The Bunker Ch. 08.5 - Pete

Story Info
A young man prepares to survive the end of the world.
10.3k words
4.82
4.5k
16

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 04/14/2024
Created 06/26/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I cannot express just how glad I am to see so many folks enjoy my crazy ass end of the world story. Thank you for coming along on this journey. I hope you enjoy this latest offering.

Taking a slight break from our main story to look in on someone else living through impending disaster.

******

Intermission 1: Pete

Pete Norwood was working his usual shift at the hardware store when 170lbs of blonde anger came storming in.

"What's this shit I hear about you fucking Jenny Mitchell?" Shannon Alistair had been Pete's friend since elementary school. She was fit, fun, smart and very hot. And Pete had never seen anything in her behavior that she was interested in him in the slightest. Jenny was a mutual friend who was also smart and hot and fun to hang out with, so Pete had no idea why Shannon would be pissed instead of celebrating two friends getting together.

"In case you completely missed it, the world is fully fucked. My uncle is a prepper, remember? He has a place far enough from here to be safe from whoever decides to take over the town if they act like shits, but near enough to trade. He's already offered me space there. Space for me and someone else. Jenny's always been sweet on me, she's smart, and she's fun to be around. I like her. Besides, the girl I've wanted for years isn't interested."

Shannon slapped him. It stung, but he also knew it wasn't her full force. This wasn't rage, it was something else.

"What the fuck Shannon?"

"Why the hell do you think I keep wearing low cut shirts when we hangout or study?" Shannon had huge tits, like E or F cup, if Pete had to guess. He'd never asked because he didn't want to make her more uncomfortable. She had major cleavage unless she actively tried not to show it. If she wore something low-cut, God it was tough not to stare. Shannon could cause traffic accidents.

Pete looked puzzled. "You've told me plenty of times that that much boob mass generates a lot of heat and you need the exposure to cool off. You've also ranted many times about assholes staring at your tits, so I made myself not. I was giving you space to feel comfortable since you get so much unwanted attention."

Shannon's face shifted. "Made yourself?" Pete swore there was a quaver in her voice.

"I'm not getting into this with you. I'm with Jenny. She chose me and I chose her. I owe her some damn loyalty."

"But you like me?"

"Of course I like you. Hell, we've known each other forever and still like each other. We have enough mutual interests to share and have fun, and a few things different we tease each other about without hurting each other. I thought I was in love with you, but you were never interested. Jenny is , and she's great. I think she's in love with me. I love her. I'm not in love with her yet, but I could be. So there we are."

Shannon's face fell. Then filled with anger. She turned and charged towards the store's exit, only to stop herself, her shoulders heaving as she breathed deeply and rapidly. She turned back to face Pete. Shannon walked right back to him. Pete expected to get slapped again when her hand came up. But instead, she slipped her hand behind his neck, pulled him to her and kissed him hard.

Pete, shocked at first, yielded when Shannon's insistent tongue probed through his lips to entangle his own. For just a moment, he enjoyed what he had longed for these many years. Then he remembered Jenny.

Pete pulled back abruptly. "I can't do this Shannon. I made a promise. I'm not a cheater. I won't do that to Jenny. Hell, she's your friend too. Do you really want to hurt her like that?"

Shannon shifted uncomfortably. "Pete... you know how the guys going into the bunkers are taking more than one woman each?"

"Yeah, so they can repopulate fast. They want to be able to overwhelm any opposition that survives outside."

"Well, what if they aren't the only ones to repopulate fast?"

"Then their advantage is lost. 'Course, they will have other advantages." Shannon stared at him like he was simple. Not the first time, so he recognized the look immediately. "What?"

"Oh God, do I have to spell it out for you?"

Pete just stared. It usually worked. If he wasn't following Shannon's line of reasoning, staying quiet would prompt her to speak. Speaking up, but not on her train of thought, usually incurred verbal chastising. Not one of her endearing qualities, but every diamond has a flaw.

"What if women outside the bunker chose to share a man?" She paused.

"Um okay, well yeah they would build a large population quickly, with a society they wanted to foster."

Shannon's narrowed, like they always did when she thought he was being extra dense. "What if a lovable dolt with phenomenal skill at building and fixing things had a redhead and a blonde as his partners?" Her voice was firm.

"Oddly specifi -- OH SHIT." Shannon's suggestion hit Pete in the head like a freight train. "Um. Um, Shannon, uh...well, uh..."

Shannon rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll talk to Jenny about it. God, it's a good thing you're good with math and building and fun shit to do, 'cuz you're absolutely hopeless with people." This time, she did not arrest her charge out the door.

******

Pete trudged through the door of his house. His body ached from lifting and carrying all of the lumber, paint buckets and everything else some customer couldn't carry on their own. His mind was fuzzy from running the till all day, then counting down the drawers. He also ran a quick inventory looking for items the store was out of before he left so Mr. Watkins could place the order.

Pete smelled steak. He could hear steak sizzling. That wasn't right. His mom didn't make steak often. And she always had her dinner well before he got home on closing nights. She just kept leftovers warm for him. Rounding the corner to the kitchenette, Pete saw the beginnings of an explanation.

"Hi, Pete!" Jenny's sing-song cheeriness blended with Shannon's happy tones in a pleasing harmony.

Wary, Pete took a seat at the table after Jenny and Shannon express in crystal clear terms he is not to aid in dinner prep, not even to set the table. Shannon began to do that, using the opportunity to 'accidentally' brush her breasts against his arm. Repeatedly. After the conversation this afternoon, Pete did not miss her intent. Once the plates and utensils are in place, Shannon brought over the mashed potatoes and corn just as Jenny came over with her hot cast iron skillet carrying the steaks. With the steaks on each plate and everything else on the table, the girls took their seats, Shannon on his left, Jenny on his right. They all bowed their heads silently for a minute. Pete barely remembered to pray, caught up in questions and confusion. There's something to pray for -- God, how about some clarity? And maybe some strength? I have no idea how I got here or what I should do!

The first several minutes pass quietly. "Thank you for making dinner Jenny."

"Shannon did the mashed potatoes. I did the steak and corn."

"Oh, well thank you both then. Every bit of this tastes great." Pete felt a bit nervous. Praising Jenny was fine, they'd been friends for years and recently became lovers, so her making dinner tonight was sort of a fun 'playing house' opportunity that felt really comfortable.

Shannon's presence made this somewhat different, particularly after the words and events of this afternoon. It would have been rude not to thank and commend her as well -- and the mashed potatoes were good, the exact consistency and flavor he liked. Which, of course, Shannon knew, having been his friend for nearly ten years.

So, had the girls already talked and agreed? Or had Shannon come over as a friend and had not yet broached the subject with Jenny? No, that would be deceitful. The only time he'd ever seen her play dirty was in the interest of justice. Shannon can be determined when she wants to, and she can be devious if she feels it necessary, but she would never try something so underhanded with people she cared about. Pete was certain Shannon cared about him and Jenny.

That means Jenny knows what Shannon suggested in the store this afternoon. And she's sitting there smiling, no hint of nervousness, disappointment, sorrow, or anger. Just happy, bubbly, Jenny. Well, he'd seen her run a great cheer routine at a football game after crying in his arms just a few hours earlier. Her waters ran deep. So is she calm because she likes the idea, or resigned to it, or hiding her reluctance/displeasure? He meant what he said before -- Jenny had to come first. He'd already pledged himself to her in the most emphatic manner possible.

"So we've been talking." Jenny temporized for a moment. "Shannon came to me earlier with a suggestion that she and I ... share you. That we both be your girlfriends."

"She made the same suggestion to me this afternoon. After slapping me for sleeping with you." Pete studiously did not look in Shannon's direction. Jenny's feelings and thoughts had to figure in his decision heavily. To have even the barest idea of what she wanted (or be sure she was being fully open) he couldn't take his eyes from her. Ok, Jenny was a great friend, and really hot, and she'd just recently slept with him, so it wasn't all that hard to keep his eyes on her.

"She left out the slap when she mentioned confronting you" Jenny smirked. "Still, I agree with her."

Pete's brain took a few minutes to catch up. He hadn't expected this. Why the hell would Jenny agree to share?! Him?! "Um, what?"

Shannon spoke up. "Jenny and I have agreed we will both be your girlfriends and go with you to your uncle's sanctuary location."

Pete held his head in his hands, elbows on the table. "This is the sort of thing that happens to rich guys and star athletes. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone , just waiting for the fatal twist."

"Well, you are sentenced to life with a crazy redhead and a hot-headed blonde." Jenny's eyes laughed as she spoke. There was a slight something else that had Pete worried, but it might have been his imagination. Or worries. Wouldn't be the first time these two told him he worried too much.

"And no chance of parole." Shannon's addition evoked a laugh from Jenny.

"And a guarantee of an extended sentence for good behavior." Jenny's giggling rejoinder got all three of them chuckling. But that was Jenny. Tackle the difficult or scary with humor.

Pete could see the certainty, even joy in Jenny's face. He took her hand, one last need to make sure of her position. "Jennifer, I made a promise with you. A commitment to you. I won't do anything that hurts you."

Jenny smiled warmly. "I want this, Peter. Who better to share the best guy I know than the best girl I know? But I thank you. That feeling, that certainty, is what won my heart in the first place. It's a major reason why I have a sense of peace about this future we face. Both with the Rock, and as the three of us."

Pete leaned in and gave Jenny a long, soft kiss on the lips. No tongue probing, just a physical seal on their love. They looked each other intently in the eyes for a few minutes once the kiss ended. Her warm smile filled Pete with peace on the decision. They would do this, all three of them, together.

Then he turned to Shannon. "And you're sure you'll be okay with sharing?"

"With anyone else, I could have a problem. But Jenny is one of us. Has been for years." She turned her big smile on Jenny and the girls joined hands. "We'll get along as good as ever."

"Okay blondie, I got him a few days ago. Get upstairs, I'll send our man up in a minute." Shannon smiled gamely, rose, and walked slowly to the staircase. Well, sauntered was more like it. That swinging ass was an invitation.

Pete tore his eyes from the sight by the time she was halfway to the stairs. He turned immediately to Jenny. As he did, she planted a big steamy kiss on him, holding his head in her hands, delving her tongue into his mouth. Then she pulled away, giving each of them time to catch their breath.

"Peter, we are all going to be fine. This is the right path, I know it in my heart and my head. You two have been in love since before I met either of you. Shannon's going to survive this too. She might even pair up with someone else. But, you two will still find each other in all of this. Your hearts are bound together. You will be with each other. That would hurt all three of us. Four if we include whomever Shannon winds up with if we don't bring her into our relationship."

Pete started to object, but Jenny softly placed a finger on his lips.

"Peter, I know you love me. I do not doubt that for one minute. I also know you love Shannon. I love you , and so does Shannon. I love Shannon. I am not setting the two of you up to hurt yourselves as well as me."

Then Jenny eyes gleamed mischievously through the tears watering their bottom border. "Besides, what guy could turn down the chance to have a hot redhead and a hot blonde in his bed every night?" She gave him one more peck on the lips. "Now go screw your big-titted blonde girlfriend and make her sing the same aria you taught me the other night."

Pete's side-eyed look as he rose gave Jenny the giggles. "Go!" she said shooing him along.

Pete marched up the stairs. How the hell did he get here? He wanted to question an entire string of decisions, but, ... Why? Is there anything inherently bad or wrong with the situation? This wasn't two generic women. One is a lovely, warm redhead he's come to adore over the past four years. The woman that made love with him this past weekend. The lovely look on her face when he managed to get her there . God, that made him feel like a man. Not getting her into bed, helping her to enjoy it.

And the other has been his best friend since what, third grade? And the girls have both been friends for as long as Jenny and Pete have. If any -- what's that word he'd heard before? Throuple? Like couple with three people? Yeah, that's it. If any throuple had a decent shot at working, he, Jenny, and Shannon were it.

Shannon lay on her side on Pete's bed. On opening the door, the first thing Pete noticed was her nervous smile as she bit her lower lip. Then he noticed she'd already unbuttoned her shirt. Shannon ran one hand along her neck, and then parted her shirt, lifting the upper half to reveal her substantial breasts. Lying on her side, her bra just wasn't up to containing them. They looked ready to fall out of the cups any moment. Pete blinked and took a breath to shake off the mesmerizing effect.

"Peter, come here lover." He'd never heard Shannon speak in such soft, alluring tones. Boy did his dick like the twin effects of her body and her voice. And her twins. Pete walked slowly to her.

Pete leaned over her, bending his face to meet hers. They kissed. Pete finally got to kiss Shannon. He melted into her and she melted into him. She pulled him down on to her. They lay in the bed, Shannon mostly topless, kissing. Their hands were free to roam, but seemed preoccupied with each other's arms and faces -- until Shannon grasped Pete's hand and moved it to her exposed breast. Pete lost the ability to breath. His hand was on Shannon's boob!! Holy Shit!

