The Conquered's Choice Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As a simple explanation, I am not a man who wishes to keep secrets from his lover. Though I did not show her every letter, I chose two, and I admit I chose ones with less intimate words. I cannot deny feeling a bond with you, and the joy of writing with you has always been tainted with a hint of guilt when I remember Balia. I feel like that should be impossible given we have never met, but I cannot deny that my feelings have been true. My trust, my admissions, and my interest in you, has all been true, I promise you this, from the bottom of my heart.

The couple of letters I showed Balia have been the only ones that have left my strong-box. The other warriors know that I have some secret source of information, but that is all. I promise I would never betray you as you describe.

I write so candidly partly because we approach the King's army now, as he bears down on Groldur's weaker forces. We have made haste, as we must, but I know we are travel weary and if we don't rest for at least one solid night we will be useless in the battle tomorrow. I have split the army before approaching to attempt to hide our numbers and attack from different directions, and if we are careful perhaps we can avoid detection or confuse them enough to take them from the flank or rear as they attack Groldur, but they are indeed a mighty and well-balanced force, and we will need luck besides good tactics if we are to prevail.

Thus, this may be my last letter to you. This is likely to be the largest and bloodiest battle of this war and no one's survival is certain. I write this letter instead of poring over battle plans and maps, or getting much-needed rest, because though I am prepared to die, I cannot bear the thought of leaving this world with you resenting me. You are the inspiration that has kept me going. Though Balia and my fellow Kelviks made me want to join this war, you make me want to finish it. You embody my faith in the realm, in the good people of the other regions, different though they may be. They all deserve a good peaceful life. You deserve a good life, and I pray that you eventually leave your ungrateful lover and find happiness with whichever lucky man you choose.

So know this, my precious Zea. Tomorrow, I fight for you. For all the wisdom you have given me, the humanity that you helped me hold on to, the doubts you destroyed. I will fight in your honour. When before I fought for Kelvia, or Balia or myself. Tomorrow, I fight for you. The one whom above all else brought me this far, beyond all expectations. I will fight, and if I die, I will die for you.

Your secret champion,

-Volren

* * * * *

My dear brave Volren,

I once again weep as I write you, full of helpless fear that this letter will never reach you. I have waited, hoping to hear the outcome of the battle, but strangely no word has come. I have also waited out of avoidance, mired with guilt at my petty, selfish words. Of course you would not wish to keep secrets from your lover. How could I admire you if you did? I am still perturbed that she knows of me, and has read any of my letters, but I am sorry that I let my jealousy overtake me, and took it out on the man about whom I care so deeply.

Your words meant so much. The thought of you, as my champion, fighting and willing to die for me, dedicating his greatest battle to me, fills me with feelings beyond anything any man has ever given me. Every inch of my body yearns to know you are still alive and still fighting, for the realm, and for me.

If you are still alive, know that the King is poorly prepared for a siege. His hubris has prevented him from stockpiling goods of any significance, thinking it would make him seem uncertain or weak. Though he now scrambles to do so, as the lack of news from the battle has made his doubts finally show. If you have prevailed, wasting no time in heading straight to our city will further prevent him from reinforcing himself, and leave him helpless and cornered.

If you are still alive, know that I again am sorry for my jealous words. Balia has been your lover for years, and a good man would not walk away easily from that. I hope though, that you will forgive my dreaming, that maybe, if a life by your side in leadership is not to her liking, and if after we meet that I am to your liking, that perhaps anything is possible. I cannot bear the thought of you dying without knowing that this is my dream.

If you are still alive, please, come and save me.

Your fearful, yearning dove,

-ZEA

* * * * *

Dear Zea,

Rejoice my dove. I am still alive, and I am coming to save you. You may have already heard this, for as our army approaches closer, we can no longer keep outriders and scouts from escaping back to Alanaris.

It was a hard battle but Groldur held out valiantly until we were able to reinforce him. The king's general did indeed underestimate my army's numbers, and it was his downfall. Our split forces eventually were able to bear down on them from 3 sides and they finally surrendered with none escaping. I held back my own men and was eventually able to convince Groldur to leave them alive as well. I also convinced him to offer them to join, and to trust their choice by offering the alternative to flee in the opposite direction away from the capital. Most chose to join, and now work for us willingly, spread throughout the army under close supervision. They seem appreciative and many have already divulged much information about Alanaris, verified with others to be true.

