All Comments on 'The Cost'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 706 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

best story ive ever read .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was the perfect revenge . Now Jerry will be looking over his shoulder forever . My Ex left Me for a guy whose family had lots of Money . He gave her 2 kids and then left her for a younger Lady .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Perfect!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Revenge? Where? Absolutely nothing in the way of restoring his pride and self respect in this. Just a wimpy "You won't have my kids". Like she can't spawn some with another man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

best story you've ever written .

i cant believe you didn't write a long boring, meandering raac to force him to cuck and take the whore back like you normally do .

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

Simple and appropriate. And a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Read the sequel to this story by a different writer. Ruined the enjoyment of your initial story. You need to finish, if not one one ending, then two. Someone finishing a story by a different writer, never has the feelings of the original.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69almost 2 years ago

I just re-read this. Its been a quite some time since I read it for the first time. Its one of those storied that remains with one, as its pretty near perfect.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

What more is there to say to a cheater, except goodbye? The best revenge is living life to it's fullness and being a good person. Revenge will not make your life any better. Great story and the other one the other recommended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

God, I wish that I had the guts to do that but I stayed. I stayed and gritted my teeth through 44 years until I realized I had been able to keep her from sharing her intimacy with anyone else through the years, as much as I could. My revenge was watching her get old and gray, her beauty wasted on someone that had stopped loving her 40 years ago... oh, I wasn't celibate. I had my fun and used women for the whores they all are...

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

He should tell the older sister that her sister fucked her husband. She has a right to know.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Done as it should be in a perfect society/world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, so well done! The way you wrote it, Jerry will be found out by her sister. No way he gets off the hook. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Short and sweet. I glad I married a most loving, giving, unselfish woman. What horror could be worse the a selfish, unloving woman who does not care whom she hurts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good but a little short on the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lmao. He sided with the cheaters when he decided not to tell the sister.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story but I’m disappointed that he didn’t tell the family what happened. Who knows what she’ll say. Esp the sister when she called. 5 stars. -/ Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant commentary on self-centredness.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 2 years ago

Agreed on 'Scenes' and this is equally good. I also agree with other comments that remaining silent aids the cheaters. Perhaps he could tell just her parents, and let it trickle downhill from there.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

I've already took what I wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thanks for doing such a great job in the telling of it. You do need an editor, I believe. Take is conjugated as: Take,took, taken as in I took it all, I will take, I have taken. Just a wee hint, it helps the sentence flow, much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a stab in the back of her sister who raised her. Total selfcenteredness. Imagine her kids living in such an environment!

1*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heart ripping story and felt true to form. Yes, people don't always speak with perfect diction, and I know many of my friends and family speak the same way. I never cared for folk that talked all proper snooty. In my opinion most of them aint worth a tinkers damn. Have fun and take care Y'all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best revenge stories written here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Was the correct choice. She was remorseless and would forever cheat. She stabbed him in the back with that audio. He could never forgive or trust her after that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A real bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hard to do. But more realistic than the over the top revenge. I would like to read one where he gets his revenge in part 1 or very early in the story, but they see each other multiple times in the future. Don't get me wrong but the guy needs to do well. May have his athletic kid smash his dads ex wife, who is now his teacher. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again

Still great

Mojo648Mojo648over 1 year ago

What , so he walks to his vehicle and she grabs his arm so she can talk, (all he can say is "dont touch me again and I've done something I swore I'd never do to you, I lied") then he gets in and drives off, leaving her to cry?

WHERES THE BLOODY REVENGE,

WHAT HAPPEN TO DIVORCE,

WHAT HAPPEN TO BREAKING THAT WANKERS LEGS OR ARMS, (after divorcing the wife)

I know it's your decision to end it like this, but please, just 1 more chapter covering what happens next please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just PERFECT the way it’s written…qhml1 is a true storyteller! Five big stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That truly is the results for being found out. The “never wills” I know this has happened to a lot of people but it’s too bad they couldn’t think of the “never wills” before their immediate needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some ask why and others ask the cheaters selected each other. They cheated because they were selfish and wrongfully wanted variety. They chose each other because they felt an attraction and thought because of the in-law situation, it was safe and they would never get caught. Anyone seeing them together anywhere - except at a hotel - would think nothing of it. They could phone each other at home without suspicion. It was perfect except for getting caught.

My only problem with the story is that the sister (betrayed wife) needs to know. The story infers that Kenny will do something (tell? he still has the audio tape and pictures) if Les doesn't tell her family; but it needs to be more clear. As written, Kenny has no way of knowing what the sister and her father are told. Also, Jerry should be more clearly identified as the sister's husband.

krazicat99krazicat99over 1 year ago

A great story, a great ending, or a great end to a chapter. I would like to know more about their future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would like to know the aftermath

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Wow, so powerful, The tape did for her, she got what she deserved. Just as bad was her betrayal of her sister, i think the husband let her sister down just as bad, by not telling her, he let his wife and Jerry have a free rien to carry on cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautifully done!

