The Cheating Zone 14: Warning Signs

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't understand what you like about this place," he said quietly.

"My first job was at Denny's," she said. "I had turned 16 and I wanted a car. So my parents said I needed to work to save up for a down payment. I got a job waitressing at the Denny's over by the freeway. Worked all summer until I had the down payment. Then my dad told me I needed to pay for gas and insurance. So I kept working until I had a bit more saved up. I finally got enough together to buy my own car. It was an old used Toyota, but it was reliable and ran well."

"How long did you work there?" he asked.

"Until I graduated college," she said. "I worked full time in the summer and part-time during the school year. It was hard, but I'm glad I did it. My folks could've bought my car and paid for everything, but they wanted to teach me the value of a dollar. It was a lesson I've never forgotten. One day, I plan on teaching it to my children."

"That's very commendable," Jake said. "What about your husband?"

"Miles? His father was a master carpenter. Got him a job on a site and he worked pretty much the same as I did. Learned as much as he could. Between that and his college, he easily got a job in the construction business. Now he's a project manager overseeing a multi-million dollar project," she said.

"Impressive," Jake said.

"I think so," she said. "I'll never forget the day he proposed to me. We had been dating for quite a while and were madly in love. He came in my restaurant one day after work. I could tell he had been working hard. Even though he washed his hands and face I could still see sawdust in his hair and on his clothes. I came over to him and asked what he would like. Know what he did?"

"No, what?" Jake said.

"He looked at me, smiled, then got on one knee right there in the middle of the restaurant and proposed. Said all he wanted was to be my husband for the rest of his life," she said with a smile. "Of course, I accepted. Even though I could smell the sweat that soaked his shirt. But I didn't care. At that moment, I knew what kind of a man he was -- is. An honest, decent, hard-working man who would do whatever it took to take care of his family."

"You're a very lucky girl," he said.

"Luck's got nothing to do with it," she said. "But I guess you're right to a point. Marriage is hard work. We've been through hard times and we've gotten through them -- together, as a team. Have you ever been married?" He shook his head.

"No, never," he said. Jennifer wasn't surprised at that. She nodded her head. Just then, their food was delivered and they began eating. Jennifer pulled out her phone.

"The second part of that story was posted today," she said. "You should read it. It's very interesting." She handed him the phone with the story already up. He read as he ate, and she saw his face turn red a couple times. "So, what do you think?"

"Uh, I don't really know what to say," he told her. "You do know this is fiction, right?"

"Is it?" she asked. "You tell me. Did the author describe you accurately in that story?"

"Well, some of it is eerily accurate, but the rest is a bit... off."

"Which part is that? The part where you tend to target married women for seduction? Or the part where you planned to seduce me? With Ecstasy if necessary."

"Alright, I admit, I've had sex with married women," he said. "But it was always consensual. And it's true that I'm attracted to you. Very attracted. I find you to be a very beautiful and sexy woman. You can't condemn me for that."

"No, I can't," she said. "But I can condemn you for destroying other people's lives and families. And I can condemn you for wanting to destroy my marriage."

"But it doesn't have to destroy anything," he said. "No one would know, and you might even like it."

"I would know," she told him firmly. "And Miles would figure it out. He's not stupid."

"I'm not saying he is, Jennifer. I just... want to have a chance at a good thing."

"Then perhaps you should look a bit harder, Jake. There's lots of single women out there, and any of them would love to be with you. I'm off limits, Jake. I'm married and I truly love my husband too much to do that to him," she said. "You know, I think it would be best if we didn't spend any more time together outside of the office," she added after a few quiet moments.

"You mean, no more lunches?" he asked.

"That's precisely what I mean, Jake," she said. "Look, you're a handsome man and I admit, I was attracted to you for a while. I admit I was even a bit tempted. But I'm not putting my marriage at risk. Not for a momentary thrill."

"I... understand," Jake said after a few moments. "Can we at least be friends?"

"I suppose so, but only in the office and during work hours," she said. They finished their dinner and Jake stood to leave after getting his bill.

"You know, Jennifer, your husband really is a very lucky man to have someone like you as his wife," he said. "I hope maybe someday I can meet someone as good as you."

"I'm sure you will, Jake," she said. "And for the record, yes, Miles is a very lucky man. And he knows it."

"I'll see you tomorrow at work, Jennifer," he told her as he prepared to leave.

"See you tomorrow," she said.

...

"So, how did your dinner with Jake go?" Miles asked when he Skyped her that evening.

"It went very well," she said. "I think I surprised him when I told him I wanted to go to Denny's." He laughed at that.

"Country-fried steak?" he asked.

"You know it," she said. "By the way, I had the strangest dream last night."

"Oh? Tell me about it," he said. He listened quietly as she recalled the dream. "Damn, that's strange," he said when she finished. "Are you okay?"

"I am now, but I was pretty shook up when it happened," she said.

"I'll bet you were. I read that story, by the way," he told her. "Were you really tempted to have sex with him?" She looked down, ashamed, before answering.

"For a moment, I was," she said. "I'm sorry. I never did anything with him, though. Never. Can you forgive me?" He nodded his head in understanding.

"Of course. I believe you. I can't say that I blame him for wanting to be with you. You're a very beautiful woman. I feel lucky to have you in my life."

"No, Miles, I'm the lucky one," she told him. "I love you too much to do something like that to you. Besides, haven't you been tempted a time or two?"

"Actually, I have. But all I have to do is think about what I have at home and the temptation goes away. Listen, we have a three-day weekend coming up. I was thinking about letting the guys take off a bit early and taking you to that bed and breakfast down by the lake. What do you think?" he asked.

"I think that would be a very good idea," she told him with a smile. Reaching into her nightstand, she pulled out her dildo -- little Miles. He grinned as she ran her tongue along it. "Wanna see what I plan to do to you?"

"Sure," he told her.

"Whip out that big cock of yours for me, okay?" He smiled as he dropped his trousers and boxers. She dipped the dildo inside her shaved pussy as he watched and stroked himself. "That's it, baby, stroke it good for me. Let me see it get all big and hard for me. You do know this pussy is all yours, don't you?"

"Yes, I do. And this is all yours as well, lover," he told her as he held his cock for her to see.

"Damn well better be," she said as she slowly fucked herself with the dildo. They watched each other intently as they masturbated together. They climaxed at about the same time.

"I can't wait till you get home, sweetheart," she said. "I miss you so much."

"I miss you as well," he replied.

"I love you so much, Miles," she said. "You have no idea how much I love you."

"I love and miss you more, babe," he said. They ended the call and Jennifer laid in bed, stroking herself as she thought about what she intended to do to Miles that weekend. She held his pillow close and took in his scent as she drifted off to sleep.

She woke up the next morning feeling better than she had all week. After getting ready for work, she went to the bus stop and opened her phone. Sure enough, there was a third part of the story posted. Anxious, she opened it up and began reading.

She wasn't surprised to see her interactions with Jake and Miles, but she was a bit surprised to read that the Jake in the story had gone to a nightclub after their dinner. There, he picked up a married woman and was preparing to leave the club with her after slipping her some Ecstasy.

Unfortunately, the woman's husband wasn't too happy about that and stopped them after they walked out of the club. He proceeded to beat Jake senseless, kicking him in the crotch several times before a couple other guys pulled him off.

Jake ended up at the hospital where he learned that he might lose a testicle, along with two of his teeth. He also had a broken nose, two black eyes and a couple of fractured ribs. Jennifer chuckled at that and wondered if the real Jake met the same fate.

Her question was answered when she got to the office. She didn't see him in his office, and went to the coffee room, where she poured herself a cup. Some of the other girls were huddled in the room, talking about something.

"Morning, guys," she said. "What's going on?"

"Haven't you heard?" Donna, one of her colleagues, asked. "Jake was taken to the hospital last night. He went to some club and got beat up pretty bad."

"Oh?" Jennifer asked. "How bad? Is he okay?"

"They're gonna keep him for a day or two, but I heard he might lose a testicle," Donna said. Jennifer cringed.

"Ouch," she said.

"Well, if you ask me, it serves him right for trying to pick up a married woman," Lisa, an older colleague, said.

"How do you know about that?" Jennifer asked.

"I was at the club with my husband last night," Lisa said. "That stupid fucker actually thought he could walk out with a woman after taking her from her husband. He met them out in the parking lot and kicked Jake's ass, then took his wife home. I think Jake gave her a date rape drug."

"Oh my God," Jennifer said, realizing how close she came to being his latest conquest.

"You know, it doesn't surprise me," Donna said. "I heard Jake had quite a reputation in New York, which is why he was transferred here." She looked at Jennifer. "I'm surprised he didn't try anything with you, Jennifer. I know you two often took lunch together."

"Yes, we have eaten lunch together, but that's not going to happen anymore," Jennifer said.

"Good for you," Lisa said. "You don't need that kind of trouble in your life."

...

That night, Jennifer sat down to watch some television as she ate dinner. Tonight, they were playing a couple of old black-and-white Twilight Zone episodes. She enjoyed watching this with Miles. Her attention strayed for a while, until the end of the program, when the scene shifted to a grim-faced man holding a cigarette in one hand.

"Temptations. We all have them. Sometimes, we give in to them. Other times, we learn just how much those temptations can cost us. Just ask Jennifer Greene, a young, beautiful woman who almost gave in to hers. Consider this an object lesson from... the Cheating Zone," he said. He took a drag off his cigarette, winked, smiled and walked off the set.

...

Fade to black...

Note: The troll-man known as Zrglbork first appeared in "The Cheating Zone 08: The Wish." He also appeared in "The Cheating Zone 11: Warning Labels."

12