All Comments on 'The Chronicles of Hvad Ch. 13'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
You've definitely

upped the ante with this excursion. Thirty thousand in Lacine and perhaps 300K in the capital? Yeseriya is seriously outclassed and depending on how you handle it, it could be a VERY costly war for Yeseriya. How could they even expect to win even with luck and good planning?

I was concerned how you would pull this off, but you put Ljudevit right into Izumyr, crossing the Grey and got him to Lacine. Ingram and Lir are interesting, and Barsam a curiosity. You kind of advanced Ljudevit's fighting "skill" enough to kill two warriors singlehandedly, and obviously he'll need it there. The best parts are having him tell well-concocted half-truths of Hvad and especially using Priit as his name, since only someone that fought with Borna could know it wasn't Priit (given most of their attacks were ambushes at night or in the forest).

You know something of body language and interpersonal dealings, as a superior ALWAYS makes inferiors (as he sees them) "wait" to emphasize he has far more authority. Good gamble to show Ljudevit rode off and made statements to make it plain he wasn't impressed. I actually laughed at several of the instances with Barsam.

I won't try to guess where you're going to go with Dolo, although I love how she carries herself and how everyone in her place respected her so deeply to stand to back up Ljudevit when the 2 Izumyrian soldiers thought they would try to fool around with her. Nicely done. I will say that I do hope you don't get Ljudevit and Dolo involved, even if it would advance his spying, as that would be such a betrayal to Payl.

As usual, I'll have a fuller review later. Loved seeing this was up. 5

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 4 years ago
It only gets better,!

A thoroughly absorbing tale, which is well written and is starting to rival your other sagas.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I try to only check once a day for the next chapter

😳

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Map

A simple map world help to follow the really good story.

AssignedNameAssignedNamealmost 4 years ago
Excellent Job.

Can't wait for more.

SpeedySPSpeedySPalmost 4 years ago
Spy or Ambassador

I can’t help but wonder if our young friend will find something to respect in Barsam, and become more of an ambassador than a spy.

SirGReadALotSirGReadALotover 3 years ago
Great story! - plus some thoughts

1) - I hope he doesn't get involved with Dulo - no need to add unnecessary drama. Maybe she likes women better than men??

2) - the best defense Borna has is the Grey river. Once the soldiers and their horses get across and invade, Borna cannot contain them. However, as difficult as the river is to cross, Borna might be able to keep them from landing. Ferrying the horses across will be very difficult and time consuming unless they have massive ferries.

3) - maybe Ljudevit can get Barsam to think about an alliance and trade more than invasion and conquest.

Really good story!

servant111servant1118 months ago

Wow...Reads like Braveheart...with A Hvard version of WIlliam Wallace.... Here we have Wallace's Irish Scout friend doing the spy thing at Polish version of York...with Edward Long shanks preparing his Polish (English) army with armored knights for the invasion of the Scottish Lowlands and Highlands. Your uplanders here are rather exact replications of the Highland Scottish Clan structure.... Like I said Braveheart with Polish/Slavic names...

Still outstanding and immersive story that transcends the sources...

5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...