Thanks for the story and your wonderful talent. Your efforts are seriously appreciated by this guy who couldn't write fiction if he tried. 5 stars

Merlin

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99over 1 year ago

He still loved her, but he could not forget her betrayal.

Him telling her that they were done was one of the most heart-wrenching things written on here, and it hurt him more than her. Telling her that their dreams are now dead left me feeling empty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrible ending

RamazaRamazaover 1 year ago

way to short, and they got off too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to say this author captured perfectly how soul crushing it is to find the one you love, does not love you. Cheaters are selfish and vile. No one can hurt you more than the one you love. The husband telling the wife all the dreams she lost was when I really felt it, the loss from my ex doing the same to me. It's been years and yet a simple story reminded me of my forgotten pain. Well done. The ending wasn't as good as it could have been the sister in law should have been told as well as her parents. Never cover for cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just one of the very best examples of this kind of story ever posted here. If any tale ever deserved a perfect score…it was this one.

.

5 *****

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I would have wanted to hear what she said before showing her the door. Would also have told her sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A story that was destined to be great. But the ending or lack of one, changed that. Still time to rectify that. But stories like this along with an abrupt ending point to the authors mindset. Failed as a story of high caliber. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant!

Must agree with Anonymous below: "Just one of the very best examples of this kind of story ever posted here. If any tale ever deserved a perfect score…it was this one."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really good start. Now it just needs the aftermath.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Well that story was heart wrenching and Great! Good Writing, Good Story. Reminds me how I was at work one night. I suddenly had a bad feeling. The feeling told me to go down to this bar I had never been in before. It was dark about 8:30 or so. Pulling into the back parking lot I saw a young couple making out against the back wall of this bar. The woman looked familiar, as I walked closer I continued to watch them until I realized that this was my Bonnie. My Beautiful Busty Blonde Girl Friend that was living with me. They didn't notice me as they were busy swapping spit. So I pondered how to deal with this so that I won. That I didn't loose the current love of my life. I pondered jerking him off her and putting a world of hurt on him. Then it just came out of my mouth "Bonnie, how could you?" turned out that wasn't what I should have said. She acted 'scared' and over to his vehicle. They jumped in and drove back to the bar she worked at and ran inside. I followed. I ripped a bunch of wires off his engine then followed them inside. Then since she worked as a barmaid there I made a big scene to really embarrass her. LOL I didn't know at the time she was banging half the crew that worked in the bar. LOL but i found out later. What a slut. But she was beautiful. Really broke my heart. We broke up after that. I should have realized that she was "damaged goods" when she told me she had left her 3 or 4 kids in Arizona with her ex-husband. I am surprised that I didn't realize she wouldn't be faithful. LOL but she sure was beautiful. SUL Bonnie. what a beautiful set of eyes, smile and boobs. Your name is still tattooed on my shoulder. 5 stars to writer. Good Job, felt the intense heartache so well.

shadrachtshadrachtover 1 year ago

It feels unfinished. The action is all here, but the results don't feel like they're best left in the mind of the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with most. This story isn't finished. More chapters please. Was Jerry married? Of course he was with 2 kids. What about her family's reaction? Did Jerry and Les work together? You bet, and there was a morale code at the company, right? These are just some of the story that is not finished. Your readers are waiting. Good job so far. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A masterpiece! Ohio would approve. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Very well done. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

lots of bad grammar and syntax. i still read it, thanks.

lover1953lover1953over 1 year ago

This is probably your best work. 5 Stars.

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

I hate the commenting system on Literotica. It completely sucks...especially since 3/4s of the responses are marked Anonymous. It would be a little better if I could reply to a comment.

Someone said, "Was Jerry married?" Yes! Jerry was married to Les's SISTER!! Kenny said, "Your own sister, Leslie, how could you?" Leslie is a disgusting human being.

I really enjoy this story. Normally, I prefer longer stories written by any of the better writers, but this is just the perfect length. Just perfect. Kenny did it perfectly. Perfection all around. LOL

ohyessssssohyessssssover 1 year ago

Bad grammar? That’s all you noticed when you read this.? Ben Franklin was right, “it’s better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you a fool, than open it and remove all doubt” . It needs no follow up. This story was and is a masterpiece. . 5 + stars

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Any writer who doesn't want anonymous comments only has to go to their profile, to options and My Options. I think this writer has been gone from here for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What revenge?!? In order to “destroy someone with words”, that person has to have a conscience. If she had a conscience, she wouldn’t betray him. Ergo, this method would not work!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just too short. I'd like to hear the aftermath.

tanglosaxtanglosaxover 1 year ago

I just finished this story, for the second time. I agree with some other commenters: it's one of the best on Lit. I know the author is busy on other projects, but I hope he doesn't forget his admirers on Lit. Thanks for writing. Tanglosax

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I read this story a long time ago (I am over 70 and that could have been last week) and I liked this story for the simplicity, very little drama, no screaming and thankfully no violence. However, there were some serious feelings expressed that conveyed the anger, hurt, resentment and the extreme sense of loss for a carelessly destroyed marriage. It was a good read - thank you.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Another stupid selfish woman. They had no children but how can a man or a woman be so selfish to think only of themselves an drstroy a marriage for there own selish reasons.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

If only it were that easy. He was a stronger man than I. good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Do you really think there would be an aftermath? If there was it happen when he refused to hear her explanation. There could be no argument altering his evidence. The marriage was dead. Death by infidelity. Good story line. Well done. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bam! Nuff said. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a depressing story. Why do I read BTB loving wives revenge stories? Obviously it scratches an itch that many readers have, including myself, but they always leave me depressed. I get the same reaction to BDSM stories that are too cruel, esp femdom. depression and anger. Obviously, I should quit those genres. zDo any other readers have a similar "problem"? What did you do to get away from reading that shit? Obviously, just stopping, getting a hobby, etc.etc. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

People make mistakes.

This bitch is a narcissist.

She has always been one, and she will always be one.

Even if you kill the BIL, her next stud could be the next guy that flirts at her.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I loved the style of this story, it is pared down to the bare essentials and doesn't need anything more. We don't need to know why she did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time through. Brilliantly concise. You don't need metric-shit-tons worth of words to convey emotion and angst. Sometimes, the long stories are awesome, but more often it's these short-n-sweet ones that grab me the most ....... when they are executed as well as this, that is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

I liked Ohio's story. Thank you for referencing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The sil deserves to know her husband is cheating with her sister.

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

My theory has always been that a man doesn't need a woman who doesn't want him. One instance of proof of that is enough to put the cap on the bottle and move on. This is a nice story that basically is the vehicle for a monologue on the hazards of being unfaithful, and it was very nicely done, An enjoyable read.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianover 1 year ago

Great story. Well written and well thought out. I loved how he broke it off with her. She’ll never forget what she did. Keep u the good work. MtM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I would have took my knowledge of your affair to the grave."

"I've already took what I wanted."

taken

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tragic but well written. He may or may not ever find another woman, but he did what he had to do. Get as far away, as quickly as possible from a self-absorbed, lying cheating skank bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tough one but realistic. Some people just don't stop to think what they are doing to loved ones especially in the heat of passion. That one short moment of in time, one poor decision ended a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've already took what I wanted.??? AS IN I have already TOOK what I wanted??? Oh well it did POP out when I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You’re a great writer but it’s “have taken,” not “have took” 😬. Geezus. Like fingernails on the blackboard. 🥴 Learn the difference. You’re far too great a storyteller to make THAT mistake, repeatedly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"but it’s “have taken,” not “have took” 😬."

Point tooken... 🤣🤗😋☺️

But Ohio didn't "say" that." The honorable dumb hick "said that."

I liked it would have liked another half page or so of aftermath. Some folks dig quickies. Ah jus' ain't one'a them thar, is all. Udder wize, you done good.

muddman74muddman74over 1 year ago

Great start, but I would have loved to hear of some aftermath retribution for the nasty slut. Like her sister finding out she was married to a cheating bastard and cleaning his clock in court and maybe a good beat down on that slut of a sister. Still, a good 4 star effort, IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Right yo the heart of the matter. Great story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done, a concise, brief masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I gave you 5 ***** think there could have been more to the story like what happened after

johnstang2johnstang2about 1 year ago

Five Stars for realism except for one detail, I would not be waiting in the dark for her to return. Instead I would print out one of the photos, mark "How could you?" on it, and leave it on the counter for her to find along with my discarded wedding ring. All my belongings would be gone as well as me, she will never hear from me again. But the next day she would hear from my divorce attorney as she was being served.

johnstang2johnstang2about 1 year ago

I have just finished reading "Scenes From A Marriage" by Ohio. While that was a good story, I prefer this story and it's sequel written by DFWBeast.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 1 year ago

I had forgotten how good this story actually is. Excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why do people want to know what happened afterwards? They split, moved on or not , and lived the rest of their lives. So what? The drama is over and the players have left the stage. Situation set up, situation expounded, situation resolved. Most satisfactory writing! 5 stars

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Yeah, he said it all, the hurt due to cheating. It's the 40th anniversary of my first marriage of only 13 years and it still hurts. second reading and it says it all.

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Umm good story but like my marriage left me empty. I would have enjoyed just a little more closure, maybe I am a frustrated romantic but I would liked a bit more of a happy ending for him. Sad huh?

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Agree with JohnStang, Beast's conclusion is brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just more proof that every woman will be a lying, cheating slut when she thinks she can get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is probably the best story of its type on this site. Succinct and unambiguous. Why on earth people call for further detail or further action is beyond me.

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 1 year ago

(3/18/2023) Poetic. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

the best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why average?!

Truth will make you free. I firmly believe a foundation for everything

No honor,no trust.no respect etc if truth is not a foundation for everything

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short, sweet, to the point. My second time reading this author's story and I have concluded it's a classic. Her family will want to know what led to such a sudden break-up, and smell a rat from her vague explanations. Probably contact the soon to be Ex whose "backing up" would be just as vague. What a classic sequel would be of the sister finding out or logically deducing the sister's betrayal. Someone, if not qhml, should write a parallel sequel to this story.

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...