The Crownguard Ch. 01

Story Info
Care and affection spark love between a prince and his guard.
10.5k words
4.55
6.8k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cayde7
cayde7
33 Followers

Author's comment:

Hey! It's been a long while since I last wrote a story, so here's a new and fresh one for you! It's a based in a fantasy realm, back when there were valorous warriors that fought for their Kingdom.

This is a very sensual and loving story of two youngsters innocently discovering love for each other, without realizing it at first, and going through the very feelings that make us humans. I try to be as careful and attentive to the details as the subjects are to each other, and I put my best effort into creating beautiful scenes and ambiance. I hope you enjoy and are thrilled by what you're about to read.

cayde7

All the characters of this story are fictional and over 18 years old.

***

I had seen Kyler, the Crownguard, many times before; my father, the King, had told me he was the strongest and bravest warrior of all the Majesty's elite army. He looked very imposing, his light brown hair gleaming under the midday sun, his longsword always by his side, and his armor, a shiny silver finish with golden inlays and blue drapes joining together from the shoulders to the cape; and the tabard, laying on his chest, covering the chainmail and outlining the muscles of his build, proudly showing the effigy of the Kingdom. I had finally turned 18, which meant that I got to spend more time with him in order to practice the sword, and to exercise to become a mighty warrior, just like him and my father. I liked being around him, I always felt protected, and the fact he was a young soldier, just 27 years old, made me feel like I could open up to him, I could talk about what was happening around the Kingdom, not feeling judged.

We sticked together a lot in the past few years -- it was his duty, but I also really enjoyed his company: whenever we were at the dining table he was always by my side, his apartments were right beside mine, and I could ask for his help at anytime for whatever reason. I had started becoming attached to him the first year he spent as my Crownguard: as I was growing up a Prince, I started to have more and more duties, and sometimes my father would bring me around the Kingdom with him, and he thought I would need someone able to defend me in case anything went wrong.

My father was now in his forties, and had been peacefully leading his Kingdom for almost twenty years; when he was younger, he had been in command of many battles against the belligerent barbarians from the north -- but since they were hit by internal fights for power, they had stopped skirmishing. Our army was always ready and trained, and though we hoped we would never have to fight in war again, the Kingdom would send soldiers, from time to time, to help the neighboring kingdoms and provinces. As does my father, I also long for peace for my people; though, I think it is necessary for an heir to be ready to command an army, to stir the heart of its people, rule with both wisdom and strength.

Today was going to be my very first day of practice with the sword, together with Kyler. I was getting ready for lunch in my room, when I heard a knocking at my door; I knew it was him, as he would knock softly but firmly, always three times, before calling.

"Your Highness? Lunch will be ready soon!"

"Yes Kyler, I am getting ready, it will take just a few moments"

"Adam... May I speak to you for a minute, before going downstairs?"

When he called me by my first name it meant he wanted to speak to me as Kyler, not as the Crownguard. For a split second I was almost worried something might have happened.

"Of course, Kyler, come in!"

As he entered the door, he bowed slightly, making me blush, and closed the door behind him.

"Kyler, you know I don't want you to bow to me; and I also don't want you to call me 'your Highness', just call me Adam".

"Of course, your Highn- err, I mean, Adam" he replied, smirking.

I sighed, shaking my head with a smile. "Please, take a seat; what is it?"

"Thanks Adam. I just wanted to tell you something, before having lunch: today is your 18th birthday, it is the day you finally become a man, a Prince; I... I'm just so proud of you: I've seen you grow up, I've always admired your father's dedication and attention to you, and the day I was chosen to become the Crownguard I felt so honored to have such a privilege."

"Oh my god Kyler, stop, you're making me blush!" I said, my cheeks becoming rosy.

"That day I felt like I had become a man; but today, I will finally see you too becoming a grown man and a great warrior. And you don't even know how proud I am of this" he continued, with happiness in his eyes.

"Oh stop... Come here" I told him, as I dragged him in for a hug, feeling my cheeks warm, and my eyes shimmery.

Even though me and Kyler were very close most of the time, we didn't get a chance to hug or really talk with open hearts if not in our private quarters, as his duty was to protect me, not to be my brother or a friend. Though I would lie if I said I didn't love spending time with him. His hugs were strong, comforting, he could really warm your heart like no one else could.

"Are you done now, Kyler?"

"Hahaha yes, Adam, I am done with my rambling" he said, releasing me from his hold. "Oh, one last thing, Adam: don't forget your sword training this afternoon, we'll begin as soon as your father and the High Commander have finished speaking to you" he said, ruffling my hair. "Now, if you're ready, we may go downstairs and join your father."

"Yeah, I'm done; let's go. I can't wait for this afternoon."

"Oh, I guarantee you won't be so excited after the practice, little boy" he said, getting up from the chair and heading towards the door.

"We'll have to see about that, Kyler. Maybe it turns out I beat you at dueling" I said, smirking at him.

"Then I'll make sure you have as much armor and as heavy a sword as I do, just to play fair" he replied, turning his face around and winking.

I chuckled, as he closed the door behind himself. I quickly rinsed my face with some fresh water and left my rooms, to join my father and the Crownguard downstairs.

As I entered the dining room, I was greeted by the smiles of my father, Kyler, the High Commander and aunt Priest Johanne, all waiting for me in front of a table full of delicious dishes. I listened to a short speech about how my father was so proud of me and that my mother would have been too, and how he was happy that I would finally start practicing the sword, as I had wished for a long time. We had a very cheerful lunch, discussing my future training in the Majesty's army and, together with aunt Johanne, learning the ways of the Light and how that could help me becoming a diplomatic heir.

At the end of the meal, we started chatting about some politics of the Kingdom, and aunt Johanne noted how in the group of the best scholars, one very promising girl couldn't wait to meet me, and how she thought we would have many things to talk about; at those words, I couldn't help but smile and blush, saying that I would find the time to meet all the best scholars, no exception made. After we all had a good laugh, I glanced over at Kyler and noticed he was sporting a wide grin, but I swore I could see a tiny bit of sadness in his deep blue eyes. I brushed it off, and we all hung out for some time, before I went for a walk with the High Commander, in order to discuss more in depth when and how my training was going to take place.

After deciding how I would approach the military training, he gave me a paternal talk on how I would surely rule with wisdom and strength, and that he was so proud of my interest and involvement with the Kingdom and its people. He then approached Kyler and told us I would now go over some basics on the tools of battle, see my armor and sword, then I could start practicing right away with the Crownguard. After dismissing us, he went back to the barracks, as me and Kyler walked towards the royal stables, where I would do my training.

"So, your Highness, are you ready to practice?"

"Yes Kyler, I can't wait to finally train to become a warrior. I have always admired the might of soldiers like you, the High Commander and the whole army. You have always been an inspiration, and it is an honor for me to finally learn the way of the battle"

"I'm so glad to hear that, your Highness. And I am privileged to be at your side on your path to become a warrior. Now, let's go to the stables to see your armor and weapon."

Once we got to the armory inside the stables, I could see Kyler's eyes revering the beauty and craftmanship of the royal armor: the undergarments were made with the softest and most robust linen, the chainmail chest was so refined and lightweight, albeit seeming sturdier than most of the other chainmail pieces he'd ever seen; the shoulders and legs were mighty and robust, with a silver finish and golden details, just like his own armor. The arms and legs were reinforced and articulated in order not to impair the movements of the limbs, but still guarantee protection from sword blows, and arrows; and then there were the weapons: I had the choice between a longsword, the same one my father had used when he fought as a King, and two daggers, more suited for ambushes and close combat. Besides those, there was also a mighty shield, which I would have started using farther into the training.

As I grabbed the mighty longsword and admired its glory, Kyler's eyes were beaming with joy and pride as he was staring at me. Catching his gaze made him look away and grab the undergarments, that he handed to me.

"I think you're better off wearing some armor first, if you want to practice with that huge blade"

"Yeah, I suppose I should -- but damn, this sword sure is a fine piece of artistry. It's magnificent!"

"Oh yes, absolutely! Your father told me that sword had been made by the loyal blacksmith of your grandfather, and had been crafted with the best metal available in the whole kingdom."

