The Brookhaven Book Club - Pt. 04

Story Info
Lisbet completes her challenge and the ladies compare.
9.4k words
4.81
8.5k
20

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,436 Followers

This is the fourth and final installment of a four-part series revolving around The Brookhaven Book Club, a group of six ladies who meet monthly to discuss books, drink wine, and talk, i.e., gossip. One of the members decides the ladies might enjoy some daring adventures, getting naked or partially so and completing a challenge that could allow them to be seen. They all agree to do this, and each member fills out four cards describing challenges; the cards are put together and shuffled. Each member draws a card and has four weeks to complete the challenge, documenting what they've done along the way. At the next meeting, each will share what they've done.

This installment covers the adventure of Lisbet and the meeting of the club where each of the ladies reveals to the others what they've done and, well, who knows what else?.

I hope you enjoy this final installment. Rating and commenting are appreciated.

+++++

CHALLENGE #6 - Lisbet

Lisbet was excited--a different kind of excitement.

She loved to dream and imagine... and guess.

Today, she was tormenting herself by wondering if she could guess what was written on the card that she had stuffed into the hip pocket of her shorts. Of course, she didn't have to guess since she had the card, but she was teasing herself, allowing the tension to build even though she was anxious to find out what was in store for her. At the meeting, when the others were reading their cards, Lis had simply stuffed hers into her pocket, much like today, letting the anticipation and tension build until she was ready for the grand reveal to take place.

Now was the time... almost.

She thought of the other five women who had filled out the cards, as she had done and tried to guess what kind of challenges each might have imagined. She knew that Poppy, who was the instigator and who had gotten everyone to agree to this thing, would ensure nakedness and being seen in that condition on her cards. Cecily, probably the most timid and shy person she'd ever met, she imagined would create challenges that matched her character unless, of course, anonymity made her brave and daring.

Lis tapped the hip pocket, tempting herself once more. She had four weeks to do whatever was on the card, so there was no hurry. Still, as was typical for her, she was only able to resist not knowing for so long. Her fingers went into the pocket, touching the card. Just the touch made her heart pound a little harder.

She was sure she'd be naked, at least topless. Just topless would be disappointing. On Lis, topless didn't reveal that much. She was an athlete, tall and lithe, her flexibility still there even though her soccer and track careers had ended many years ago. She still worked out regularly--she needed to go to the gym after she read what was on the card, and maybe that was why she was tormenting herself. When she had lamented about her small breasts, several people suggested that she stop working out, put on a little fat, and then she'd have breasts. She might try that one day, but not yet. She was just twenty-nine and not ready to "put on a little fat."

Being naked wouldn't be new, and neither would being seen naked. In younger years, college time, it had happened quite a few times. She knew that, from the rear, she was somewhat spectacular with long and very shapely athletic legs, a tight butt, that flawless olive skin that made her seem to be glowing, topped by the light brown hair that nearly matched her skin color. From the front, much the same with the legs, flat belly, and pretty face. When she was playing soccer and running, not having boobs flopping around was perfect. Now, these years later, it wasn't nearly as perfect. But, it was what it was.

"Shit," she finally said aloud. "Just read the fucking thing."

The card came out of her pocket, and she unfolded it. She wondered which of the other ladies had enough computer knowledge to be able to print the challenge on the card, deciding it didn't really matter. She began to read.

You are to go to the Northridge Mall, the south end where they have the lockers. Pick a locker and unlock it, taking the key and pushing the locker closed so that it doesn't lock. Leave the mall and go about one block past Westland Park to the Bread and Milk, B & M, convenience store. Hide the key in the store where you can retrieve it later.

Return to the mall, strip off your clothes, put them in the locker, and lock it.

Naked, with her clothes locked in the locker and the key at the B & M, she thought she might be able to guess the rest of the challenge.

Not quite.

Obviously, you need to go to the convenience store to retrieve the key. While there, introduce yourself to whoever is working at the checkout counter, and let him/her know you're there to help them for thirty minutes, checking out customers, restocking, whatever they choose.

Once the thirty minutes have expired, you're to make your way back to the mall and retrieve your clothing.

Good luck!

