All Comments on 'The Brilliance at the End'

by norafares

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Another great story!

5

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

I love your imagination and ability to weave a tale. Short and sweet with hardly a wasted word.

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 1 year ago

An amazing, beautifully told love story. Thank you, Nora!

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33about 1 year ago

What started as another "end of the world" romance took one Hell (pun intended) of a turn, but it was a gentle curve, not a crashing hairpin. Just two beings warily finding love. Five stars.

chastenchastenabout 1 year ago

A great story, Nora!

MaonaighMaonaighabout 1 year ago
Brilliance by name...

...and truly brilliant in the telling. A perfect five-star story, Nora, one of those when I wish it could be more. Initially while reading the story, although enjoying it, I had it pegged as just another dystopian SF tale set in a slightly different parallel world where Covid won. Then came that little twist when Logan was revealed to be one of the Four Horsemen and the story became so much more. As I said at the start of this comment, perfect.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 1 year ago

That was unexpectedly wonderful. Thank you

WTFOWTFOabout 1 year ago

A wonderful and well-crafted story. I truly enjoy reading your work and I thank you for sharing it with us. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneabout 1 year ago

Wow! Right in the feels!

Beautifully written, captivating imagery, and a delightful to read. Thank you!

aldolinoaldolinoabout 1 year ago

I liked this little story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Until the brilliant end." 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 stars is nowhere _near_ enough for this story.

As others have already said - Perfect!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Literature. Brilliant literature.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 1 year ago

Heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 1 year ago

Amazing as always. Definitely brilliant all the way through! ;)

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerabout 1 year ago

You exceed yourself, constantly, and it's a high bar. And then you do it again with the next story.

69gman69gmanabout 1 year ago
Absolutely Brilliant

I was so dreading the final conclusion, but you stayed true to the overall theme. You exceeded my expectations. 5***** wish we could add more. TY

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 1 year ago

Brilliant, as always. A very good and enjoyable read. Thank you!

dmallorddmallordabout 1 year ago

Even amidst the foreshadowing it's so well done; this foreboding tale was excellent. Clearly, 5* diamond-brilliance in content and presentation. Thank you, so very much for this tale.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Thank God I have you favorited or I would have missed this gem. You could have easily placed it in the "Romance" genre as well and it would see a wider audience. I had tears in my eyes at the end - brilliantly told! 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Thank God I have you favorited or I would have missed this gem. You could have easily placed it in the "Romance" genre as well and it would see a wider audience. I had tears in my eyes at the end - brilliantly told! 5*

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Once again, intriguing characters immersed in a bizarre yet seemingly real storyline. So evident that you enjoy sharing your creativity. Thanks.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 1 year ago

I always love the way Nora Fares tells a story. Although this is not what I read Literotica for, I enjoyed this story a lot. Great writing of a story well put together.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 1 year ago

Absolutely soul-stirring and heart-warming although neither should have happened; you managed to combine what seemingly felt like oxymorons embodied and made them resonate--as Pestilence would never desire to stop "decay" nor show mercy. However, you continue finding unique ways to combine shattered beings to piece themselves back together.

By the way, "Sana" also means "she heals" in Spanish.

You enjoined them and all the descriptive elements beautifully. 5

RosenkavalierRosenkavalierabout 1 year ago

Wonderful.

I interpret brilliance in this context as the appearance of light or hope after a period of darkness.

Like in the bible, book Genesis, when the divine principle (sorry, but I can’t imagine god looking like an old man…) decides “let there be light”.

Thank you for this lovely reading experience!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story. I think it would be a great base for a longer series. We'll done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for Brillance. I'm a tired old man, you made me cry.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

This was really good! Thanks!

Ranger001Ranger001about 1 year ago

I enjoy mining this site for stories just like this one! Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simple, yet wonderful. Thank you!

AardieAardieabout 1 year ago

You had us bracing for a tragic ending through the whole story and pulled out a happy ending in the end. Five stars.

There should be other visitors to the cabin in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's cilantro that taste's like soap. Great story.

smc331smc331about 1 year ago

Oh, my. Beautiful and brilliant.

Aqua317Aqua317about 1 year ago

Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well-paced with a great amount of intrigue within its first paragraphs. The story is also very well condensed and told in an earnest manner. While it was a pleasant journey, I'm a little torn by the simplicity. While it did create an objectively stronger narrative, I couldn't help but feel a little more wanting, to explore a deeper nuance in the story. Regardless, I did enjoy the comparatively slow burn of their relationship and development, and clearly your use of language does well to invoke emotions in others.

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 year ago

Beautiful story, thank you for it. I can't help to think the 4 Horsemen have been visiting us since 2020, and they're not done yet.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

A brilliant, moving story. Thank you! 5 stars.

GoneGrayGoneGrayabout 1 year ago

A lovely story set in dark times. The warmth of the heart pushing out the coldness of desperation. And set only 150 miles north of where I was born!

slm59slm59about 1 year ago

It's so good that I wish it were a full-length novel.

CalisailorCalisailorabout 1 year ago

I love a good Nora fares story, and this is definitely a good one.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nora fares never fails to amaze. I have read and reread each of her stories and enjoy them every time. This lovely story makes me wonder how close we came to the apocalypse with Covid.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

love it. follows life in that

...you cant correct errors - but can learn to live with them

...the human conditions knows no boundries

remarkable the street kids i knew, raised under abismal conditions, who such balanced and productive adults

txcrackertxcracker11 months ago
I AGREE WITH Calisailor !

I AGREE WITH Calisailor ! It was great ! 5*'s

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Logan led the Four Horsemen on a white horse he named Nightmre. He fired his arrows tipped with pestilence, but as the lead horseman he saw the life and love before they were destroyed; he could no longer be part of their quest, so he rode Nightmare into the wilderness. Death, bringing up the rear on a pale horse, took those who managed to survive the conflagrations wrought by War on his red horse and the starvation spread by Famine on his black horse. When Fate brought Sana to his sanctuary, he fell in love with her innocence and used his power to cure her cancer and keep her with him. Maybe love conquers, after all.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

I wish I could delete that damn comment! Instead of bragging how well I use Google, let me say what I should have in the first place: Another brilliant tale from Nora, who plays our emotions like a skilled conductor leads an orchestra. The story was brilliant from the get-go, even though the brilliance came at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Damn! Wow! Superb! Ten stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliance--So apropos for a BRIILLIANT story.!

10 Stars! I've said it before, and feel compelled to say it again: you are a most talented writer. Thank you for continuing to share your illustrious works.

G

tomol111tomol1119 months ago

A brilliant story … thank you!

williedavewilliedave3 months ago

I just read this again. I wish the system would allow me to give it another five star rating. Which would be well-deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hope. Even though clock of doom advances to les than two minutes, this story is beautiful in the warm relationship that grows from a certain death. Is it a metaphor for our times? There is certainly meaning.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

The story was not what I thought it would be. Glad I read it but sad at the same time. Happy that Logan was able to cure Sana so she could enjoy life like she had never enjoyed it before.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernorafares@norafares
Hi there, I’m Nora :) I write about flawed characters navigating their way through life, often falling hopelessly in love along the way. I grew up on 90s swoony Bollywood films, endless piles of cheesy romance novels, and obsessively rewinding that part where Matthew Macfayde...

SIMILAR Stories