All Comments on 'The Bridge - A Little More'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 282 Comments (Page 3)
MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
LOL

Good insight into the whores mind...

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great sequel

This is the true face of Gloria, I think that you have nailed her perfectly in this sequel. It is beyond ironic that her actions with what she perceives as a "prince", turns the husband she so disdained into what she most desired. Now he sustains her. Beautiful.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Disdains

Disdain not sustain. Damn spellchecker.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Well, a final extra BTB. Gave it full stars, but I think the way the original author left it was sufficient, and while this story is entertaining, I see is as a different story about different people.

Don't like the idea of Lyle becoming like Gabe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Revenge Porn and SNAG

The original story was straightforward revenge porn. Tarantino uses the same technique. Fun stuff, right? We all have to get off somehow and some of us like to jerk off to images in our own head of burning down the bridges to trap those who wronged us terribly. Very hot. Getting hard right now thinking about it.

There were some nice literary crossword puzzles as well. Paula was my favorite character and seemed amazingly real for how improbable she was.

Gloria seemed deeply unrealistic. Not the cheating, that's very typical, even for mothers (especially for mothers?), but rather how she flaunted it so openly. That just seemed awkward and forced.

But she had to for the story to work. It had to hurt to justify the wonderful and very pornographic series of moves Lyle made afterwards. Really, I had to wipe down my keyboard and laptop monitor after reading that. Very well done.

As for the SNAG comment above.

"I think Richard Gerald reflects the lingering SNAG (Sensitive New Age Guy) personal identity confusion, promulgated by the overall belittling and denigration of all things that are male, manly, husband-like, and fatherly. "

Whacking off to revenge porn is one thing, but it's just that. Porn. Fantasy. Like all the rest on Literotica. It's not supposed to be real. If you think any of this is real, please, see a therapist before it's too late.

Because Richard was absolutely dead on. There was absolutely nothing commendable about what he did at all. Lyle's wife cheated on him. Ok, he really screwed up and married the wrong woman. Get a divorce and explain to the kids. Try to do better next time on choosing who the friends are. End of story.

Instead he committed felony arson against a community and corporate fraud. He caused unemployment for probably many workers who were completely innocent of Gabe's obvious sexual addiction and Gloria's insecurities. The damage he caused to society was nuclear compared to what Gabe/Gloria did to one family.

His reaction was beyond insanely childish - like a baby giant throwing a tantrum. He absolutely deserves to go to Jail.

And, yes, Gabe and Gloria deserve to live the rest of their life dealing with the personal guilt of their adultery. An immoral act, but not a punishable crime except in maybe in some medieval Sharia governed state.

That's how the story should have ended.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I'm sure I've commented on this before, but I'm not inclined to scroll so far back, so this may be a repeat -

RG's letter: "This is a woman that, as far as I am aware, has never been unfaithful to her husband. But, under those circumstances, she would have been. I also know that she would have expected her husband to forgive her, and I believe he would have." - NO! MAYBE she would have been unfaithful under those circumstances, but unless she's some sort of a sociopath she's NOT going to expect her husband to forgive her, and unless he's a wimp cuckold, he wouldn't forgive her.

Going back to the original story, my only complaint with Lyle was his not taking action when Gabe gave her a "passionate" kiss under the mistletoe. I thought I remembered Gabe also being inappropriate on the dance floor, but I guess that was my imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
All your “quotes” made it near unreadable.

For fuck’s sake, not everything is ironic. Are you seriously putting alpha male in quotes?

dwhit48988dwhit48988almost 4 years ago
What happened to Lyle?

The Richard Gerald "Lyle" was NOT an alpha male, more a Clark Kent type. The Gloria character was never developed in the Bridge as she really only spoke two times. I find her a shallow person in both stories.

Hope chapter two is better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The problem with RG's stories are he's quite the wordsmith, but has limited talent when it comes to writing female characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So many problems with this submission.

First , there is the initial explanation by the author of the idea. Writes great stuff about power struggles and real estate scams, but doesn't have firm grasp on average man. Agree with sfbrooks, if the woman he knew had strayed with handsome older man, there would be hell to pay. Divorce a possibility.

