All Comments on 'The Cost: IOU'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 231 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great read!!!!

Yeh, a little "sweet and sloppy" but still a great read. Don't be a stranger :)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very sentimental. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Meandering, formulaic

Meh!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Nice continuation

Enjoyed the further adventures.

Could have used a bit more angst or drama but still good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Yawn inducing, definitely NOT your best. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
An excellent sequel - a real rarity

I rarely read sequels, especially to a great story, because they so frequently fail dismally to meet the standard set by the original and a badly written sequel can ruin the original story for me.

This is an exception to that rule. Your story is well written, enjoyable and follows on from qhml1's without changing anything.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

PaulFelly

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
Nailed it

You did the original justice, not am easy thing to do.And in the mood I am in, I am glad for the romantic ending:)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
People are strange

A previous post noted that 'nice people' could not do such terrible things. I disagree. People are rarely pure good or pure evil. While pursuing an evil cause, good might be done. While pursuing a good cause, evil might be done. (the Inquisition, the Crusades, Jihad) People are often irrational and convince themselves that their behavior is OK. They are then dismayed when nobody else agrees with them. Both qhml1 and DFWbeast have done a great job with these two stories; Leslie is a very human, and yet quite despicable villainess. Thanks.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 7 years ago
Fitting sequel

The original story is one of my favorite shorts on Lit and my impression is you performed very well in fleshing out a strongly tied continuation. It's difficult to pick up the mindset where someone else once tread but you pulled it off seamlessly. I gave it five stars.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story.

You know what? I'm just thrilled to be able to read stories by my favorite authors. All the anons should try writing a story someday. It might change your perspective on comments. Thank you for the effort. Good solid story with believable dialog.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good

Took nothing away from the original story in my view.

5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't understand

Some of the criticisms..."Leslie was a nice person," who cheats on hubby "because she can," with her own sister's hubby! That's a double betrayal. How many "nice people " do you know, who do things like that for no good reason, and plan to continue them?

Story jumping around... I didn't notice that until I read the word "epilogue" which pretty much tells you that you're jumping a few years down the road.

Phooey.

Slightly predictable...but only once Amanda's character was brought in.

It still gets a 5 from me.

Keep on writing, Beast...you're one of the best! BigK

TwopullTwopullabout 7 years ago
Why?

The original was a classic because it was understated and a powerhouse of below the skin emotions. You completely destroyed it with an over the top melodrama which is so loud that my ear drums are bursting.... There is nothing wrong with writing sequels. But at least one should get the essence and soul of the original and keep that intact.

Highly disappointed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
??????????????????

Sometimes it's better to leave the original as it is, this is one of those cases. This sequel leaves a lot to be desired. The ending was very poorly written, one time it's the middle of the story the next moment it the ending, what happened in between?

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 7 years ago
As usual, very good work

on a "special" day. I have always enjoyed your stories and like this one as well. I think you have done justice to qhml1's story(he is one of my favorites too).

Hope to see more from you very soon. Thanks for the hard work

Woodmanone

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Nice story, but

I didn't feel it was true to the original characters of Leslie and Kenny; Leslie in particular. In reading Qhm1's original story, I feel that Leslie was a much nicer and kinder person than you portrayed in this story.

Which makes writing a dramatic follow-on much more challenging, I know. A more realistic sequel, in my opinion, would be one in which Leslie quietly accepts the divorce, then redeems herself sometime in the future, perhaps by saving the life of Kenny or Kenny and Amanada's child.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
What Sbrooks Said

I too was pulling for Kenny and Jill for a while.....but Amanda with one in the yard and one in the oven works just fine, too.

Thanks for this lovely coda to a sad, but excellent flash tale from the great Q.

Happy Legends Day!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
I was wrong

I never felt the original story needed a continuation. This proved me wrong. Yep, it's a bit sugary in the end but so what? I like a little sweetness every now and then. 5*

Floydfan1964Floydfan1964about 7 years ago
Excellent tribute

Excellent tribute to one of my favorite stories on literotica.

Pappy7Pappy7about 7 years ago
Done well, and well done.

I enjoyed the piece and am glad you and the others got back to writing on this good for us day. Thanks for sharing and thanks to Randi for her instigation. Solid 5 all the way.

TexasBBTexasBBabout 7 years ago
Good Finish

Liked how you had it turn out for everyone. Thought it was a very worthy tribute and a good finish to a classic LW story

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Very Nice

Felt it was about 4.5, rounded up to 5.

I was hoping for Ken and Jill, though!

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Nice

This was a very nice continuation of the original story and the characters within. Well done.

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 7 years ago
What Happened After the Confrontation

An enjoyable story from one of my favorite authors. The 1-star commenter seemed to think it was all lollipops and rainbows, but most of the story was about the aftermath of discovery, the shared suffering of the whole family, and the confusion and lack of self esteem felt by the betrayed. Double betrayal like that is especially difficult. I especially liked his take-down of Les in the cafe-good speech.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THATS THE TROUBLE WITH IOUs

the coin of the realm has to be paid by others, TK U MLJ LV NV

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Loved it, Thank you.

It wasn't a necessary epilogue but it did add entertainment value to the story. I remember thinking when I read the original that I would love to know the rest of the story. I am very pleased to have this one to fulfill that wish.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Worse

You know what is worse than being a "heartless, cheating bitch"? It is being what Leslie really was: selfish to the point of exceeding her meager intelligence: an arrogant fool. That is not an anomaly, or something that you can change, it is a personality type. She is stuck with it for the rest of her life. Thankfully, Kenny and others did not have be stuck with her.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Yeah

Great sequel to one of my favorite tales. Here the good people win. The cheaters and the liars lose. The best way to end an LW tale.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well, it starts

Great story by a great author and some anonymous prick who hasn't bathed in 100 days comes along and leaves his foul stench in the room. I gave this great story a five. All of us aren't assholes,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1 star

It may not have a RAAC; but everything else was by the numbers. Cuckolded husband hooks up with hotter woman and lives happily ever after while the cheaters suffer disgrace, impoverishment and a butt load of karma.

I hate that because it doesnt do anyone justice. Thanks for wasting my time.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtabout 7 years ago
Debit or Credit?

Stylistically it's something completely different. From a conversation on the porch that takes as much time to read as be spoken, we go to multiple time/place snippets. Loving Wives stories are subject to cliche overload, Q avoided this - or put his own spin on it - by talking about the LW cliches, so that they occur in his voice. Yours was the more standard, this happen, that happened, this reaction and that. It just bogs the whole thing down. It was a reasonable summation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...