The Darkness Pt. 09

Story Info
Tina plays at the mall, and faces a coven.
19.9k words
4.56
5.1k
13

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 12/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: Everyone in the story is 18 years old or older at all points. Any resemblance to an actual person, alive or dead, is happenstance.

It has been several weeks since the last time I found myself dreaming of walking through Bardo. Looking around, I didn't see anything new, just a bunch of creepy trees with a dingy black and gray sky.

I sighed. While I had gotten used to coming here, this place wasn't high on my list. I could hear things moving in the dark, some sounding like they were just out of my ability to see them.

I wish I could see better, I thought.

I was surprised when the glume lifted, and I could make out the texture of the trees around me and see some of the small squirrel-like creatures jumping between them.

I could also see a faint glow inside the moss that covered the ground, highlighting several paths through the woods.

Looking at the one directly in front of me, I knew it led to the little cottage Nana stayed in when she was here. It didn't look any different than the other trails.

As I took a step towards her cottage, I thought of one more thing to ask Nana.

Before my foot touched the ground, I felt a tug from another trail that led off the side. The trail was fainter than the others, and while I tried to shake off the feeling that the path wanted me to follow it, something deep down told me that was the direction I needed to go.

Fuck it, I thought, turning towards the new path and placing my raised foot down.

The path immediately got brighter, while the other ones dimmed. I could almost hear the different paths' disappointment as I started walking away.

Don't worry. I will try the rest of you some other time, I thought back to it. The trail seemed to understand, and the calls faded.

Like my trips to Nana's cottage, the journey through Bardo went very quickly. A single step felt like I was moving miles. At one point, a cat-like creature ran next to me.

That didn't scare me like some other creatures I encountered here. Instead, I waved at it when it started to turn away from me, laughing at the surprised look on its face.

It felt like an hour, but the way time ran here, it might have only been a few minutes before the trail ended at the base of a pile of rubble and broken white stones. Some of the stone slabs were burnt as if a massive fire or explosion had occurred.

I exited the path, which winked out, and walked around what must have been a huge building.

Some decorative stonework had survived, suggesting that this place had been beautiful once upon a time.

"I wonder what you looked like before you were destroyed?" I wondered aloud.

I felt a little tug on my mind, similar to when I cast a spell. Then, the ground started shaking, and the massive stone structure started to reform, almost like a movie run in reverse.

It was some kind of villa, I thought, walking around the structure that had sprung out of the ruins.

Various flowers and plants quickly grew from the ground. The finishing touch was the sunlight that streamed from the suddenly blue sky. The light seemed everywhere, forcing the shadows away until they met the tree line that encircled the restored structure.

I was so caught up in the villa's beauty that I didn't notice I wasn't alone anymore.

"It was wonderful once," I heard a woman's voice say from behind me.

I spun around, a spear materializing in my hand.

I found El sitting on a stone bench that rested next to a small stream that now flowed across the landscape.

El noticed the spear and chuckled, "I am glad you thought of something to protect yourself with, but honestly, a spear?"

She waved her hand, and the spear vanished, leaving me with my mouth open.

"How, why, I mean...," I couldn't seem to get my thoughts together.

She laughed, "So many questions. Let's see. How did I take the spear away?"

I nodded, keeping my mouth shut to avoid looking stupider.

"Everything here is controlled by will. My will was stronger than yours, so I "took" it away."

"The why part," she said, standing and stretching a little. At this point, I noticed she was again wearing the see-through wrap that covered her from the waist down.

She does have a great body, I found myself thinking. Damit, Focus!

"Do you want to know why I am here?"

I again nodded, focusing on her face.

"I don't have a physical presence in the real world, so I came here to see what I could learn about the changes since my body was destroyed."

She wandered over to look at the building and the surrounding landscaping.

"I have a few questions of my own," she said as she bent over to smell a flower.

She looked back at me as she plucked the flower and wove its steam into her hair.

"Let's start with a simple one. How did you get here?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Bardo? I don't know. I just end up here sometimes."

