All Comments on 'The Dance'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 246 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An interesting vignette, but not a story. Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Superb slice-of-life writing. It needs not one word more. Five supernovas.

za_robionyza_robiony12 months ago

Good, short but good.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An excellent view into the mind of a foolish cheat.

MorovarMorovar11 months ago

A lot of LW stories are like a broadsword. Large, brutal and devastating. This one was a stilletto. Small, sharp, but just as effective. Bravo! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not just a selfish cheater but also delusional. Her name should be Walt as in “Not my fault”.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written prose. However as most would say it really is not finished is it?

Five golden ones simply because.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd211 months ago

kinda strange that she was still trying to deal with it 6 years later and after he had remarried. Seems a bit off that she was still in denial still and looking for some sort of redemption.

TnicollTnicoll11 months ago

Trying to understand how some are saying this story isn’t finished? Wife cheated with his best friend. He dumped them both. The ex wants hubby to read her stupid blame deflecting letter. He doesn’t because it doesn’t matter. He’s remarried and perfectly happy with his life and he doesn’t want to get dragged back into an unhappy period in his life. What’s missing?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My first girl friend I dated 4 yrs exclusive and was sure we were going to marry. She suddenly started talking about some new friends. I leaned he was screwing all 4 of them. I was a wreck for a while. Then I met my 2nd potential girlfriend and hit gold! We married.... 47 yrs and counting with no hint of cheating. I learned from Ronald Regan to "trust but verify". I still do it every day. She never knew.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

There's an imaginary line in the sand that is drawn supporting marriage vows. And life is a matter of choices; many, of which, are permantly decided with those vows. It's never someone else's fault. Make the choice, live with the choice.

This was a story that, unfortunately, happens to frequently. And will continue to happen until both parties find a way to take "I", and all the little accompanying phrases, out of their unity vocabulary and replace it with "we."

Nicely written. Good thought-pervoking read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was being a jerk how could she be true to the marriage and know it was wrong to have sex outside of it?

Especially when some guy said seductive words to her.

She supposed to figure it out herself?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I like to read a story where a man makes a decision and sticks to it.

I loathe stories where the man makes a decision, then the women manipulate and coerce him into compliance, and he blithely and foolishly breaks his word. And then they live happily ever after???

I don't understand how any woman could ever be happy with a dishonest man who cannot even keep his own word.

When I was growing up we were taught by our parents, our peers and society in general that a man was only as good as his word.

If these fictional stories are in any way a refection of life today, then I am guessing that maxim is no longer true in todays society.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well that's one guy heading towards another cucking and then divorce. They never learn, because they just don't care to.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To be fair, my favorite part of LW stories are the “why” moment of catharsis. The author here withheld it, but it was to great effect. In essence, what Evan did was the coldest BtB on this site: he didn’t care.

Miri certainly knew of the anger and pain, but she selfishly needed him to give her absolution. He refrained from doing so.

In football terms, the clock was running down and she tried a Hail Mary. There was a false start penalty that was called and the last 5 seconds ran off the clock as a result. The officials refuse to review the footage. It is what it is. Very clever story, severely underrated.

TnicollTnicoll8 months ago

I circle back on this story every so often. It’s one of my favorites. I don’t necessarily re-read the story, just the comments. It’s very easy to tell who the commenters are that cheated on their spouses and have rationalized their behavior!

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

A very well written story. However, he was an asshole, as well as a weak man for running away like a little boy and not talking in the first place. That is not what a real man does.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pffffttt... well written short story. I barely know Miriam, but i cant stand the cheating slut. Shes so delusional, expecting not to be blamed for her part.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Wow. Unusually deeply psychologically insightful, very thought-provoking for Literotica. Great job. Thx.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Perfect. Thanks.

shadrachtshadracht7 months ago

LC is kind of an idiot who thinks that lying, betrayal, and disrespect is A-OK! I only pray I never interact with him in real life, because based on the comments, he completely lacks morals.