Lis was familiar with the mall and the lockers and knew that, since they were stuck back in a dead-end hallway, there wouldn't be too many people around to watch her undress and stow her clothing. The park was just across the side parking lot and had lots of trees and bushes for hiding, should she choose to hide. She'd been in the convenience store once--it was a block from the park, and she knew there was a strong possibility she wouldn't be seen during that stage of her challenge--except for the thirty minutes at the store.

Nothing said she had to do this at noon, so Lis decided to go at dusk, when there'd be fewer people everywhere, and where she might blend in a little. She chuckled. Being naked and blending in didn't seem to go together. Getting through the park should be easy since running was her strong suit. Navigating the block between the park and the store might require a little stealth, and after that... a male or female clerk? Young or old? She had no desire to be arrested, but if there was a cute, young male clerk, it might not be too bad.

Lis knew there was no sense wasting time planning. She'd go berserk with anticipation. Even what she'd done with the card had her sweating. She'd just do it--tomorrow after work. It would take the place of her workout. But today, she needed that activity. Maybe sweating a little would help her relax and think. More likely, though, thinking about what she was going to do would only, well, get her a little more excited in a way she didn't need right now.

Halfway through her workout, she realized she was sweating heavily, and the guy on the elliptical next to her didn't seem able to take his eyes off her. She tried to ignore him, accepting that she was a very attractive and appealing woman and often drew stares. Still, he was being a little ridiculous. She turned her head and gave him a look she hoped would convey her disgust.

"You're hot," he said, smiling at her and continuing to pump the machine.

She realized what he'd done and returned a small smile.

"In more than one way," he added, answering her smile.

Captain Obvious wasn't nearly as subtle as she had given him credit for.

She shook her head. "Won't work," she said, glancing at her watch. "Besides, I'm tired and out of here." She jumped off her elliptical. "Jerk," she mumbled as she headed to the locker room. She wasn't averse to exploring adventures with men she'd meet in random situations, but this one rubbed her the wrong way. One of the few that did.

Back home, she reverted to her college days when, before she'd run, she'd visualize the race from start to her winning finish. It wasn't a perfect system, but she'd won many more races than she'd lost. Now, with her lounger tipped back, card in hand, she was visualizing.

She decided she was likely to be seen at the lockers. She'd just tell whoever it was a "dare- thing" and move on fast. Parked cars might help her get to the park, which she knew wouldn't be a problem. She decided to scout the city block that lay between the park and the convenience store to see if there was a simple and partially concealed route she could follow. She was following the generally prescribed method here of moving along without being seen when she knew that being seen was the fun part. That's what made it exciting.

The store itself. Too many unknowns to do much visualizing unless she tried to imagine every possibility. Even though it made her uncomfortable, she might just wing it. Thirty minutes was a long time and so much depended on who was working tomorrow night. She nibbled her lower lip. She could go early and check it out. Her sense of daring rejected that possibility. Lis decided to follow what she'd already planned and, should the convenience store seem dangerous in some way or the other; she'd backtrack and contact Poppy about drawing another card. That was an absolute last resort, but she had to retain it just in case.

Work was a fruitless endeavor, with Lis avoiding clients rather than seeking them. She scolded herself for acting like a teen going to her first prom, but that described how she felt. She was nervously excited, anticipating what lay ahead. It had been years since she'd been naked... in public, at least. She could picture it in her mind but pondered how she'd react now, at twenty-nine. It wouldn't be long.

It had been a sunny day, and dusk was approaching. Lis had driven past the store and the mystery block and spotted a route she thought would work, then gone directly to the mall where she parked in the side lot, went inside, and got the locker key. Back at the convenience store, she debated, then decided. She'd go in and hide the key, being careful not to get a look at the clerk. If she saw whoever it was, it might make her abort the challenge before she even started.

As she watched, six or seven people entered the store. She quickly followed, picked a shelf just inside, and hid the key under a box of Captain Crunch at the back of the shelf. Back in the car, she took a deep breath. The much more interesting start was just minutes away.

At the mall, she parked in the side lot, luckily finding a spot just outside the door. She'd decided to strip in her car, just to make it a bit more daring. It was a little awkward, but she quickly shed the T-shirt, workout shorts, and flip-flops she'd worn. The sun had set, and darkness was descending, except for the bright lights of the mall. During the short trip to the door, she'd be brightly lit. It was weird, being naked in the car... without a boy there with her. It was now or never, so she checked, jumped out, clothes in hand, and in seconds was inside the mall. Naked in the air-conditioned mall, she was chilly and anxious to get back outdoors.

Lis peeked around the corner, saw two people with their backs toward her, and dashed across the open space to the lockers. She threw her clothes in the small cubicle and pushed the door until she heard the lock click. The commitment was complete. Now to complete the challenge.

Quickly back to the door and outside, she crouched beside her car, took a selfie, then dashed across the lot to the park, hearing a loud, "Hey," as she darted behind the first bush. Glancing through the greenery, she was relieved that she saw no one. Being seen was acceptable--being chased was a no-no.

The trip through the park was unexciting, with Lis alternately walking and jogging. She was so relaxed she started when she heard the voice.

"Nude jogging. I may have to try that," the voice said, accompanied by a chuckle.

Lis spun around to see a lady about her age in a simple sports bra, running shorts and Nike shoes, dark hair in a ponytail, and a big smile spread across her face.

"Should I give you an explanation?" she questioned.

"Probably a truth or dare thing."

"Sort of."

"Your jogging that I saw wasn't jogging. You're a runner."

"In college, a few years ago."

"I see your phone. Give me your number."

The lady with the ponytail and the big smile was very pretty, the sports bra nicely filled, and the look she was giving Lis seemed unmistakable. Standing in the park naked and reciting her number to this stranger made her tingle. She'd been with a woman a couple of times, kind of experimental but not at all unpleasant.

The lady punched in the number, and Lis's phone buzzed.

"There," the stranger said. "Tie that number to Karla. I'm going to call you one of these days, and maybe you can talk me into running naked with you. I've thought about it, but.... I'm a chicken. Plus, who knows what else might happen, huh?" She chuckled.

That last comment confirmed the look she had gotten earlier and brought Lis's antennae to attention. The stranger was a doll.

"I don't have plans to do this again, but who knows. Call me for sure. I'm Lisbet."

"Will do. Take care, and I hope the dare goes well."

"Thanks."

"Wait," Lis called. "Stand beside me while I take a picture, so the club will know I've done something." The photo was taken.

"Be sure to text me a copy of that," Karla said. "Maybe the next one will have two naked women." Another suggestive smile and Karla jogged off along the path.

Running naked, Lis had found a new friend. And, as the woman had said, who knows?

At last, she was almost to the edge of the park and had one block of homes to navigate before she'd be at the B & M convenience store. Lots of bushes were going to help, and she could see up the street quite a ways to spot any approaching cars. It was dark enough now that headlights were on, which helped too. She could see people in the houses as she darted from bush to bush, but no one seemed to be looking outside.'

As she looked across the small side street at the store, she wondered how many people might be inside. The parking lot was... well, empty but for one older car, probably belonging to whoever was working. With no other cars visible, she ran across the street and through the door of the B & M.

It was a guy who was working, his back to her. As she approached the checkout counter, he turned.

"May I... Whoa, hello there."

Glancing around, Lis saw there were only the two of them.

"Hi," she said, a little taken aback by the young and very good-looking guy facing her.

He chuckled. "Somehow, you don't look like a senile woman who's wandered away from home."

"Pretty weak compliment," she parried, returning his big smile.

"Just making conversation with a gorgeous lady. There's got to be a story here, and I can probably guess part of it.

Once more, she related the tale of the book club and the little cards, the guy nodding as she spoke.

"No idea about the other five," he said when she finished, "but I'm blessed that you are the one that came here." His eyes were obviously swallowing every bit of her.

"There's something else, too."

"Okay."

"I have to stay here thirty minutes and help you with whatever before I can go back to retrieve my clothes."

"No shit?"

Lis shook her head. "You know, checking people out, stocking shelves, whatever."

He thought for a moment, each of them studying the other, then laughed.

"Checking out is no good since it would take more than thirty minutes to teach you how to do it. I think I can find a couple of things for you to do unless you just want to hide in the back room until it's time for you to leave."

