All Comments on 'The Cost'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 706 Comments (Page 3)
tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
IS THIS COST GOING TO TURN INTO

what is known as a "Dutch Treat" TK U MLJ LV NV

green117green117over 8 years ago
love is

not a blank check.

green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
gldngolfer

he nuked her better than you can imagine

most vengeful husbands take away what the slut already has

he took away her dreams for happily ever after, kids, and getting old together

he scorched her world, and left nothing but ashes

and in doing, gave himself a new lease on life

as for Leslie, maybe she'll blow what's left of her brains out with a shotgun

or maybe take some pills, or hang herself, maybe run her car in some garage somewhere. or maybe she'll just slowly fade until one day she's dead.

And she'll have done it all to herself.

me, I hope she lives a long life with a man who beats her, and suffers every time she sees Kenny with the woman he'll eventually find and their 4 kids.

Then I hope she kills herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is not an anonymous comment. I'm carvohi...

You're right about Ohio's story; in it's way it mirrors the emotions people feel. I doubt anyone urinated on a table of food though.

Boy, Huedog sure must have had his ashes hauled by some woman. I'll say I've never been even close to the stuff I've read or written. I have relatives who have, and they've often never fully recovered, a wound that will not heal.

This was a good short story; well worth five points.

Jedd Clampett

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeabout 8 years ago
Only If...

Only if she truly still loves him does this "revenge" mean anything at all.

Only if her heart is as broken as his, due to his leaving, is there any real pain for her.

Only if losing all the things he enumerated hurts her as badly as he hurts is there really any revenge here.

BUT, if she loved him would she have continued her affair so long?

But, if his heart breaking was important to her would she have reduced herself to a slut for another man?

But... but me no buts, she is a narcissistic, selfish, self-centered slut. By her actions, she proved she truly loved only herself. So, there is no revenge here, only self delusion by the husband that she would care.

Just My Opinion, YMMV

Morgan DeWolfe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
the cost

the story was not long enough and did not end wright

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
i ve said it before, & i'll say it again..

do you know the most effective & most brutal form of TORTURE?

waterboarding? sure the simulation of drowning is very scarry indeed, it can make a strong man admit things he never did,

Physical harm? sure it can make a person squeal like a pig, or whimper & gasp for the few remaining breath that they have left.

torture of loved ones? now we are getting warmer, of-course it can make the most resolved man to break when he see his child being hurt.

Even though all the above forms of torture are brutal & usually are effective, there lies a key element whose absence can make all forms of toruture redundant.

what is it you ask my dearie?

HOPE...

i know its not so dramatic now, but believe me, hope is the worst form of torture known, place a subject in a adverse situation, and instead of giving him/her pain & suffering, give them hope that they can escape their fate, they can be with their loved ones, their torture can end.... but you know its a lie.

Hope re-energizes & re-invigorates the tortured soul to endure either more suffering of muster courage to break his/her resolve. it really is like watchin a miracle before your eyes, to see a determined individual break their resolve & give in.

so what does it have to do with this story, Nothing. Am just illustrating a fact that he could have chosen to break her will, break her spirit, destroy her dignity.

he walks away instead, showing her the loss she has incurred.

BigBlue9295BigBlue9295about 8 years ago
Agree with Morgan

The comment about the punishment only working if she is really in love with him is spot on. The fundamental tenet of the story has to be that she is still madly in love with him for the punishment work.

As a result this couple has to be one of the couples where a reconciliation is possible. If we operate under that assumption then Kenny is hurting himself at least as much as her. I am not sure if that makes the story more compelling or prevents it from working.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Sister-In-Law

He should DEFINITELY tell his sister-in-law!

We know that there are at LEAST two other people who know - the person who initially told him, and the friend who followed her and took the picture. Surely SOMEONE will eventually tell her, and as others have said, wouldn't it be better coming from someone who cares for her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4*

It would've been a 5* if he had actually got back at his brother inlàw. He damn sure shouldn't have kept it a secret. He should've told her sister.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
ouch!!!

That had to hurt her ..... but only mentally.

She can spin this and in her mind, her version is honest and fair.