"Magnificent... Alright then; let's get ready. I'm going to wear this heavy armor and then we'll start practicing!"

"For sure Adam! I'll be waiting just outside -- if you need any help, just call for me."

He then walked outside of the armory, and closed the door. I put down the sword, started taking off my daytime clothes and grabbed the linen undergarments. The fabric was so soft! I spent a moment just feeling the cloth to the touch before starting to wear it. I then took the armor legs, put them on and locked them in place with the boots. When I tried to put on the chainmail chest, I had some trouble, and after attempting to lock it in place a couple times, I gave up, and called for the Crownguard's help.

"Kyler, I might have some trouble putting the chest on!"

"I'm on my way, your Highness" he replied, as he entered the room and smirked at my confused look. "Don't worry, I'll show you the easiest way to secure it to the rest of the armor -- you'll get the hang of this soon"

He grabbed the sides of the chainmail and stretched them apart, before locking them in place to the inner hooks of the legs. He then walked behind me and secured the chainmail on my back, making sure that there weren't any folds in the linen under it. I enjoyed feeling his hands on my body, it was a relaxing sensation, knowing he cared for my armor to be fastened and nicely tugged in.

"Oh, and don't forget to hook the shoulders to the back plate too: look, I'll show you" he said, as he grabbed the back of the armor and put it on me; he pointed at the hooks and locked them in place.

"Want me to help you with the arms and helm too?"

"Sure, go ahead! You're definitely more experienced than I am, so I might as well learn something, right?"

"Hahaha for sure!"

He grabbed the arm pieces, secured them to my limbs and at last handed me the helm, another astonishing piece of workmanship, silver and golden, very lightweight -- compared to the other helms -- but also very sturdy.

"May we commence? Alright, let's first have a go at the body positions and the grip of the weapon"

As he was teaching me how to correctly hold the sword and how to wield it, I loved his attentiveness, the way he took pride in explaining me the ways of the warrior, and the best practices to fight. Whenever he was in front of me, I couldn't hold myself from looking in his intense blue eyes, as he was revealing the techniques with his soothing but resolute voice. I was charmed by his knowledge and expertise on the matter, and his brotherly willingness to teach me. When he finished with the basic theory, he declared it was time for a little bit of practice.

"...I warn you though, I'm pretty sure you won't have grown accustomed to all of that weight on your body, so I'm not expecting you to strike any deadly blows to that poor training dummy" he said, smirking and motioning towards a wooden figure.

As I tried to attack the dummy, I felt the muscles give in, and indeed all of the blows were poor at best.

"Ugh, this is so fatiguing -- how can you wear that heavy armor all day long?" I asked him.

"I trained, just like you are, every day for many years. And I will see you do the same, I can't wait for you to be a strong and mighty warrior, way better than I am! Then, it will be your duty to guard me, hahaha" we laughed, exhausted from all the training.

"Alright Adam, I think this is enough for today. You have done very well, and endured throughout all of the planned exercise. We will progress tomorrow, and you'll have to bear the muscle sore today's training will bring you."

"Alright, thanks for your lessons Kyler, I'm really enjoying this. I will join you and my father for dinner in a while, after I manage to take off all of these damn weights"

"I'll help you with that" he chuckled, as he helped me let loose the armor pieces.

Feeling his warm and firm hands on the sweat-drenched linen cloth was comforting, and it was a relief when I finally had all of the armor pieces off my body. As he started to walk outside of the armory, I stopped him, asking if he could help me take off the linen too, as my muscles were starting to ache and cramp already.

"For sure Adam; I knew the training would have worn you out" he said, as he walked behind me, tucked his hands below the fabric and pulled it up, grazing my skin with his strong hands; and it was so relaxing to hear his breath over my shoulders, as he was taking off my undergarments.

"Here's your clothes; I will ask to have your bath prepared, so that you may do it before dinner"

"Thanks Kyler!" I replied, as he turned around, facing the wall, to let me dress up before taking the door to the apartments. I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was take a bath, have something to eat and jump in bed.

When I got back to my apartment, the Crownguard was right outside the door; he seemed a bit absentminded, he was staring at the floor and seemed like he was concerned.

"Hey Kyler" I said, as he snapped back into standing at attention.

"Your Highness! The servant prepared a bath for you; I'll be right outside if you need anything"

"Thanks Kyler, but you may go have yourself a bath, if you want"

"Your Highness, I ought to stay at your service in case you need; I will manage to take a bath later, after dinner" he replied, taking his duty very seriously.

"Alright, I won't try to convince you. Is everything ok, Kyler? You seemed a bit... troubled before" I said, walking towards the door to my room.

"Nothing to worry about your Highness, I was only distracted. It won't happen again" he said.

"Kyler, you don't need to apologize, there's nothing to worry about. I was just checking if everything was alright" I replied, smiling to him, and receiving back a tired but sincere grin. I looked into his deep blue eyes, thinking maybe he was just tired, as we'd trained for many hours during the afternoon.

As I entered my room, I immediately began to take off my clothes and dip into the warm and restful bath, brushing off all of the fatigue of the day. I was finally 18, and I was finally practicing the art of the sword! That was awesome! I also would have to listen to aunt Johanne's lectures on the Light and its pacific ways and purposes, the following days, but she'd told me I could take my time. Oh, I really needed this bath, it's just so relaxing...

After drying up and getting dressed for dinner, I opened the door and went downstairs to the dining room, where my father was waiting for us at the table. "So, tell me Adam, how did your training go today? I bet the Crownguard was a great teacher for you!"

"Oh yes father, he was an amazing instructor! I think I managed to learn the basics of the positioning and the grip, but I'll have to do some more practical fighting tomorrow to apply the techniques. I can't wait, father! I am really enjoying becoming a warrior!"

"I'm so happy for you Adam, this is just what I wanted to hear! I'm so proud of you... But don't forget your aunt's sermons on the blessings of the Light! Your mother wouldn't forgive me if I didn't let you to also learn the more pacific means of the church."

"Yes father, I will definitely follow aunt Johanne around and meet the scholars she was so excited about!"

The rest of the dinner went along with some more light talk and some good laughs. After dinner, me, my father and Kyler went back upstairs, and entered each our own apartments. Kyler had remained mostly silent during the dinner, which was understandable since he was just the Crownguard, but for some reason I was still thinking about the concerned and tired look on his face before dinner, and his less-than-usual cheerfulness during the meal. Part of me wanted to brush it off, knowing that if he had any problem or worry, he would have spoken to me about it, but another part of me just couldn't stop thinking about it. I got ready to go to bed, finally taking off my clothes, putting on some light linen ones and heading to bed: finally, some good rest for my sore muscles and bones...

But still, there was this one thought going through my mind. Kyler had never acted like this, he never seemed this tired; he was a young warrior, his duty was to protect me and follow me during my daily obligations, training was also a regular activity for him -- and admittedly, he sure was training much harder than I had today. I just couldn't get his troubled face off my mind. Maybe it was nothing, a matter of no concern, or maybe something was actually happening. I decided to take action. At this time of the night, my father would have been asleep anyways, and I'm sure no guards were to wander this corridor.

I swiftly got up from my bed, opened my door, walked as silently as I could to the door of Kyler's rooms. I hesitated, thinking whether it was even a good idea, but since I wasn't going to fall asleep regardless, I decided to give it a go. I turned the handle, and I pushed the door in, being very careful not to make any noise. There he laid, asleep in his bed; the moonlight seeping in through the thin fabric shades, drawing the outline of his young and built body, his chest swelling at his every breath, his face peaceful and asleep. From the slightly opened door I could see the light blanket up to his waist, revealing just his torso, the silhouette of his muscles, as they breathed the air of the night; his arms, rested along his sides. And there I realized, there was nothing to worry about. If there really was something, he was surely going to tell me about it the next morning, but now there was no need to lose sleep on something I probably had just imagined. I silently closed the door, making sure to be as quiet as possible, and I started heading back to my room.

I suddenly stopped when I thought I'd heard a rustle coming from Kyler's room. I hesitated for a moment, then I started walking back to my room. But then I heard it again: I turned around, to see the knob of his room turning, the door opening up ever so slightly, revealing Kyler's face through it.

cayde7
cayde7
33 Followers