So, it is with cautious optimism we ride to you, likely to arrive in a few days time. My main concern is trying to capture Alanaris without destroying it and harming its people, especially you.

Groldur agrees, though shows less concern. He is simply a more hardened man. He admits he eventually adopted my techniques of diplomacy and started offering fealty instead of the conquered's choice as well, near the end of his campaign, but with far less success. He admits he doubted my tactics when he heard of them, but the size of the force that I now command, and the eagerness with which they follow, has his doubts quickly fading.

I am glad my words earned your forgiveness, and rest assured I still hold no ill will towards you. I don't know how I ever could. I can't wait to finally meet you, and again, hope that you stay safe as the war comes to a head. If we prevail, I promise you I will still continue to value your thoughts, and hope you continue to offer them, to me, and to the realm.

Your fervent warrior,

-Volren

* * * * *

Vol then looked at the latest letter from her, singing his praises again, and warning him of last night's attack. He had already read it two or three times. Her letters were almost addictive. Each time he read them her nuance of attraction was more plain to him even from the beginning. It felt too good not to relish in it. He supposed many warriors, including Balia, would scoff at the idea of needing to hear praises and admiration from simpering followers. Zea was not so simple though. He respected her intelligence enough to trust her opinion of him, that she was not just some starry-eyed naive girl. Also, her praises were not unconditional, as her jealous letter had shown. That had felt good in a way too, he was loathe to admit.

He had tried not to imagine too much of what she might be like, but despite this an image had formed in his mind. Likely at least somewhat attractive, if what she had said of men's attentions on her was true, but she likely wouldn't be one to flaunt it. Probably a simple braid of brown hair, possibly reading-glasses under intelligent but kind eyes, and a warm, nervous smile. He didn't know why, but he thought she probably had a few light freckles. A woman of simple prettiness, but in a pure and approachable way. He wondered what her body would be like. Softer and more tender perhaps, like the Baron's wife...

He felt his cock twitching to life, and he shook his head and smirked at himself and his fantasy, as he picked up his pen and started to write.

* * * * *

Dear Zea,

I have sent this dove out in the dark of night, and I hope that is enough to keep him concealed from any watchers in the city, and to keep you safe. Despite the upheaval this day has brought, my desire for your safety is one thing that has not changed.

Groldur is dead, as I am sure you know by now. I slew Feldig in retaliation, but vengeance, as ever, is a poor salve. I have been made Arch-Chieftain, as I suspect you will hear by tomorrow as well. Balia and I are now engaged, with plans to wed after the war, if and when we succeed.

I hope what you said is true and the King is ill-equipped for a prolonged siege, but I fear what he might do out of stubborn desperation. What do you know of his remaining generals?

For the first time I find myself wishing that there will be no more letters between us, because it will mean we have finally met.

Stay safe my precious confidant. I hope you can hide and avoid whatever conflict may come, and find me afterwards.

Your humble aspiring leader,

-Volren

* * * * *

"Writing more of your love letters?" Balia asked suddenly over his shoulder.

He jumped in surprise and she laughed, hugging her arms around his chest from behind and pressing her naked breasts against the back of his shoulders. He hadn't heard her wake up.

"Her information is more than vital, and if I don't get the dove away during the night, it might be seen," Vol said, trying to keep embarrassment from his voice.

"Mmmm, did you describe all the ways you will pleasure her when you finally hold her in your arms!??" she said, her voice dripping with mocking sarcasm.

"Please, Balia. I feel bad enough with how much I've led her on already, I never really set out to."

"Psshh, as if you didn't know. Don't worry, women like her use their feminine wiles to get men to do things all the time, it's only fair you should get to do the same if opportunity strikes."

"Oh and women like you don't?" he said, turning his head with a smile.

She dug her nails into his chest and bit his ear just enough to make him flinch. "Don't go searching for more scars Arch-Chieftain, you abuse your station."

He sighed as she relaxed. "I wish I knew more of what to ask her," he said. "The things I want to know would never fit on a letter that a dove could carry."

"The number of soldiers left, the types, archers or swordsmen, secret entrances, best places to start a fire...?" Balia offered. "Promise to fuck her sideways until she screams and I'm sure she'll tell you anything," she chuckled.

He ignored the last part. "What's more important is the makeup of the citizens, who has influence and could help control and appease an angry or panicking mob, what types of gestures of good will we could offer to stop a revolt if we do defeat the king," Vol explained.

Balia scoffed, "We'll control them as anyone does, we're an army with weapons, they'll have no choice," Balia said, massaging his pecs now.

"I intend to rule this realm Balia, not destroy it. There's more to the people's minds than the fear you can see looking down a nocked arrow."

Balia shrugged stubbornly, "Not in my experience."

"I know," Vol sighed.

If she detected his implication, she ignored it.

"Let's get this tick-ridden animal out of our tent anyway," she said, gesturing towards the dove. "I had half a mind to roast the little shit over a fire when I was hungry earlier."

Vol frowned, walking more quickly with the letter-cylinder to approach the bird before she did. "It's an intelligent animal Balia, I don't know how he's found us no matter where our army ends up. He's more than just an attractive chicken."

"I was kidding. ...mostly," Balia said, rolling her eyes with a smirk.

He attached the cylinder and tiny harness, and carried the dove to the back entrance of the tent.

"This 'tick-ridden animal' and the information he's carried has probably done more for the war effort than you, or any other warrior," Vol said matter of factly.

She scowled at him, and crossed her arms under her breasts.

He opened the flap and released the dove, watching it quickly fly up into the darkness beyond.

He closed the flap and turned around to a hard slap in the face.

"Less than a fucking bird now am I?" she bit at him.

He opened his eyes and rubbed his face. "I meant it more as a compliment to the dove, not an insult to you, Balia."

Her dark brown eyes bore into him, he wasn't sure if her nipples stood on end from the breeze when he had opened the flap, or something else. She suddenly made to slap him again but he caught her hand, and they struggled against each other.

"Perhaps you should just run after it and follow it over the wall to your doting little hand-maiden hmm?" she said, breathing hard, and not just from the effort of their struggle as her large dark nipples protruded firmly into his muscular chest.

"She'd be impossible to compare with you Balia, I'm sure," he said.

"You're damn right," she said, suddenly tripping him and landing on top of him on the floor, pinning him down with a wicked smile. "Don't you ever forget it."

"Forget you Balia?" he said, knocking her hands off his shoulders and rolling over to pin her down. "I'd never forget your wild love if I tried, you'd never let me," he smiled and kissed her.

She kissed back for a moment then bit his lip and gave a challenging stare as he flinched away. "Don't you dare try," she said and overpowered him to roll him over again. "I can see more and more women look at you like they want to try. I wanted to stab out some of their wandering eyes after our dance. Thinking they could win you from me," she said bitterly, but rolling her naked body against him and grinding against his hardening cock.

"They won't. They can't," Vol panted, not just from physical exertion as her hard, toned body overpowered him. He leaned up to kiss her again and this time she kissed back deeply and aggressively. He reached down and squeezed her hard ass and she moaned. He rolled her on to her back and started kissing her neck.

"Don't try to forget..." she panted, "how you worshipped me in that meadow when I stole your virginity all those years ago."

He smiled and relaxed his arms on her shoulders, but she immediately used the opportunity to flip him on to his back again. She pinned his arms above his head, and ground against his now-rock-hard cock.

"Don't forget how devastated your pimple-strewn face was for two years after, watching me take better warriors to bed, and slinking to your tent to rub yourself off as you dreamed of me," she said with a laugh.

He rolled on top of her, putting his full weight on her strong torso, panting into her hair and fingering the wet warmth between her powerful thighs. He replied, "Don't forget how I eventually entered that duelling competition, to everyone's jeering, and still won. How aggressively jealous you were seeing me sharing a mead jug with that other warrior-maiden afterwards. How you swooped in and all but beat her away. How hungrily you fucked me that night."

She grasped him tightly by his long hard erection and used it to roll him over. She pinned his head down with her own forehead, baring her teeth against his as their breath mixed. She slid her wet pussy along his throbbing tip.

"Don't forget how ecstatic that boy would be, looking into the future. That I accepted his wreath. How well he would treat me, how much he would cherish me."

"I do cherish you Balia!" he groaned as his tip entered her. "I love you."

"I know," she said and moaned with him as she slid the rest of his long pulsing shaft inside her. "Ohh, Volren I love you too. Just as long as you keep earning it."

"RGH! I will," he panted as she gave him a slow but forceful fuck. "I promise I will Balia."

"Forever?" she breathed huskily into his ear as her thighs squeezed his hips almost painfully.

He pushed hard to roll her on to her back again.

"And ever," he smiled, and started fucking her enthusiastically.

She smiled back vainly and clasped herself around him so hard she made him groan in pain for a few seconds before she relented and laughed with him as they rolled over again.

They half-wrestled, half-mated, as they tumbled over the tent floor, sweating and moaning, and grunting. He kissed her thick smooth tanned skin and massaged her taught muscles. She ran her nails over his rippling arms and back, and gave him affectionate bites and nibbles over his neck, shoulders and chest, as she squeezed him possessively.

Five minutes later he pounded her frantically from behind with her face pushed hard into the mattress, she rubbed her clit furiously with one hand and directed his fingers over her breast with the other.

"Come on! Why haven't you cum yet?" she demanded, sounding insulted through her cries of agonized passion.

"RRGH I'm close!" he panted.

"AH! Me too, but don't..." she moaned uncontrollably and started to shake, bucking her hips back into him so hard he thought their bones would shatter. She let out a low pitched wail and started cumming.

He pulled his tight muscled arm around her waist and felt his climax looming as he grunted and moaned.

"No not inside!" she suddenly exclaimed, and elbowed him in the chest, sending him lurching back and falling out of her.

As he grabbed his chest in pain, she grabbed his cock and directed it to her ass. He grunted as he entered her tight hole, and she bucked her hips back into him. Her red face looking back at him expectantly.

He grasped her sturdy, narrow hips and pounded into her, slapping against the hard muscles of her ass, almost in frustration, and then all thoughts left his head as he came hard. He groaned and shook, and finally, after emptying himself, collapsed onto her back.

He rolled on his side and stayed pressed against her, spooning her affectionately and kissing her neck, but she gave him another painful elbow in the side.

"That was close Vol, I told you my cycle is too fertile right now."

"I'm sorry Balia, I was caught up in the moment" he said, taking a hand away from her to rub his acheing side again.

"I don't even know if they have any moon-root left if you had been that foolish. It's been getting hard to find with the armies combined again. A child is the last thing I want right now," she said, matter-of-factly.

Vol was silent for a moment, then asked cautiously. "The LAST thing?"

"Right now at least, yes," she said annoyedly. "A marriage wreath isn't going to change my mind that quickly."

"Some day though?" he confirmed, knowing she had promised as much.

To his surprise, she was silent.

"They will expect it, especially if I become king," he finally said, softly.

"I know," she replied petulantly. "But I am a warrior maiden, I will not give that up quickly or easily."

He stayed silent, not wanting to prod her sudden anger.

She continued bitterly, "If you were still desperate to spread your seed you should not have given me a marriage wreath, so then you could continue to go around ravishing baron's wives."

He frowned. "Balia you mocked me for the times I DIDN'T invoke the conquered's choice, even when the fealty and support I won from it made the difference in the war. You've done it yourself countless times, taking husbands even within the last month if I remember your words."

"I KNOW. That's not what I meant. I'm a proud Kelvik, don't you dare doubt that."

"I never have. That's why your jealous words are confusing me. Why her more than any other."

She paused. "They... they say, in Ralvia, you spent all night in her bedroom."

Vol remembered relishing in her and being easily swayed by her pleas for him to stay the night. He covered it with a shrug, "She had the most comfortable bed in the city, and it had been an exhausting day. It's hardly rare for a warrior-..."