The Bookstore (Prequel)

Story Info
Faro's sub journey begins...
6.2k words
4.83
4.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
seksisan
seksisan
10 Followers

Disclaimer: This is the beginning of Faro's journey into depravity at the hands of her first Dom. Just assume she has read a lot on her own and knows that she wants to give it all a try, just hasn't found the right partner... until now.

* * *

Faro was sitting on her favorite window seat at the back of her favorite bookstore. The seclusion from the rest of the store and the warmth of the sunlight from the large window that faced the river made this the perfect spot for reading and journaling in relative peace. With the works of Anne Rice caddy-corner to her seat, she'd often stop journaling to read one of these books. As she'd been coming to this store since she was a tween (more a library for her by now), she'd read all her works by this point and loved that this side of town mostly ignored this genre.

As she journaled her thoughts, today focusing on kinks, she caught sight of someone out of the corner of her eye. 'Oh!', she thought to herself as she turned her head and saw what book they held. 'Pandora by Anne Rice... Such an underappreciated piece.'

About to blurt out her unsolicited approval of their choice, she stopped. Faro bit her lip as she considered the man before her. He was around 5'11", had shoulder-length dark brown curly hair, and a short well-manicured beard. He was wearing slacks, nice boots, and a button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows.

'Well shit.' she mused, ' Straight from one of my smutty novels.' Faro smiled to herself before turning back to her journal. A few moments later, movement caught her attention. The visitor returned 'Pandora' to the shelf, retrieved 'Interview with a Vampire', read the synopsis on the back, then returned the book to the shelf. He continued the process over and over, pulling each book, reading the synopsis, then putting it back. Faro tried to focus on her writing, but the constant movement and occasional sigh were distracting. She looked up again, frustrated this time, to see that He had once again pulled 'Pandora' from the shelf. His brow was knitted together in concentration. 'I wonder if he's struggling to make a decision?' she thought to herself. The interloper then let out a rather loud and, what Faro considered to be, dramatic sigh. Faro decided to help both him and herself by providing a recommendation.

"' Pandora' is one of my favorites by Rice." Faro offered with a smile.

Absently and without even looking at her, He replied, "I've heard it was boring."

Faro was more than a little surprised. 'How incredibly and unnecessarily rude.' she thought to herself. Before her brain could temper her tongue, her mouth decided its reply.

"If you can't see the beauty in that book, then you have no soul for the dark and untamed and should stick to less complex works, such as Clifford the Big Red Dog." she spat, narrowing her eyes and glaring at the stranger.

Luke looked up, fully taking in the source of the retort. The first thing He noticed was her eyes. Long lashes framed big brown eyes and full red lips were pressed together in a defiant glare. Bronze skin seemed to almost shimmer in the sunlight coming through the window. A curly dark brown mess of spiral curls framed her face. Luke was taken aback, not expecting to be so dazzled by his critic.

'She is absolutely radiant.' He thought to himself.

He then considered His words and how He honestly had no justified reason to criticize a book He'd never read himself and how He'd likely disturbed her solitude back here with his pulling and returning books to the shelves. 'Two seconds into a conversation and I've managed to sound like a pretentious ass. That has to be a record.' He thought as He considered her. He opted for a truce.

"Perhaps you are right. I should read a book before judging it." He responded hoping she would forgive his rudeness."

Faro rolled her eyes, shrugged, and returned her attention to her journal. She'd barely gotten another few sentences out when she heard, "Could you point out another that I might enjoy?"

She took a breath and closed her eyes trying to stave off her irritation. While eyeing the shelf, she stood and took a couple of steps toward the stranger. She selected "Violin" one of Rice's best, in her opinion.

"This..." she began as she turned towards Him, "is one of the best..." but she couldn't finish her thought as their eyes met again. 'Whoa.' she thought.

He was closer than she expected. There were vivid green specs in His light hazel eyes. His soft curls framed a handsome face. His gaze was so intense, she instinctively lowered her gaze. She just stared at the floor without anything of substance running through her mind. She couldn't remember what she was going to say.

"What were you saying?" He asked her quietly.

Faro looked back up at Him with her mouth parted, but still unable to form a coherent sentence. She just looked at Him. 'What is wrong with me?' she thought.

She wasn't the only one awestruck. Luke looked down at Faro. He was intrigued by the flutter in His chest and the tightening of His stomach. She looked even more beautiful up close. The spiral curls of her bangs made Him want to wrap a finger into it. She smelled of citrus and spice. He wanted to caress her cheek, just to see if it was as smooth as it appeared to be. His eyes fell on her lips next, and His mouth opened a bit as He studied them. 'So alluring.' He thought as He caught himself leaning forward a bit. She smelled like oranges with just a hint of vanilla. 'What am I doing?' He asked himself. She bit her lower lip. They looked so soft He almost kissed her.

"Perfect." He whispered aloud to himself.

Faro felt her cheeks grow hot and she turned away quickly.

Luke took a half step back, realizing He was completely out of His mind and needed to regain control of His thoughts and actions.

"I'm so sorry. I... there's no reason to turn away." He said as He took the book from her hands. "I apologize for being so forward. Will you tell me why Rice is such a favorite of yours?" He asked while moving towards the window seat. He sat down and looked at her expectantly.

Faro stepped over and sat next to Him and let out a big breath. "Um, well..." she started, unable to think. 'Have I forgotten how to people?' she asked herself.

"Is it her phrasing?" He asked curiously as He opened Violin to the first page.

"Yes, and the storytelling. She creates a pocket universe in her books. You can almost smell the scents she describes and hear the whispers in the streets. She creates an escape." Faro responded, looking at her shoes.

He sat quietly, reading the first couple of pages. "I see what you mean. She does write in an elevated, but common kind of way. Makes you feel like you're reading a transcribed conversation as opposed to fiction."

"Exactly! That's exactly it." Faro smiled as she looked at the page He was reading.

"Would it be strange if I read next to you? I want to finish a couple of chapters." He asked.

"Oh, um, sure?" She responded as she picked up her journal and leaned back against the sill. She glanced at Him as He did the same seemingly captivated by the book.

They sat in physical silence, though Faro's mind was anything but. She was watching His every movement. She watched His bicep muscles flex as He turned each page. She watched as He smiled or furrowed His brow. He was... incredibly sexy and her imagination was running WILD. She watched Him for twenty minutes, musing over all manner of sexually explicit interactions before He finally looked up and noticed her gawking at Him.

Her eyes widened and she looked down very suddenly and covered her face. 'I am going to die of embarrassment right here.' She thought to herself. 'If this was a fantasy novel and He was a werewolf, He'd smell exactly what I was thinking... I need to get laid.' she sighed at herself.

Before Luke could truly consider His actions, He reached over and pulled her hand from her face. "Don't hide from me." He muttered. He couldn't believe those words just dropped out of His mouth like a brick off the top of Big Ben.

But, to His surprise, she responded, "Ok." and now it was His turn to stare. Her natural submission had His heart pounding in His chest. He looked deep into her chocolate eyes as He slowly dragged the fingertips of His right hand over the soft flesh of her neck and jaw, then gently caressed her cheek.

She bit her lip again. Her eyes fluttered shut. 'I am hopeless. My imagination is out of control. This is not a book, Faro. Get a grip!' She thought to herself. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes. '

He leaned in slowly, tilting His head. "Your name?" He asked.

"Faro." She replied in a breathy voice.

He smiled as He looked down at her lips. "May I kiss you, Faro?" He asked quietly.

"Yes, please." was her simple reply.

She felt her heart flutter as His lips met hers. She became dizzy as she gently pushed into His kiss with a soft sigh. Her journal slipped to the floor as He pulled her close, deepening the kiss. His tongue explored hers for a few more glorious seconds before He dragged His teeth across her lower lip as He pulled back and looked at her.

"Perfection." He whispered again as He let her go, and she just looked at Him. Completely shocked by her actions, but also... not so shocked. 'This is what happens when you read too much smut.' She scolded herself.

"I can't believe myself." She said quietly. "I don't even know your name."

"Luke." He said, grinning as He knelt, picked up her journal, and handed it to her.

She looked at Him, trying to decide which one of them was more insane. "Well, Luke..." she began as she took the journal. "Thank you for picking up my journal. I can't fathom what made me so clumsy." She finished.

"Perhaps a roguish stranger kissing you in the back of a bookstore?" He smirked, leaning back.

"I don't recall any such thing happening," she responded as she grabbed her purse. Then, in true Faro fashion... she left Him sitting there, chuckling to himself as she walked away, leaving the bookstore.

'I can't believe I just let a total stranger kiss me!' Faro thought to herself as she drove home. 'Why did I let Him approach me like that? More importantly, how will I ever see Him again? I'm such an idiot for trying to get the last word and just leaving. I... UGH!'

After arriving at her apartment, she put her things away and sat at her desk to check emails. Not 5 minutes later, her roommate, Kai, knocked on her door, then opened it without waiting for a response. Typical.

"Where have you been? I was beginning to think you might have eaten out or something. Can you help me set the table? Shawn is coming over for dinner, and he's bringing a friend for you to meet. I think his name was Landon or something? I don't remember. Wait, you haven't eaten already have you?" he asked.

"Kai. Why are you forever trying to set me up on blind dates with your boyfriend's friends and relatives?" I smiled as I got up and followed him into the kitchen. "Not a single one has gotten past that first date. They've all been terrible! And no, I'm starving!"

"Because I love you, and you need dick." He replied. Faro burst into giggles as she set the table. Well, he wasn't wrong there... especially after today. While she was in a 'helping' mood, she also made a salad and got the liquor down to make drinks for Sean and his guest. She made herself an Old Fashioned (her favorite) and put the pouring spouts in the other bottles.

"I love your baked spaghetti!" She exclaimed. After a moment, she added, "Wait... This guy must be terrible if you're making my favorite dish." Faro looked at him with an eyebrow cocked, hands folded across her chest.

"Actually, this guy is perfect for you. Sean said he is witty and hot and will undoubtedly keep you on your toes." Kai responded, a sly grin on his face.

"Ooh, color me intrigued!" Faro responded, shimmying her way across the kitchen.

They laughed as they continued prepping for their guests. After getting dinner ready, they quickly cleared the living room of their bags and shoes. Faro was walking towards her room when the doorbell rang.

"Change really fast while I get the door!" Kai yelled.

Rolling her eyes, Faro closed her door and stalked to her closet. She grabbed a cute high-waisted skater skirt, thigh-high boots, and a crop top. Some chunky accessories and Faro looked refreshed. As Faro walked down the hall, she thought she recognized the guest's voice. Her suspicions were confirmed as she walked around the corner and into the living room.

Next to Shawn stood her date. Bookstore guy! 'WTF?!' she thought.

"Well, well, well," Faro said, smirking in His direction.

"It seems the Fates are in my favor today." He replied.

"So, you've met already?" Kai asked, slowly walking forward.

"Is this the girl from the bookstore that you told me about?" Shawn asked His friend.

"Woman." Luke corrected Shawn. "And yes, this is indeed the woman I met earlier today." He finished.

"Oh? You mentioned me, did you? And what did you have to say?" Faro asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I told him I met a vampire enchantress who schooled me on her people's lore." He responded, stepping towards her, His smile widening. Her eyes were ablaze with mischief. He loved it.

Faro laughed and rolled her eyes, looking down at the floor to hide her blush. Kai pulled on Shawn's arm, head nodding towards the kitchen.

"I told you not to hide from me, Faro." He said quietly to her.

Her stomach tightened. It was sexy as hell. This was a kink she'd always wanted to play into but never found a partner willing or capable. 'I'm playing with fire... but what the hell!' she mused.

"I just find all of this rather... insane," Faro replied, looking up at Him. Her cheeks flushed as she met His intense gaze.

"Would you do me a favor?" He asked.

"I'll consider it..." Faro responded cautiously.

"When we're alone, call me Sir." He said firmly, studying her eyes. He saw the spark in her eye and knew instantly Shawn had been right. She would be absolutely perfect.

"When we're alone? That is rather presumptuous. Besides, why would I do that, Luke?" Faro asked. 'Sean 100% told him what kind of books I read... I should be upset... but I'm not.'

"Because, Pet, it excites you when you're told what to do, and you'll enjoy our time together even more if you obey," Luke replied.

Faro felt a tingle between her legs, and her heartbeat accelerated. She knew she was blushing, but she couldn't look away. 'Kai was right. I need dick. Maybe his?' she thought to herself.

"Come on, you two! You can flirt later. Come sit down and eat!" Kai proclaimed as he took his seat.

Faro grinned at Luke and walked into the kitchen, calling out, "Would you like a drink, Luke?"

"I heard you make an incredible Old Fashioned. I'd like to see for myself." Luke replied. She grinned as she made His drink and refreshed her own.

Faro placed the drink down in front of Him. As she took her seat, she nervously watched Him pick up His glass and inhale deeply. He nodded His head slowly, clearly enjoying the fragrance. He took a slow and measured sip, then set the glass down gently. He smiled then looked Faro in the eye,

"This is beautifully balanced." He said appreciatively.

Faro positively beamed. Something about receiving this praise from Him had her giddy.

Kai noticed the exchange but said nothing. Shawn acted as though the salad was the most exciting thing in the world, but he surely saw what was happening around him. He always did.

Dinner was lovely. They all chatted about their hobbies and work. Shawn shared that he received a promotion, and Kai made a joke about becoming a desperate househusband someday. Everyone laughed. Luke's laugh was sexy and adorable all at the same time. His smile lit up the room, and the smoldering stares He kept giving at Faro had every nerve in her body on fire.

She craved Him. She'd never craved anyone before. She'd never been desperate to touch any other person the way she was desperate to touch Luke. 'Maybe he likes to be teased?' she wondered. Just as she was stretching to let her foot graze His leg, Kai interrupted her thoughts.

"So, Luke, have you seen the gardens in the private park next to the apartment? It was built over a hundred years ago, and only the terrace homes have a key to access it." Kai said giddily.

"No, I haven't had the pleasure," Luke responded, looking at me. "Faro, would you show me the gardens? I'd love to take a walk with you. It's such a beautiful evening."

She quickly glanced and Kai and Shawn, not wanting to be rude. Kai read my mind and offered, "Go ahead, Faro. Shawn and I will be just fine." Kai then gave me an encouraging smile. She looked at Shawn, who was nodding his head in Luke's direction and mouthing, "GO GO GO." Horndog. She smiled at them both and turned back to Luke.

"I'd love to take you for a stroll, Luke. Let's go." She stood, followed by Kai and Shawn, who began to clear the table. Luke stood slowly, then walked to the door. Faro grabbed the key from the hook next to her house keys and led Luke outside to the private garden entrance.

She walked up to the gate and fumbled as she felt His presence behind her. Faro's breath caught in her throat.

"This all feels very... clandestine, doesn't it?" He whispered into her ear. He was so close she could smell His cologne.

Faro could only nod her head as she finally managed to open the lock and push the gate open. She moved forward and stood to the side to allow him to follow so she could close the ivy-covered gate behind them. While only the terrace apartments have access, the building belongs to Kai's father who didn't give out any keys besides Kai's and an elderly couple that only ventures out during the day. Not to mention, they go to bed around 7 pm.

Her heart was racing wondering what Luke was thinking. 'You could always ask, chicken.' she teased herself.

"Faro, I need you to know that I am incredibly taken with you. I can't recall ever kissing someone upon first meeting them, nor can I recall ever enjoying a conversation such as I did during dinner." He said as He stepped closer to her.

"Thank you... Sir." she ventured in response. She looked Him straight on wanting to see His reaction.

Something dark flashed in His eye. His demeanor seemed to shift and He moved even closer to her. A smile tugged at His perfect lips as He looked into her eyes. She could see the restraint. He wanted her, but she felt compelled to tell Him more about what she was interested in before this got any more intense.

"I'm sure Shawn shared quite a bit about my reading habits and my sexual interests, albeit unexplored. I can't imagine you would be so bold otherwise. I'm 100% interested, just inexperienced in this area. Nevertheless, I've never actually done anything like this before. I understand the concepts, it's just new to me... I'm sorry." she said looking down.

"There is absolutely nothing to be sorry for. I'm more than happy to guide you in testing your boundaries and exploring your kinks to their fullest. But... am I really the first person you've ever considered submitting to?" He asked.

"Yes," she responded shyly. Faro walked a few feet to a bench under an ivy-covered arch and sat down, straddling it.

"You're doing quite well, but I shouldn't have assumed this was.. normal for you. You just seemed to fall in line so easily." He responded chuckling softly.

"You kind of make it easy," she said looking away again.

"Faro, stop hiding from me. An important step is trust. We can start with you not trying to hide from me when you're unsure or embarrassed. How do you feel about exhibitionism? Public displays of explicit activities... where we could be caught?" He asked.

seksisan
seksisan
10 Followers
12