All Comments on 'The Bridge Club Ch. 12'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
bigdnc13bigdnc13over 8 years ago
Love the story

I hope that wasn't the end.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Next...

you have to do another chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More

I also hope this is not the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I assume another chapter

or even two. The betting period isn't over yet. The whole thing with Massimo has to be resolved. Christina still mentions the possible extra $1000 to be earned, etc.

This story got derailed at Ch 8. It has become typical potboiler reading, "complications" for the sake of extra chapters that do not move the plot along. By extending the narrative past Ch 8 with the extra complications little is accomplished plot-wise other than Christina coming across as even more of a vindictive bitch (nothing in the story, including the behavior of all protagonists, justifies her own behavior), makes Norm's infatuation inexplicable, and makes all of them come across as teenagers.

Well, we'll see how this is resolved. Perhaps it will make sense by last chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Quid Pro Quo!

When Christina allows him in her bed, then so be it. BUT thereafter he should leave as with her attitude there is little chance of a lasting relationship.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 8 years ago
Hope he ends up with Beth.

And Beth and the rest kick Christina out of their circle of friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Christina

The girl is a devious, bossy bitch and cruel to boot. Normie should have just apologized for his behavior (the bet was really stupid) and walked out when she announced her "rules" as there are other fish in the sea. Normie is a bit wussy....... Maybe he deserves her..... Beth is in fact a way better choice for longer term happiness. But the story itself is quite interesting, particularly the relationship among the women. I will continue reading it though as their needs to be one more chapter to close off the loose ends. Here is hoping Normie becomes Norm and kicks the bitch to the curb.

asianToyasianToyover 7 years ago
Wonderfully Romantic

Ok - to all the Christina haters out there, you are stupid. Sure this is fantasy, duh, and totally improbable - it's called fiction for a reason. But the character I find most believable is Christina. She is jealous, outraged, humiliated and vindictive - just like any woman would be in a situation like this. The fact that she loves him enough to offer him a second chance shows how she hopes he will learn his lesson. Listen, Norm is half asshole. She sees both halves, the sweet, attentive and loyal guy and the misogynistic dick. That makes Norm the normal male (you did consider that the author named him Norm for a reason, didn't you?)

I haven't read the conclusion yet but I think things are going to be fine for them. Because a relationship is about a joining of two people where the better halves of each are unified and the lesser halves are abandoned (or suppressed).

I thank the author for a very entertaining, insightful and erotic FICTIONAL story.

asianToy

cyberwraithcyberwraithabout 7 years ago
@AsianToy

He never intended to hurt her, though. She deliberately intended to hurt him, and continued it for a while. She deliberately hurt her friends by misleading them. She could have hurt Markus and Darren, and could have easily hurt their friendship with Norm. Her actions definitely show an immature and vindictive streak. You hurt me, so I'm going to hurt you.

Was Norman blameless? Not at all! Would she have a valid reason to never want to be with him again? Definitely. But what she did is not a good prelude to a healthy relationship.

Still, the characters are very well-written. Definitely a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
nope....

This chapter killed the story for me. The reality is that he never intentionally hurt her, and when he made the bet, he didnt even know her. Was the bet stupid and childish, sure, but it was not malicious. What she did was intentionally cruel. Nobody would date someone who did something like this to them and not wonder what else they were capable off.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 5 years ago
Malicious and intentionally cruel

Have to agree with the previous anonymous here...

Her reaction not only was childish as hell, it was cruel and downright evil.

Toni1117Toni1117over 5 years ago
Nope nope nope

After Christina pulled that little stunt she should have been kicked out of the club or norm should have left. How can you ever be together with someone like that. She clearly can't be fully trusted after hurting him intentionally like this.

S_FoxS_Foxabout 4 years ago
Thanks - Well written, good plot twists, sensitive people !

What can I say, this is beautifully crafted & a compulsive, joy to read.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
crap

you dont do that to some one u love. T Kiwi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. The conversations felt real. Good work, and thank you for reminding me of my tagine. I haven’t used it for along time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

never put you in an pedictable, available call-version for any women. You will only lower your self-esteem and worth for her. He should directly look for an new women for an fresh start - even he should have threathend Marina right and don't just play an side-role on her. An game-playing, high-maintain controll-freak who set up rules over him AND put herself up should be served away as soon as possible. When an rope is broken, you can tie it up again - but it will never been the same.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES