All Comments on 'The Bunker Ch. 08.5 - Pete'

by RonanJWilkerson

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
chipmonk9chipmonk93 months ago

It’s great your expanding outside the confines of the bunker hope for more Peter adventures soon

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love this new storyline! But don't preppers ha6ve secret underground bunkers? Should his uncle not have had a secret underground bunker under or in the basement that could be reach from one of their houses? Don't preppers have underground bunkers in case they are attacked and need a safe place to stay? Surely a rustic cabin in open wilderness is no more secure than a home in a town just with better armed neighbors. Show me Petey's uncle underground bunker. I bet access can be gain from Pete's cabin as well as his uncle's house.

Dom_WayneDom_Wayne3 months ago

I like the lighter tone of the intermission over the main series. 5 stars

The2thdocThe2thdoc3 months ago

Nice tangent! Hope to see more installments.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A nice intermission! Would be perfect to split off into a second "bunker" series. Any thoughts at you do it, I would definitely like to hear more!

Thanks

CinnaminDraconnaCinnaminDraconna3 months ago

Excellent 'Intermission'. I hope it becomes Bunker part 2, and both keep expanding. You even have a readymade part 3 with the folk taking over the main house after the first group goes to the Bunker.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like that you are going into how people would and could survive outside the bunkers. How preppers or regular people could use different ways to keep the power on like with solar generators. How it is possible to get kits to test and clean water. How foods can be vacuum sealed for up to 25 years and still be / taste gold. The biggest problem for the survivors of the rock will not be food, water, or power. But people that did not know how to prep for survival. People, outside of the bunkers, can and will survive easily if they prepare for the aftermath of the rock before the rock arrives. I really like that you are showing how people are and can survive outside the bunkers.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a wonderful story. It begs lots of attention. Would really like to see more of it

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot3 months ago

This is the start of Bunker 2 (or 3, if you count the compound being built in Bunker 1). Three different takes on a very realistic doomsday scenario. I love it!

AZTT2AZTT23 months ago

A really clever branch off the main story. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The Old Testament explicitly commands a man to take multiple wives in certain circumstances. The New Testament does NOT override that. Polygamy was before the Law of Moses, and was not one of the practices done away with by Jesus. Based on how the Gospels refer to the Wedding at Cana, and what is known about Jewish culture at the time of Jesus, that was almost certainly His wedding. The behavior of Mary and Martha, Lazarus’ sisters, towards Jesus, is the behavior of wives. The Mary who came to His tomb, and found it empty, was fulfilling the responsibility of the Senior Wife. The first mortal Jesus appeared to after His Resurrection was that same Mary. If not His wife, who was she to come ahead of the Apostles?

ZK

bear1999bear19993 months ago

just bloody grand...either a intermission or spinoff it works. hopefully you'll continue it..thanks

ThePantsmanThePantsman3 months ago

ummm... they got dressed and got in the shower?

ChuysaurusChuysaurus3 months ago

Echoing votes for this to be split off into its own side series, very interesting and a fun insight into all those who aren't part of the bunker program

robbygelwoodv10robbygelwoodv103 months ago

More about Pete please

FseriesFseries3 months ago

Totally skipped this submission. It’s offset from the original story line. Already trying to remember all the names and stats. Don’t need another set. :)

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Please don't get scattered!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

really like the story ,please continue with it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Keep this one going along side the other bunker series. Thought possible give it a separate title.

cindyp1976cindyp19763 months ago

I'm kinda loving this intermission story I hope to read more about them in the future, Pete is just too funny when he said "aw crap" at the end I laughed out loud.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fabulous stories. The lighthearted break was nice considering all Kevin's family has been facing. While I disagree with some of the characters beliefs, the main characters are doing their best to be good people in a bad situation. It's lovely. Thank you. I wait with bated breath.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I like this storyline very much. There are so many inventions today that can help people survived many disasters now.

RickJavicRickJavic2 months ago

Great spinoff! Keep it going please!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I came to your stories first for QT, I stayed for Bunker. Looking forward to what's next!

Chriseagles11Chriseagles11about 1 month ago

Your stories are good. Are you going to continue with Pete in the bunker series

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkersonabout 1 month agoAuthor

There will be a re-Pete ;-D

JimDiamondJimDiamond21 days ago

Since this is a new story line I have a bit of advice that most "preppers" are foolish enough to not consider. A few people or families are just not enough. For actual survival for any length of time you do have to look at the "Boone Model". It takes at least 21 "families" with "Fighting Men" to survive log term in . People have to hunt and farm, while other people guard. People get sick and have accidents, then need time to recover. Daniel Boone made seeral attempts with smaller groups and failed miserably until he came "over the hill" with at least that number to found Boonesboro in "Indian Country". People still were killed or got sick and died but wit their fort and weapons they survivied. Much like what would be necessary for "Preppers" to actually make it. So make sure Pete's family has enough to be realistic. I look forward to that story from what I consider to be a "Good Story Teller."

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson20 days agoAuthor

Good point, already incorporated. We just hadn't seen enough of what's building for that to be clear. But the opening of Pete part 2 should correct that.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

I enjoyed this interlude and look forward to reading more about Pete and life “outside”

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Excellent! I hope the Pete stories continue, especially as he and his family are outside the bunkers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRonanJWilkerson@RonanJWilkerson
An interested reader still trying to wrap his head around the idea people are loving his work. If you are interested in earlier access, or the Character Sketches with images for the characters in Bunker and DiD, check out my Patreon page. https://patreon.com/Ronan332 Releas...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES