All Comments on 'The Cat Easton Legend'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
One of the Best

I really enjoyed this story . there are not many stories on Literotica that I like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I was not going to comment but . .

If one takes a one to three paragraph summation one can more than adequately describe this story - by that I mean the entire story can be written in those paragraphs. There is so much padding and repeats of the same thing it's beyond description and no explanation is ever going to explain that away as necessary. I detect several different people's input, mostly fems with no more than one male who's not a man, an entirely completely effeminized male.

If you wish a 'nicer' description of this effort all I can offer is it's much like a daily series of a day time soap opera that's split by required repeats on every Monday to keep viewers up to date.

Scorpio44aScorpio44aalmost 14 years ago
Amazing!

What's not to love about this tale? I loved it all. I so enjoy the way the story is crafted. Thank you.

hodunkhodunkover 13 years ago
OH MAN YOU ARE THE BEST !!!

This story is another one of my favorites. You kept my interest and emotions going with this fantastic story. I am in your debt for all of the fine writing you have posted here. Please just keep writing. Everything you write is terrific, and this is one of your best. THANK YOU !

Fighting41Fighting41about 13 years ago
Words Fail Me

Wow what can I say about such a fantastic piece of writing. It gripped my interest from the first sentence through to the last. A truely masterful story thank you for sharing your talent with all of us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Me too !!

I have no words to express how boring and feebleminded this excreta is. Only reason I did not puke was that I skipped most of this trash.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Resembles first attempt at pedestrian crap from a sexually active teen

Stop writing this kind of crap

sqheadgermansqheadgermanabout 12 years ago
Comment

There are lots of people (?) out there in want to be land. Forget them, they are lost. You please keep going a great job. So people do some don't so what ... sqhead

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not one of your best

As an author myself, I use a simple technique to decide if the pace of the story is adequate - just skip one page of the story and then after reading the next page go back to the skipped page to see if you missed anything.

Unfortunately in this story, I could have skipped 5 pages and not really missed anything. This story did not have a plot. Each page should have/unfold even a small part of a storyline/plot.

Nevertheless, thank you for your efforts - I know that writing takes time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
***

I read it about half-way through, then it got a bit boring for me. Thanks for writing though.

pumpop201pumpop201almost 10 years ago
One of the best......

This is one of the best stories I have read on Literotica. Thanks.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Yes, a 5 *...

I loved it...No more words are needed...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yeah impo read this

all twenty pages, five minutes after commenting on another story. Idiot.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 10 years ago
Should have been chaptered

A wonderful story, a "5", but a 20-page single shot was way overwhelming for an office lunch hour, let alone short lunches or bedtime diversions. Delimiting the story in 2, 3 or 4-page daily installments would have been far more digestible.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It is interesting -

Even purported authors comment like it is an unusual thing that a long story can be simplified down to a few succinct phrases?

If you cannot minimize a story into a few lines no reviewer could report on them.

If you could not simplify a story into a shot outline most writers could never write a cogent story line.

There are other ways to show how foolish arguing about how short a story could or should be - the point? It is the quality of the details and expansion on the theme that make more story stay interesting enough to read - I read every word - Thank you sir!!

calflashcalflashalmost 9 years ago
story

I have read many of your shorter stories and always thought they could be "fleshed out" to make a better read. This one did just that. For those who complained about lack of chapters, I found it just as convenient to bookmark a new page for my next reading session.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Such

A long, useless but well written piece of romantic trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Long

Atutorial on fishing and sugar sweet love affair. Said nothing. Worthless waste of ink.

bcduffybcduffyabout 8 years ago
top story

I have been reading literotica for quite a few years as i am disabled and cant do much else. I have read stories from many themes and i must say this is one of the top stories in "loving wives" catagory that i have read. Keep up the great work

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozabout 8 years ago
All so terribly ...

- terribly nice

- terribly rich

- terribly beautiful

- terribly boring.

Read half and gave up. How did the author stay awake - if he did.

Short crap beats long crap, any day

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What everyone else said

I kept skimming to find the conflict anywhere!!!! Perfect people with lives of uninterrupted perfection.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
surrounded by a sound wave sphere

"Now we will not be disturbed and we can talk freely, we are now surrounded by a sound wave sphere."

Is that like the Cone of Silence from Get Smart ?

kdcee79kdcee79about 8 years ago
Yawn

What a complete waste of time. To be honest some parts were good but unfortunately it was boring & about 16 pages too long. A story about a wimpy rich couple of fishing nuts; she's a gorgeous company owner, he,s a rich navy seal ( of course) & together they fall in love & have fabulous sex over & over & over & over ...... yawn. Get an editor. A very lucky 2 **

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 8 years ago
Wow A Very Long Read !

A beautifully written novel.

The story was rich, colourful, long , too much information, and little bit too much vanilla.

The happy couple were why too much in puppy love and I wonder would Cat really have been head over heels with Scott !.

Her character clearly liked tall, handsome, muscular men with big cocks !

Perhaps done of them had half a brain !

There are men out there that are all of the above and intelligent.

