The Brothers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jake, boy, you snap that girl up before someone else does! She's bound to run off if you don't tie her down!"

"She won't have me, pop's! I asked her just last night!" Jake said with a laugh. "Anyway, she already has a job all lined out in Tennessee!"

"Awwe, fuck Tennessee, Ally! You come back here and give me some great grandbabies before I die!"

I laughed in shock and shook my head. "It would never work, he and I are too much alike. Besides, I don't want kids, not for a long long time!"

"Phaw. Boy, you say what you have to to change her mind. Ain't never seen you smile so much as when you're with her."

Jake just laughed and nodded, like he was agreeing.

"That was super awkward," I teased as we headed back to the pond.

"He's great at that. Eli promised to try and do better next year."

"Thanks. It means a lot."

"I thought I would at least try. Talk to him man to man."

I snorted. "Neither of you are men."

He chuckled. "So this date tonight, you gonna let him kiss you?"

"I have no idea. Been so long since I have been on a date like this, I don't even know how to act. With Chris, we hung out together through mutual friends for months before he asked me out. Even with Dillon in highschool, we'd known each other since kindergarten. I've never really done the date with a stranger thing."

"Want me to show up and sit in the corner, just in case? Keep an eye out?"

"That won't be awkward at all. You'll just sit and make faces and hit on the waitress while he abducts me."

"Jake! Show me now!" Levi yelled.

Jake gave me a grin. "Guess they love me more than you!"

I laughed and found a place in the shade to sit and fish while the boys harassed Jake. He actually looked a little haggard and spooked by the time we were loading up to go home.

"Still want a dozen kids?" I asked teasingly. It had been our joke for years. He had told me when we were ten that he wanted a whole dozen kids. I told him that I wanted none. We argued about it and didn't talk for almost two weeks when I wouldn't compromise at six.

"Shit. I still want kids someday, I'm just thinkin maybe girls now."

"So that you have to fend off guys like you?"

"Shut up you. You aint gonna have much time to get ready for your date."

"What's wrong with how I look?"

"Boys? Tell your sister she smells like fish and worm guts!"

"YOU SMELL LIKE FISH AND WORM GUTS!" they yelled, then they wouldn't stop yelling it the whole way home. Jake was singing it with them.

I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes when we pulled in.

"Bye asshole!" I yelled.

"Hey," he yelled, his voice serious. "Be safe, ok?"

"Yeah, of course. Not like you won't all know where I am and who I am with!"

I went in and dad was listening to the boys tell him about their day. I gave him a smile before I hurried to take another shower and then put on one of my favorite old dresses of moms. It was a light yellow sundress that went down to my ankles that was made of sheer fabric. There was a built in slip that cut off mid thigh. I grabbed a scrunchie for my hair, but I couldn't put it up wet, so I left it down after brushing it out. I slipped on my moms old sandals and went out front.

"You are all dressed up!" Gen said. "Honey, that color does nothing for your complexion! If you really just have to wear that dress, you should let me dye it for you."

"I like it as it is. I don't care how I look in it, I like how I feel in it."

She pursed her lips. "Do you have plans?"

"Yes. I have a date."

"With Jake?" Dad asked hopefully.

Gen scowled at him.

"With Jason. The new lawyer that works with Jenkins?" I said, not wanting to tell them that he was the brother of the asshole who pushed me down.

"Oh!" Gen said delightedly. "Oh, goodness. Well, let me help you with your hair and make-up! And I am sure we can find something decent in your closet to wear!"

"Gen!" Dad said loudly. "Let her be. She looks perfect as she is."

"Allan, I am just trying to help!"

"Gen, he asked out a girl in holey old jeans and a t-shirt with bleach stains that is older than she is, with a ponytail. Pretty sure he is fine with her exactly as she is."

"Well, anyone can see she is adorable, but if she just let me help, she could be so beautiful!"

"She is stunning. Let it go, Gen, I mean it. She looks perfect."

"Thanks Daddy," I said softly, a lump coming to my throat.

"Have fun, Alley Cat," he said as the car pulled up.

"Oh, don't go to the car to meet him, have him come in and get you!" Gen hissed.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door as he was getting out of the car. He moved like he intended to come to the door, but I walked to his car. He hurried around to open my door for me. "You look lovely," he said as I sat down. "I would have come to the door?"

I gave him a wan smile as he closed the door and went around. "Then you would have had to have met my step mother," I said when he got in. "Trust me on this one."

He laughed, a rich laugh that was too much for the small joke. Like he was humoring me for some reason. "I wanted to apologize once again for my brother. I cannot tell you how sorry I am."

"Let's just forget about it," I said softly, looking out the window.

"I have not seen you around. I hope you don't mind, but I asked about you today. You have been away to college? What are you majoring in?"

"Wildlife conservation."

"Oh! Well, that's not something you hear about every day, is it? How much longer do you have?"

"One year, but I look an extra year to study a few things I wanted to know about. I want to be educated in my field."

"That's laudable. So you are home for the summer?"

"Two weeks. I have an internship for most of the summer."

"Here in Missouri?"

"Tennessee."

"Oh, that's quite a commute. Why so far?"

"It's a long story, but I have friends there and a position waiting for me."

"I see. A male friend?"

"No, nothing like that," I answered, blushing.

He smiled, a charming smile. "May I admit something to you, Ally?"

"Depends," I answered warily.

"I didn't ask you out just to apologize for my brother. I find you refreshingly charming and very interesting. And quite beautiful. Lovely even."

"Was it the blood in my hair, or the dirt?" I asked, half smiling. "Or the way I could barely speak?"

He chuckled. "I was close enough that I did hear some of what you said to my brother. You didn't back down from him. And when you were walking yesterday, you blushed so beautifully. So shy and sweet."

I barked another laugh. "I've never been accused of being sweet before."

"You looked sweet, I should amend. I am sure you have it in you to act sweet as well, to the right person. I am afraid there isn't much choice in town. The diner, mexican, barbeque or the other diner."

"You left out Sonic."

"I did. On purpose."

"I am fine with any of those," I shrugged. "Though if I had to choose, it's been a minute since I have had Josanna's frijoles."

"Mexican it is."

He seemed a little wide eyed when the staff hugged me and welcomed me home and Josanna came out of the kitchen and lifted me up in a bear hug as she laughed. "You have been gone so long! How long are you back?"

"Only two weeks, but I will come back in before I leave," I promised. "With my family so we can catch up and talk more."

"Oh, is this a date?" she asked conspiratorially, grinning at both of us.

"Our first," Jason said, smiling his charming smile.

"We will take care of you!" she said happily. "Marcos! Seat them in the good booth!"

We were led back to the furthest corner and Marcos handed Jason a menu.

"She needs one as well, or should we share?"

"She is getting the frijoles," he shrugged with a smile. "She hasn't needed a menu since she was fourteen? Fifteen?"

"We came here on my fourteenth birthday and that was when I tried them the first time. I usually got tacos or something, and Josanna suggested her frijoles. After that, I was sold."

"I was close!" Marcos laughed. "Lemonade?" he asked me. "Or you are old enough now, you want to try a margarita?"

"Lemonade is perfect, thanks."

"I will have iced tea," Jason said, looking over his menu.

When Marcos left to get our drinks, Jason looked up at me, lifting his eyebrows with a grin. ""I didn't know I would be present for a whole reunion and to-do."

"Well, I'm kind of a big deal," I joked, laughing.

"I can see that! Part of me wishes I had grown up in a small town like this. What was it like?"

"Pretty much like what you just saw. We all know each other. We grew up together. Pardon me for saying so, but people like you come and go, but mostly, people live here their whole lives."

"Not you though? You are leaving?"

"Not because I want to get away from here... Not really. It's... hard to explain. I love it here... but..."

"Your stepmom?"

I blushed and looked away. I was still looking away when Marcos brought our drinks.

"Your mom died? Right when you needed a mom most. I'm sorry. Your dad probably thought he was helping?"

"He did. He tried. And she is very... ladylike. But I was never the daughter she wanted. I refused the pageants and the dresses and everything. She tried to force me that first year, telling me it would be fun if I gave it a chance. She stuffed me into a dress and piled my hair on my head, spraying it with so much hairspray that I tasted it for a week. I went up there on that stage and looked right at the judges and told them if they dared write my name down I would personally dump manure on every one of their porches," I remembered with a sad smile. "She was so mad. And then, when they were giving out awards and they announced a new category as a joke, Miss Uncongeniality, she about lost it."

Jason laughed. "She never made you do another though, did she?"

"She tried. She got the point when I would disappear every time she tried to fit me for a dress. I went to my dad and told him if she stuffed me in another dress I would run away. I hid in the attic for three whole days when they argued about that one."

"You sound like you were a wild one."

"I was. I was raised to be that way and I was happy with it. What about you? Where are you from?"

"Oh, everywhere I guess. Military brat. Then once we stayed in one place long enough to call it home, Logan started with his anger issues. We stay in a place until something happens and we have to leave."

"You take care of him?"

"I try."

"You can't... get him help?"

"It is not that easy, not if he doesn't want help. And he is my brother. My responsibility."

"I see. But if he is dangerous...?"

"He isn't, not usually. Only if someone comes to him. He never leaves the property usually."

"Oh..." I said thoughtfully, still a little confused about why he didn't have his brother committed.

The night went well, we talked and he was charming, always smiling and joking. When Johanna brought out a single desert with two spoons and winked at me, he played along. He had me smiling and laughing a lot, feeling light hearted.

When he walked me to his car, he took hold of my hand to help me in. "Can we go for a drive?" he asked as he started the car. "I am not ready for the night to end."

I smiled. "That sounds alright. Not too late, my dad will stay up for me."

"Still?"

"Always," I laughed. "If I am home, he is worried."

"Then I won't keep you late, but can I see you tomorrow? It is Friday and the drive in is open in Harrisburg. We can have a nicer dinner and see a movie."

I thought it over a moment, then nodded slightly. "All right. I would like that I think. What movie though? No chick flicks."

He laughed. "No chick flicks. Got it. We can see what is playing when we get there."

He drove me home, glancing at me as he drove. "May I ask you a question, Ally?"

"Sure."

"How tall are you?"

I laughed. "I wondered when the short jokes would start."

"Not a joke, just curiosity. You are adorable, I will not tease you about it."

"Four ten."

"I thought so, but it is hard to judge. When someone is near your own height or taller, it is easier to tell, but so much shorter, you never really pay attention to height. Can I ask you something else?"

"My weight?"

"Hah, no. I would guess around eighty pounds. No. I was wondering if it would be alright if I were to kiss you goodnight."

I blushed, smiling out the window. "I probably wouldn't slap you if you did," I finally answered.

He laughed again as we pulled in, then walked me to the door. The light was still on inside. "Thank you for the lovely evening, Ally. You look truly breathtaking. I will pick you up at 6 tomorrow as well?"

"Perfect,'' I agreed.

He smiled and started to lean in, then the door opened. Gen was there, smiling at Jason. "Hello! Come in, please!"

"He was just walking me to the door," I said through my teeth.

"Well he can come in and say hello!" she chided, opening the door wider.

Jason lifted an eyebrow at Gen, then took my hand and bent to kiss it. "Until tomorrow, lovely Ally," he said softly. He left without ever acknowledging Gen.

I waved, then stepped into the house, pushing past Gen. My father looked exasperated. "I told her not to," he said.

"It was common courtesy to invite him in!" Gen said defensively.

"Thanks for ruining the date," I said angrily. "Stay out of my business, Gen."

"Allan!"

"No! Leave him out of it! Stop running to him every time you fuck up and I call you on it! Leave me the fuck alone. Leave me alone. Stop messing with my life, stop your condescending comments, stop trying to change who I am! I am not like you and I am thankful for that, you overbearing, fake, plastic old..."

"Ally!" Dad cut in, horrified.

"Daddy I am done! I love you and I love my little brothers, but I can't take her condescending to me every single time she sees me! She makes coming home hell!"

"If that's how you feel, you can just leave!" Gen said shrilly.

"No!" Dad snapped angrily. "No, it is not your place to tell her to leave!"

"This is MY house too and if she can't treat me with respect in my own home, then she doesn't need to be here!"

"Wrong!" I yelled at her, furious. "Daddy, whose house is this?"

"It was Lori's. Lori left it to Allyrra."

Gen shrank back, looking at him like he had just spoken in tongues. "You never told me anything like that!"

"It wasn't your business!" I said, tears streaming down my face. "He never let you sell it because it wasn't his to sell! Because he knew I wanted to stay here where my mom grew up! And why should I respect you when you have NEVER respected me? Not a single choice I have ever made has been right in your mind! Daddy, I love you, but I am not staying here tonight. I am grabbing my bag and going to Jakes."

"Ally Cat," he said pleadingly.

"Let her go!" Gen said angrily. "We'll go see Abel Jenkins in the morning and see about all of this!"

"The hell we will," dad said darkly. "Ally, I understand you are upset just now. I will drive you to Jakes for tonight, but please come back tomorrow so we can talk?"

I jerked my head in a nod, then fled to grab my bag, my heart hurting. Dad was quiet as he drove me down to Jake's place, but turned to me when we got there.

"Ally Cat..."

"Not tonight daddy, please? I can't really deal with this just now. I know, for some unfathomable reason, you care for her, but I don't. And she doesn't like me. She has been trying to change me since before you two were even married. She is why I don't want to come back here, I can't stand to watch her just run over you and you are just so defeated. I am staying the night here, maybe two. I will come back when I am calm enough to talk. I love you daddy, goodnight."

I jumped out of the car and hurried into Jake's, not even knocking. It was dark and he wasn't home, but I knew he wouldn't care. I went into the extra bedroom and threw myself on the bed in the dark room, waiting for him to get home.

I jerked awake when he finally came in the door and I sat up as the living room light flipped on. Jake was kissing a girl, backing her towards the couch as he pulled his shirt off. I didn't recognize her, she must have been a bar hookup. I grabbed a pillow and shoved it under my dress, then waddled out.

"Jake! My water just broke! You need to get me to the hospital now! Who is she? Jake!"

He jumped up and she scrambled up, looking at me in horror as I held my bulging belly. Jake started laughing, throwing himself back on a chair and holding his stomach as the girl scrambled to get her shirt back on. She left at a run.

"You suck!" he said, managing to sit up and wiping his eyes. "That was fucking awesome. You look like shit, what've you been crying about?"

"Same old same old. Mind if I crash?"

"Fuck no. But you owe me a fucking blowjob!"

"Dream on! Do you have any beer?"

"Fridge. Grab me one. Mortal Kombat?"

"I call Kitana."

"Loser," he laughed, setting up the game.

We drank and gamed well into the small hours of the morning until I finally told him what had happened.

"I always said I would never rub it in her face that the house was mine... but I just sort of lost it when she told me it was her house. It was never a big deal to me. I mean, I knew I would move back into it someday, I always thought I would, after they were gone. You know?"

"I get it. Fuck she is such a bitch. So... I may have left one of those fish I caught in her car under the passenger seat. She just looks at me like I am trash and I want to just walk up to her and wipe my boots on her face. Just once. Cold old cunt."

"Wow, tell me how you really feel."

"Seriously, she has been on you for so long, and on me, acting like I wasn't good enough to come around. She was so rude when you weren't home, saying how you were probably avoiding me and that I should probably take a hint. I always knew she was full of shit, but still. God I hate her."

"I guess I do too. I never really thought I did, but it all just boiled up until I blew up. She is the reason I won't come home. I hate her."

"Well at least you are finally admitting it. Grab us another beer."

"You're out."

"Fuck, really? That whole case?"

"Gone."

"Shit, how are you still standing?"

"I'm sitting asshole, are you gonna play or stare at me?"

"You really are cute."

"You really are drunk. You should go to bed."

"We haven't kissed since we were kids. We should try it again, just to see."

"See what? If you still taste like that chick you brought in here earlier? Gross. I just beat you again. If you aren't going to play, I am going to bed."

"Come to bed with me."

"Jake, you are drunk. Look at me. This is me you are talking to. I am not some rando that you are going to hook up with, leave it."

"What if I don't care?"

"You don't care that you are trying to ruin a lifetime friendship for a few minutes of drunken sex that you wont remember?"

"I don't care that you aren't a rando. I mean, that's what I mean. You aren't a rando. I know that and I don't care. I want to anyway. Not just tonight. Not just a hookup."

"Jake! Ugh, go to bed. You suck so fucking bad right now!"

"Don't be mad. Come lay down by me and talk."

"I am going to the other room and locking the door," I said, scooting away from his reaching hands. I stumbled going to the bedroom and bounced off the frame, but I managed to shut the door and lock it before falling into bed.

When I woke up, I felt awful. I rolled away from the window and the bright light, sweating. I managed to get to my feet and open the door and Jake was passed out on the couch where I had left him. I went to the thermostat and cranked up the AC, then went to the bathroom. I glared at the wall and hated the ridiculously bright light. I washed my hands, then opened his medicine cabinet looking for something for my headache. I took the pills, using my hand to drink out of the faucet, then turned. I decided as I looked at it, that I needed a shower. I climbed in and stood under the water, letting it drill into my shoulders and head.