The Casino Ch. 01

Story Info
Where a dealer finds herself taking a chance.
2.1k words
3.76
5k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Eve584
Eve584
2 Followers

As I walk towards the Casino for my night shift I'm considering it. It would be easy. The city traffic is always busy and who would even know it was intentional when accidents happen all the time. Just look the other way and step onto the road. It may hurt but would be better than the dragged out torture that has been going on over the past months. Strapped for cash and behind on payments, my studies that are degrading and a party or two too much are heading me into a downward spiral. I need something to bring me back on track but an easy out also sounds attractive. A girl can dream right?

But before the right opportunity presents itself I have arrived at the employee entrance, stopping my daydreaming. I greet the doorman on my way in and walk through the labyrinth of halls to the dressing room where I check the work schedule for the evening. Tonight I'm in a rotation with a black-jack table and two poker tables, all cash games. Looking at my watch I see I need to hurry up, I'm already late and this place runs like clockwork. The stupid heels and black skirt of the uniform are not helping me arrive to my destination any faster.

When I take a sharp corner at the slot machines I suddenly bump into a wall. I feel a steading arm around me and see it is a man. He has a handsome face to look at, Southern European features with dark eyes and a strong jawline. He is taller than me and kind of intimidating.

"So sorry, didn't see you there!" I blurt out, although he is hard to miss now that I have seen him.

"All good" he mutters as he eyes me up and down piercingly, still holding on to me.

"Anyway, thanks for catching me," I added laughing about my own clumsiness and glancing at my watch. He steps to the side to clear the way for me, looking a bit bewildered and I step past him offering him a smile in return.

--

"All-in!" announces the man resolutely as he pushes his chips forward on the poker table. He tries to keep his face neutral but there is tension visible in his body. He has been losing all night and his good mood has disappeared with it.

I nod and confirm his action, "All in, up to you next sir, would you like to call or fold?" I look his opponent in the eyes and wait with the deck of cards in my hand. It's the man I bumped into earlier that night, somehow he ended up at my table, what are the odds?

He looks at the other man, Jacob, who grows visibly more uncomfortable. Jacob is a regular in the poker room, a sturdy man with a bald head. He wins about as much as he loses, something which still catches him by surprise as he is convinced he is better than everybody else.

"Time!" Jacob calls, and I start the 1 minute timer on my watch. Some would claim that poker is only about statistics but as a psychology student I believe you can improve your odds by reading your opponent. Jacob must be bluffing, he can't stand the wait which is making him more nervous and he wants to push the other player into giving up his hand by adding time pressure.

"You have 1 minute to make your decision sir," I relay. He eyes up Jacob and decides to call the bluff, moving his chips forward on the table. Afterwards he leans back in his chair with a relaxed smile. He is well built and moves in a graceful way, like a predator waiting for the right moment.

"Showdown", I announce, breaking the stare contest apart and both men slowly turn their cards face up on the table.

Jacob swears under his breath and angrily stands up when he realises he has lost the hand. "Fucking dealer, I swear she bring me bad luck, I'm fucking losing all night, again," he rambles to no one in particular. He throws me a frustrated glance and dismissive wave, "I'm out" he grunts as he leaves the room.

A voice in my head tells me to get a different, more relaxed job at times like these, but that would likely also be less interesting. Meanwhile I stack the chips that were in the pot, add a polite smile to my face and place them in front of the winner. He moves forward and briefly our hands touch, causing our eyes to lock. He seems to be looking straight through me and it takes effort to look away and start shuffling the cards for the next hand.

One of the other regulars, a middle aged woman called Lily is eyeing the newcomer up. "We haven't seen you around here before. Who are you, and what brings you here?" She huffs. The guests mostly consist of regulars and they don't like strangers, especially if they're winning.

He slides one of the chips to me as a tip, before he answers, "I'm just passing through on some business... Alcide", he offers his name.

Lily's eyes grow big as she takes him in again, "Oh yes, I heard you were coming, I didn't recognize you," she replies, "Sorry... eh sir."

Now I'm intrigued, Lily is a badass and the rumour under the staff is that she owns some shady businesses and is connected in the criminal circuit.

As the game continues I feel his eyes upon me, measuring me up. I shift in my seat and tighten my ponytail, why is it affecting me? I'm acting like a goddamn schoolgirl. Not far away at the bar I see the two men Alcide arrived with having a drink and talking low key, glancing in our direction from time to time. They give off the impression of hired muscle, their bodies bulky and one with a scar on the left side of his face. Could they be, let's say, business associates of Lily?

Later on, when the last hands are played and the casino is closing, Alcide stands up to gather his things when he turns to me and softly says, "Have a drink with me."

"Thanks for the invitation, but I ..." I hesitantly say before one of the nearby security guards spots the situation and interjects.

"I trust you had a good evening and that we will see you another night, for now we are closing," he says.

