All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Notomol Ch. 01'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Test56Test56about 1 year ago

The Chronicles continue, exciting start, looking forward to the next chapter.

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeeabout 1 year ago

I’m so excited to read a new Hvad series!

Dusu68Dusu68about 1 year ago

Glad to see you continue the chronicles series. But Notomol and Kolasovets sound a lot like Borna and Ljewdevit (spelling?). And Motekin like the guslar who wrote Borna’s Bucket? Are they reincarnations??? We shall see.

AssignedNameAssignedNameabout 1 year ago

Great start! Thank you!

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 1 year ago

I echo what Dusu said, although I would also say Notomol is not quite Borna UNLESS he's led that way; he's not like Cook from Westrons and neither of them show particular seasoning--so it's like they'll have to cut their teeth simultaneously. Like the comradery between them both and can't wait to see it develop more--and especially how they handle the invasion (that none of the current leaders thought would happen). 5

golasgilgolasgilabout 1 year ago

What a joy! A new Aspern series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for treating us to another of your excellent stories.

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

Good to see another tale from Hvad .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Here we go again. I’m rubbing my hands together in glee and anticipation. The first chapter hasn’t disappointed- I’m hooked. Again.

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 1 year ago

It will be a wild ride! AE never disappoints. I have my suspicions where this is going. These three young men are intriguing. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. 👍🏼🙏👏

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

AE is writing again. Was slow to this party but AE does not disappoint. Looking forward to reading the rest of this saga.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful engaging story, very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

There seems to be typo on page 2 paragraph 6: "signally" I think should be "singularly". - Todd O.

AspernEsslingAspernEssling12 months agoAuthor

Signally

Nope, that's the word I wanted - as in "a signal honour". I like slightly archaic language; for me, it's part of the "feel", or the flavour of stories like these, set in my own version of the Dark Ages.

anubeloreanubelore12 months ago

So excited! But it drives me positively nuts when lit can't get its friggin series listing game in order! This is obviously the first chapter in a series, yet your submissions page doesn't show that, and there's no "next part" button to tap. All because lit's code for organizing series, and listing them as series, is completely buggered. So it's back to the old standby of "read a chapter, hold the back button, back to the submissions page, open the next chapter...rinse and repeat" gah! I think if you ask them about it, they might respond more readily. Maybe not though. Either way, super excited to read this! Going to reread the rest first!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the third in series that I have or am reading. The plots & character development is great. I would also like to thank you for the pronunciations included at the chapter’s beginning. These are not the usual English-style names used in most stories & the descriptions were most helpful.

GimliOakensGimliOakens5 months ago

A auspicious beginning....

Comentarista82Comentarista829 days ago

So turns out Kanni appears as Kolasovet's grandmother? Nice cameo.

Historical parallel is that by the 3rd generation, those living then have forgotten the lessons the first generation learned at great personal cost--and they get too complacent--hence the invasion. The only thing is I don't believe this tale states how long Izumyr "staked out" Hvad via their merchants to time this for this particular moment.

***

You set the table suspensefully, creating the huge Izumyrian invasion that so easily flowed into Hvad, like the mighty Grey running in the spring, threatening to sweep anything away that fell into it.

***

I now remember Motekin isn't a guslar--in fact, his writings piss off many later.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...