All Comments on 'The Cheating Zone 05: Linda'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
mcnaughton1mcnaughton1almost 5 years ago
This one

I found was actually better than the other Cheating Zone stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

Yes, I know this is fiction, but here I go, any way!

"In fact, it was so good, she practically cut him off completely, only giving him enough to keep him quiet." - Okay, let's accept that sex with Lover Boy is so good as to justify cheating, but why does that have to mean just about cutting hubby off?

"She told herself that while she loved her husband, she deserved the sexual high she got from her lovers." - The same applies to hubby, right?

"Tomorrow, she decided, she would get out of this hellish place and never stray from her husband again." - Yeah, right! She could barely go five minutes before trying to seduce Daniel!

"I'm sorry! I really do love you." - That just makes it worse, that you could do that to someone you loved! God, what would you do if you hated him?

I'm a little puzzled by Julie's reaction. She seemed to know that the news report was about Linda, but seemed shocked when the trooper told them it was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too unbelievable

Yes this is fiction and you could have Yoda come down for a visit. But I found this to be way to improbable and unbelievable. Thanks for the effort but I just didn't like this one.

2 stars

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 5 years ago
Cheating Zone

Really good series. 5 Stars

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

That was great! It really reminded me of the twilight zone.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very clever indeed!

This is a unique series. Other authors have 'consequences' mini series but this, "The Cheating Zone", ( I mean this in the most positive way) is a bit 'trippy'. I can appreciate the groove of that dimensional flip used in the LW's section. I'm also fan of this series because of the obvious creativity & research the author puts in. It shows and I can respect that effort. There are a lot talented writers in the LW's section of Literotica and saddletramp1956 is one of them. Looking forward to his next submission. *****

BTW - check out my favorites (which is quite large), pick any author and enjoy the ride. There is a tremendous amount brilliant creativity among the authors listed. From Flash stories to Novels, from BTB to reconciliation, its all there. Who knows, with a little inspiration from all those writers, you may want to throw your hat into the ring and post a story of your own. Cheers!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great story

For me, the best Cheating Zone story yet. Fantasy fiction, but told very well. Probably branding, or death for adultery is too punitive, but maybe Hawthorne's scarlet letter would be more acceptable. Keep them coming Skip.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Getting better

Your writing is.

lnrangerlnrangeralmost 5 years ago
Thanks!

Your best Cheating Zone yet! 5 stars.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 5 years ago
Why is adultery wrong but murder isn’t?

Why would it be acceptable to murder, maim, assault, kidnap or otherwise injure a man or woman who fucks around?

Maybe there is a God, maybe there isn’t but what person has the right to judge someone for adultery? Why is it wrong? Because they’re married? So having sex before marriage is okay but not while married? Says whom? The archaic phrase “forsake all others” is a verbal agreement that also says you’re married for life, not fidelity. So all the husbands who divorce their wife for adultery are equally evil but they get a clean slate? Fuck that. If adultery is wrong, divorce is equally wrong and that dear ol’ hubby should be spending eternity in hellfire for divorcing his wife; but I guess consistency isn’t entirely your strong suit.

Nope, let’s just punish women because you’re just an uncle who couldn’t get laid with a hundred dollar bill in a 10cent whorehouse.

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
I enjoy this series

But I enjoyed the Twilight Zone and other series like for years too.

My only real comment was a did you know: most 'witches' burnt at the stake (including apparently Joan of Arc), had a damp leather strip tied tightly about their neck and while it was no picnic being in the inferno, the heat dried out the strip and choked the convicted person. It is thought that very few victims were actually burnt to death, most were choked first. This is all hypothetical as they haven't interviewed many people who experienced it.

Thanks ST

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 5 years ago
2 thoughts

Death seemed like too harsh a punishment for the slut bitch.

Isn't the end kinda incest?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Contrived character to populate a contrived plot.

If the wife was that much of a low life promiscuous whore, and the husband had no clue, then he deserved what he married. Real people don't think and act like that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Whackdoodle

"Forsake all others" doesn't mean fidelity? Then what are you forsaking?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
5*

Good depiction of the retarded pilgrims. I almost could hear them chanting “Fake news!, Fake news!”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ST, I like your "cheating zone" stories.

I still watch the original "Twilight Zone" series, and this story would be a worthy addition. *****

And Whackdoodle, you really are a wack!

arobkarobkalmost 5 years ago
Whackdoodle

This is a weird story. The husband didn't actually do anything. The cheating wife was killed by ghosts/people in the past. She was killed for being a witch not for her cheating. The usual moral objections that apply for killing a cheating spouse don't exactly fit here. I don't really believe in the supernatural, but I love the show by that name. Plenty of victims in that show die without having done something to deserve it. The same goes for ghost stories told by many.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 5 years ago
Outstanding “Twilight Zone” story

Thank you for sharing your writing gifts with us. I realize some may not approve of the story for personal reasons; however, in an effort to create a work of fiction in the manner of the Great Rod Serling, you have equaled the master.

Well done and I look forward to your next short story.

Thanks again.

timrivtimrivalmost 5 years ago

Should be in the si-fy category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
my 2 cents

Cute tale. One question how did a ghost learn to drive and have enough physical presence to control the car?

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

OK but not your best, 4*. The story went bizarre when Danial went behind the wheel of the Camary and drover her to her death. From Danial never seeing a horseless-carriage to being capable of driving it, really stretched the fantasy way too much. Maybe she should have found her car in the hospital parking lit with divorce papers in the front seat; now faced with a haunting new reality she became remorseful and drover herself into the rock as she was drawn back to that barn for unknown reasons.

The dash-video just added confusion - was it the husband re-enactment no one would ever consider Daniel? You almost made JD a suspect to her branding/etc. Which never got explained by the hospital/police too.

1956 you tried to get too much into the story to fast and it became deluded loosing its punch.

mark73107mark73107almost 5 years ago
Over the top.

So she cheated, no one deserves to die because of cheating unless they physically hurt someone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A question

So what were the then unmarried Daniel and Prudence doing alone in the woods when the French attacked? Hmm....

tempusxx22tempusxx22over 4 years ago
this is completely messed up

It doesn't matter what so ever if someone cheats or not, they don't deserve death no matter what. So only getting a 1

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
LETS COMPARE SALEM AND THE INQUISITION

and try to interchange the people, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Nicely built historic piece

It is a time to remember Arthur Clarke's thought that all really advanced technology would be seem to be magic.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Really good one. Spooky. Loved it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
And we will return the

Good story enjoyed

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

A good episode, probably better than the others in the series. I liked the choice to keep the show out of the story until the very end. That made it less predictable, more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Maybe if the old punishments for adultery came back, there would be fewer destroyed families.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

I'm running out of comments, Hoss. Great story. 7 stars, The Bear approves. Keep on writing them.

The BEAR

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

Well I enjoyed the story but the reference to the Salem Witch Trials hits home in a disturbing and personal way. My 12th great grandmother was hanged at those supposed “trials” on the basis of “spectral” evidence given by children who were intimidated into giving false testimony.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

A very nice change of pace. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bravo, well done from start to finish! A 4.0 as a grade (A+) well deserved. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

a five as always from me

I didn't care for the story theme even though it was correct mostly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So the slut Linda is gone but there's the bitch half sister Julue ready for the stupid MC!! THIS WAS TRASH

Huedogg2Huedogg211 months ago

its funny that anon agrees that Linda is a slut but I guess anon feel its in genetic make up. So Julie is a slut by association. 5 stars

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

Well you have kept these true to each other, made me smile reading this one

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This method of dealing with infidelity is harsh and barbaric.

Given the pain felt by this type of betrayal, when just divorcing before stepping out would solve the matter, I can understand this type of retribution.

I also think that either the male or female both deserve equal consequences for lack of fidelity.

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

One of my favorites! 5 BIG ASS STARS!

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

A good story although the plot was not for me. Sorry you can't please everyone. Well written though

Harvey8910Harvey89104 months ago

What a strange and fanciful story. I enjoyed it. Saddletramp is such a gifted writer and I will miss him greatly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

just weird......... no reality to this type of story, just total fantasy.......... didn't find it entertaining......... not my interest.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...