The Client Pt. 02

Story Info
The beginning for Sean.
9.5k words
8.3k
9
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/13/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Client

Part Two

(The story of a man who went to a lawyer for help, told by the attorney and the principles

It starts slow, giving you a lot of background, but gets rolling in high gear)

The beginning for Sean

Sean's Story:

My name is Sean, and I am married to the love of my Life Pat's (Patty). I am 26, in good shape, an athlete in college and a good-looking man, well at least I think so. I'm working a no where job in the big city, and a company that has no future for me. I am an attorney with little experience, just trying to find my way through this jungle called life.

My wife Patty, well she's 25, 5'3. 125lbs, and very perky C-Cup tits. She doesn't need to wear a bra because even in a T-shirt they stick straight out. To say her body is perfect would be an understatement, but she herself is perfect also. I couldn't even imagine being with anyone else.

Our sex lives are amazing, as she normally wears short skirts and dresses but outside of work, she dresses in any way I ask. We end up at parks and other places in our town at night and she flashes me, teases me, plays role play games with me, and I normally end up taking her right there outside. We're both daring and like teasing the other until they can't take it anymore.

But enough about us, let's get to what happened. We both have liberal views and values and don't like the predators of the corporate world and agreed to never work for them. I had applied at a medium size investment bank here in the city and really didn't expect much interest from them, but I received an appointment for a personal interview. Of course, I went and interviewed with Mr. Bickel, John Bickel. He was one of the 5 main partners in the firm, and I wasn't sure why I rated such a high-ranking person for my job interview, but what the hell. He was very knowledgeable and polite, and fully answered my questions. One of those questions was why he was sitting with me? He told me my college transcripts showed something special and he wanted to meet me and explore that with me. When asked just what he saw, he just told me my auditing and finance courses and scores.

As we continued, he told me part of the firm's business was buying, taking over, and restructuring failing companies. I almost walked out, but instead I Just said, "Another Corporate Raider?" He assured me that was not what they did, and it wasn't the case at all. He showed me files in Companies that had bad management and poor judgement that they turned around and sold for tidy profits. This calmed my liberal fears and we continued. He showed me around the offices in lower Manhattan and explained more of the business to me while stealth-fully asking me questions. He was the type of Attorney you don't see coming with his calm and friendly appearance. Being a new Attorney, I was watching for clues anywhere I could find them, but nothing set off alarms for me. At the end of my interview, he said he would like me to come back for further interviews and meet some other people. I agreed and left awaiting his call, which turned into three more interviews over the next four weeks.

Now, about what took place today, a day which could change our lives forever, but I hadn't told Patty about any of this. It was to be a full day interview with tests to see how I responded in certain situations. (I told Patty it was just a few hours, as I didn't want to waste time answering all those questions when there were more important things to discuss with her) I showed up a bit before 7:30am, which is early for a lawyer, just to find John already in his office hard at work.

"Ah, it looks like I found another early bird like me?"

"Yes, Good morning, John."

"And good morning to you Sean. Are you ready to show us all what you've got?"

"Yes sir. What are these tests you spoke of?"

"Look at you, always the lawyer. But for today, no peeks behind the curtain except for you're going to be thrown into the deep end of the pool, and you get to show us you know how to swim."

"Well, I've been swimming against the current most of my adult life so, I'm ready to give it my best."

"Yeah, I imagine your liberal philosophies don't mix well with the Corporate law world?"

"How do you know about my leanings?"

"Sean, for one minute do you think I haven't found out everything about you and your wife Patty?"

"You researched my wife as well?"

"Sean, you're applying for a position that handles sensitive and private information. I would be a fool not to know as much about both of you as I could."

"I wasn't aware investment banks did such due diligence."

"Sean, we are an investment bank, as well as a full service corporate and private law firm. We have separate and compartmented divisions, each run by one of the five partners. But there is plenty of time to discuss all of that later. Take a walk with me and let me show you something."

We walked and took the elevator down to the second floor where he led me off and down a hall. We walked up to a room with a sturdy lock on the door.

"You see that lock on the door Sean?"

"Yes John, it seems to be a heavy one?"

"Yes, it is so let's look inside, shall we?"

He unlocked the door and we both walked inside and he allowed the door to close.

"How many locks do you see now Sean?"

"Why there are two of them, but one doesn't have a key cylinder on the outside?"

"It's that way by design, and this is the interview room for the division you're applying for. No recording equipment, audio, or video. Sometimes people get desperate, and they say and do things that are not normal for their character. That type of personal information and possible disgrace should be protected forever and not allowed out where it could ruin their lives. We came up with this room to do just that, and that's why it has no windows or any way for the outside world to know what is said and done in there."

"A law firm that cares about people, they didn't cover this in law school."

"Do I detect pessimism from our hopeful liberal?"

"No, just pragmatism."

"Well, this is where you will be doing your work for today. By the time you return here, all the files and a laptop will be in here giving you access to any information you may need to try and resolve the situation that is given to you. Your only contact outside this room is your laptop and a button under the lip of your desk. The wall behind you is mechanical and would open up if you felt you needed it."

"Will I need it?"

"Sean, that is totally up to you and your read of the situation in front of you. Come on and let's go get a coffee and talk."

We walked down the hall to a very well outfitted cafeteria with plush seating and comfortable tables. He ordered us two coffees and new how I took mine. We sat in two seats facing each other and talked some more.

"John, just what exactly am I applying for here? I feel you're not telling me everything that going on here today."

"You're right, I am not telling you everything, but I can't until you take your test today, then I can answer the rest of your questions. Knowing that sounds strange, I want you to know you will be compensated for your time here today."

"Should I be in my guard while I take this test?"

"Sean, you're by yourself in there and anything that is said or anything that occurs is your secret unless you chose to disclose it to me afterwards. At the end of the test, you will be asked to submit your recommendations and a report. It's that simple, we want to see how you perform and what you suggest as a path forward with this company and its employees. It's not spy stuff, it's not dangerous, and it's certainly legal. You have nothing to worry about, so just be you and come up with the best recommendation you can. That's it, it's that simple."

"You have me curious and intrigued here John."

"Good, those skills should serve you well."

He pulled out his phone and made a quick call that I only heard one half of.

"Jamie, yes, he is here. I told you he'd show up early. Get the interview room ready with everything needed and call me when done and I'll bring him down and introduce you two. Yes, that would be fine, just let me know when you're ready. Bye."

"Well, let me show you around some more, grab your coffee and walk with me."

We walked to the other side of the cafeteria and through two large glass doors to an outside area that looked more like a park than a courtyard.

"We have found that people locked in stuffy offices just don't perform well and there not happy at all. We built this to give them a place to release and unwind, but some use it as a work are on nice days and bring their laptops out here. It seems to have increased moral and happiness in out people and its central to the elevators and easy to get to."

"Yes, it is quite nice and very relaxing here."

"And not to brag, this area was my idea and vision. I am very proud of it and very satisfied it is a hit with my people."

"Excuse me John, but that's the second time you said My People instead of using them word employees?"

"Yes, and good on you for paying attention. I don't see these people as employees, I really see them as part of our clan or members of our village here."

"That is jot normal for a law firm, especially an investment bank."

"You're right, but this is my philosophy, kind of a liberal view wouldn't you say?"

"You keep using that term Liberal?"

"Yes Sean, I was young once too and I was a liberal looking to change the world with my views. Guess what, the world not only doesn't listen, but it doesn't care if it can't make money on your idea."

"Isn't that a dangerous way to be in today's world? I mean you could become the target of corporate headhunters and greed?"

"That is why not one share of this company's stock is publicly held. I personally hold more than half the stock and the rest is controlled by the four other partners. They receive all the benefits of owning their shares even though it belongs to the corporation. If they wish to sell the corporation buys them out. Upon leaving that stock is liquidated and they choose what stocks to replace it with on the open market. Then that is packaged up into their retirement accounts and they go on enjoying their lives."

"You appear to have given this all a lot of thought?"

"I've seen too many companies bought up on the market, taken over, and chopped up for the bits. That's not happening here. That's why our division is structured the way it is, but I can't speak any more about that know."

"Your people seem to be very at ease and happy here. Since we've been out here, everyone that walk through my path of sight smiled and nodded at me."

"Yes, that is true, but remember, you're sitting here with the big boss also."

"Even the way they interact with each other projects a positive image to the observer."

"I make it a point to know everyone's name that I interact with on a given day. If I need to spend a day in another division, I go over their files to be acquainted with them before I show up."

"That takes time and a good memory."

"It's not hard to do if you really care. This is not your run of the mill firm here."

"Yes, I can see that."

John's phone rang and he answered and said that we'd be right there.

"Jamie is ready for us and I want to say I'm happy tour a happily married man."

"Why may I ask?"

"Jamie is very pretty, cute, and has a bubbly personality. She is one of the special people in this world and I wouldn't want you distracted before you take your test."

"Yes, I love my wife and wouldn't even think about another woman."

"That's good because she is very attractive and alluring, but make no mistake, she knows her stuff and is someone you can rely on without fail."

"Good to know Sir."

"I told you to call me John, not Sir."

"Sorry John, it's just habit from being in the corporate world."

"It's a habit you will have to break yourself of if you come to work here Sean."

"Understood John."

We walked to an office next door to the interview room he showed me earlier. We were met by this woman that was stunning to say the least. The type of petite woman that can knock you over. She wore a pencil skirt that was straight cut and hugged her from waist to thighs wear it ended showing off her beautiful long times legs. Her blouse was stylish and buttoned up in front with the top three undone allowing a view of her perfect B-Cup breasts held in place by her sexy lace bra. Her long blonde hair and blue eyes were only surpassed by her smile and grace when she moved. John was right, it is a good thing I am happily married.

"Jamie, I would like you to meet Sean, and Sean please meet Jamie, she will be your assistant today."

"Very nice to meet you Sean, and Johns right, I will be at your Beck and call day for anything you need today."

"Very nice to meet you Jamie, and being the new kid here, I may have to take you up on your offers of assistance today."

"Oh, don't sell yourself short, if John brought you here, I trust you can handle this just fine. Besides, John doesn't like lack of confidence people."

"Well then, I shall muster all the confidence I have then."

We both chuckled and she just led me in and started going over the day with me.

"You're in very competent hands now Sean, I'll check back with you later."

"Thanks John."

Immediately Jamie was right back telling me what I needed to know and then she stopped and stooped down in front of me gazing directly in my eyes.

"Listen to me Sean. You don't spend one minute worrying about what others will think of your performance here today, not even John. This about you handling things the best way You know how to and working through problems, not about your recommendations after it's over. So, you just do what you think is right. It's only you in there and no one can second guess your performance if they weren't handling what you were handling."

"Thank you for that Jamie, Let's get me prepared."

I was quickly at ease with Jamie, it was like working with an older sister or something like that. There was none of the sexual tension normally associated with a young man and a gorgeous young woman, it was just an easy atmosphere, and she was astoundingly knowledgeable and professional. She loaded me up with all the particulars I needed to know for the day and made sure I knew where the files and other info was stored for me. In a short time, I was ready to take on my chore for the day. She even fit me with an earpiece that connected to her with just a touch of a button on the outside. She then led me to the interview room I had seen before, loaded with a file cabinet in the corner and a laptop on the desk. I was now ready.

I was left alone in the room with the door opened. Jamie instructed me that it only needed to be closed when interviewing employees of this company or if I was reviewing sensitive or proprietary information. My first order of business was to look over the Financials of this law firm and see if I could find the reason for its failure. I dug in like a hungry dog and had no problem finding many problems. I kept going over Financials, profit and loss statements, and expenditures. It quickly became clear that the CEO and other board members were living a lavish life and the firm was paying for half of it. It was also clear that most of the lower-level people were related to the CEO. He was using the firm as his family piggy bank. But I kept on digging, there had to be more if I found this so easily.

I looked over more of the expenditures and it seemed to me that the firm was paying more than they should for simple services like payroll, janitorial, and file storage and back up. Each was a separate company, but it seemed a little off, so I went online and researched each of those companies. It turned out each company was owned by one man, and he had the same last name as the CEO. Then researching him I found he is the CEO's brother. I went directly to the employee files and after researching each name, it appeared the over 60%mof them were related to the CEO by blood or marriage, even nieces and nephews were on the payroll. This extended family was bleeding this firm dry. I then went to the company emails and found them all talking about being found out and the conversations to cover their tracks and get their lies straight were organized by six people. I was told each would be available for me to interview if I felt it necessary, and those six were necessary. I printed out the essential emails and as soon as they were done, Jamie brought them into me.

"I'm sending you a list with six names, and I'm going to need to talk to them."

"When do you want them here?"

"Give me about two hours, I have more looking to do."

"I'll set up the interviews."

All these people were told to be available for interview or be terminated, so Jamie was able to reach them all. Still looking over the expenditures I looked at outside legal costs. I found the private investigation firm they used was owned by another brother and the janitorial company was owned by his wife. Everyone in this family had their hands in the till. I looked at my watch and it was already 10:30 in the morning, so I got all the needed employee files together and put them in a pile on my desk, adding a seventh one on the bottom. Then I thought I should get a bite to eat and walked out to see Jamie.

"Jamie, I have the employee files on my desk in a pile and want to see them in that order. And I added a seventh that I want to see last."

"I can make that happen no problem, Sean."

"I want to grab lunch; how do I do that here?"

She handed me a key card on a lanyard and told me to just use that, and that is was also the office door keycard. I walked away and she went into the office to look at the files I left out, then locked the door on her way out. I went to the cafeteria, got a sandwich and a soda, and went out to the courtyard to eat. Everyone there was pleasant and friendly, joking and speaking with each other as friends would. I was impressed and divined that he couldn't have been just lucky in hiring all good people, they were responding to their environment. After eating I went for a short walk around the open spaces and returned to the interview room.

"Jamie, how,long until my first interview?"

"27 minutes Sean. Should I call and see if their early?"

"No Thank you, that will be just fine."

I reread all seven files and made sure I had all the knowledge I needed at my fingertips, including security camera video and timecards. I was ready to get started.

"Jamie, are the first people here and ready for interview?"

"Yes Sean, we have them seated separately in rooms on the ground floor. Would you like me to go get the first one?"

"Is there someone else who can do that other than you?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Please send them and come in here if you could."

"Right away Sean."

"Rachel went to get the first man you wanted to see. What can I do for you Sean?"

"Come sit across from me and pretend we're talking about this file. Hold it open until she comes with the interviewee and then close the file and hand it to me before getting up and leaving. Can you do that for me?"

"Absolutely Sean, I'm here to assist in any way you wish."

"Good then, have a seat."

"Excuse me for asking Sean, but you're trying to make it look like you and your assistant are looking over details in this file?"

Yes, that's the idea."

"Then wouldn't it look more convincing if you held the file open and I was standing next to you discussing it with you?"

"Well, I suppose it would."

"Then, here is the file and I'll move over to stand alongside you."

She moved into the position she suggested, and it did look more convincing.

"Do you have any psychological training, Jamie?"