All Comments on 'The Cheating Zone 07: The Test'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
tazmuntazmunover 4 years ago
Well done

That really was quite the ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Biggest problem with this story?

It belonged in Sci/Fi. Or Non-erotic. But this was simply too far out in left field to be a loving wife story. Magic crystals, special swords and, once again, someone killing another person (lot of that murder stuff lately) just don't make for anything realistic or believable. Not a bad idea but it just made me laugh.

2 stars

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Top notch

That was very good Skip. Got that little chill that I had with your first story in this series. You've found a franchise with these Twilight Zone stories and you do them very well, leaving no cheaters standing.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
THE TWILIGHT ZONE HOLDS MYSTERYS AND SECRETS

which mortal men should never try and discover, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Five stars for those shivers!

Yes you got me. You're in the right category, my opinion. Not all stories have to be grim and dark. Not all stories need the husband to give his wife away willingly, either. Yielding to the temptation is sin. Being tempted isn't.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

Another very good story, the type I enjoy. I remember watching every episode of The Twilight Zone; Rod Serling, the cigarette and all. Your imagination seems to go on forever, please more. Top rating.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
A good story

Which fitted into your own self-created sub-genre. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting....

But, the Marine in me began to have trouble when they entered the "zone" of unbelieveability. Not enough research done. And her desires were still her desires, weren't they? There will be a re-entry someday.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

Right off the bat, the pendant worries me, given its history. I accentuates her SKIRT? I can see her shirt, blouse or dress, but what connection is there between a pendant and a skirt or pants. Also, did she wear it with that one skirt of more often.

If you're going to self-reference Literotica, then he should also be checking her underwear, not just noticing her shower!

Editing! You hired techs to service HIS customers? Your father worked hard so HIS mother wouldn't have to?

Depositions can be postponed, or someone else can do them, despite John "tasking" her with them.

Why in the Hell would Hermes set Jack up in a superior position? Why didn't Jack just rip the pendant off before she left the house?

Not the best of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Liked it

It wasn’t as good as some of your other cheating zone stories, but I liked it. Especially since the wife didn’t turn out to be some evil bitch this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Da’fuq did I just read?

Thanks but no thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Wind and the Lion meets the WTF Zone

Sorry, this one is way below your other stories. The bad guy was so anxious to die that from all women in the world, he chose the one with the husband who was capable of killing, brought him to his zone/dimension/whatever, literally put a sword in his hand and then happily exposed his defenseless neck to him. Sorry, not logical even for the Twilight Zone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The only problem I have with your story

Knowing what it meant, when the pendant went on, the marraige would have been over, regardless of confessions. She made a conscious decision both to keep it and to wear it. Very bad plot, man!

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
I really like this story line.

Rain hot coffee and blueberry muffins and a great story what a good day.Thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
this story was chicken shit

weak hubby and dumbass wife.when his father died,that was it.marriage is hard and extra b/s. sucks.she a grown woman and there choices.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
Nothing wrong with being tempted...

There's nothing wrong with temptation, in and of itself. The big thing is one's response to that temptation. Did she resist or succumb?

Why was the husband's task so easy? He was given a platoon of armed Marines, a weak enemy to attack, and a villain who declined to defend himself. (I also kinda wonder how the howitzer made it up the hill)

In the end, I don't know if she resisted temptation or if he simply removed the temptation before she could completely succumb. She wore the pendant knowing her husband was aware of the meaning behind it.

Anyway... I liked the story. I was going to give it a 4 until some fool whined about the "murder stuff". Really? He traveled in time back to pre-WW1 and beheaded the bad guy with a sword, whereupon the head spoke to him from where it lay in the dirt - and then he woke up from his dream. "Murder stuff"? Your lack of discernment is astounding.

5 stars. Thanks for posting, 'Tramp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

This was different from the usual run of the mill LW story. I would urge you to find an editor. Score=5.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love it

Fuck the whiners. I enjoyed it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Science friction. The twilight zone

It was a okay fantasy .

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Different

And not bad at all. Did this all happen,opening a portal to the zone w his wife tempted to cheat, was hermes set up by the forces that be to test his love? Obviously his wife backs down from John before hermes is killed, but does ing hermes trigger an alternative timeline where she doesn't cheat? Only the writer and those who live in states with legal pot products know for sure *lol*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Bad....but not good either

Nice try, but not as good as the others. Rather jumbled and execution of the family ties/history was rather klunky.

Most importantly, he she dumped John for cheating when they we not married and she was devestated. So how does she end up almost cheating on her hubby with that same guy, with zero consideration for her husband?

Also, breaking out the old neckless would have been the redline for the relationship. Its meaning clear to John, her and the husband. He should have called her on it and his dad funeral. With out the proper response, time to let her go. Let John have the woman: it is not a battle he should have to fight and if it was, she would not be worth fighting for.

Gave it 3 stars, which may have been too generous in hindsight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
what the heck was this?

huh????

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks

Nice story. Better than all the cuck crap I've been seeing lately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A good experiment. Sometimes experiments fail.

The plot device where the husband reports the wife has been acting "differently" for a FEW WEEKS is really lame, and makes the tool look timid and ineffective. You might give your wife a day, but not weeks of behavior that is puzzling, out of character, and suspicious.

But it seems to be a common theme among many LW authors. Weak men, tepid shallow marriages, distant almost fearful interactions with a wandering cool spouse. Makes you shrug your shoulders and accept that most marriages that fail were never real partnerships, just temporary arrangements of mutual convenience that eventually become boring, tedious, and unsatisfying. Too bad couples don't divorce sooner, before children have to bear the brunt of their parents lust and impetuousness.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
OK, interesting story

...but with all the other indicators, and knowing that Hermes was in her life again, I would have handled things a bit differently from the second I saw that pendant.

That's before things went thru the wormhole.

She wouldn't have left without giving me that pendant. Call me jealous and suspicious, I don't give a fuck.

I know, any woman on earth would not allow her man to dig something out that had that kind of past meaning, and wear it as he spent time with the lost love.

That's how women think.

If I asked for it, and it led to an argument, I'd just take my wedding ring off and give it to her. There's the line. She's already crossed it, and she'll be lucky to come back from it.

In the story, she knows her hubby knew the 'ownership' aspect. She'd know how serious it all was.

You don't own your spouse, ok, but you do own the right to be respected.

That damned trinket would have been crushed infront of her eyes.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
story was ok

I just can't get passed the ideas of fighting for your wife. What would be the reason? She was there when you got married. Why the test? Why does he need to fight for something that she promised to him?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@InfiniteCycle Re: The Pendant

I'm with you. MAYBE I would have tolerated just wearing the pendant, but once it was obviously exerting some sort of control over her, I'd be snatching it off her neck, crushing it, and flushing the pieces down the toilet.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Loved the reference

To the old Twilight Zone shows.

Great job

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The.......

The Wind and the Lion?

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Great

Love the old TZ episodes.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374about 4 years ago
Hi there!

This is the first of your stories I've read. I'm not into the supernatural so it rang hollow. However, it was still a give.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

Pay no attention to the other name FirstBorn, that's just a trick of my imagination.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 3 years ago
A nice touch

I appreciated the irony of John trying to blackmail her for sex while leaving the courtroom after a sexual harassment case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why did he not simply rip off the necklace??

I would not have my girlfriend let alone a wife wear her old boyfriend's jewelry.

Keep if she desired but in her jewelry box and not very respectful of present boyfriend or spouse.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Not quite as good as the others, but still good.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Love your writing. Any other writer would not have sold this story. Bravo

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Another 5-star winner from the master, well done saddletramp. 5/5

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

He knew what the pendant meant when she put it on. The wimp should have ripped it from the slut's neck, smashed it, and told her to make a decision. But it's your fantasy and

RAAC, so be it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poor showing this time.

"She once told me that John said it was a reminder that she belonged to him. As long as she wore it, he owned her, she said."

Wearing it again screamed volumes. I could understand if my spouse was a widow/widower (I am one, from a young age), and wore a piece of jewelry one day a year to remember the one they lost (I have a drink in her memory on her birthday). You don't forget the ones you loved.

But something that symbolized that an ex "OWNED her" ? Are you kidding? Wearing that was a grave disrespect to her husband. Oh, well, RAAC's gonna' RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Huh? To the commeters below: how is this a RAAC? Clearly there was some mystical stuff going on. Remember the pendant? She was tempted but passes HER test. Jack passed HIS test. Clearly her ex was heavily influencing her via the pendant and then the husband was put into the memories / life of his great grandfather. She was briefly tempted despite her mind being influenced but the with the help of the MIL phone call, she snapped out if it. She if course should be forgiven. Read the story. Multiple forces were at play.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story belonged in the Sci-Fi category! Not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Quit reading when he saw pendant and didn't rip it off.

What a wimp

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

5 more big ass stars!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is tripy ! Loved it

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

Alternatively he could have just snatched the blinking pendant and smashed it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Crazy hood story. Lot of parallels. Clearly John was dipping in thr supernatural with the pendant when seducing Liz. Quite creative tying in his great grandfather and his mother's call. Nice 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That was a little too weird for me.

Harvey8910Harvey89103 months ago

This was another good story in this series and I give it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

ST does a 5 star turn again!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This husband is a wimp, he didn't do anything with all the evidence right in his face. She even still had her ex pendant and lied she threw it away, and she was wearing it after her ex told her to.and if that's not enough she didn't even went to her father in law funeral,as stated by the author they were very close.In the end she woke up from her delusions but she was clearly having an affair with all the pendant wearing and stuffs, she lied about not having it anymore which clearly indicates she still has feelings for him.Yes she admitted in the end but forgiving simply won't be enough here. The husband was going to be a willing cuckold if the test didn't even come.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...