Kennys life has gone to hell, his future dreams shot to pieces ........ and all he wants is for Jerry to stay away from him !?

Just going to walk away and say nothing ?

Maybe a lack of passion is what made her look somewhere else ..... just saying is all ..

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
The wrong in this good story is...

The wrong in this good story is: "Even though she deserves the truth, I'll never tell her. I love her too much to inflict such pain..."!!! He loved his sister-in-law so much that he would let her stay married and live with a serial cheater!!! She not only deserved the truth, as she deserved that he told her up front...3*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Nice

What can be a better revenge than telling her she has destroyed her own future. Being the rotten cunt she is, she doesn't deserve one. Just a present filled with pain and regret.

Of course a fav.

dob092095dob092095almost 8 years ago
Her sister should be told.

I agree with a few other responders. I would want to know.

Tough call. I'm sure there are people being cheated on who suspect but put up with it as long as it's not shoved in their face. But I only know for sure how I'd feel. I'd want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She'll Find Out

He knows the sister will find out. That's the genius of the story: It was her friends who told him. People know. Great but sad short story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You have one weird idea of what revenge is.

If she would do and continue to do what she did with and say will continue to do in the future, then yeah she might cry at first, but it wont faze her much at all.

No, there was no revenge. Just a pussy slinking away from confrontation. He should have told the sister and had a reckoning with the husband.

Not that he should stay with her, hell no. Not even saying he should burn her. Just saying don't call it revenge and thinking your character is all that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice work !

Nice work ! I've been in this guy's shoes ; The author gave the guy a classy form of revenge . One that worked for this type of cheater. It would'nt have worked in my case, but nobody would want to hear of my sucky life . The bottom line of this story is to cut your losses and run quickly ; Get back in the saddle again and find that person that deserves you and that you deserve . The classier you treat the enemy works for you , not against you . You take away weapons that the enemy can use against you if you don't give them a reason to justify any hurtful words or actions towards them. Like I said ; Nicely done ! 5*****

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
One Thought

What could the extremely stupid cheating wife possibly say to her heartbroken, betrayed husband that would explain away her actions?

Damn

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I told a wife once...

That I had just learned her ex had had an affair for eight years of their marriage. She asked me why I was telling her. I said "Because everyone deserves to have their life make sense". Can you for one moment imagine how many suspicions and unspoken questions she must have had in those eight years?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh yeah a 5!

Not all revenge needs to be bloody. He gave her a gift that will keep on giving her pain again and again. Everything will come spilling out like water thru a colander . All he has to do is just walk on. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Underwhelming!

So Kenny just walked away? Can anyone say WIMP? THERE WAS NO COST AT ALL FOR THE CHEATERS. What does Leslie pay for destroying their marriage? Nothing valuable at all, just a bunch of what if's that she obviously didn't value or the affair would not have happened at all.

Leslie gets off scot-free, Jerry gets off scot-free and his wife, Leslie's sister, gets to live on in a marriage of lies and deceit! WEAK ASS, FUCKING WIMP KENNY.

BLUF = Kenny is a coward and a wimp to just walk away and leave the cheaters unpunished!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm confused

I really liked Scenes from a Marriage by Ohio and understood this was a follow-up - either as a sequel or prequel. If it is a prequel how do they end up having children? If it is a sequel there is no mention of the children described by Ohio in his story. I really liked your writing -- I'm just terribly confused...

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Re: I'm confused

This is a different story than Scenes from a Marriage.

Scenes from a Marriage was the inspiration for this story, not a sequel or prequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awakening?

This story is not very fulfilling. I would have loved to hear the wife´s side maybe she could have enlightened us into the Who, What, When, Where And Why of the affair. Because. Sometimes even though theres not another woman the husband can get so bloated with his volunteer work that he´s cheating his wife of his time with her to the point where she starts getting anxious for attention till some one someone comes along and gives her the attention she´s been craving. So the husband is not always the innocent bystander as he drove her to seek attention anywhere she could get it. Thats why I would love to have heard her explanation. Well just saying.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Hurting But A Genius

I am hoping that Leslie was not pregnant by Kenny at the time he left her. Since it was friends who told Kenny about the infidelity of his wife Leslie and his brother-in-law Jerry, Kenny will never have to say a word for the truth to spread. The news of her affair is probably already making the rounds through the community. It is simply a matter of time before Leslie's sister finds out about the affair and boots Jerry out and divorces him. Hopefully Kenny found out early enough to stave off serious financial ruin. He will find someone worthy of his love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anon-awakening

You need to read story again.

She and brother-in-law were just knocking off a quick piece.

Liken her affair to weekly racketball game while husband was at lodge.

And if she got caught according to her NO BIG DEAL

GlendaJaneGlendaJaneover 7 years ago
Surprised

I'm surprised to see your name as the writer of this story, you normally write much better stories than this offering, bad day ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
????

Ken has good thoughts (like Les' sister), and willing to help Les with the reason for divorce. Why do so many husbands wait to confront the wife? It looks like they really don’t want to save their marriage, otherwise they would step-up. Ken had pictures and investigated some more (WHY). If Ken wanted Les to stop then he should have confronted her before he did. It appears, Les wanted it both ways as long as she could, and probably would have lied, but.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry

Just can't see a women who is having an affair with her sister's husband spending a maudlin life, regretting the loss of her marriage.However one cuts it, the husband wimped out. I was not looking for violence but not telling the wronged women made no sense to me. The guy was too unbelievably saintly.

cockcriticcockcriticover 7 years ago
Cheating

He has gone quietly without fuss, but I would not think it not be so quiet if came across his current brother inlaw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn

This has to be the best revenge ever......bill

5ssss

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My take...

I think I would have said the same thing to Les about not telling her sister. Then I would have sent her the photos and any evidence by anonymous e-mail...the same way he was informed.

Anon 12/27/16: What's the point? In my eyes, once the deed is done, there's nothing left to save in the marriage. It is just time to get your questions answered if possible and gather any evidence to make the separation easier on you.

Morgan: I guess you don't know what you got until it's gone...

Anon Awakening?: Doesn't she have the responsibility to talk to him if she is feeling neglected? Instead of talking to him about she was feeling, she decided to go out hunting for different cock. Total Bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
meh

no revenge. lame end.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
short, succinct, just enough

He found out, got confirmation, and left after telling her why.

I agree with others, her sister deserves to know. What is important is not with whom he is cheating, but that he is so blatantly and without remorse doing it. Yes, that it is her sister makes it worse, but that is a complication. She should know regardless of the partner in the bed.

The future relationship between the sisters is a betrayal beyond reconciliation.

Nasty.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Correction

I need to correct a comment I made a while ago. It wasn't the person who TOLD him that he was avoiding, he didn't know who that was. He was avoiding the person who took the pictures, and I don't understand his animosity towards that person, since HE was the one who asked that person to follow his wife.

auhunter04auhunter04about 7 years ago
Dear Anom

Revenge is under rated and costs the one taking the revenge more than the receiver.

Think about it, all the effort that goes into plotting and execution the revenge takes time and emotion away from the giver. The receiver has none of that.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Just one major fly to this BURN. For 2wks they've been humping off the pill. What if she is knocked up? DNA test to discover the real father, but that delays the divorce and Les must endure that much more pain longer.

Open end; how/what did she tell the family and what did it do to her sister?

Nice one pager BURN but too many hanging ends. Sequel!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

I don't understand those who want him to listen to her. What could she POSSIBLY say that would change his mind? Even if he could SOMEHOW forgive her for cheating on him, doing it for some meaningless sex with the husband of the sister who raised her?

I'm still confused about the "Kenny taking up the slack" comment. That implies that the lover is providing the main loving!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
How about these reasons:

1) Jerry convinced me that you were fucking Leslie, he showed me photos.

2) Jerry drugged me the first time, took photos, and was blackmailing me.

3) Jerry is a psychopath and threatened to kill Leslie and you if I didn't fuck him.

4) You cock is just too big. I can enjoy Jerry, repeatedly, while you hurt me.

5) Jerry won the lottery, and convinced me we would eventually run off together.

6) Leslie and I have been lovers since we were children. Jerry found out and lets Leslie and I continue as long as I fuck him once a week.

7) Leslie found out Jerry is sterile, but Jerry doesn't know. The plan was for me to fuck Jerry enough so that he couldn't complain when Leslie wanted to fuck you, and unknown to Jerry have your baby.

8) That's not me on the voice recorder dummy, that's my twin sister Eve. She's a slut, so I can only let her out once a week, or she might interfere with our marriage.

There could be lots of reasons why his wife was fucking Jerry. An intelligent man would want to know why, because intelligence always wants to understand why things happen. So he ends up looking even more stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@lostriderman

Do you realize what an idiot everyone here thinks you are?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Simple but not bad at all. Keep it up

Dont listen to previous comments as its always easy to criticize but hard to write. and yes even though story was small but thats why it is separate from other stories.

Write for yourself as you are doing it for free and you dont need to please others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!

Aw, yes! The ultimate revenge.....NOT! How about WIMP! Find Jerry and beat the piss out of him! Make sure he can never use his cock again! Then let her explain THAT to her family!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
A piece of everyday, real life...

This is as realistic a cheating wife story you will get around here.

The man explained, in great details, his knowledge of his wife's betrayal, his attempts to rationalize, even excuse her depraved behavior, his eventual realization that she'll never change, and his ultimate decision to life her forever.

So I seriously do not understand what a lot of people are bitching about here. Yeah, he didn't give her chance to give her side of the story... So? As the injured party, Kenny has total discretion when it comes to deciding whether or not he wants to know the 'why' behind Les' infidelity. The truth of the matter is THERE'S NO GOOD REASON for her actions (hey, Anonymous on 06/01/17... don't take it the wrong way, but your entire list is GOD-AWFUL... by posting it, you've essentially proved without a doubt that Kenny ignoring the 'why' of it all was the right thing to do!)

As of the rest of the butt-hurt anons calling the main character "WIMP!" incorrectly, or leaving enlightened notes like "Yo, he should have beat up Jerry! And castrated him afterward! Yes, that's what people do in real life!"... Sigh.

As always: grow up, you sad babies.

The one complaint I will DEFINITELY strongly seconded is Kenny's dumbass decision to not tell his sister-in-law that her husband is banging her own sister. Sorry, but, if he truly loved her as much as he claimed he did, he would never leave her to wallow unknowingly in such a sad situation. Hey, sent her an email though a public account too! Friends don't let friends stay with cheating spouses.

That's pretty much my only issue with this overall simple, satisfying tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1* Wimpy Cuck Crap

You have no talent for Btb. Btb requires a strong man and that aint you. Give it up.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 6 years ago
Let me Think...

Oh yeah, in response to anon, anger is the sign of a weak mind. A person that can't deal with frustration, sadness, helplessness, hopelessness, losing or even making mistakes gets angry instead and usually lashes out. That way it makes them feel like they have some sense of control. Yes, they are very insecure. Great story about a no nonsense guy that realizes her character flaw may never be cured and to give her another chance would probably kill him next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good bye!

Sometimes a good bye is a real tear jerker. Especially when the one hurt just let's the other know they know and walks away never giving any satisfaction of explanation. Been there, didn't help the hurt, didn't prolong any worse pain. I still see her 46 years later and see her shame. I did care but what difference did caring make? It was dead! But I carry the pages of what could have been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Selstim

U appear to be a learned person. But u r forgetting that anger is natural emotional response. Without it u r not a complete person. Control it yes. He just needs to be calculating in his revenge on his brother in law

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"anger is natural emotional response"

wtf?

As if that says anything - obviously some folks have weak minds and some have strong minds - the tension between logic and emotion determines much in this world, peruse the comments on any LW story and it becomes pretty clear which side folks fall on.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Wow!

Another little masterpiece.

5-stars

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago

Love his decisiveness, but his punishment only matters if she really loves him, which given her actions is doubtful. And let's be honest, if she makes it to her golden anniversary with a new husband, she will not be thinking of how it's not him with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A real man would jizz at the thought of his wife being a hot wife and being a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anon 10-15-17

One question. What type of scumbag cunt are you and why are you wasting oxygen on this planet.

Go somewhere, then eat shit and die.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nothing

This is nothing of a story.It should have continued with what he did in the future,what happened to her.Did she tell the family the truth or did her sister find out,surely Kenny told her what a cheating husband she had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hey, Anonymous Nothing

Make up (or write) your own ending. It is a very good Short Story.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
Cliche reasoning that annoys the shit out of me

"Even though she deserves the truth, I'll never tell her. I love her too much to inflict such pain."

Not telling the cheated spouse the truth, because it will hurt them, is the ORIGINAL LOGIC OF THE CHEATER, that let them justify their actions in the first place!

How could anyone be so stupid? At least while condemning cheating?? I read this in so many fucking stories. And just as many stories mention how humiliating it was that other people knew about a spouse's infidelity once they find out.

Spastic logic. If it's someone you care about at all, you're an accomplice to their eventual humiliation the second you decide to stay quiet. And they'll be right to disown your worthless arse if they find out that you knew and didn't tell them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wondering

This is a brief out line of something that we gone on.Why not information on that and a follow up on what happened next .Did her sister find outl

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Very nice.

Second time around reading this story and still a terrific Let's story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
I've said it before...

rarely do I read a story more than once. There are a few stories that keep pulling me back, "Separate Vacations," for one...this one for another. I always say it's hard to write a one page story. Of course if anyone can, qhml1 can, and did.

5 stars once again. I'll probably read this again in a few months. Thanks for a great story.

carvohicarvohiover 6 years ago
Crazy but interesting...

I've read this two or three times before, loved it every time, but I've never left a comment.

This is a marvelous little piece. One of the very best!

Jedd Clampett

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
2 time around.

A great little story. *****

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Not bad, but it needs a follow up

Not a bad little story, but it needs a follow-up. We need to see and hear more of the ramification for both of them and her sister and her Twat Waffle Hubby. More into what friends and her family would have done. This is something that pits sister against sister. It just needs...... More.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best response ... "what ever"

Personally, I wish she had said "don't let the door hit ya..."

Look, being married is an agreement, which is flexible and frankly is pretty old fashioned. I don't believe it is work the time or trouble to get involved in. And as for "growing old together" please - IT NEVER HAPPENS! Most people have one or the other die LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGG before the other. Statistically you have a better chance of hitting some sort of lottery winnings that having both people die anywhere physically or chronologically near each other. Best way to go, have fun, live life, fuck kids they are NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE and see what you see before you take the dirt nap. EVERYONE DIES ALONE. Worked in healthcare for 20 years, I can count on one hand the number of people who died with anyone but medical staff with them, I can tell you of dozens of times I have had to call security of people who were fighting in the waiting room (vulture hall as we call it, or ghoul room sometimes) over who gets what.

cordialddcordialddabout 6 years ago
I think she already said whatever...

He doesn't have to give the twofaced woman anything.

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21about 6 years ago
Anonymous 2/15/18

If that’s all you have to say after reading that story you are a poor excuse of a people. I didn’t want to use the term person but, I don’t think you could CARE.

The story is very short and to the point of a wronged husband in a lot of pain.

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21about 6 years ago
Anonymous 2/15/18

My spouse was on hospice at home for years before she passed from cancer. When she passed she was Not alone and she was at home surrounded by her things and me. I got to see her last smile and I’m sure others have experience something like that, but knowing you won’t gives me a funny great little feeling.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 6 years ago
@ anonymous, "best response."

You are a very sad human, or perhaps you are one of those "ghouls" of which you speak.

Everyone thanks you for your enlightening speech about what marriage is, but I think I'll stick to mine. My marriage is a life commitment to the man I love more than myself. He's a man for whom I would fight and die. My marriage is something that I would rather die than betray. An agreement? Yes, I suppose. I agreed to love and honor my husband. I agreed to put him first in my heart, to join him in creating for ourselves and our children dreams, hopes, a future I so desperately want to see. I agreed. Now, seven years later; I am still here, still in agreement.

I don't even think of going back and revisiting the terms of the agreement. I don't even think of unilaterally altering the terms. I have a partner, a life-mate, if you will, and whatever we decide with be decided together. Call me old-fashioned, if you will; that doesn't bother me. I suspect I'm younger than you by a very great deal.

You view yourself as having come to some superior enlightenment, I just view you as deluded. You have no idea of the joy I feel when I see my husband walk through the door after a day at work, the thrill I get from seeing our daughters run to hug him, the happiness in my heart when I see the look on his face as he holds our baby in his arms.

You will never know the safety and ecstasy I feel when we make love, knowing he loves me, in that way, and no other. You have given those feelings up for some pipe-dream of social engineers, gone horribly awry and causing so much misery in the lives of countless cynics, such as you.

You may have your cynicism, your bitter outlook on the world, I, and mine, will take our daily joy and be content with our old-fashioned marriage. It pleases me.

Don't presume to lecture me about marriage. I know better. Just go on your sad and pathetic way, and you have my pity.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Best Response anon

I'm sure that where you are concerned, for you, your beliefs are true.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
If

that doesn't make sense to you, google "self fulfilling prophecy".

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
blackrandi

You win the internet with that comment. that was a very well thought out, written and succinctly stated A$$kicking to that anon, I may have to emulate that the next time some dimwit scolds others who do not enjoy certain stories and decides they are somehow better and more evolved and enlightened. Nice work. Btw you can go home was a good story but id have NEVER taken her back, see ya lol

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
and just to explain

I mean the willing cuckold and RAAC stories that make no sense at all when written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5*

this story is not only well written , it's a correct reaction .

marriage is sacred .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Anonymous 02/15/18

My father died in my arms with Mom and brother in the room. Mom died with her sons in the room. Little brother died from surgery complications with his wife, daughters and brother in the room. Your statistics are terribly flawed.

I'll agree that marriage is not for everybody. It is for couples who are ready to commit their lives to one another. A marriage is like a child, frail and fragile at first, in need of love, support and devotion from both husband and wife. Then some bastard comes between the husband and wife and hands the wife a gun. She walks up to the baby and shoots it in the head, killing the poor marriage. So, when cheating wIfe begs her husband to take her back...it was just sex...I'll make it up to you...I'll never do it again...you can see how meaningless her words are. Reconciliation? You've got to be kidding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@notredame

To win the internet you must post something funny. While it may be funny to read an adult act like a child on the internet, it's only funny in the sense that there is an adult so massively butthurt that she posted a moralizing diatribe on a smut site. Not funny at all, really... just sad. At least that comment had more character development than this story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
how dare you call out noterdame43, one of the top-cucks

in the closeted section of this site - HOW DARE YOU SIR!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Stupid

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
SBrooks103x 3/21/17

Kenny is not avoiding friend. Friend is avoiding Kenny. Friend is trying to avoid seeing the pain in Kenny’s eye.

In my 3rd or 4th thought ... she THINKS she loves him, and probably does... in her own special, unfortunately shallow, way. She didn’t think about how incredibly devastated her sister would be if she found out (though I’m sure she thought the wouldn’t be caught). The sister, who sacrificed here own teenage years to raising her, as they said, like a mother. She was just thinking of sex “in the now”. And to blithely say she would comeback to the affair after she was “preggers”? She is a very very shallow, self-centered, person. She doesn’t think in the future. She’ll hurt from the separation for a good long while, but then she’ll start forgetting Kenny a little by little, and go back to search for her own pleasure, forgetting about the future, forgetting the future Kenny talked about, and hunting for that “feels good” in the now. Whatever that might be. Let’s hope it’s heroin.

Someone was talking about DNA testing and birth control. She has not yet gone off birth control . She told Jerry she wanted Kenny’s baby. This was their last night... for now.

Kenny said he’s beat Jerry if he saw him. He’s not going to hunt him down. Probably a small city. They’ll cross paths at some point. And if Jerry isn’t paying attention, and doesn’t turn around and run, he’s pretty much toast.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What

What no punishment for her and Jerry,they both deserve some,especially her for cheating on her sister.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Filthy whore

He did the very best thing. Let that bitch wallow, let her family find out what a slag she is, they will dump her and she can peddle her ass wherever she wants. Women like her are not worth touching, looking at, speaking to. I know. I had one named Lina.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant 1 page LW's story.

I enjoy ghml1 stories a lot. But this one is in a class by itself. In one page the author takes the reader on a journey of betrayal, heartbreak, and exposes a spouse that defines evil. To disrespect the gift of a promising future with someone whose only desire is that their love and trust would never be betrayed..... with this nonsense that his wife pulled on him....is truly an evil act. That poor guy would need some serious therapy to move on with his life. That is what makes this story so great. In 1 page, ghml1 does an amazing job of pushing the boundaries of extremes. Respect to the author. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

need the rest of the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Love It

I am a female and I know the agonizing pain of betrayal. She got her just dues! Great story. Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
one of the best

Stories, that is. Simple, succinct, and powerful. Barely controlled emotion. Good job!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Mbgdallas Re: "Childish"

"If you love someone, truly love someone, there just may be a way to get through it." - Key word there - "MAY"! Yes, there MAY be a way back, but you seem to believe that there SHOULD be a way back, and if the cheated on spouse, can't do that, he/she (usually "he") is being "childish." You never seem to be concerned that if "you love someone, truly love someone," that you would never cheat on them, and that it is a childish selfishness that is a key factor in the cheating!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

probably the best revenge story ever. dont let them explain, justify, apologise, beg, plead. Dont give them anything, just walk away with everything or nothing, but walk away.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
"Childish," Again

"It seemed so childish to her now." - LOL, she said it herself!

kiteareskitearesalmost 6 years ago
Awwww

Poor lickle cheat got put in her place.

I doubt I could remain that calm, kudos to Kenny.

The telling of the story with me in Kenny's shoes.

"Hello dear, I know, fuck off!"

Jayincest15Jayincest15almost 6 years ago
5 stars

A short follow up story about the aftermath of her cheating would be nice.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
She Bust Have..

She must have listened to Mgbdalla!

"But deep down she knew he loved her so much he would forgive her anything."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

There are stories that entertain you, make you laugh, don't allow you to stop reading until the end.....and then there are stories like this one, ones that not only tug at your heartstrings but violently yank them. Stories like this one that immerse you in the emotions of the moment. I've read this numerous times, and it still evokes the same level of reaction now as it did the first time I read it, that is the mark of a quality story to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
qhml1 Scores Again

If you were a baseball player, you'd be an All Star. One of the most consistently good writers on LW. Truly a gift.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
You Know

This is not a revenge tale. Totally about consequences. The cheater screwed up their marriage and lost her faithful husbands love. Ye reap what ye sow.

GoldFinger578GoldFinger578over 5 years ago
Holy shit it hit hard.

Most stories make you feel some emotions but all of one thing.I loved reading this and every time it hurts because it's so powerful and straight to the heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
SEQUEL

For those who want a continuation of this story, it is carried out very well in a way that seems to me to be in harmony with the original by DFWBeast in The Cost:IOU.

I feel his sequel completes qhml1's flash story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!!

Nope...didn't like it. Jerry gets to skate and his wife maybe none the wiser. The problem is, Jerry will cheat on her again, so, as far as I'm concerned, Kenny is a wimp! Jerry should have felt his wrath, not heard his threats through a second party!

...And as far as her sister is concerned, "I love her too much to inflict such pain." That's just plain BS. Kenny's just a coward and afraid to tell her. She has a right to know that her husband is cheating on her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the best BTB stories.

Thanks for sharing. NOW I WILL read Ohio's story! 5-Stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a piece of s...!

Badly written, stupid, no action, no nothing...!!!

Berk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why was she crying

She didn't want to be married to him? Or she would not have cheated on him would she? She ought to be jumping for joy, she got her wish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
OMG

"It was More Swapping souls than exchanging Body fluids" or something like this ... Man you lay it on Pretty thick ... -3 stars

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
please more

we need more of the story, what happens with the sister?

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Always crying after caught

Like story

Got it all in cheating no regrets plan ongoing. UNTIL

Caught crying don't understand have reasons don't know reason please another chance

Only one major problem. He has to tell sister

Keep writing

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...