All Comments on 'The Dance'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 246 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was about 1000 words that said a lot more than some 20K word stories I've read on this site.

PoesproppiePoesproppieover 1 year ago

Absolutely brilliant 5 stars!!

You clearly showed how to deal with a self absorbed 'twas not my fault bitch.

Ignoring here was brilliant she still cannot handle the truth ....... "It wasn't her fault. She wasn't the bad guy. She couldn't be." The last phrase says it all..... It's not in her lexicon to admit wrong.

TnicollTnicollover 1 year ago

To those of you who said this story isn't finished, seriously? Did you even read it? The only thing that might have been left open was what was being served for dinner at the reception. You missed that point Rhet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very nice antidote to all the BUT WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?????!!!! that often appears on this site.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

Hey I really liked this. Totally get not wanting an explanation. Thought it was hilarious how she put all that effort into it. And he was like nope didn't read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ic69hunter, so let me understand your logic here. Evan is an asshole for not giving his cheating wife who tried to destroy his life the opportunity to further deflect her responsibility and blame, by not reading her self serving letter? Hmmm interesting. I take it your ex-wife didn't forgive you cheating on her?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Well done, Mr. Brat. You trimmed off all the excess fat, made your point in a concise and entertaining manner and sealed the deal. Perfect. Write another, please. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice snapshot into people’s lives.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 1 year ago

Very nicely done, Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like many good stories, this one allows the reader to create their ow backstory and conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Regguy69

LOL! Agreed. The reason why Evan wasn't buying what she was selling, is he was going sit through her sales pitch (the letter).

Valuable lesson there. The best way to not dealing with salepersons is not give them a forum.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting

Sad that a so called friend would destroy a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

But she was one of the two bad guys. It just gets to me that people think that it's ok if they cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Let me see: His wife cheated with his best friend. She wrote a letter & thought that would make everything OK. And it wasn't her fault, she thinks. Got it! It DOES take 2 to tango, as the saying goes, so she's not totally at fault. The friend got his by being bashed severely. But she also has to take blame: he couldn't have fucked her if she wasn't willing, many times over. So he not only burned her letter, but didn't read it or wanted to read it, thereby stopping any further grief on his part & possible bullshit on hers.

--- Outside of wishing this story was a bit longer (so I could enjoy it more) by giving some history as to her cheating & how he found them, this was a good, well thought of/ written story. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked it. I would love to read about the affair the discovery and the confrontation

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Belongs in the Non-Erotic category

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ex-wife seems to feel that Ev's understanding of her actions would lead to some sort of acceptance.

Not bloody likely!

katibkatibover 1 year ago

This is an excellent short story: tells it all with no verbiage. Of course all the women haters among your readers will rant and rave about the immorality of the poor wife, but judged as a piece of prose this work is easily #5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She will be delusional till the day she dies!

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

Great story. Delusional woman, still thonking only about her wants and needs. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Evan's the Man! 5 stars

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Excellent!!! A lot of writing packed into a thousand words. You show us that good writing just has to show us the way, not lead us by the hand describing every step we take. Crisp, well-paced and superbly written! Helluva nice message, too! 5+++/5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If she didn't want to be seduced, she should have informed Evan as soon as she realized what Oscar was doing to her. Especially the uncomfortable pressure and coercion.

4****

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 1 year ago

Well written...keep it up.

DOL

JayZipJayZipover 1 year ago

Always delighted to see something new from you.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 1 year ago

What an asshole Evan was.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97over 1 year ago

I am astounded by how many cheating wives are portrayed as mentally ill in these stories. I can’t identify what particular mental illness is associated with denial on this level but it is completely unbelievable that she has not come to terms with her choice to be a cheater. She destroyed her families lives and never got into therapy to process her choice to betray her marriage? Crazy is the only thing that comes to mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can't image how commenters feel that this story isn't finished. Evan bowed and walked away. End of story. 5/5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars; because she pisses me off.

good writing should emotionally involve the reader, and this did. well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Husband doesn't want to know. Narratively, this is the weakness of these types of stories.

Well, it's not a weakness for the BTB crowd, those who fantasize about the tough, no nonsense man-of-action types. Taking no prisoners, etc. Fine, a cathartic experience, in all likelihood.

I see it as a weakness, both in the character and in the story as such. Narratively, what's he hiding from? That's the question that always comes to my mind. He can't deal with something. Is it just easier to peg the woman as a bitch, case closed? It might make coping easier in the short run (for some people). But, might such people also be worried that the reality doesn't fit what his limited imagination comes up with? Or, do they lack the emotional and psychological strength to handle an explanation?

Certainly in ch 1, the often used trope of the caught woman prostrate on the floor, bawling her eyes out, always strikes me as bizarre. A true bitch wouldn't give a fuck. The alternative is to show the woman suffering, in deep remorse. Why? Because that is the vehicle for revenge. The only way that can happen is for her to still have strong feelings for the husband, that's the only way she can be made to suffer in the way the husband apparently suffers. The contradiction is that the husband now behaves in a way that a true bitch would behave: not giving a shit, purged of any emotion whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent take on an age-old story!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

As usual, a well-written wonderfully powerful story. Thank you! 5 stars.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

Accountability is a woman's kryptonite.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

That's how our society ticks, unfortunately! The guilty are always looking for excuses as to why they became guilty. Rarely do people take responsibility for their own mistakes.

You describe it very well in your story! 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it, hopefully that night the cheating bitch offs herself.

Dylan1Dylan1over 1 year ago

I really like the way you wrote this. It was a very unusual take on the act of betrayal. Nice.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Good story, would love to read a prequel!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You have to write more stories. There is something so true and germane about them. I admire the way you put words together. Word chef. Does that work?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Perfect. thanks for sharing your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheating is an ultimate betrayal but doing it with a friend or relative is times a thousand worse. Imagine your best friend was the one using her body for pleasure talking , saying things , cumming and make say she loves his bigger cock or he’s so much better or just the begging screaming for it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 years ago I had a girlfriend that had the same mentality. She didn't cheat, but was never wrong about anything

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

To forgive is divine, to forget is against company policy.

towgtowgover 1 year ago

Narcissist's. They are all the same. Had one of my very own. Once...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The cheating means freedom robbery from the faithful spouse. The ex husband 100% got his liberty because he does not interesting for any axcuse letter from the cheater exwife. The 100% liberty means for the exhusband he became indifferent to the cheater exwife! THE OPPOSITE OF THE LOVE IS NOT THE HATE, BUT THE NEUTRALITY! Neutrality helps every cheated on spouse to find a new mate easier in the future!

If the exhusband had read her letter he would have got negative emotion state to remeber her cheating and he did not want to lost HIS NEUTRALITY TO HIS CHEATER EXWIFE! It may be this could last some weeks, but he did not want to rember to his negative experience! He wants to be happy with other!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect revenge for a person that was the victim of a cheating spouse.

goodnabor789goodnabor789over 1 year ago

Don't get it, is that the whole story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful elements, and from a writer's standpoint, I can see it. But it's bread without butter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To Mbdallas, so let’s get this straight, Evan’s an asshole for having moved on with his life? He’s an asshole for not letting his past control his future?

Sounds like you cheated on your spouse and because they wouldn’t listen to your bullshit excuses and divorced your ass, it became their fault?

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Not bad. Take it down and fill it fully in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, no ⭐️s.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Short but sweet. Really gave him the best revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Taking the concept of forgiveness then moving on to the extreme, done civilly and with some class. Well done, Evan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Memo to goodnabor789. There was a time when stupid people were embarrassed by their ignorance. Nowadays they seem to wear it like a badge of honor

joeoggijoeoggiover 1 year ago

That’s a tough read. No one wins when adultery happens. No one.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

It seems it's only the cheating wife that didn't understand. Women, thank god not all are like her and my ex wife. My ex's excuse was 'she fell out of love' so she went out looking for someone else to fall in love with. Makes sense, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In the end, the “why?” doesn’t matter.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsover 1 year ago
Self-Delusion in Action

Pretty interesting, the picture of self-delusion and personality disorder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Already said:

joeoggi7 days ago

That’s a tough read. No one wins when adultery happens. No one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Poignant

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Getting rid of toxic person/s from your life is a must. It's lebarating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This calls for a sequel with some background on the affair.

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

GREAT story! You do a really nice job of playing up the difference in perspective. For her, context is everything; for him, it's all about the final product. Two very well developed characters caught in a fundamental conflict. LOVED this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An old girlfriend sent me a 22 page email. Like a crummy book I read a few paragraphs then skipped to the end and typed thanks. She found months later that never read more than a page total. It floored her. Thanks for the great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The dance of two who were. But are no longer. Yet bring that difference to this dance. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love the story. An old girlfriend broke up with me years ago and sent a 32 page email. 2 months later she called and asked why I didn't respond to the email. She was completely baffled that I deleted the email and never read it. She is a very meticulous. person and I knew it took a ton of time and energy to get it all right in her mind. It felt good to hit the delete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It does not matter why your a slut, just that your a slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Caught my wife cheating kicked her ass to the curb that very night and never looked back. That as 27 years gone. Did not care why then and don't care now

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 year ago

A lot of people just think in black and white. Reading a lot of this comments I believe it is an american peculiarity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent. A 5.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Loved the presentation. Many readers and commentators step out and say people like her can be forgiven. Here's another perspective...Why can't the victim feel like Ev feels? Why does he have to rationalize a 2 year affair? For that matter why a 2 week affair. As our society accepts divorce more easily and neither party accepts responsibility, this whatever generation that now inhabits the earth becomes less respectable and responsible.... More shallow and "how about me". No wonder you cannot turn on TV and not see some dope make up situations and solutions that a rock wouldn't believe. Good for the writer for portraying Miri as a deluded nitwit that just cannot be guilty...

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

This is the way of the world now. Fems have spent 60 years getting everyone to believe it is never the woman’s fault. The web is filled with counselors promoting the idea that he marriage must be saved. Funny how tha is the message now that female infidelity rates have equaled and in some groups surpassed male rates. Fifty years ago when the word infidelity meant the business man screwing his secretary, the standard response was divorce. Now the tune is different and the man must forgive and accept….and increasing numbers of socialized submissive men are accepting and believing that.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Excellent damn story! I think this puts you in the top tier of authors who post in LW now.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars - it does not matter if it was just one time or a 1000 - ONCE & DONE - game over - move on.

The stupid slut should be thankful that she is still alive and not part of his life anymore. His only mistake is betting on the next potential slut to not do the same thing.

MARRIAGE should never get a second chance - pre-nupt contract, or common law (shacking up) are the only true ways to a happy 'couple' future - especially, in North America.

Pianist01Pianist01about 1 year ago

You want to know something?……I don’t like the phrase‘Dumb Bitch’, but sometimes it fits!!!!!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Yeah it’s never the cheater’s fault. She slip0ed on a banana peel and impaled on his best friend. He kept buying bananas and it kept happening.

It was a good story until the last paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good. No matter what, just walk away with dignity without turning back for a positive future.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Excellent story, I am a woman, I have often been told, anyone who tries to understand a woman must be insane, as it's impossible. I always wondered why we are thought of like that, but reading this story handsome others in literotica, I now understand, how disillusioned is she

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Second read. Complex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, how can a man desire his woman after her infidelity?! What's the point in looking back for her reasons. The oneness and being special is gone..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Okay… And?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That is a classic case of "Buyers Remorse". She gave up the love of a good man for a sexual relationship with HIS friend and now she regrets her decision.

Well tough shit girly you gets what you deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Liked this a lot

Perfect in its simplicity

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Liked this, man was she delusional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short and sweet, and makes its point with the wit of brevity.

You do ignore that in the intervening time, she very well might have taken on some of the blame, and still not have seen the "problem" as her fault, and still want the absolution of her confession and explanation being "understood."

The point would be the same, I believe.

Still, this is your story, and brevity is but one of its strengths.

Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yup.

It's NEVER their own fault that they made those CHOICES (not 'mistakes').

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Exactly. Who gives a fuck about her "anguish and pain"? After what she did, no one other than a cuck would.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

@Drdnmstr, - good point about therapy. I'm sure that there are therapists who would be quite willing to listen to all of her rationalizations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

His wife cheated with his best friend. His best friend had sex with his wife. That she wrote a letter explaining why is supposed to mean something? She was manipulated? Had no brain power to say no? Hubby totally surprised her by burning the letter without reading, & was right to do it. She betrayed him & the reasons shouldn't matter if he did nothing to provoke that betrayal. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of my favorite quotes is from the movie As Good As It Gets:

How do you write women so well?

I think if a man and take away reason and accountability.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another stupid deluded female so caught up in her emotions that she ignores the rational thinking that God gave humans to protect them...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Any thoughts on doing part 2?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

-"You are NOT damned. I won't allow it!"

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A part 2 or at least en epilogue would be appreciated.

TnicollTnicoll12 months ago

One of the best stories ever posted on this site. It said so much with so few words. There wasn’t a wasted sentence, word, or punctuation mark.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

No, please don't write part 2. Everything that needs saying has been said. Finis.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is a perfectly forged blade. Amazing writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous