All Comments on 'The Corner Table at Mickey's Pt. 03'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Mindfuck81Mindfuck81over 3 years ago
I am loving your style

I like your writing. You keep a good tempo and it flows really well. I am liking the characters more and more. I find myself looking forward to seeing the next episode. Going to see if you have other stuff to read meanwhile.

Thank you.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 3 years ago
Too short!

Any really good story is always too short. And now I'm a bit melancholy because there's only one more to go.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Another great chapter.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 3 years ago

Still love it! Such a great story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

I look forward to the next chapter!

5

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years ago
Comment

A most excellent chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An excellent story!

Well written and edited with a very good plot - one that I hope isn't based on personal experience.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Who’s left

Robin is out cuz of DH, Addison is too job oriented, leaves Mallory but then again never can tell with this author. Chasten is an excellent tale weaver and knows how to keep the twists turns and plot evolving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awww...come on.

When is the next installment coming out? Great story...thanks. All 5's from me!

A Treat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm starting to not like Mallory

I love the series and can't wait for #4.

After a second read I still come away now thinking Mallory is shallow. The talk with Robin about Mallory's choice of guys was great. They are not up to her intellect but she likes the athletic build or body builder type of men. Robin convinces her that Jim is the perfect guy only he has an average build so why not have him work out more so she can mould his exterior appearance to Mallory's liking.

So rather then accept Jim or fall in love with Jim as he is - average but healthy guy with great intellect and social skills, make him who he is not? What happens when Jim can no longer keep up that exterior appearance? What if he ends up with a medical condition that precludes the workouts required to have big muscles, lean, a six pack? What if it is a leg injury or something like that. He is still Jim, just average once again.

Similar to stories where the beautiful tone cheerleader finds herself in 10 years after giving birth to 3 children. A little pudge in the lower abdomen and breasts that finally need a bra. Not every husband cares or may even notice. They still see the wonderful lover and mother they have and appreciate. This reads like the reverse where Mallory would have the wandering eye and divorce.

I was surprised Robin never said Mallory's issue may be a result of Michaels treatment and have her seek professional help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If you enter into a relationship hoping you can "fix" someone, it never goes where you expect it to go. You cannot change someone. They can change themselves if they WANT it. Need is irrelevant. A lot of people need to change. Addicts of all types need to change. The only ones who succeed in changing make the decision. Sure, others can be part of the reason to "want" but as a means to begin a relationship? If you put Jim on my "couch" (I do actually have one and before you ask, no one has ever lied down on it), I would frown at the prospect.

It's a lovely story and I am certain it will result in a lovely ending but... I just can't help looking at this through my own understanding and experience

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

All good, but have problem understanding the scene with the school photos. More particularly what language they were speaking as it seemed to be about an inside joke that you forgot to tell the reader about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

too many characters, too few linkages ...too much guessing who's saying what, to whom and why ...bones of a good story, just extremely convoluted storytelling

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Sense

If Jim had any sense,after Mallory's unwarranted tirade,he would never have spoken to her again.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

The whole story was worth that one line, to paraphrase: You worked so hard to turn buff guys into nice guys, why aren't you willing to try to turn a nice guy into a buff guy? Wonderfully said. Had to give the author 5 stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

just awesome. never heard of Road to Damascus meaning an AHA moment

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this entire series - thank you!

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz7 months ago

The excellence continues. Thanks again for sharing your talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

SIMILAR Stories