Slowly, he moved his hand, dragging his fingers along the underside of her breast, then trailing upwards, cupping the front of her breast, her nipple centered on his palm. He squeezed gently. Shannon groaned. He fondled her breast, noting the increased responsiveness that came when he gave his attention to the underside of her breast. Just like with Jenny. One thing's for sure, with two women to please, he was going to learn fast.

Pete drew his hand back, the fingertips staying in contact with Shannon's boob even as his palm separated. When they encircled her nipple, he pinched lightly, causing her to gasp. He rolled the distended protuberance between his forefinger and thumb and Shannon's hips rocked as she sucked in a breath. Pete brought his mouth to her other nipple and began suckling on it as his hand caressed that wonderfully soft flesh.

Shannon's breathing was deep and rhythmic under Pete's attentions. She quickly shed her bra and shirt, and began working on her slacks. Her efforts kept getting interrupted by the effects of Pete's touches.

Pete pulled back, to remove his own shirt and jeans. Shannon leaned in to kiss him hungrily as he did so. Still kissing, they each pulled their underwear off at the same time. They stared at each other for a moment, as if both had trouble believing they were actually doing this, after all the years they'd known each other.

Shannon grabbed Pete and rolled onto her back, pulling him atop her. Her legs wide, she began rubbing her pelvis against Pete. Pete kissed her once on the lips, then her chin, and began sliding himself down her body. She clutched him tightly, then shook her head 'no' when he looked at her face.

"I was going to, you know, help you get ready."

"Six years of waiting has me ready. Finally laying in your bed has me ready. You can show off later, right now, I just need you inside me."

Pete smiled and nodded. He gave her a soft kiss as he adjusted his weight on his knees and hands. Her hands rubbed gently up and down his sides. Pete maneuvered himself against her opening, which proved to be quite wet. As he made contact, he kept his focus on Shannon. Her eyes softened at that moment. When he paused, she gave a little nod, and bit her lip.

Pete pushed in with building pressure until he surged forward about an inch and a half. She was incredibly tight, but he wasn't surprised, having gone through the same with Jenny just a few days ago. Shannon cried out, clutching him. Her eyes were closed, her face registering the pain of breaching her hymen. Pete held himself still, letting her adjust, letting her decide when to proceed.

Shannon's face relaxed and she opened her eyes. The hurt was still there, but also joy. "A little more Pete. Just a little at a time okay?" Pete nodded and began to rock himself back and forth, gently, slowly, barely moving his cock within her, gradually working his way deeper. Always with his eyes locked on Shannon. His Shannon. The girl he'd hung out with, occasionally fought with, and always made peace with for nearly a decade. The woman beneath him, her legs apart, coaxing him to bind the two of them together in the most primal way.

A soft shudder ran through Shannon as he reached the point of full length thrusts. Pete alternated deep and shallow motions, maintaining a slow, steady pace to help Shannon's body accommodate his intrusion. Her breathing became deeper, her face broke into a grin.

"Oh Peter, I 've wanted this. Oh god, finally." Her voice shook with emotional fulfillment. Pete kissed her lips, slowly, languorously. He matched the pace of his hips with the pace of his kisses. Shannon moaned in approval. Another soft shudder ran through Shannon and the clamping of her passage set Pete off. Shannon's grin nearly met around the back side of her head as she felt his eruption inside her.

"Oh, Pete. Mmmmm. That's weird and new, and wonderful." The finality of the moment brought happy tears to her eyes. She kissed him fiercely and held him close. They lay like that for a time, awash in the glow of intimacy.

"Shower together?" Shannon asked. Pete nodded and got up as she released him. He pulled on his boxers and tossed Shannon his bathrobe.

They hopped in the shower, fortunately finding easy agreement on the 'proper' water temperature. They soaped each other up, only sometimes lingering their hands in interesting places. They exchanged a lot of loaded glances, several kisses, and big smiles, but no words once they got started. Pete finally killed the water and they stood there, holding each other, feeling their wet bodies against each other. Finally stepping out, they toweled each other off as much as possible in the steamy warmth of the bathroom. They covered themselves and went back to the bedroom.