The Bonding Ritual Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So the crazy blonde from last night, she is part of this... Order you mentioned," Isadora nodded in response to my statement. "You said you weren't supposed to tell me all of this, I'm guessing to prevent any information from getting back to The Order," she nodded again, still chewing her food. "So why did you tell me?"

She picked up her napkin to wipe her lips gently as she finished her food, instantly placing her hands across the table into mine, "You fought her and saved me, which is the only reason I am here right now. I have no doubt that she would have taken me prisoner or killed me without hesitation. She has seen your face and believes you and I are already bonded, which means they may continue to hunt not only me but also you. Not to mention you stole her weapon," she looked at my right arm where the metal bracer rested comfortably against my skin.

"What is this anyways?" looking down, it was the first time Isa had mentioned it and also the first time I'd had any chance to examine the strange artifact in the light. The same strange drawings that were painted in the alley were etched into the metal of the bracer.

"The markings are part of the multiverse language, but I'm not quite sure what it says," she pulled at my hand, drawing the bracer closer. I had to turn my wrist in a rather awkward position so as to not accidentally touch her chest. She began to run her fingers along the bracer, tracing the strange symbols, which caused a peculiar warmth to fill me. "The dialect is old. I can only make out a few words, but it doesn't quite make sense," she continued focusing her attention on the bracer, tracing different lines and curves along the surface.

"Parts of this look like a bonding spell, but it is inverted in certain areas and missing in others," she continued tracing her fingers across the bracer. "And here, the pronouns switch, which doesn't make any sense. Accuracy is extremely important with the multiverse language. One wrong mistake can have dire consequences. It seems incomplete to me, but a multiverse scholar would know more about this," She looked back up at me, placing her hand back in mine.

"Well, let's deal with one issue at a time. So how do we get you to safety?" I asked, thinking this was the most logical objective with this crazy woman on the loose.

"The only place safe from them is my home planet since they cannot breach my universe, but you would remain in danger even if I left," she said and then continued. "I'm afraid you are stuck with me. I think it is safer if we remain together," she smiled at me.

"If you stay here, both of us are in danger, but if you go home, at least I will know that you are safe," I felt protective of this woman in front of me. I don't know if it was everything we'd been through in such a short period or what, but I couldn't let anything happen to her.

"I can't let you sacrifice yourself like that James," she clasped my hand tightly, a horrified look on her face. "Besides, there is another way that could give us some protection," she loosened her grip on my hand, but she still seemed slightly nervous.

"We could bond," she looked at me as if trying to gauge my reaction.

"You've mentioned bonding a couple of times, but what does that even mean?" I asked, wanting some clarification.

"It is a rather simple process, especially when everyone involved is willing," she started. "There are different types, but they help us to anchor ourselves in the world we are visiting."

"So is it like a contract?" I asked.

"Sort of-" she paused before continuing. "The bond is written in the language of the multiverse. Whatever is written or spoken re-writes the universe's truth based on its contents."

"That sounds dangerous," I pondered the consequences.

"It can be, although most known phrases have a very limited scope. It also takes energy to speak in the true language. If someone tried to, for instance, bind an entire city to their will, they would most likely end up in a coma or dead because the energy comes from their life force. Not only that, the size of the impact exponentially increases the complexity of the sentence that needs to be written or spoken."

"So this language... it is kinda like magic then?"

"In a way, yes, although don't expect anything flashy like fireballs or lightning," she giggled.

"There go my dreams of becoming a real-life wizard I guess," I laughed. Usually, I'd be a bumbling mess in front of such a beautiful woman, but Isadora had this calming effect on me.

"Well, that's not to say there won't be fireworks, just maybe not in the way you were thinking," Isadora's cheeks blushed. She paused for a moment before continuing, "All bonds require a sacrifice."

"Okay? We don't have to kill a goat or anything, right?"

"Oh, no, of course not," I was relieved to hear her say that. "The bond I was taught requires me to sacrifice my freedom of choice."

"What do you mean? What will happen to you? That sounds dangerous," fear crept into my voice.

Isadora smiled reassuringly, "Nothing will happen, but I will have to do whatever you say."

"Wait, you're telling me that if we go through this, whatever I say, you'd just... have to do it?" while Isadora seemed okay with this, I wasn't comfortable with being in control of someone else's life.

"Yes, but James, look at me," I looked straight into her beautiful dark eyes, my heart skipping. "James, this is what I came here to do. I came to find someone to bond with and I can't imagine anyone else I would want to do that with except you."

I shook my head, "But I'm the only one you've ever even met in my world."

"James, in less than 24 hours that I have been in your world, you've saved my life and cared for me in countless ways. In fact, even now, the fact that you are hesitant to do this makes me realize even more that you are the one I want to do this with," her eyes stared into mine intensely as she said this. "I trust you with my life, and I want this if you'll have me."

My heart beat rapidly. This gorgeous woman in front of me who would make supermodels jealous wants to bond with me, giving me the power to make her do whatever I want. I knew others would jump at this chance and would take advantage of her. The idea scared me, not just the morale implications, but what would happen if she disliked me or wished to leave.

"I- I can't do that to you, Isa. I want to protect you, I want to help you, but at what cost? You become my slave and have no choice!" briefly, I remembered Aurora calling me master. It seemed like a lifetime ago, but it was only yesterday. I couldn't even accept a robot that I had built thinking it was my slave.

"I understand, it is a big decision," she smiled, gently running her fingers across the top of my hand. "Think about it and we can discuss it more later."

"Okay," I took a moment to relax. I needed to come up with another solution to help Isadora. I started thinking about what else we needed to do. Isadora's foot sliding up and down the inside of my leg reminded me of the fall she took, so I used that as an excuse to change the subject for now, "How is your foot?"

Her face scrunched as she tried circling her ankle, "It's still pretty sore."

"My university is close by, we can go get your foot checked out by the doctor there just to make sure nothing is broken. You'll get to see where I go to school," talking about school reminded me of the events of yesterday. I hoped I still had a school to go to, but that was a problem for a different day. "After that, I need to swing past my friend's shop and then we can go back to my place to figure out our next plan. How does that sound?"

She smiled, "Sounds perfect, I can't wait to learn more about you!"

I helped her out of her seat. She leaned into me for support and I wrapped my arm around her waist to take the pressure off of her foot. I paid the cashier at the front of the diner and we left.