All Comments on 'The Courtier's Tale Ch. 05'

by zutoph507

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Joseph

I really would like to see more of Joseph and perhaps something good happening for him. Watching him suffer so much is killing me.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago

Being called the name of another man had to be the worst. But I hope Marcel is starting to come around and realize that Joseph is his only true ally and he can't keep playing with people's feelings. Marcel's back is really up against a wall and he stands to lose everything in his no-win situation. He is such a jerk to everyone but especially Joseph. Plz don't take a month to update this story.

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

I enjoyed this chapter most so far. It was a huge surprise to see that Francis, as his closest friend, didn't know of his sexuality. I think that Francis is proving to be a lousy friend who cares nothing for his friend's happiness and is putting his own in front of everything. He has no care for his best friend being upset by his options (though it seems he can't fathom what he's learned about Marcel) or that he left him to be caught off guard by that pirana of a sister just so he doesn't have a problem. He certainly can't convince me he loves Elizabeth when he commented she wasn't as 'silly' as he thought. Marcel is a piece of work but underneath it seems like he is loyal and able to care about others. I felt really bad for Joseph. How long has he worked for Marcel? I hope that Marcel tells his father to screw his inheritance and takes off, but I am sure that isn't possible. I think Joseph may end up being the only person who actually cares enough to take care of Marcel if he can get over his own hurt. I love that you had Joseph blurt out his feelings. I can't wait to see how that goes. I wonder if Marcel will and up returning it or if he will at minimum show empathy given his unreturned feelings for Francis. I can't wait to see how you get around all of this. I am surprised the father would want the shame that his son's transgressions will bring on him. I can't imagine people will not treat that family poorly whether they disown him or not. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Witty and sexy

This deserves higher scores than it's getting.

SexyDarkDuchessSexyDarkDuchessalmost 12 years ago
Hall of Fame!!!!

Poor Joseph! Is it bad that I'm wishing Marcel denounces (is that right) his inheritance so he can live happily ever after with Joseph? Oh and I hate David!!!! He has a calculating demeanor! I'm disappointed in Francis! But please please continue! This story deserves to be in the hall of fame! Come on readers VOTE!!!!

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Very impressive, considering how difficult it is to do time period stories. I enjoy Marcel's provocative teasing of his sister and everybody else, and I feel sorry for him, even if he is mean to Joseph and very egoistic, immature and oblivious to his obligations. I totally agree with Francis on this point.

If Marcel was the cynical and manipulative guy, he seems like on the surface, or if he was clever and calculating, he would not hesitate to choose what looks like the obvious solution to me: Say yes to the arranged marriage and wring as many concessions from his father as possible for doing his duty, including the right to keep Joseph as his valet. Then tell Joseph that he loves him - or just that he wants him. Once Marcel is married and has his own household, he can continue seducing as many young men as he likes (provided he is more discrete than hitherto).

Anyway, I look forward to more chapters and hopefully soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Omg you cant leave us here surely!!! Please finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This looks promising, judging by comments, but I see it's unfinished. I'll come back when it's finished . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful

I'm holding out hope that this will still be continued, and I really hope you don't disappoint. It's a great story and you've created some really interesting characters that I want to see more of.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous