All Comments on 'The Christmas Bonus'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice Story

well written for Readers digest Tenbears43

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Some of us like the romance in romance

And "old fashoned girls".

I felt the first 90 per cent of the story was brilliant, where the last was more disjointed and out of character. I am not sure I like the people who can't talk things out, the intervention was omitted, how they got back together glossed over.

I 'd encourage a rewrite because so much of the story is so well done.

Thank you, it takes courage to put your work out there (and hard work).

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
very romantic

A nice read indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very nice...with a few small warts

I love the storyline. The characters were well fleshed out and I could care about them easily enough to read on.

I found the end a tad lacking - so I agree with anothers' comment that the story of how the girls' intervened to put the broken vase back together would have added to the end of the story...and opened the door to some more character development of every one of them. ...and who really would have cared if another page or two were needed?

Honestly, though, there were a few glaring typos, letter/word-omissions, and word-kuldges in there that a careful re-read/edit cycle or two would have helped catch. I did have to decide to forgive them enough to forge ahead (it really did detract from the perceived higher quality and tone of the story, sorry to say).

I did appreciate their reticence in making the earliest possible leap into the sack, and that tension added measurably to the storyline. Nicely done...but tend the warts a bit more carefully...?

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
terrific story

xb, my compliments for crafting such an excellent xmas romance story. I thought you developed your characters well and kept the storyline unfolding at a steady pace.

For the critiques. In my opinion, the few errors I noticed, I would suspect being caused by natural incompatibility between all the different software and systems involved. In other words, another day of muddling through on Rube Goldberg's Internet.

As for the dramatic scene. I don't know about you but I've been there and done that and got a torn t-shirt out of the experience. You work yourself to the point of collapse and nobody is coherent or understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great read

Loved the plot and the characters......not sure why all the senior partners had to be letchs. The ending was too abrupt...would like to know how Belinda and the girls got them together again. Sex description too quick for such a long wait.

Overall a most enjoyable story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I really like the story between Belinda and Nick!

I'm just a bit concerned about Stacey and her descent into the xmas bonus that no one want's to talk about....

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I was hoping we would've found out what happened to the girls that won the bonuses. Belinda blew it off in the beginning. I was also hoping it would've clicked with her being that she and Stacey are good friends.

gravyruggravyrugover 9 years ago
Mostly nice

I have to agree that the end was too abrupt. The whole story up to that point had plenty of detail about their relationship, and then we suddenly skip over the most important reconciliation in the story.

Also, others have pointed out the minor glitches and typos and such. None of them were awful in and of themselves, but there were enough to have been a distraction. The story was well worth reading in spite of those, though, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nicely written, but way too long. Should have been broken into chapters. That being said: I did keep coming back to the story to see how it ended.

Predictable, but enjoyable I

TLC56TLC56over 9 years ago
Well Done

I normally don't make comments but I wanted to say if I could give it more stars I would. Just to give you a heads up, there are some words towards the end of the story that have missing letters.

aisielynnaisielynnover 9 years ago

*smiles*

I truly enjoyed Nick and Belinda's story. I loved the character development and the story's progression. I can understand the typos and rush near the end since this was an entry for the Holiday Contest. But I would love to see you revisit this story sometime in the future. Keep up the wonderful writing.

And if you ever want or need an editor (even for a rush job), let me know. I am more than willing to help. *warm smiles*

harristharristover 9 years ago
Excellent Story

Proves that romantic literotica doesn't have to be "ALL" about the sex. Well put together. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Through 97% of the story

I was right with you.

And then in the end, when the intervention happened and you broke abruptly to the idyllic getaway, I was lost. The gap was just calling out to be filled.

Editing needed too, typos and such.

Having been critical, I still gave it a 5 because the first 97% was so good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved It

I really liked this story. I could totally identify with the self doubt Belinda had about her new relationship. I wish the audience would have been a part of the reconciliation before the story cut to the "happily ever after" moment. We were along for the ride for some time and should've been there for the moment the two finally resolved everything. Still enjoyed the story though and don't regret spedning the time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
GREAT STORY!

The story was great. I hope you don't mind if I give you a little constructive criticism. This is the second story I read of yours, the other being "The Rhythm Method"...both exceptional with one exception...the ending. You go into great detail in your stories, especially in the Rhythm Method, and it was kind of a disappointment in the end not to have the details. The reader is waiting the whole story for them to finally connect and then that is the part you decide to cut short. You went into such detail with the process of making the wine it was a bit of a let down not to have that same detail put into the ending. Oh well just food for thought! That's for sharing your stories!

apophasisapophasisalmost 6 years ago

How am I supposed to feel about the fact that neither Belinda nor Nick have a problem working at a company that hires women to be company prostitutes? Anti-prostitution laws are seriously out of date and need to be reformed so that the industry can be regulated to the good of all involved parties, but that doesn't mean that anything should go until that happens. That the girls involved like sex (well, at least Stacey does. We don't know about the others) doesn't change the fact that the situation is predatory and nobody of any integrity could just sit by and let it happen without spending a lot of time reconciling themselves to that fact.

sweetone66sweetone66over 3 years ago

Loved this story... loved the sweet ending. Always enjoy your writing in spite of the typos. Wishing you a happy, safe, healthy and prosperous New Year!!!

Your fan...

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

I have learned my lesson about your stories, I can only start reading at the beginning of the day or I will never get any sleep LOL! They are just so captivating. I listen to them on the Edge browser, using the right mouse and choosing read-aloud. I have a UK English sultry-voiced female that reads your stories to me while I am cooking or cleaning my house. Thank you for your submission. If you publish your stories, can you email me the titles, please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Upto page 4, Belinda seems a likeable but stupid, stubborn and annoying character

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Having information on the office prostitution ring but not sharing it "because no hers to share".....that is another level of fuckery.

Really stupid, drawnout drivel

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BELINDA MOORE WOULD HAVE SLEPT WITH ALL THE PARTNERS TO GET A BONUS AND FURTHER HER PROSPECTS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

STUPID END....HOW DID SHE ENDUP FROM THE SLUTTY FRIENDS TO XMAS EVE WITH NICK!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bindy the bitch.....gets kissed on the mouth and held by a senior sex crazy partner and doesn't react....of course it looked like the slut was trading up.....that's what majority skanking bitches do!! The intervention by her slut friends was laughable

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did the writer lose interest at the end, get bored, or had a brain freeze so they just jumped to bitch bindy with Nick in the sand.....slut gfs deciding at an intervention to keep or lose Nick....cuck writer

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

pretty good overall. A little slow thru 3 pages and then picks up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Belinda the BITCH!! The ending came too soon after the slut ran from the room, had a caucus with the other slut friends and getting back with Nick!!

GUESS THE WRITER COULDN'T WAIT TO END THIS STORY

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The whores having an intervention over Nick was hilarious. They were trailer park trash in comparison.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

To the person who keeps posting anonymously in the past year, please get therapy! Belinda is a fictional character.

To the author, as others have said it was good until the end, would love to see this finished off with the same quality as the rest of the story. Also really hoping that you have written Stacy's story in here.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

Are we able to really discover all about a partner’s being …. We hide so much, happen in the past mostly childhood and now those sensitive reactions turning into fights and losses …. Honesty Trust Love may would let us find a common ground, but its so hard to jump our own fears ….. “with a little help from some friends ….” Luckily they solved the situation …… and enjoying a sandy beach is breathtaking

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...