So, you continue the story , and add a few layers. Husband no longer a powerful rising force, but an insecure loser. Wife is not an ugly duckling turned swan, but a cheating thoughtless slut. At least in her mind. They are both much less. Disappointed. but look forward to Ch 3.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again. This is a great sequel to what remains one of the first and best LW stories that I ever read. As I said before, this is exactly the way I saw Gloria.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

great stuff, thought it was a fitting sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Original good story and this good also

Enjoye

jtwheels

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A bit forced, but good 5/5

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I like this story and its analysis of the marriage, BUT in the original story, Lyle stated in the cabin: "You have been a great wife and mother through times that have not been easy. You put me through Law School and raised kids on my meager salary while going back to school. You struggled to earn the great body you have, and you still contribute more than your share to our household. I'm proud to be your husband."

Somehow, that description of a woman staying by and supporting her husband just does not jive with this version of the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "really like this extra" - Why the need to bring politics in? How is Jill Biden a "fake doc?" She's not passing herself off as a medical doctor, she has a PhD, which makes her a REAL doctor.

/

As for this story, it's okay except for RG's letter which essentially disavows his here in The Bridge.

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

LOL the ignorant supporters around Jill Biden were saying she should be surgeon general Might have been one of the bimboloids on the view . I think that's where that came from.

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

Maybe the worst story I have ever read on Literotica. This guy ignores the point of the original story, and he utterly misunderstands the characters, especially Gloria. And, dear god, the tone of Gloria's narrative is repulsive — this is what happens when "incel" men write women's dialog (or their thoughts, as the case may be). And if I saw one more clichéd "Alpha/Beta" reference, I think I was gonna hurl.

Meanwhile, "the PhD" didn't know the difference between "discrete" and "discreet" or "insure" and "ensure." That's because this guy writing this stuff does so on a seventh-grade level.

Truly awful. One star.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago
PSYCHOBABBLE

This is some of the worst examples of attempted psychobabble I have ever read on L.W. I guess when an author has no idea where to take a story imitation psychbabble wins the lottery! Gloria is a pathetic and lost soul who deserves no sympathy and very little consideration. The character is the product of an unsuitable personality for storytelling. The original story left much to be desired and after reading G.A.'s mess on 'February' I see a similarity of confusion and unsuitability of author to construct a story. This was almost a run-on phrase list!( I guess that's a question for a 10th grade English language teacher!) I'm certainly not qualified to answer it... I just know i didn't like it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

frontlinecaster a few years ago said, "Never understand the obsession the btb crowd here has with proving authors wrong about their own characters." - I completely accept that the author is the authority on their characters, and if the author wanted to write Lyle as accepting of Gloria's actions, then he was.

/

Where Richard goes wrong is making assertions about real people, and that some women will go off with her "prince" and expect their husbands to accept it, and Richard says that they will. These are not his characters, so we are within our rights to tell him that he's full of shit! That that only applies to wimp cuckolds, that normal men wouldn't even sit there and accept their wives going off, and certainly wouldn't be there when they came back!

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago
You know Meredithx

Maybe you should try writing a story. Huh? Yeah, so all of us can lambaste you and your views on life. You realize all of the readers on here almost never write a story. But the criticizm is harsh. So try it, so we can all criticize you relentlessly. I have read The Bridge five times. I like what Lyle did. I hated the rest of the characters except the previous owner of the business. Didi you know someone just like you wrote just about the same comments about Vandemonium1, Saddletramp1956, and other real good authors. Chasing writers out of this site seems to be what all you critical thinking people do. We need some of the greats back. Who cares what kind of story it is, even though I love BTB, some RAAC stories carry the weight of being a good story. So try to write one. Please. Make it about an ex-foster child whom everybody thinks is a wimp, but who turns the tables on his abuser wife. Just like he did in foster care with his foster parents.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
THE LAST SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL

and she will continue with her train of thought against a mortal man. TK U MLJ LV NV

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

@trandall9991: That story was "Hall of Fame" bad. And I explained why. S-U-C-K-E-D. Deal with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When I first read The Bridge (twice!) I was hoping that some sequel would be written and focus more on Gloria and Gabe and the aftermath. And by golly, my wish just got granted. Glad I found this. Thank you justbobkc. 4 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I believe RG is certifiable. The letter presented at the beginning states Gloria behavior is expected and acceptable, and that husbands the world over should forgive their wifesleeping around . Any story RG presents is an abomination and any story that address this shortcoming as this one does is a worthy addition. RG clearly lives in a cuck world and needs much help. This author provided some, thanks

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Great continuation of the original tale. Left out a few detaits but a great tale. I always re-read the best tales.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well, that had WAY too MANY, SHOUTY all capital WORDS in it! You MUST think, like Gloria I guess, that your readers are just too STUPID to know where to assign the EMPHASIS in a sentence. You should trust us and just let your readers READ! Sheesh

I’m disheartened to learn Richard Gerald’s thoughts about his married friends. That she would cheat and he would forgive. It certainly knocked him down a peg or two. I wish you hadn’t included it. If someone did that to their committed partner male or female, in public, with witnesses that know him or her, it will never be forgotten! Trust me! And if they can’t forget then forgiveness is unlikely. No matter what the Bible says

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I certainly don't agree with RG in his original letter. Gloria's behaviour should never be expected, and I certainly don't condemn Lyle's actions. It seems RG may feel that it is OK for a woman to cheat and disrespect the man, and the man to forgive easily or at least live with it. It would seem RG approved of the cuckold lifestyle. To each , there own, but that is a significant minority viewpoint.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

"How can a Ph.D. psychologist just be so dumb when it comes to men and sex - and me and even herself???"

-

= That is exactly my sentiment. For a Doctor in Psychology Gloria was incredibly dumb, stupid, foolish and entitled witch.

premshankerpremshankeralmost 3 years ago

'"While I was at Law School, Gloria had slaved away as a bank teller to support us both. She had earned enough to pay the rent and put food on our table"

Above statement by RG depict that Gloria did care for her Family,inducing husband

However her hidden "slutty" nature ultimate surfaced and took priory

I think this is "principal" theme,and should have been 'highlighted' subsequently

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Still confused at RG’s comment. Exactly, again, who the the fuck is critical of Lyle’s actions in the original??? Other than the odd cuckold fantasist of course.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

The perfect sequel to my favorite LW story of the thousand I’ve read over three years. Just a perfect picture of the cheating whore.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

How cab the really intelligent people be so stupid? Good sequel to The Bridge, I had to read the last part of that story cause I loved how he burned them both.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yep. Had a similar interaction with a 18 year old women, I was dating. She was a Narcissist, and got off on tearing down her loved ones in private, and causing them misery. Parents included. She was under the “ mistaken impression” that a pussy, would allow her to control men in her life. Welll... I packed up her shit, and dropped it off with the manager of the business she worked at. I then cut off all communication with her. Never looked back. I know that was extremely damaging to her self image. She couldn’t spin this one. There is more to the story, she did try to contact me several times, unsuccessfully. However , that was in the 80’s before cell phones.

The moral of the story is, look at the inside of someone before you commit to them. If they are ugly inside, you are only going to be in for some heartache. It’s not worth it.

premshankerpremshankerover 2 years ago

A confusing conclusion with out any end.

A meaningless depiction of 'contradictory thought'

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Never date a psychologist, they have a loose mind.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Gloria is simply a self-centered, narcissist bitch. Maybe she hid it early in their relationship, but circumstances that she still controlled, BTW, brought out her true shallowness and hate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Serves her right. Good for him.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

A pleasing wrap-up leaving the case settled, this story's view is an arrow pointed at Gloria's balloon sized ego. Thanks for letting the air out of it with this additional ending.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Yeah big nope on this one.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Gloria is self centered narcissistic ass. Oh, I mean Richard's friend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No way back for this stupid bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Meh!

Not even better Yan the original.

Bill S.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 2 years ago

Gloria says:

"But it's not true. None of it. You just twisted a few things and made all that up. I DID love you as a man, my lover, father of my children. I never despised you at all

If this was true, how could she possibly have done what she did on Memorial Day?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I want to stand up and cheer. What a great end to a truly sad story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

A sequel with a perfect picture of the cheating bitch Gloria. I wish someone would do this for February Sucks’ Linda.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This version of Gloria is nothing like the original.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is not the same Gloria. Not even remotely. Ick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have NO problem with Lyle's actions everyone earned the pain!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Considering what she did in the original story, this one just shows what she was really like on the inside (a truly ugly person in a finally externally pretty package) what a waste of his life she was.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

It is well documented through these lw pages that RG writes weak cucky, timid wimps. It is alao well documented and condirmed in the forward that RG expects that women should be allowed to stray, and be forgiven when they do,hence the provided explanation of the real world Gloria and that hubby would forgive her. Only in RG world, otherwise very much delusional. That is why this story seemd unconnected and detached from the RG original. Two competing and diametrically opposed views one in favor of cucks, one not so much.