"Nope, I have to do what I'm supposed to do. I'm pretty sure the others will be faithful with their's too."

"Okay then. Here's what I'm thinking. If young girls or guys come in, they'll enjoy seeing you, and that's an understatement for the guys. But if some older people come in, particularly a wife with her husband, they might not be happy and could complain to my boss... or worse."

"I don't want that," Lis said.

"So, you can work around back here, behind the counter, refilling the cigarette pack racks and stuff like that... and just talking to me," he added, chuckling. "In fact," he said as he unlatched the gate, "come on back here now, so we're ready."

"Ready?" she questioned as she stepped through the gate.

"In case some of those people show up. See here." He gestured to a niche under the counter. "Used to be a trash can here, but I kept kicking it, so I moved it over to the corner. If I yell 'down,' just jump under there. We'll get your thirty minutes in." He extended his hand. "I'm Mark, by the way."

She shook his hand. "Lis,"

"I'm happy to meet you."

Lis was surprised. There was no doubt that Mark had checked out her very bare body, but mostly he looked her in the eye, which she was enjoying since his pale blue eyes were very entrancing. Plus, he was very well-spoken and clearly kind and considerate. Not that most convenience store clerks weren't that way; he just seemed above and beyond, and she was curious.

"You worked here long?" she asked as she began filling the rack with packages of cigarettes.

"A few months. Just kind of filling in."

"Filling in?"

Yeah. I'll have my masters in a couple of months, and I just needed a few extra bucks, you know, so I wouldn't starve."

They both laughed at that.

She continued with the racks until she heard the signal announcing that someone was coming through the door.

"Down, Lis, quick."

She dropped to the floor, tossed the cigarettes aside, and grabbed her cell phone. As she slithered into the niche, she thought a picture from here might insert a touch of humor when she shared with the club.

Mark had stepped to the counter, his legs now just inches from her. She hadn't noticed his legs before, but in the shorts he was wearing, the part showing looked firm and muscular. She took a photo, trying not to chuckle too loudly.

"Hey, Sarge. How's it going? Arrested anyone today?"

"Naw, it's been a quiet day, Mark. How about you?"

"Couldn't be better, Sarge. Couldn't be better." As Mark said that, his knee came toward her, and she acknowledged it with a gentle fist bump. He was telling her a policeman was there--not the best time to be standing behind the counter... naked. There was a second message as well.

"Here ya go, buddy. I'll get a coffee on that way out. Gotta try to say awake, yanno."

She heard the cash drawer open with a small dinging sound.

"Me too, Sarge. Me too."

Lis heard the door signal again, then again. In a few seconds, two more. People were coming in even though it was getting late. Or maybe that was why they were coming in. Two more of the bell-like signals. Mark would be busy.

"Hey, I'll get out of your way, Mark."

"Take care, Sarge."

Lis was wondering how long she'd be under the counter as she heard the customers calling questions to Mark, one coming to the counter to check out. Mark answered the questions, and she could hear the beep sound as he scanned barcodes.

"Yeah, put the card in the slot. No, no, the little chip goes in first, and you might want to turn it over too. See the amount on the screen. Ten dollars and thirty-seven cents. Touch the 'you agree' button. Good, that's it. Thanks for coming in, and have a good one."

She was beginning to enjoy hearing his voice, very gentle, patient, and understanding. And even more, she was enjoying looking at his legs.

The imp of mischief, which often caused her to get into trouble, was perched on her shoulder, whispering in her ear. Its whispers involved those legs. She took a deep breath, gathered her courage, and decided, wondering what his response would be.

Lis's right hand went to the inside of Mark's leg just above the knee. She waited, but there was no reaction as he talked with one of the customers. She laid her left hand against the outside of the leg, opposite the other. Still no reaction. A few beeps as he scanned.

She slid her right hand up his leg until it was inside the leg of the shorts. She was waiting for his hand to push her away, but he didn't. Lis was beginning to breathe a little harder, and she wondered how Mark was doing up there where she couldn't see his face. She knew what her reaction would be if it were happening to her. She couldn't keep the grin off her face as this was turning out better than she had hoped.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,436 Followers