All Comments on 'The Bonding Chronicles Ch. 04'

by PantherParabola

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SisterRobinSisterRobinover 7 years ago
A wonderful yarn

I am very excited by this story. It is a fresh, new take, as well as being very sweet.

Dying to read the rest!

gregsjlngregsjlnover 7 years ago
loving it

Story progressing beautifully keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
don't make it too easy and perfect

I am liking the story but in some parts they become too perfect and things move too fast and easy for them... they "know" and accept things too fast and readily.

despite the "obvious" love at first sight and bonding of "were" stories, this should be first love for a couple of inexperience teenagers but you portray them as doing everything right from the get go.

So try and make it more "real"(?), for example he is planning to learn to fight, but according to the description he is has a scrawny 13 year old body so no ninjitsu will work against a full grown boy.

Last shouldn't this be in nonhuman?

PantherParabolaPantherParabolaover 7 years agoAuthor
Reality & Categorization

Hello Anon,

I see your points and that is definitely something I have been struggling with a bit. I purposefully set these early establishing chapters in high-school because of who the character was and where I wanted him to go. Sara accepts things because its her nature to. Andrew is just excited because he is becoming embroiled in a supernatural fantasy and has a playful and beautiful woman that he is magically compelled to love and accept.

His life is becoming one of the stories he read or created through roleplaying. I am not sure about everyone else, but as a late teen I accepted things easily, and found myself drawn to the ideas that interested or supported what I wanted. In a sense that is what I want the characters to be experiencing. The interactions with the adults, and to a lesser extent, between the characters is where the tension exists. As things progress I am planning on introducing more conflict and stakes, but for now I am really focused on the base characters and establishing Andrew's powers and how that influences the people close to him.

There will still be a few chapters before any supernatural antagonists appear, but the start and mid-point of Ch 5 has events that will act as catalysts for Andrew to take things more seriously. He is not going to become a Ninjutsu, Royce Grace; just flipping around and breaking necks. But he is going to become formidable. It will just take some time.

Which is why Sara feels obligated to protect him, she knows he can't protect himself, and she is compelled to by their bond. You will see more of that in Ch 5.

Regarding the Sci-Fi / Fantasy -vs- Nonhuman.

I categorized this story as Fantasy because of where I knew it was going to lead. Right now I agree it seems more like Nonhuman since the main supernatural elements are Therianthropes (were people), but as evidenced in the end of Ch 4, and building much more in Ch 6, more and more supernatural elements and magical aspects will intertwine in their lives. Its really a modern fantasy, but because I am trying to set it in a realistic world the characters are not aware of or experiencing the fantasy elements of their world. At least not yet.

Hope that helps clarify, and if you disagree still with the categorization I would love to know why.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
the circle in the glade was another step into fantasy

A circle filled with interwoven glyphs and wards, recognized by and incorporated into the pond and glade. Karen knew what she was doing even if we don't.

The colours sound beautiful. The image that came to mind as the wind swirled and the colours emanated from the water, trees and moss while Andrew stood in the centre of the circle was of Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. A bit too much?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Misspelling

I usually wouldn't bother commenting at all, but I'm enjoying the story a lot an figure its a small price to pay for the effort you've put it, thanks for the good read.

Pg. 1: "Sounds good, son." his mother said as Andrew headed down the hallway. Walking passed {past} his parents"

pg. 3 Is that supposed to be "werewolves" or werecats?

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 5 years ago
Lovin' it!

Sara and Andrew learning together is so sweet, as well as their mutual exploration of each other. I love their bonding and enjoy how you weave this tale of them becoming closer (along with helping their parent's libido out too). :) 5

PyroDragonPyroDragonover 4 years ago
@Anonymous

We have enough stories with "realistic" characters which equal them being frustratingly over dramatic and whinny. The girl is already aware of super natural powers and the guy is used to seeing fantasy elements and they are bonded. I prefer seeing them enjoying themselves rather than seeing them struggle over made up drama.

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 years ago

I think at this point he should be wondering if he’s adopted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPantherParabola@PantherParabola
Like many writers, I've created a Patreon account and am publishing my chapters there in advance of their release here. Since there is no approval process on Patreon, chapters appear there immediately for all subscribers, and may take upwards of a week to appear here. Further,...