The Dance

Story Info
Dance like no one is watching....even if they are.
1.2k words
4.22
4.9k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The soft rush of rain on the roof wakes me from an instantly forgotten dream. I blush in the half-light of an overcast dawn as I find the sheet halfway down my thighs and my hand on my mound. A sigh softly escapes as the clock radio display softly tells me there are thirty minutes before it's time to get up. And that's when the runner comes to mind.

Every other day, weather permitting, the runner glides past the house in the cool morning air before the heat and humidity make her exercise unpleasant. I first saw her when I was out on my front porch, watering the hanging flower baskets. Now I try to time my morning gardening routine with her appearance. The day of the week is unpredictable but the time of day is precise.

That precision seems to be part of her personality. She is elegant, disciplined, focused on the road ahead. Tall, pretty and fit. Her long toned legs, slender arms and fingers pump gracefully with her golden ponytail bobbing along for the ride. Her breathing seems effortless and only the light rhythmic tapping of her running shoes on the pavement interrupts the morning bird songs.

My free hand gently cups my right breast as I hold on to my reverie, smiling at the details that pop into my head. Her grey, pink and white running shorts and top reflect her elegance. Feminine details and precise fit cover what it must and reveal what it can. Her backside is smooth, firm and steady. Her nipples show in the cool morning air. Her mound is delicately curved and subtly displayed when she moves.

My reverie is broken when the clock radio pops on. My slightly wet fingers move to my left and turn it off. The dark shadow of my husband's body stirs and he turns towards me. A soft good morning kiss and his hand rests on mine on my mound. He asks what's on my mind as he softly caresses my hand. I reply that it's just a fantasy I woke up with. He grins, leans down, kisses my hand and gets up. He understands.

The shower starts up and I have a few more minutes to myself. A fantasy? Most certainly. Will she run by today? Possibly. Maybe I should wave as she approaches, just to see what happens. The shy, anxious part of me beats that idea down. The more adventurous side says what have you got to lose.

A fantasy? Perhaps.....but maybe not for long.

Fast forward three months The woman I have come to think of as the runner returns to our table with her husband. She smiles and kisses him on the cheek but does not sit down. Standing at the edge of the dance floor wearing her irresistible smile she motions me to her. I blush, point to myself and she nods, crooking her finger to emphasize her intentions. Looking to each side, our husbands shrug and smile in amusement.

Standing and smoothing my dress I quickly flash back on how this came to be. Exchanges of waves and smiles as she ran by my house grew into walks and conversations. Small acts of kindness brought an invitation for my husband and me to join her and her husband for happy hour, dinner and dancing. He was bemused but agreeable. I was tingly and excited.

Taking my hand she leads me to the middle of the dance floor. We make quite a pair. She is as elegant and graceful as always, golden hair spilling over the shoulders of a short blue dress with a low neckline that compliments her long trim legs and hints at the soft curves of her breasts. We wear the same height heels but it still feels as if she towers over me. My short green silk dress with the side slit and open back barely feels as if it's there on my skin. She blushes and smiles softly as I catch her looking at me.

The lights come up, the music begins. The song is an electronic power ballad just like the songs my parents would dance to on summer evenings on our patio as my sister and I watched and giggled and spun around until we laughed ourselves silly. We sway together during the romantic introduction, never touching but never taking our eyes off each other. Her eyes are bright and her smile is soft and sexy. As a bass note pulses with the intensifying beat she puts her hands on my shoulders and softly taps out the beat. My hands find her hips and hold her softly. My fingertips shiver as I sense only smooth skin under the fabric as she moves.

Drums kick in and we are all sexy smiles and prancing legs and clapping hands. Arms raised we bump hips and spin around each other. She finds any opportunity to touch me as the sensuality of the beat intensifies. Fluid and graceful in her movements, she is in her element. I am completely out of mine, but her increasingly sensual smile draws me in.

The song builds to a high-energy chorus with pin-prick arpeggios and floor-shaking bass notes. Our dresses swirl and we manage to kick our legs simultaneously without falling. Her slender fingers find mine and we pull close and spin apart. The growing erotic energy between us helps me keep up with her. We are two hot girls in a silly '80s movie and having the time of our lives.

She catches me off guard with her hands around me below my waist as the song dives into a dreamy half-time bridge and we sway slowly. My arms go around her neck and my smile betrays my arousal. Her face is close to mine and her smile is disarming and alluring. Pulling me close, her fingertips slip into the open back of my dress and I feel my nipples get hard and erect. I am mesmerized and in over my head and have no desire to climb out.

As we stare into each other's eyes the song pumps into the final chorus and we spin our dresses not caring how much leg shows. Through the long fade out and darkening of the lights we pull close in a soft embrace as we sway through to the last note. I can no longer contain myself and risk a soft kiss on her moist lips. She returns it appreciatively. Leaning on her shoulder, my eyes close wishing this would never end. I become aware of a strange background sound and open my eyes. We are the only ones on the dance floor and people are applauding. I blush furiously but can't hide the smile. She kisses my forehead, takes my hand and we walk back to our table.

The following Monday she meets me at my mailbox and we walk in the direction of her condo which is only a mile from my house. We have done this before and always upon arrival we part and I walk back home alone having exercised and socialized at the same time. Today something is different. She is both quiet and energized at the same time. About a block from our destination the reason begins to reveal itself. She tells me of how our dance was so special to her. Discretely reaching down to take my hand as we walk, she asks if I am busy this morning. I feel what may be coming and am both excited and scared. She unlocks the front door, smiles softly and invites me in.