Good story bit flowery, way too long.

Still a very good effort.

john1946john1946almost 8 years ago
Read it before and loved it

And I have read it several times since and still love it. From the day to day of this world, this is a nice respite. Thanks

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 8 years ago
Political Bologna and Self-Congratulatory Egomaniacal Characters

Torture works? Fox News (aka Fox Noise)? Ego-maniacal and self-congratulatory personalities abound. With all of the narcissism reflected in the dialogue, these characters would soon tire of smoking the other's exhaust and would suffocate one another. 'Would love to read the story of their downfall; hubris is a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@Dr. Semblence

Fox News is so fake, that they were actually sued in court for false reporting, and their defense was that even though they're "Fox News", that they're really just entertainment, not news. And they won. So no "news" there, and if you believe it, you're a fool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@Dr semblance

I thought you were dumb before this statement. Now I have confirmation that you are a fucking idiot. Are you sure you aren't Harryinva?

If you believe that Fixed News is unbiased, then I have a bridge to sell you.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 6 years ago
Both great and lacking

I read the entire story and, in general liked it very much.

Yes, it's repetitive, especially in all the protestations of love in very descriptive terms. I do question the mental health of otherwise mature and accomplished adults who can't survive out of each others' sight for more than a few minutes. And, yes, the story needs more dramatic tension or a significant adventure to test the mettle of the main characters who have been built up to almost superhuman stature.

With all that criticism, I still liked it. I would have written it differently, but I didn't write it :) .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Romance

Not a bad story but it would have got a much better score in the romance section.

Only a couple of real criticisms, it didn't need everyone in the story to be beautiful, succesfull, rich, heroic etc. It would have helped if the 2 main characters had an adult relationship not like 12 year old school kids and how many Seals are there as LW is full of them.

FightingTardFightingTardover 5 years ago
Diabetes

So sugary sweet I think I got the diabetes reading it

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years ago
Rich people problems

Or should that be rich people - no problems?

The writer certainly knows his fishing, and has certainly googled the best stuff in the world to own. His characters are all special forces, superstar fishermen or supermodel stars of stage and screen (and fishing), who can shoot, fish, fight, fly, fish more, crush large buildings, fish even more, and who are best friends with the highest echelons of politics, business, fishing and crime, but modestly keep that all a secret. The villains wear black capes, top hats and dastardly moustaches, don't fish righteously, but are easily vanquished with a slap and a stern telling off.

At least they didn't win the lottery, mainly because I think they owned the lottery company and the best fishing boats already.

And having read large portions of this in the hope of finding some tension, any tension greater than a single tear of regret for having teased someone about fishing, I now smell like fish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What the hell am I reading. 4 pages of dialogue and you are the best ever. Jesus Christ. How is this rated so high

bobareenobobareenoabout 3 years ago

She's awesome. He's awesome. She's even awesomer. He's the awesomest. No tension, no development, just bigger and bigger awesomeness. Not so awesome to read, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Navy Ratings

Respectfully, A Machinist's Mate (MM) maintains a ship's steam propulsion sytems. The Engineman rating (EN) is responsible for, among other things, diesel and gasoline powered propulsion systems. It would seem more likely that Mike was an EN rather than a MM. (We former sailors are sticklers for accuracy)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are you planning to write for Harlequin Romance? How did they separate log enough for her to pee on her pregnancy test?

"Sylvie is restricting the press coverage to six reporters for the actual wedding. Two for the news papers, two for radio and two for TV. " Two reporters from radio for a wedding? More likely 2 glossy magazine reporters.

Honestly the author has a book in him, but way too sweet and over detailed for me. Still gave a good score. I think others will love the story more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Irish-American, really proud of his confederacy ancestry, big into torturing suspects.....yeah. Not surprising. Authors need to be aware that especially in long stories, they reveal a bit of their innermost self.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When I read one of these silly wish-fulfilling daydreams, I remind myself that Tom Clancy made a fortune by having his superhero become President of the United States. Grey Eagle 286 missed that plot point.

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller195111 months ago

a lot of words for a very disjointed storyline.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
A fun read!

Thanks for an entertaining story! I really enjoyed it! DerMtMan

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

Belle histoire un peu trop longue. Les soi disant blagues de Cat en l'appelant du prénom de l'un de ses anciens amants sont bien jusqu'à un certain moment, après cela devient lassant. À la place de Murphy quand elle l'a appelé Timmy, je me serai levé et lui aurait dit d'aller le retrouver et serait parti en la laissant pleurer pour ses conneries. Toutes ces soi disant taquineries, ça va un moment mais au bout d'un moment, ce n'est plus supportable et si elle ne comprend pas, elle n'a qu'à se chercher un autre imbécile qui accepterait ça.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too long and quite boring, unfortunately. Move it to romance instead of loving wifes.

Freddog6601Freddog66015 months ago

Not sure what category this should be in but definitely not LW. Is there a syrupy category. This piece is over the top unrealistic and actually for me quite boring.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dreamlike.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Definitely romance and long and saccharine at that...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous