The Collaring of Chloe Ch. 32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's definitely more herself now, I think." Holly agreed. "When we were kids, she was pretty withdrawn. I really only knew her as one the 'trailer park' kids. I didn't even know about what she'd been dealing with at home until after her transformation."

"Makes me wish I could have been a real superhero and come to rescue her." Chloe said, looking off, imagining herself swooping down out of the sky to scoop up a teenaged Mittens and fly her away from all that horror.

"If you ask me, I think she's the one who is the superhero." Holly remarked with a quirky grin. "Coming through all that without getting turned into some kind of monster herself. I assume it's why she wanted to become a cat so badly. Get as far away from who she was as she could."

"Maybe." Chloe returned with a shrug. "I just know that..." She trailed off, feeling a sudden wave of emotion slam into her like a lead brick.

"Hey, are you okay?" Holly asked with a note of mild alarm, stopping and looking at Chloe.

Chloe stopped as well, not because of Holly doing so, but because she was suddenly crying so hard that she couldn't see clearly anymore. She tried to respond, but when she opened her mouth, all that came out was croaking sob. Holly pulled her into a tight hug, nearly having to hold Chloe upright as a torrent of tears flooded out of her.

She didn't even know where it was all coming from or why it was coming at all.

Her mind was too thick with emotion to even sort through all the chaos roaring through it, bits of August and Victoria and Master and Mittens. As if the floodgates had been fully opened, even fragments of her encounters with Chad and Danny Walker, questions about Sugar, her guilt with Shawn, and her dealings with PinWheelSoul spun into the slurry of wild thoughts storming in her skull. She couldn't cling to any one notion or thought for more than a moment, as though her mind was simply, finally, vomiting up a stomach full of foul contents that it had been suffering for a while to keep down.

It wasn't until most of the sudden, inexplicable, outburst had played itself out that a single remaining realization was left lingering in the empty space from everything else in her brain being expelled. Shudderingly, she fought to manage to make words. She had to say it out loud or she would never have the strength to face it.

"I need to go back."

"Back to the game shop?" Holly asked, a little confused.

Chloe gave her head a small shake, tears rolling down her sodden cheeks. "Back to Master Heron."

12