In regards to the story, while shorter, I like it in some ways better than some of the author's others, as it paints a more complete story without actually going into the details. The person who got betrayed managed to heal and recover, while the betrayer is left in a mess of their own making. That's about as much justice as can often be expected. 4*

Medussa55Medussa557 months ago

Wow so psychologically accurate of how a woman thinks and protects herself.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First- The story. It was not intended to show their whole life together, only a snapshot at the son’s wedding. And it did a great job of that- 5 stars.

Now a comment on cuckhunter69- I realize you have no morals or scruples. But the rest of us do. Maybe you need to get your jollies on the cuck stories, not here. This is the way most REAL men react to the wife cheating. Get over it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nice piece .

One dance telling the whole story from the viewpoint of a betrayed husband .

Letters , explanations , psychobabble ...... not interested !

You cheated , you were caught , and now we're done .

Loved it .

DK . 5 *

Thanks for posting .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Evan is spot on. None of it matters, he has moved on, remarried and has put his ex wife's betrayal behind him. Miri knows all of this, knows she can never get him back, yet is still on a mission to get............. what, exactly? What difference is it going to make to her life whether Evan is warm and cordial towards her or merely civil but cold? She fucked up, got caught and paid the price and she should accept it as a life lesson, albeit a very harsh one.

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

5/5

2 years affair seems extremely long here, however delusional ex is, she uses her weakness and predator friend excuse I would expect from 1-3m or occasional coupling rather than best friend most likely regular one

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Perfect!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Are you and Wandering Mongol the same person?

This is almost as concise as No Cake, but without all the implications.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Never understood why the person who did wrong by their partner wants closure and for their partner to understand why they made their "mistake". Closure for me is moving on and leaving the people who did me wrong behind. If they feel the need to explain their reasoning then they should go see a therapist.

Lawrie1941Lawrie19414 months ago

Once again you fail to complete your story. It is a good story that deserves to be finished properly without open ends.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A brief tale very nicely presented. All that need be said. Thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Two years lol. Not her fault. Nope. Too bad. So sad. Don't cheat.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five star story. Fantastically written!

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf3 months ago

Like many of the other commentators, I really enjoyed this -intense, powerful, short but containing all the elements many longer stories struggle to deliver. Well done, and thank you :-)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Short and to the point. She never accepted any blame for her actions. He didn't want or need to know why, just knowing she had been unfaithful was enough. Brilliantly crafted short story. BardnotBard

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

Sigh, extremely powerful in its messaging and leaves one wondering about the stupidity and selfishness of humans.

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

Annnnnd there you have the snarling bee's nest that's a woman's brain. They're incapable of accepting responsibility.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

I don't know, I think they're both right. Context absolutely does matter, but it doesn't mean absolution or "it's not my fault".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

IMHO Evan was right not to read the letter.

He gave her no wiggle room, nothing to use to worm her way back into his life.

And by not allowing her to assuage her guilt, he is doing the best thing he can to stop her ruining someone else's marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Memo to Lawrie1941. What was unfinished about the story? Husband caught wife cheating. Husband divorced wife. Husband moved on with his life and is very happy and comfortable with his choices. Ex-wife still trying to rationalize her actions. The end.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

I did the exact same thing that the m c did with his cheating count of an ex wife. Caught my first wife of 21 years bangin.3 of her college students Prince behind my back and I'm like a lot of the weak wills Beta boys that are portrayed on this website.I pulled a sugar quickly and we were divorced in four and a half months. Fast forward 5 and a 1/2 years and our youngest son.Mitchell is getting married and my ex.Is there with a plus one and i'm there with my new wife of two years debbie. If I can only convey to you other readers.The look of abject horror on my ex's face when I let her know that not only did I not read the letter but I pissed on the envelope and then threw it into our fireplace or I should say my fireplace at that time. Her little fragile female ego just couldn't handle the fact or couldn't compute the fact that I was not interested in giving her any closure of any kind. I heard months later after the wedding.Which by the way was a beautiful event, That the dumb b**** was seen a therapist for several months.Because she couldn't wrap her head around.The fact that my universe no longer circled her orbit. My second wife, Debbie thought it was equally.Sad pathetic and hilarious is all hell.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel26 days ago

Nailed the mindset.

StruckwrongStruckwrong23 days ago

I sippose it was rape, it's the only answer left.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

She fucked and got divorced, what more she wants?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous