The Case of The Devil's Octopus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And that, my dear Yvonne, should put away those four members of the Justice of the Word for a very long time," said Chasey, who sat at Yvonne's left. Chasey took Yvonne's good hand in hers. "How about that for a good ending for those bad guys?"

"Thank you Chasey," Yvonne replied as she squeezed Chasey's hand. She then addressed everyone else in the van. "And thank you all for letting Lyle and me come along on the mission to rescue my friend Chasey! I have to say that it was quite an experience."

"Yes," interjected Lyle, "definitely not more of the same old uneventful evenings we normally have. While this was exciting, I'm not sure I would like to make a habit of these type excursions. Best left to professionals like yourselves."

"Oh, I don't know darling," Yvonne said, "Costocki seems to think that I have potential." That last statement generated a bout of laughter from everyone in the van.

"Excellent," said Charles as he turned sideways in his seat, "I think this calls for a toast! To Miss Yvonne, Chasey, and Lyle, it is our custom to enjoy a shot of some fine liquor at the conclusion of a mission. And today you are in for a treat as Desmond here has brought along an exquisite bottle of 12 year old, single malt Scotch. Ronaldo, find somewhere to park the van. Lyle, behind the rear bench seat is the same box that contained our supper. The Scotch and shot glasses are also located there, Be a good sport an fetch it for us."

Lyle reached behind the seat and retrieved the box. He passed it forward to Desmond, who broke out the bottle and procured a shot glass for everyone (there were eight glasses in his set). When Ronaldo parked the van, Desmond poured shots for everyone. Since it was his Scotch he offered the first toast.

"To a successful mission, and to'a old friends."

"And to new friends," Yvonne interjected.

"Aye," Desmond replied, "to old an'a new friends. Cheers!"

Everyone downed their shots, after which more laughter and some light conversation ensued. A few moments later Charles spoke up.

"Gentlemen of my team, I think it is time we returned our guests back to Miss Chasey's apartment, and for the rest of us to find our way home too."

*****

Chasey unlocked the front door to her apartment, opened the door, and stepped inside. Yvonne and Lyle followed her in. Lyle closed the door behind him. Yvonne stood next to her friend. She saw that Chasey had a sad, pouty look on her face as she surveyed the bottom floor.

"We're sorry we didn't finish cleaning up Chasey. It's just that Charles showed up sooner than we expected," Yvonne said as she attempted to console her friend.

Chasey sighed. "That's okay. Thank you for getting some of the mess cleaned up and furniture straightened." She turned to face Lyle, "Thank you too sweetie."

"So why did your assailants ransack your apartment Chasey?" inquired Lyle.

"I'll tell you why. Both of you," Chasey said as she looked at Yvonne and Lyle. "But where are my manners? Please come in and have a seat."

Chasey walked into the living room, motioned with her hand for her guests to have a seat, and then made her way over to one of the bookshelves. Yvonne and Lyle went over to the couch and sat down next to each other. Yvonne took Lyle's hand in hers as they sat and watched Chasey. She appeared to be feeling around the back of one of the shelves, like she was looking for something, Yvonne observed.

After a few moments Chasey pressed the back of the shelf she was examining, and a popping sound was heard. From what Yvonne and Lyle could see, Chasey had opened a panel to a secret space behind the bookshelf. Chasey put her hand inside the secret space and produced what appeared to be a couple of rolls of camera film. She turned her attention back to Yvonne and Lyle, and held out the items for them to see.

"Fortunately, the goons who ransacked my place were not bright enough to search for this secret compartment," Chasey said with a smile. "These rolls of film contain pictures that I took while snooping on activities conducted by The Devil's Octopus. These pictures show pretty clearly the link between them and the Justice of the Word. Damning evidence of them in the act of exchanging money for the drugs (the same crates that were at the warehouse compound we just came from) between the gang members. My plan was to get these rolls of film developed and sent to the police."

Yvonne, with a confused look on her pretty face, asked, "How did they, the Justice of the Word, know you had taken these pictures?"

"Remember last night at Miss Tina's party me telling you that I was planning on returning the next morning? That's what I did. I went down there early this morning with my camera to see what else I could discover. Well, lucky for me, as I pulled up in my car across the street from the entrance to the warehouse compound I caught Eustace and Gary talking to a couple of other unsavory types sitting in their car. I attached the telephoto lens to my camera to get a better look. And wouldn't you know that, through the lens, I saw Lewie "The Lefty" Garmontati in the passenger seat. I recognized Lewie from a photograph that Charles shared with me a couple of days ago -- the day after your attack, as a matter of fact. Charles had told me that Lewie is the main boss for the local chapter of The Devil's Octopus.

"I snapped off a couple of rolls of film while they chatted, and during the second roll of film I managed to take a picture of them exchanging a wad of cash. Bingo! Not only did I get the goods on the goons that broke your arm, but tied them into the syndicate gang they are doing business with to boot. Realizing that I needed to leave before they spied me watching them I was removing the telephoto lens when I saw Gary approaching my car. He was about three paces away when I heard him yelling something at me. That scared the beejeebers out of me, let me tell you. I started the car and just before he could lean in through the passenger window. I put the car in drive and sped off. I'm guessing that he got my license plate and traced it back to me and the address where it was registered to.

"When I got home, I hid the two rolls of film in the secret compartment behind the bookshelf. No sooner had I finished doing that and returning the books to their proper location I heard a knock at my door. Thinking it was Charles I opened it. Instead of Charles it was this funny little man wearing rumpled clothes and looking disheveled--"

"That's the same little man that paid me a visit at work today!" exclaimed Yvonne. She first looked at Chasey, then over to her man, "I bet he delivered a copy of the same photograph that he gave me. The one we found in Chasey's bedroom upstairs. Darling, would you mind removing my copy of the photograph from my purse?"

She let go of Lyle's hand so he could open her purse and reach inside. He procured the folded copy of the photograph and extended his hand towards Chasey. She stepped forward and took the photograph, unfolded it, and expressed a knowing look upon examination of the picture.

"An exact copy of the one I received. And I think I know who took that picture of us Yvonne."

"Who?" Yvonne asked.

"The man at the party dressed as a zombie. Remember him? I exchanged a few words with him just as we stepped into the bathroom. I noticed him earlier at the party, before you and Lyle arrived, and caught him sneaking glances at me on several occasions."

"Well honey, you looked positively divine that night. He could have been checking you out" Yvonne replied as she smiled at her friend. She turned her head and looked at Lyle, "Darling, wouldn't you agree?"

Lyle smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

"Oh sweetie, flattery will get you everywhere with me!" Chasey replied enthusiastically. The caused the two girls to have a good laugh.

"But seriously," Chasey continued, "I'm pretty sure it was him for a couple of reasons. First, I did notice him out of the corner of my eye as we approached the bathroom. And, looking at the picture of us, he would have been in the right place to frame that shot. I suspect he must have had some sort of compact camera -- the kind used for espionage and spying, tricks of the trade -- as I didn't notice him carrying a traditional camera around. Second, when we exited the bathroom I didn't see him again for the rest of the evening. I surmise that once he took a picture of us his purpose there was complete. And I'm sure that once I addressed him directly that must have spooked him. Hence the reason for his departure."

"That's very clever Chasey," Lyle said as he re-positioned himself in his seat, "you are very good at what you do, I must say."

"Thank you Lyle," Chasey replied, "But I'm going to guess that you have another question in mind?"

He chuckled before he replied, "Very good! I do want to know who this zombie fellow was?"

Chasey held out her hands and shrugged her shoulders, "Honestly Lyle, I have no idea. Could he be affiliated with the Justice of the Word gang? Maybe. Or maybe he was hired by them for the sole purpose of photographing Yvonne and me. After Yvonne's accident, they must have figured out that I would get involved with investigating their little gang so that I could get some good dirt on them. Get them locked up and off the streets. Not sure how they knew I would be at Miss Tina's party. That is a mystery to me."

"I think I may know the answer to that Chasey," Yvonne said. She had a curious look on her face as she continued, "Prior to meeting Dana and Donna that night, I stopped by the apartment mailbox to see if I had any mail. The only mail I had that day was the postcard invitation for Miss Tina's party. Since they were on their way over to pick me up, rather than go back up to my flat I put the postcard in my coat pocket. Later that evening, when I was attacked, I'm guessing that the postcard fell out of my coat pocket during the struggle. The next morning, back at my apartment, I remembered the invitation and went to retrieve it from my coat. I searched through all the pockets and could not find it. I shrugged it off thinking that the invitation must have come out when I was either in their car or at the hospital. I never thought about the possibility of it coming out in the alley. That is until just now."

"That would explain it then," Lyle chimed in, "someone from the Justice of the Word must have seen it on the pavement and picked it up. And the invitation probably had Miss Tina's address printed on it."

"So they probably sent someone over to the party to take photographs of you Yvonne," Chasey said. "Probably to use as leverage to intimidate you in case you were going to hire an investigator to look them up. Little did they know I would be on the case. So it must have been a bonus for them to take a photograph of the two of us together."

Lyle spoke up next, "Well, if Charles' plan went off as he anticipated, then those hooligans will be going to federal prison for a very long time."

Yvonne and Chasey both agreed with Lyle's statement. Yvonne said that she had had enough investigating for one day, and that she needed Lyle to get her home. Lyle got up from his seat on the couch first, and then helped Yvonne to her feet. Chasey gave them each a hug and thanked them again for coming to her rescue.

But before Yvonne and Lyle made their way to the front door, Chasey said to Lyle, "Sweetie, would you mind waiting outside for a few moments? I need to talk to Yvonne. Gurl to gurl."

Lyle, with an amused look on his face, said, "Sure. Take your time. I'll be just outside the door in the breezeway." He opened the front door, stepped out, and closed the door to give Yvonne and Chasey some privacy.

Chasey took Yvonne by her good hand and said to her, "Honey, I want to talk to you about our little encounter earlier this evening. I'm so glad that we were able to express how we feel about each other, and that moment of intimacy we shared was magical for me."

Yvonne cocked her head to the side, squeezed Chasey's hand, and smiled warmly. "It was lovely for me too. I have been attracted to you for so long, but was afraid to tell you. I didn't want to risk our friendship if you did not feel the same as I do."

"I think we have been friends for long enough that we can explore this new level of friendship between us. Would you be okay with that?"

"Of course, love, I would."

Chasey adopted a serious look as she replied, "Now, and I mean this, I don't want to come between you and Lyle. From what I can tell you two have something special between you both. My feelings towards you are genuine, but I don't want to be a home wrecker."

Yvonne kept smiling at her friend, "Chasey, Lyle and I have a very open and honest relationship. From time to time we have discussed the possibility of bringing in another partner for some kinky playtime. Not because we are bored with each other, but because we enjoy sharing our love with others. That is the true bond we have with each other. We know we are soulmates."

"Thank you," Chasey said as she held back tears of happiness.

"Besides," Yvonne said playfully, "I know he has a big crush on you, girlfriend! Remember the other night at Miss Tina's party? We both busted him for checking you out. He has never said anything directly to me, but I can tell by the way he lights up in your presence."

"You really think so?" Chasey asked affectionately as she squeezed Yvonne's hand. "Do you think he would be receptive to the three of us having some kinky time together?"

"I think so," Yvonne beamed back at her friend, "let me work on that. He is the reserved type, and would be too embarrassed to talk about it in your presence. I'll warm him up for you, darling. For us."

Chasey leaned in and gave Yvonne a passionate kiss. Their tongues met and danced around their lips. Yvonne released her good hand from Chasey's and placed it gently on her clitty under her micro miniskirt. Chasey responded in kind. They both kept kissing and caressing each other for a few minutes longer. Yvonne stepped back and looked longingly into her friend's big, brown eyes. Chasey smiled and slid her hand around to Yvonne's bottom.

"That was lovely." Yvonne said.

"Yes it was."

"I need to be going now. Lyle is waiting for me outside your front door."

"I understand. Night darling."

"Good night gorgeous girl."

They shared one more quick kiss. Yvonne opened the front door and stepped out into the breezeway. Chasey, before she closed and locked her front door, bade both Yvonne and Lyle good night. Yvonne turned to face Lyle, who was already facing her. He had a big smile across his handsome face. She smiled lovingly back at him.

Lyle took Yvonne's good hand in his as he continued looking into his lover's blue eyes. "So what was that all about? Or is that confidential information?"

She leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips before she replied, "Oh, it most definitely is confidential!"

He looked at her sideways, a smirk formed in one corner of his mouth. "Darling, are we going to go through that again? Sure you can't divulge just a smidgen of what you two talked about?"

"Mmmmmm, maybe. If you are a good boy and get me home to bed. Now, both my arm and my feet are killing me."

"Okay my sweet, I'll take you home."

Yvonne let go of his hand and put her good arm around his waist. "Thank you, my love. And I promise to tell you everything once we are snuggled under the covers."

*******

THE END