The Boyfriend Pt. 24

Story Info
Blake deals with her mother's will.
1.1k words
4.71
2.1k
1

Part 24 of the 73 part series

Updated 01/24/2024
Created 07/25/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

XXIV: The Will

Blake and Liam

Blake

Blake took a deep breath as she closed the door behind her, heart pounding, thoughts whirling.

What the actual fuck?

She sank down to the floor, back against the door, and hugged her feet to her knees.

Why is she still fucking me up like this even after she's gone?

Blake had managed to hold it together in front of her grandparents, and had told them she had to think about it, since there was a lot to think about.

Now, her eyes were hot, her breathing shallow.

It took her a moment to realize her phone was in her hand, her messages to Liam open.

Clenching her teeth, Blake let out a low whine and tossed the phone across the room.

I can't call him again. Not when I'm like this.

That would be too much for him.

A tear rolled down Blake's cheek, but instead of wiping it away, she just squeezed her legs tighter, sniffling to hold back any sobs.

He signed up for a girlfriend, and the complicated camgirl part. He didn't sign up for a fucking basket case that cries all the time.

Blake knew that wasn't true. Liam...he hadn't seen her at her worst, but he'd seen her at a few pretty low, vulnerable points, and all he'd shown her was compassion. Not pity, not contempt, but kindness, and even understanding.

Still, she couldn't bring herself to talk to him about this. It was too much to unload on him, especially when she was a weepy fucking mess.

Plus...

Blake sighed.

This has to be my decision.

She didn't want the money. The house, the car, any of it. She wanted nothing to do with her mom, for so many reasons.

But then there was her practical side. Her mom's life insurance policy went to Blake, since her dad was in prison, and between that, and what her mom had saved up, Blake would be able to pay off all her loans with no problem.

And that was without selling the car or the house. With those...

I wouldn't need money for a long time. I wouldn't need to work.

She wouldn't need to cam.

The thought of that made Blake's stomach hurt.

It was part of her plan. Chloe had drilled that into her. The bad days would eventually take a bit too much of a toll after a certain amount of years, and as much as her "Cherry" personality was a part of her appeal, once she got old enough that she just didn't look as good, she knew it would be harder to make the same amount of money. She'd have to do shows with other people, do freakier things on cam, or find ways of making herself look better, none of which she wanted to do.

Her plan had always been to cam through college to help pay for things and build up a nest egg, then keep it a little ways through her first job out of school--provided that was sustainable--and then quit, because she wouldn't need the money any longer.

Yet, camming was something Blake had done herself. Something she'd earned.

Chloe had helped her a lot, but Blake had still needed to put in the hard work.

When her mom had essentially abandoned her financially, Blake had not just kept herself afloat, but done really well, working hard and sacrificing relationships and much of a social life for a while to excel at what she did, even if it was something most people looked down on.

Blake didn't want a handout.

Not from her, at least. This is all her fucking fault, anyway.

That made her realize who she could talk to.

Taking a deep breath, Blake rose from her spot against the door and crossed the room to pick up her phone, sitting down on her bed.

She knew it was too late, but she checked the visiting-hours time and rules anyway.

Throwing her head back, Blake took a deep breath.

She could call, but...she liked seeing her dad. And she knew how much of a scam the calls were.

But I need him.

And she still had some time left.

Taking another deep breath, Blake rose to her feet and crossed over to her door, opening it and poking her head out.

"Grandma, Grandpa?" she called, "I'm calling Dad. Do either of you want to talk to him when I'm done?"

***

Liam

"Oh."

Sounds about right.

"So..." Kekoa began, then looked back at the phone, dark cheeks getting a little darker, "She's..."

Liam held out his hand and Kekoa handed back the phone, "Yeah."

Kekoa blinked, then leaned back into the seat, blowing out a stream of air.

"Fuck. That's..."

Kekoa shook his head, taking a deep breath, and Liam's stomach tightened a bit. He didn't think Kekoa would tell anyone about it, but...

He might tell me I'm an idiot.

Liam didn't think he was. He had thought through what being with Blake meant. If he hadn't thought he could handle it, he wouldn't have said yes, as much as it would have sucked. He knew he didn't have to worry about Blake, though. Not with the way she looked at him.

"So," Kekoa said, pulling Liam back out of his thoughts, "What you said about having a few classes with her...?"

"That's actually true," Liam said, relaxing just a bit, though his cheeks were hot. His brother didn't sound judgmental or annoyed at him. Just curious, "I just didn't meet her there."

Kekoa nodded to himself, "So...how did you meet her?"

Liam's cheeks grew even hotter as he swallowed, and Kekoa laughed, "Okay, now I have to know."

"I walked into Marie's apartment before she got home."

Kekoa's eyes went wide, "Wait, she's Marie's friend?"

Liam scrubbed a hand through his hair, giving his brother a sheepish grin, "Her roommate, actually?"

Kekoa's eyes went almost wider than Liam thought possible.

Then his brother barked a laugh.

"Holy shit."

Liam sighed, rolling his eyes, "I guess this is better than 'you're a fucking moron'."

Kekoa shook his head, still laughing, "Oh, you're definitely a fucking moron, but not specifically just for this. Ho-lee fuck."

Liam sighed, letting Kekoa laugh it out a bit longer.

When his brother finally finished laughing, he took a few more bites of his burger--Liam did the same, finishing his off--then popped a few fries into his mouth and grinned at Liam.

"Okay, I need the whole story before I tell you just how much of a moron you are."

A/N: What do you think of Kekoa so far? And what about Blake? Do you think she's being too stubborn or prideful? Or is she right to not want the money?