GillotineGillotineover 1 year ago

To Drgwng: how does that ring true from RG's version of this story? Lyle was not weak or timid. He took control of the situation, and altered it. This extension does not coincide with the OG. It is merely a spin-off, with different characters of the same name. RG's version is what I hope I could achieve, given the same circumstances. THIS story is a great fantasy, but has nothing to do with the OG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meh. You went way overboard with your portrayal of Gloria; you made her cartoonishly evil and it doesn't make for a very interesting addition to the original story. Lyle is a smart insightful guy; if Gloria was the absurd bimbo fucking around like crazy for years that you make her, he would have figured it out. What she did was completely unforgivable; no self-respecting man would ever take her back. But if the chubby girl who is now the center of attention by a "Prince" who has been trying to get her into bed and finally does on the Memorial Day weekend is a more interesting character than this Gloria. This one is too stupid to be alive. So, 3***, average LW caricature of the wife hit by the slut ray; not worth the time it took to write it or read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid self entitled whore............all I see is a future 60 or 70 year old used up cunt with no redeeming value.

This should serve as a warning to other “princesses” that think they settled for less and deserve more.

Be careful which dog you choose......while they may appear loyal and accommodating and just big gentle souls. When crossed, abused, humiliated and or threatened. They recognize you for what you are and will tear you to pieces. Actually to all you “princesses” just ignore the above warning, wouldn’t want you miss out your deserved reward. Hell, no one will miss you any way.

BaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyBaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyover 1 year ago

To address some of what Rick said in his response to you in the foreward: The situation with the woman in the politician is what we have commonly referred to as a "hall pass." I personally don't know if I would give my wife one if she asked or not; I honestly don't know. The problem here is that in order for a hall pass to be used, it must first be given. Gloria never asks Lyle how he feels about giving Gloria a hall pass, much less one to fuck his boss. THAT is where I would have a HUGE problem with it if it were me. She never asks, she just assumes that She can fuck his boss, without his permission WITH HIM PRESENT.

The only guys that would be okay with that are sicko cucks that enjoy watching their wives slut it up with someone else. Even with them I would think that they would like the heads up and to give permission to fuck another guy. Once again, the big problem here is the lack of discussion and the lack of permission. While most of us wouldn't do what Lyle did in real life, most of us would have a HUGE problem with doing what Gloria did.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@iameasel1

Yeah big nope on this one. -

That is a well thought out comment.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 1 year ago

@Gillotine You got it right.

Gloria could not get so bad without Lyle noticing and acting before they went on the weekend.

He couldn't reach her when she got into her 'entitlement' phase after she got her PhD. He hung on hoping for repentance/redemption, but when she agreed to go on the weekend before talking, he just let her hang herself.

No way was he being trained into a wimp. He was just making all possible efforts to honor 'in sickness and in health' hoping for her to regain health. Then she did the unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An interesting 'explanation' for the Richard Gerald classic. But ultimately it fails. How could it succeed? His stories are like Rorschach tests that people read into for their own explanations. But in the end it doesn't matter other than the reflection it engenders: How COULD she do that? But the smart person just realizes that Yes, she did that and it's all that matters. Anything as traumatic as that story or his others would mean that a marriage would be over because the wife character never really demonstrates true remorse that forgiveness and reconciliation requires. The rest - the Why?- doesn't really matter.

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Svp, arrêtez d'écrire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some very good points but not composed all that well, thus disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, but a story failure. Richard Gerald's stories drive me crazy sometimes but Gloria was a foolish self-centered woman who paid a big and well-deserved price for her cheating, but there is nothing to suggest that she was this cartoonishly evil caricature of a cheating conniving slut. Your effort is appreciated but really misses the mark as a continuation of one of Gerald's better stories.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD410 months ago

What justbobkc did in this story was to play out the motivations of a woman who did view her husband as a pet.

Of course, there are countless other rationales to answer the question "What are you thinking, Gloria?"

I agree that the dinner scene does not play well because I cannot believe that Kyle would ever want his time with her. What is the point of having this conversation where he reveal what he figured out about her? Her contempt and loathing for him is so transparent in the original story why would he give a shit about her?

That is why the original story was so powerful because the situation was so clear the question is what will Kyle do in response to this base betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good premise for a follow-up, but writing was quite clumsy.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Even tho at time the writing needed some tightening up, this was, overall, a very good addition to the original story, maybe even better. In the words of my late wife, Gloria's "book smart but common sense stupid." I'd have thought that there'd be more confrontation at the dinner than there was; that he'd become incensed with her & what she put him through.

4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good point that Gabe had fucked her long before the invite to the cabin, and would continue after. The only point to having him there was to humiliate him. She must be a really poor psychologist not to have gauged her husband better. To get custody of the kids the drug use from the videos should have been presented in court, painting her as an unfit parent. Blood and or hair samples can show some drugs for months. I doubt with Gabes personality he could have kept the affair much longer. The need to humiliate and rub his nose in it would be to strong.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Uninteresting. I couldn't even make it through page one, I found myself skimming, which is always bad. Too many asides and other quote- covered terms. Frankly, a mess. I'm allways ready to give the author the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, the writing was too painful. Two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Anon 20 days ago said the writing was clumsy. For me, that nails it in a nutshell. Still two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It still never answers the "why" question. There will never be a true answer other than she could. Even Lyle knows that. I think the story covered it very well and I enjoyed it for what it is. It wasn't as good as the original, but then copies or reproductions never are. Just like working on your car, you want OEM parts.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR38 months ago

Stinks. Any resemblance to the characters in the original story is purely coincidental.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Mostly I like when the sinner finally understand their sins and give heartfelt apology and surrendering their life to the ones they hurt and betrayed. Atleast that will give some peace to the victims. In this story, it's open ended and seems she will never understands the betrayal and pain she caused.

Alvares1414Alvares14147 months ago

You MADE a great start here

Too bad you hit your head on something before writing that terminal trainwreck of a sequel

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You just might be a therapist

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Nice. I always felt the story needed more. Great story but needed a fuller ending. Great job.thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes, these are different people than the original story. Not a continuation, for sure.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

This sequel is a mess. The original story was great and doesn't deserve a bad sequel. 3 stars from Xluckylee for a bad try

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm not a fan of this sequel AT ALL. The main reason for that is the fact that you fundamentally changed Gloria into a narcissistic, entitled bitch that had nothing but contempt for her husband. That's not what the original Gloria was AT ALL.

If you're going to continue someone else's work, you need to be true to that work. You weren't.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just another stupid cheating bitch..

mariverzmariverz3 months ago

Gracias por escribir

Dicho esto, dedicate al tenis u otra afición, te será más provechoso

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh. Don't bother folks, nothing new to see her. Three stars for an Average tale

JPB

inka2222inka22223 months ago

WOFLMAO. Game, set, match. Checkmate.

/

@anon - nope, she ALWAYS was a narcissistic entitle bitch. She just wasn't yet dumb enough to stop hiding it. The fact that all the man haters in comments hate this story, is just evidence it did what it set out to do, to reflect the truth and deliver karma.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good follow up to the original. The trouble with so many "I'm smarter than you and entitled to all that I want" people is that they forget there is always someone smarter that them and once they are seen for the shallow insecure narcissistic amoral person that they are they can't manipulate those that have seen behind the curtains anymore. Gloria is one of those people and she lies to herself too. Always a bad combination. BardnotBard

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos24 days ago

Sorry mate, but this is shit. You completely rewrote the characters here and by extension the premise, which makes this just another average entitled cheating wife tale, when the original was so much more, it had that air of mystery around Gloria and her reactions and her eventual submission to temptation. Instead we're presented with a serial cheater that just cheated and cheated and cheated until she cheated once too far. Boring. As. Shite.

<>

This would have worked better as an entirely different story where you could have had a different set up and more continuity, because as it stands right now, it's so disconnected from the original it has zero continuity other than character names. Like, I don't recognize any of these characters at all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous