written story of hope.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

When you stopped writing the story ended. After all, they're just words, right? They're just all the right words.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****Always some good reading when one sees your name. Very entertaining read my friend. Thanks for sharing.

J6480J6480over 1 year ago

Great aperitif, looking for forward to the next course without whine

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Just what, A_Bierce and a couple of others said. Good story, Thank you for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh if only everyone had such luck and such good friends.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - for a decent story that was uplifting and cheery - quite the opposite of the usual drivel in this genre.

Although, you did forget the TAGS.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 1 year ago

Just words; just fine. Another well written story. Thank you.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It was just long enough to make the reader feel good. Thanks!

KTD2020KTD2020over 1 year ago

The perfect moment in time for these two. From starting as two damaged, but healing, souls to two healing, but less damaged, souls, this story is complete. The hope, the positive vibes at the end, the feeling that they’re going to be together makes it for me. Thank you, thank you.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Really loved your story, if only more people were that lucky.

ArediaArediaover 1 year ago

Very nice slice-of-life! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks JW, its been a lot of years but some memories fade slowly.

somewhere east of Omaha

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

It really does need an ending, but you did warn me - 5*

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Conversation between two 'less than' confident guys, damaged and injured.

But the sun is peeking behind the clouds.

The spring is near and the birds would soon start chirping.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Works for me, very enjoyable.

5*

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

It ended just right! Great little story that felt believable and authentic. We can imagine the future on our own and it seems a happy place.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Jim and Carol were just too compatible to be real, but it was a very pleasant ride for a couple of pages. After the gloom that pervades all the LW stories this is certainly a refreshing genre that I haven't sampled before. I noticed that many of the stories on the opening listing have very high ratings leading me to believe that there are many other readers who might like this approach to erotic literature (without the erotica). 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A pleasant, honest reprieve from so many heavy handed fantasies. It's decent - meaning intelligible, possible. A perfectly solid base for any direction the author chooses to travel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyable. This could be a couple that go somewhere in a future relationship. 4 stars

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Wouldn't have thought there was much more to say really, a complete and very good tale told it all. Thank you JW

LanmandragonLanmandragonover 1 year ago

I liked this one a lot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Less is more. We're left wondering about them.

That's the hallmark of good storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simply one of the most enjoyable quick reads posted around here.

.

Frankly, ** I ** stared falling for the lady by the end of the story. She really sounded like a “keeper”.

.

5 *****

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 1 year ago

A very enjoyable read, and a story I'll want to come back to and reread. Full of hope for the future. Five very well-deserved stars for one of my favorite authors on Literotica.

HassieHassie11 months ago

I like that there was no end. Also that it open ended. It lets you think of where it might go.

Thanks for a great short story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Excellent writing. I ddon't think you hav to continue, we can just use our imaginations. /

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Regardless of the future, both left the date stronger.

Martyr2002Martyr20028 months ago

Loved this one, ending or no ending.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent beginning for both of them. I think that's the worst part of betrayal how long it takes the victims to recover and become fully functioning again. Unfortunately some never do. In this story I feel hopeful for both of them that they will get there. Maybe together who knows. A follow up would be good. I hope to read it one day. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...