The Bunker Project Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On his way home for the night, a barrage of messages came to his phone all at once. It seemed Sarah had appreciated what he had sent and she was eager for him to send more. He was tempted to oblige but instead wanted her to stew on the ones he had already sent. More messages came through the night depicting what all Sarah was hoping to do with him next. It seemed she was just as horny as she had made him.

It was finally time for the meeting and he found himself grossly unprepared. Mainly because he had no idea what this was about. After a quick snack he headed up to the offices and followed the groups down the hall into the larger conference room. He had completely forgotten this room even existed to be honest. This was the first time he had stepped foot in it since moving into the bunker. He saw Erica sitting up at the head of the table and made his way next to her.

"Okay looks like everyone is here. The reason for this meeting is that next week we have our first progress report that we have to make to the corporate board. As each of you know this place is constantly a work in progress. Even with that in mind we still have to meet certain criteria or it's possible that we may be shut down. Why each of you are here, is that we need you to make sure that all reports have been filed and all protocols have been followed. That information needs to be compiled into something comprehendible by someone with very little knowledge of how this place works. In other words we need to prove to them that this whole place isn't just some giant waste of money." Erica says before taking a drink of water.

"Mr. Williams and I will be the ones who have to give this report in a video conference so I hope that you will be on the top of your game and not make us look stupid. What that also means is that next week when the next batch of arrivals come, we will both be unavailable to do the interviews. We have plans for that though. We have already selected two residents from the Human Resources department who will work in our stead during the monthly meetings. Yes you heard me right. This will be a monthly thing. Until we accept in all of our inhabitants and get things running self-sufficiently these meetings will continue or we risk being shut down." Erica continues.

A few of the department heads start to talk amongst themselves. No one thought it would be a possibility that they might be sent back to where they came from once they were living in the bunker. Some of the departments haven't even been filled yet and some were missing leads. The whole thing looked like one giant nightmare. The grumbling seemed to get louder the more everyone mulled over what was being suggested.

"I know that is a lot to take in. I'm also aware that some of the departments haven't been staffed and some have no one running them officially. That will be taken care of though. None of you need to worry about that. Does anyone have any questions before I turn things over to Mr. Williams?" Erica finishes.

Paul didn't know what to make of it. He had been so wrapped up in his own world, that he had no idea this was coming. He knew he should have seen it coming though. The board had said something similar when they had the last in-person meeting right before the construction completed. Paul listened as some asked questions and Erica answered in turn. With no more questions, her gaze turned to him and it was his turn to speak.

"I think Ms. Dumont covered pretty much everything that needed covered. I would just like to remind you that you were all brought here for a reason. Most of you are or were the top people in your respective fields. I have the utmost faith in each and every one of you. What we are all doing here is paramount to the survival of our species. War could break out at any moment and end everything. We don't want to be forced back out there just because we made some careless mistake on some form that we blew off. I know you will all do your best and I will do everything I can to back each and every one of you up. If you feel like you are not up to this task do not hesitate to come tell us because all of our lives depend on getting things right. Does anyone have any other questions?" Paul asks.

John White, who had been there as one of the heads of the Agricultural Department, raised his hand. "Yes, Mr. White what is it?" Paul asks.

"I was just wondering if we could speak in private once this is over." John asks.

"Yes, when this meeting is over we can go back to my office and speak. Does anyone have anything else?" Paul responds.

No one raises their hand and Erica thanks them for coming. She hands each of them a folder containing the necessary things to be done by them and their respective departments before the week was through. Each took the folder and walked out of the room. Paul watched as John took his folder and he signaled for the man to follow him.

He ushered John into his office and shut the door behind them. "Please have a seat." Paul tells him. They both sit down getting comfortable in their chairs. "So what's on your mind Mr. White, what can I help you with?" Paul asks him. The older man seemed to be thinking about what he was about to say.

"Please don't take this the wrong way but what is going on between you and my daughter?" John asks him.

Paul is blown away but what he asks. He feels like he set himself up for something like this, which was why they had rules against it. After all he had sex with both of the man's daughters and Sarah a second time after that. Of course he was also sexting back and forth with her too. Trying to put on his best poker face, he calmed himself enough that he could reply.

"What do you mean?" Paul answers back.

John seems to eye him more closely now, even moving forward in the chair. It was like he was trying to study even the smallest reaction that Paul was having to his inquisition.

"My daughter Melisa, ever since we first got here all she has been able to talk about is you. Normally she and her sister are constantly fighting or that useless POS and her are fighting. But since we've been here the fighting with both girls has stopped and she is constantly talking about you. Now i'm not a stupid man, I can see why my daughter would be attracted to you and god knows I hate the bum she actually married but I still respect marriage and even if I don't agree with it she is still married to that lazy turd. So I want to know if you and my daughter are having relations." John says to the shocked Paul.

Paul had thought he was talking about Sarah when he had accused him. He knew now that if he did move forward with Sarah that they would need to be careful or talk about what to do if her father found out. He also wondered if Melisa had been up to something. She did know that he had been with Sarah and given their previous feud over a guy or technically two men, that it was possible she was trying to do something to harm Sarah. Still Paul had to play his cards close to the chest on this one.

"Mr. White I can assure you that nothing is going on between your daughter Melisa and I. I'm not entirely sure why she would be talking about me so much unless it's like you said her husband is less than satisfactory and she is interested in me as a replacement. The only time that I have talked to Melisa was during her interview and then again when I was collecting her blood samples right after that. The last time I seen her was when you were all being released fully into the bunker and as I recall she was holding hands with her husband at that point." Paul says feeling bad for lying to him. The last thing he wants is to get Sarah in trouble though.

"Maybe you are right. You seem like an honorable man and I don't see any reason to not believe you. I also can see why my daughter would be interested as you said. Don't ever tell anyone I said this but frankly you are way out of her league. I love my daughters but they both can be such pain in the asses. I never used to have to deal with them, that was always my wife's job. I guess I should be grateful Melisa is with that lazy POS given what happened last year. Let's just say Melisa is no angel and thankfully that situation was removed." John explains.

"I don't want to pry but do you mind if I ask what that is about? I only ask because I like to get to know more about the residents here since it helps prevent any possible issues down the road." Paul asks hoping to hear the full story that Melisa had given him only partial bits about.

"Frankly I do mind. It's nothing personal but it was a family matter that has been resolved and I see no point in bringing it back to light." John answers forcefully.

"I understand. Like I said I just want to get to know my residents more. I won't ask you any further about it since it's clear that it's not something you would rather talk about." Paul replies trying to calm the man.

"Well I don't want to take up any more of your time and I really should get started on this folder. Thank you for hearing me out and thank you for clearing things up." John finishes before standing up reaching his hand out to Paul. Standing up himself, Paul reaches forward and shakes John's hand.

With that John White walks to the door and opens it up leaving it open after he walks through. Paul lets out a giant sigh of relief, thinking that was way too close. He doesn't get a chance to breathe though because Erica swoops into the room.

"So where were you a few days ago? I wanted to touch base with you about that email that corporate sent out and when I tried to get ahold of you I never got anything back." She asks him. He couldn't tell her the truth, which was he had been too busy visiting one of the residents in quarantine. He really did need to get his head back in the game; this was his little project in the first place.

"Sorry i've been having issues with my phone. I guess I should start paying closer attention to my emails too. I didn't think corporate was serious when they were talking about oversight of that level." Paul says back to her.

"I kind of figured you didn't read the email. I could tell by the look on your face that you were just as surprised as everyone else was. Why is it you think the board chose me for second in command here? They knew you wouldn't pay much mind to what they wanted. You apparently made it clear to them during that whole process that you wanted them to have as little power as possible but obviously that isn't the case." She says back in a matter of fact way.

"Also you need to be more focused and fix whatever it is that's distracting you. From the things I heard about you before I agreed to come here, you always struck me as someone who had a vision. And right now something is blocking that vision so fix it because all our lives depend on it." She warns him.

"Oh before I forget your trainee will be here any minute. I'll have Mrs. White training with me and I picked Mr. Zander Grey to be partnered with you. You haven't met him he was part of my first group. He's a bright young guy and he listens well so teach him right." She explains before standing up and walking out the room.

Paul felt like he just got scolded by one of his parents. She was right though. He had been so distracted by his feelings towards these women that he had lost sight of the bigger picture. Also the way she said it had seemed odd, almost as if she knew what he had been up to.

That couldn't be the case though because she would have surely said something to him if she did. It did make him a little uncomfortable to have Melisa be the one training with Erica but he certainly couldn't tell her that without also telling her about the rest that had gone on with the girl.

Erica had been right as was proving to always be the case. Zander was a great pick. Not only was he incredibly bright but he was always a very fast learner. He had picked up on the whole process necessary to interview the new residents right away.

He had apparently been studying to be a lawyer before shipping off to the bunker but hadn't gotten to the point of taking his BAR exam yet. He came from a somewhat wealthy family in the same fashion that Erica had. Due to the fact that he had been so focused on his studies he hadn't made time to get in a relationship which meant he was in the bunker living by himself.

He and Paul had a few things in common but with the ten year age difference there was a lot that they differed on. The most obvious of which was where they stood politically. Paul had become a hardcore centrist as time had gone but Zander was clearly still in his Liberal phase. It wasn't that big of an issue though as they both just avoided talking about anything when it came to politics or anything related.

It turns out that Zander had just gotten into hockey before coming there and Paul was happy to fill in the blanks when it came to him learning more about the sport. Growing up he and his brother had been actively involved in hockey and his brother had even gone semi-pro. He didn't stay in that league long though because there simply wasn't enough money in it to justify the damage his body was taking.

As the days had gone on, he seemed to naturally pick everything up with ease. He almost proved to be a shadow that Paul couldn't shake. That alone made it pretty much an impossibility to go talk with the women like he had planned. If he had Zander would have been right there and he was smart enough to figure out something was going on with each of them.

They had been training for nearly a week and Zander was off working with the staff that would oversee the quarantine process. Paul sat in his office going over the compiled paperwork the staff had finished when his door opened and Melisa White practically pranced in. Paul's focus had been on the paper in front of him and hadn't even noticed her come in. He probably wouldn't have had she not plopped down in his lap.

"Hi, miss me?" Melisa asks with a smirk on her face.

"What are you doing in here Melisa?" Paul asks. Melisa starts to grind her tiny little ass in his lap causing his cock to stir.

"Erica sent me in here for these files." She says while grabbing the stack of folders off his desk. Bending her face to his ear she whispers, "Of course you could always fuck me if you wanted, I can feel your dick getting hard and i'm not wearing any panties."

When she moved her head back she slid further into his lap and bent her chest enough that the material pulled away from her body and gave him an easy look down at her bra covered breasts. Reaching down with her hand she traced the length of his hardening cock.

"You should bend me over this desk and punish me. I've been a bad girl." Melisa says doing her best schoolgirl impression.

The conversation with John popped back in Paul's head and he pushed the girl off his lap. "You should get those back to Erica if she is expecting them." He tells her sternly.

"Alright, maybe later then. So did you watch that drive yet?" Melisa asks as she struts towards the door. He just gives her a look. Melisa laughs saying, "Told you she was a slut." With that she was gone from the office.

The crew of the bunker did an amazing job especially covering for the areas no one had been in yet. The day had come and both Erica and Paul were probably over-prepared for the meeting. Turned out Bunker 1 ended up being the closest to the projections of any of the bunkers, which made corporate happy and would surely keep them off their back for a while.

Bunker 2 seemed to be having difficulties because Cassandra and Jonathan didn't seem to agree on pretty much anything. Bunker 3 had issues with residents, it seemed Bill and Linda couldn't figure a way to get everyone there to get along and stop fighting amongst themselves.

The board seemed happy overall especially with general progress of the whole project. When the board members left the call, each of the bunker heads remained on the line. It seemed like a good idea to be helping each other with the issues that had been brought up during the main meeting. Well, all except the power struggle issue in bunker 2. There wasn't much that could change that with words alone, they would just need to work it out on their own.

With the meeting over with, Paul and Erica called it a day. Both were exhausted from putting in so much effort to get the board to be happy that they had run themselves ragged over the previous few days. No issues seemed to come from their replacements taking care of the incoming residents. As Paul was walking back to his suite he noticed a few faces he hadn't seen before. They must have been part of the new group he thought.

The week seems to fly by. Paul is actually looking forward to getting back to the induction process. He feels renewed now that it doesn't feel like the board is breathing down their backs. He even has got to spend more time with Alison. She was the first he sought out. Granted he still hasn't talked to her about how she might feel towards him but he would get to it eventually. For now he is just enjoying her company.

Second Week of April 2024

He still hasn't met any of the new group yet. He knows they have been released out of quarantine but he hadn't spotted any of them walking around yet. Curious where they might have gotten housed, he pulls up the listings and sorts it by when the resident was added. Scanning through the list, he sees most of them ended up housed in the same building as the Whites and where Zander lived. Paul gets the shock of his life when his ex-fiancé's name shows up on the list. He knows it's his Amanda because the people listed as her suitemates happen to be her old dorm roommate from college and her husband, both of whom he had met.

Paul was livid. "How dare she be here!" He yelled out loud. He hadn't forgotten what had happened. In a rage he flew out of his suite and made his way to go confront her. Paul is seething as he walks through the atrium to the opposite end of the bunker where her building was.

Alison happened to be down there getting something to eat when she spotted him. Seeing Paul in distress, Alison cuts him off and tries to calm him down. He doesn't tell her why he is upset but she is able to calm him enough that she takes the opportunity to talk him into dinner back in his suite.

He was distracted for the first 10 or so minutes that they had started prepping food. But Alison was able to get his mind off whatever it was with a little bit of flirting and some playful banter. It was clear to both of them how they each felt about each other the longer they were around each other. They had been busy making homemade pasta from a recipe that Alison's grandmother had taught her.

The food tasted amazing and it was clear that the boxed dry pasta was no match for the cooking skills of Alison. As if the woman couldn't get any more amazing, she would always find new ways to surprise him. They were in the middle of eating when she finally got him to open up and tell her what was bothering him.

"So when I snagged you up down there, you seemed pretty pissed off. Since I still don't know you that well yet, what does it take to get you that mad?" She asked.

"It's complicated," was all that he responded with.

"I see well please enlighten me then." She says back with a welcoming smile.

"Are you sure you really want to know?" He asks her.

"Of course that is why I asked in the first place."

"Well it involves someone that I found out was living here in the bunker now." He explains vaguely.

"Did they do something wrong already or something?" She asks.

"Not yet, at least that I know of. No this is something or should I say someone from before the bunker was even built." He says with a sigh.

"Well aren't you the head guy here? I thought you had control on who all got to come here?" She asks further.