"Not Bardo. Here. This spot specifically," she said, turning her full attention to me.

"I followed the path."

"You followed the path?" El's look made me think I was holding a deadly snake by its tail.

I cleared my throat, wondering if the next thing I said might be my last. The light in the clearing started to dim, going back towards the gray it had been when I arrived.

"I was going to go to Nana's house when another path called me to take it instead. That is the best way I can describe it."

The answer surprised El, softening her features. "What about this?" she indicated the building and landscaping.

"I don't know." I held my hands up as the look returned. "Really, I just wondered what it looked like before it was destroyed, and it kind of rebuilt itself."

"Hold up your hand," she told me. I found it was the only part of my body that would move, and it was doing it all on its own.

When our hands touched, I stood again in the clearing and watched as I stepped on the path that had led here. We fast-forwarded until we came to the cat-like creature that had shadowed me for a little bit.

I could sense surprise through the link El had created and used that to push a ward around my mind. I could feel her beating against it, trying to reestablish contact before suddenly the world snapped back into focus.

Around us, a gale-force wind picked up debris and hurtled them at El, driving her back from me.

I could sense her trying to calm the wind or divert objects it carried away from her. But, I also felt that I was the one causing the wind, subconsciously controlling the storm.

The shock of that discovery caused me to lose control, and the winds died instantly.

"Stay out of my fucking mind!" I shouted at El as she picked herself off the ground.

She looked at me in shock before she managed to get control of herself.

"Who taught you how to break the contact?" she asked, cautiously circling me as I trembled with rage.

"No one," I said as I sank into a chair that materialized under me.

"Someone had to teach you that. It's not something a person just picks up on their own," EL said as she sat in a chair that materialized across from me.

"Sometimes, I just do things. Nana said it was reflex casting, although she said the ruins I used were ones she didn't recognize. Lynn suggested that something ancient lay just under my surface mind."

I glanced up at El, "I thought that might have been you."

El shook her head. "None of this is my doing. I have never heard anyone talking to any native part of Bardlo, let alone asking it to rebuild something that was destroyed long ago. Nor have I ever heard of someone waving at a Wampus Cat."

It was quiet for several minutes before I broke the silence, "What was this place?"

El looked at me, no doubt debating what to tell me, before she answered, "This was my home before everything went to shit."

"It was stunning," I said, looking at the building and grounds.

"That it was," she replied.

She seemed to come to a decision. "Our pact involved me teaching you the Art. I will do what I can, and we will try to figure out why you have the abilities you have. Let's start with some basics."

We both stood, and the next several hours involved some primary forms to access my abilities. In the end, we sat in the shade of a type of tree I had never seen before. I was exhausted, and El seemed lost in thought.

"It's getting late, and I need some real sleep. See you next time," I told El, standing.

I replayed the instructions for leaving Bardo. Then, satisfied, I started to reach for the outside when El stopped me.

"Hold on, little one," she said, rising to her feet. "I want to give you one more thing before you go."

She reached her hand towards my face, and I flinched away from her.

"I wasn't going to try anything," El said, pulling her hand back.

"I want to give you one more lesson. I will transfer the information to your mind. It's faster, and there is no chance you will forget the knowledge."

I tried to gauge her intent. Then, finding nothing nefarious, I dropped my hand and allowed her to touch my face.

I suddenly knew how to bind things to my will. Not just animals but people, and the memory showed other creatures.

"El! I don't want to become...." I let my voice drop as I took in the information she had gifted me.

"Me? It's ok. I wasn't trying to influence you or change your mistaken beliefs. You are a very powerful Adept. Maybe one of the most powerful to ever live. So I don't want someone to influence you or try to force you to do something and not have the ability to fight back."

She looked around at the buildings and grounds that existed around us. "Do you know how long it took for me to build this? Any idea?"

I shook my head.

"It took me years to build this place, and I was the most powerful Adept of my day. You rebuilt this in minutes, with just a thought. Not only that, the place is warded against just about anything."

She turned her head to look at me.

"I don't know who you are or what you are becoming, but I do know there are things out there that would kill to be able to do even a fraction of what you can."

"Are you sure you aren't just trying to make it easier to use me?" I shot back.

"I will admit I had thought about it, but the binding we made to get my revenge will not allow me."

She looked me in the eyes, and I knew in that instance that she had tried to use me and had failed.

"I have a lot to think about," I told her, pulling myself out of Bardo and back into my bed.

I lay awake, tossing and turning for an hour before falling asleep again. Thankfully, the rest of the night was peaceful.

I woke to the sounds of birds singing in the trees.

I hate fucking birds, I thought, covering my head with a pillow.

As I lay there contemplating getting out of bed or not, the events from yesterday and last night are playing out in my head.

I checked my mirror, but the only thing looking back at me was my reflection.

"Lynn, we need to talk."

After several minutes of silence, I realized she might still be pissed at me, so I walked out of my room.

Feeling a need to get out of the house, I forced myself to get ready. Walking through the house, I realized that everyone was still in bed.

Mom should be up by now, I thought, glancing at my watch.

I went to her room and checked on her. She was breathing normally but was completely unresponsive when I shook her.

My brother and sister were in the same state.

I went back to my room and confronted the mirror.

"Lynn, I need to talk to you now," I waited for several minutes, and still no answer.

"Ok, have it your way," I muttered as I placed my hand on the glass and sent a command for her to answer me.

Her form gradually appeared in the mirror. "How may I serve you, master," I could hear the sarcasm in her voice.

I could see that she was pissed that I forced her to show herself.

"Knock the shit off, Lynn. I can't wake anyone up."

She frowned, "Sorry, Tina, let me check," fading from view.

I paced the room for several minutes until she came back.

"They are ok. Yesterday when El sent them to shower and rest, she put them into a deep restorative sleep. They will come out of it by tomorrow."

"Should I do something? Undo what El did?"

Lynn shook her head. "I agree with what El did. The demon took a lot of their energy. Sleep is the safest way to restore it."

I realized that I was a little more tired than usual, but not enough to want back into bed.

"Is there anything else?" Lynn asked.

"Can you knock off the attitude? I haven't done anything for you to be all snarky with me."

Lynn frowned, then sighed. Her shoulders sagged as she sat on her bed, tucking her legs underneath her.

"Sorry. Yesterday was a bad day. First, the demon showed up. Then I heard that El was back and that you had made a deal with her. Well, it scared the shit out of me. So I got pissed, and I took it out on you."

"It's ok. I understand. Yesterday was fucked up. Are we good?"

Lynn smiled and came to the mirror's surface, "Yes, we are good."

I walked over and placed my hand on top of hers. I could feel the warmth of Lynn's hand through the mirror.

I realized at that point that I hated the fact Lynn was trapped in the mirror, and while I didn't think I was in love with her, I did have powerful feelings.

I cleared my throat, "I think I need to get out of the house for a while. Maybe work through some of the stuff that happened yesterday."

Lynn got a dreamy look on her face. I guess she would like to be able to go out too.

With a last smile at her, I pulled my hand away and walked out of the room, feeling her gaze on my back as I left.

I decided to head into the mall, and half an hour later, I was in the food court getting a coffee.

I wandered around a bit window shopping, even trying on a few outfits before I returned to the food court and sat down.

Looking around, I could see several families, a group of teens, a table with several young women, and what must have been one of their mothers.

My attention kept wandering around the room but, for some reason, kept going back to the table of women.

The older woman seemed to be criticizing the younger one at the other end of the table. She was all smiles, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

I looked her over. She looked to be in her early forties with a nice, mature figure.

The younger woman looked to be twenty or so and was a little bit on the thin side with small breasts.

I wonder what they are talking about, I thought. I could hear the conversation clearly as soon as the thought crossed my mind.

I buried my surprise and listened to what the older woman was saying.

".... You are not a virgin, so you shouldn't be looking at white dresses. When I was your age, whores that managed to trick a man into marrying them wore red dresses."

The young woman she was speaking to replied, "Come on, Emily, I am not a whore, and you know that. As far as the dress goes, we spoke about this multiple times. My parents are expecting me to wear white. I want to wear white."

Emily leaned forward, "Don't you take that tone with me, Abigail. I know you are fucking my son, and you're not married yet! Where I come from, that makes you a whore. No whore is wearing a white dress at my church. So either break up with Michael or pick another color!"

Abigail was visibly upset and close to tears at this point.

I was getting pissed myself. I remember one of my friends who tried to kill herself because her boyfriend's mother felt the same way and took every chance she could to make her feel miserable and unwanted.

Excuse yourself and go into the bathroom, I thought, pushing against Emily's mind.

"Sorry ladies, slut, nature calls," Emily looked down at Abigail as she stood. "We will finish this conversation when I get back."

I was surprised that it worked. I examined what I had done closer and realized I had used compulsion.

I need some alone time to go through the memories El forced on me, I thought as I stood and followed Emily.

I found Emily standing in front of the mirror, looking confused about why she was just standing there. So I left her there and checked the stalls.

One occupied. I didn't need any other drama right now, so I sent a command for her to stay put.

Glancing at the door, I put a ward on it to direct anyone wanting to enter away to use a different restroom.

I walked up to Emily. Something in my face must have frightened her because she backed away from me until her skirt was against the counter.

"Hi cunt," I said, pushing fear of me down the link I had created between us.

I had to hand it to Emily. She doesn't scare easily. "Cunt! Who the hell do you think you are!"

"Me? " I asked, pointing at my chest. "I am your worst fucking nightmare."

I smiled and pushed harder on the link. I could see Emily's eyes get bigger, and she started shaking.

Following the link into her mind, I started going through her thoughts, looking to see what her problem was with Abigail.

I discovered that Emily had fucked around in her early twenties, gotten pregnant, and forced the poor boy to marry her. She had made his life miserable until he divorced her a few years ago.

Now she was trying to destroy her son's relationship with Abigail out of some twisted holier-than-thou.

I hate hypocrites, I thought.

Digging deeper into her mind, I discovered she was at least passively racist and hated lesbians.

Well, let's have some fun.

I reached out to the woman sitting in the stall behind me.

Come here, I instructed.

She exited the stall, her pants and underwear at her ankles. She was dark-complected and a little on the heavy side but very pretty. Her large breasts moved around inside her shirt as she shuffled over to me.

I could feel the dismay and outrage flowing through Emily as the other woman stopped next to her.

Get on your knees, slut. I ordered Emily.

She struggled with the command but found herself on her knees, her face inches from the woman's naked butt.

I am going to hell for this, but fuck is this fun!

I squatted next to Emily and whispered into her ear. "Emily, you will beg this nice woman to let you lick her asshole. The more the woman likes what you are doing, the wetter your pussy will get. Then, after you get her ass nice and clean, you will beg her to let you lick her cunt. No matter how turned on you get, you will only think about this woman's pleasure."

Emily fought the command I had given her. The struggle going on inside her mind was exquisite.

Emily and I both knew in the end that she would do what she was told.

I ran my hand over her face, gently teasing her skin as I kissed her behind her ear.

"Come on, Emily, be a good little slut and ask the nice woman if you can lick her asshole."

Emily was shaking, nearing the end of her ability to fight the commands I was giving her.

I reached over and slowly unbuttoned Emily's top until I had it open to the waist. I slipped my hands inside the blouse. Licking her neck, I pulled the blouse out of the waistband of her skirt. She shook in terror as I gently slipped it down her arms before laying it on the floor.

Reaching to the front clasp, I undid the bra, exposing Emily's slightly sagging breasts to the room.

Emily tried again to fight the compulsion, but her mind was too weak. Her beliefs, prejudices, and the excitement I was giving her body jumbled up her thoughts.

Tweaking her nipples, I brought one to my mouth and sucked it in slowly as I looked into her eyes.

I pushed my thoughts to her again. You know you want to taste her. Can you smell her excitement? She knows you want her. Ask permission to lick her.