The men at the bar become alert and move toward Alcide making the situation suddenly tense. Alcide eyes the guard up but decides not to press the issue. He nods to me and starts to move towards the exit.

Vicky, one of the other dealers and a good friend, grabs her deck of cards and moves to my table where we both start sorting our cards. "So..." she says, "who was that hottie on your table? He was absolutely gorgeous and I saw him looking at you with such an intense gaze. Please tell me he slipped you his phone number or something."

I laugh and roll my eyes, "You know the rules, Vicks, no consorting with the guests," I say in a stern voice but with a twinkle in my eyes. "You are still joining me for a drink right?" I eyed her hopefully, I could really use a drink right now.

-

We walk a few streets through the city centre and when we enter the bar we already see some of our colleagues. It is the go to place for the casino staff after their shift. We decide to grab some drinks before joining the group and when we reach the bar, the bartender, Dennis, lets out a low whistle.

"What are you planning tonight Sophie, looking like that."

"Wouldn't you like to know," I retort in a suggestive voice.

"She is planning nothing, and that is entirely the problem." Vicky intercepts. "That is why she is wearing my dress. Now we just need to wait till somebody takes the bait," she adds conspiratorially.

Dennis grabs my hand and jokes, "Wait? No need to wait, you have me on your hook Sophie" and he winks at me.

We mix with the crowd for some time when I think I spot the man with the scar on his face in the back. Before I can get a good look though he has disappeared, leaving me wondering if he was really there or if I imagined it.

Before I can go check it out Vicky comes to me with two drinks in hand. "Bottoms up Soof, last round." I accept the drink and look around the bar with her.

Teasingly I ask, "So, who are you taking home tonight?" She points to a bit nerdy but charming guy standing not too far away.

"Does he already know that?"

"Not yet," she laughs.

"Well, I'm sure you won't let such a minor detail stop you," pulling her in for a hug, "I'm going too, text me when you get home safely ok?"

My apartment is just outside the city centre and I enjoy walking to it in the fresh night air. The bars are closing up for the night and dumping their drunk customers on the streets, filling it with activity.

Suddenly I spot Jacob standing in the crowd though, fuck. Just my luck. He looks drunk and I'd give about my left arm to avoid him right now. I look around and wave to one of the cabs but it drives straight past me. Uhg. When I glance over my shoulder our eyes connect and I'm sure he has seen me now. Fuck.

"Hi, you! Bad luck dealer, wait up!" He slurs as he starts to come in my direction and is standing next to me before I know it. "What are you doing here by yourself," he asks with a grin and puts one of his large hands on my shoulder, "You cost me a lot of money tonight," he adds darkly and tightens his grip.

I wince in pain and try to twist from under him, my heart is beating loudly in my chest. Frustration makes me lash out at him, "Maybe don't go all in with such a shit hand next time if you don't want to lose your money," I throw at him with venom in my voice.

"Maybe," he tries to imitate my voice, "don't give me such shit hands next time so I don't lose my money!", he spits back. Arguing with him at this point is like playing chess with a pigeon though, it will shit on the board and think it has won anyway.

When another cab does stop beside me, I pull hard from under his hand with the help of the adrenaline that is coursing through me. The dress rips but I manage to get away and quickly open the door to step in. I slam the door closed, lock it from the inside and urge the driver to get going.

"Sorry about that," I mumble when we are a few streets further and I start to relax again, "It's only a short ride, could you put on the meter?" In the meantime I'm pulling together the dress as much as possible.

"No need," It sounds from the front of the car.

We pass a lantern outside and the scar on the driver's face glows in the reflection of the window. The realization sinks in that it's not a cab but some other nondescript black car. A feeble, "owh..." escapes my mouth as my brain shoots into overdrive.

"You should be more careful," he adds, with a twinge of humour in his voice.

No shit Sherlock, I angrily think. Wanting to kick myself for stepping into the wrong car as well as walking home alone. I'm considering whether I should jump out of the car. It seems risky though and he hasn't done anything yet that would call for such a drastic measure. If I'm lucky he just wants to help and offer a ride. Maybe chivalry isn't dead yet in this day and age.

"A word of warning about Alcide, don't talk about any personal stuff or his past. If you keep the conversation on the surface you should be ok," he advises.

"What, how do you mean?" I ask, "you're just giving me a ride home right? Thanks a lot for that by the way," I add hopefully.

"Have a drink with him, I'll give you a ride home afterwards if you want." He looks back via the rear view mirror to gauge my reaction, sensing my apprehension. "Look, I saw you two in the casino and there was something there, take a chance" he smiled.

I know I shouldn't go, I could get fired, he could be dangerous... but I feel intrigued, and maybe I want to flirt with danger tonight, so I slowly nod, "Ok, one drink then."

-

Eve584
Eve584
2 Followers