All Comments on 'The Date Auction'

by IraBumblefield

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
an answer

The sex fun is the helper of the love, but the limitless sex fun can be the extict of the love as at a lot of marriages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun story; but I'm unsure of the church part.

I attended church as a teenager and I think the pastor and the deacons would have been run out of town if they suggested auctioning off couples never mind adding actual wine into the mix.

Sadly, there really isn't many other organizations where you can have a large number of couples. Maybe use the Rotary Club or some such organization.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
A funny story...

A funny story...It seem to be a tragedy, but ended to be a comedy...3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
i imagine this was the church of eros

sorry I don't know any religion that would foster married people going on dates with other married people. 1* for general stupidity, -5 for him thinking his wife didn't fuck her way through the evening.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 8 years ago
well

This was an ok story and i would give it a 4 for the humour.

but i will rate it 5 just to offset the idiots who give it 1*

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
church 'date night'?

Yes, sex is supposed to be fun, and marriage is supposed to be monogamous and church is supposed to encourage christian morality and ethics. In this story, the sex sounded fun but at the cost of the marriage vows and Christian morality. With the exception of fringe pervert "churches" and cults, I do not know of any Christian church that would condone a date auction or married or even unmarried people. If you do know of one, be wary, they are not Christian by any stretch of the imagination or interpretation of the Bible.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Sure

Some churches do encourage that kind of thing. All the female members need to show up and 'be on display' for bidding by the male members. They even paid for the privilege to spend time with them. A piece of silver or something like that.

Granted, this was sacred prostitution back in Ancient Assyria to Ishtar.

I guess this is a VERY old fashioned church indeed...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
where do I sign up? Imagine bidding on the woman you wanted since you were 13!!!

And then winning and having her for a night or weekend or week or month or forever. Very sexy!! And it's all for a good cause!! The church! Love it,.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
You know dear annony.You shuld leave this site since you hate it so much

and if LW is so fucking bad why the fuck do you come here everyday and bitch about the stories you read? You're the supper asshole of Lit and everyone knows it Gave this story a 5 to help offset the super asshole's vote!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Kind of a memory kick

My Senior class in high school had a date auction to raise money for a Mt. Hood ski trip, it was the girl's idea, of course. The idea was supposed to be that we won a date with our own girl friends so I brought $50 just to make sure I won my Alma.

It wasn't enough, one of the jocks outbid me by $1, I ended up with Sharon, one of the cheer leaders so not that bad.

Alma, my girl friend was pissed, sure that Sharon and I did something on our date(We didn't, although Sharon did have a bit of a reputation).

Then I found out that Alma did.

That got bad enough I ended up dating Sharon some more, then ended up married to her for 8 long years before we split the sheets. Alma? She married the jock, but like many jocks, he turned out to be an asshole.

Alma and I did get back together briefly but some things just will not leave a person's mind.

The truth was, I always preferred Alma, but not to be.

Date auctions are not a good idea, in MHO.

I still think about that, some almost 50 years later, this tale refreshed some memories.

Thanks.

JusttooldJusttooldover 8 years ago
good

A well written story that is a good read. Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Silly and humorous. I was going to say fun, but it was actually kind of alarming.

Guess you used a church setting to give it some legitimacy, but anyone can see that some of the more insecure relationships would not be bolstered by this kind of light swapping. Really, how can going out with a woman you want bad enough to outbid all others make your wife feel more secure? And how about the wives getting dressed up more sexy or fancy for a date with a "friend" than they typically do for a night out with their husbands? That's a bad start to begin with. Then to fantasize about fucking other people in your community? Not good. Fantasizing about an unobtainable celebrity or book character, maybe. But someone who lives nearby and is easily approachable, and fuckable? How long before a romantic but short evening turns into clandestine lunches and eventual trysts and affairs? All around a bad idea.

So it is an interesting plot and thought provoking story, about a really really bad idea! Thanks for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

excellent, Nice twist to it , No cheating and realistic as a lot of couples have thoughts in their heads that are untrue and it can lead to trouble

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice ,fun,story.

Well done, no cheaters only married lovers in this one. Good story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*s

Real improvement .

Good ,believable dialogue . Surprise plot twists . Like the characters . Gave you 4*s .

Had a pleasant read. Thanks

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why would this story bother anyone?

One of your best efforts. And not a cuckold in sight! Well done. I really enjoyed the interplay between the two of them when they were teasing one another. More stories like this please! Very good!

daylilygardenerdaylilygardenerover 8 years ago
Like The Auction Theme

I like the date auction theme, but the wrong organization to sponsor it. My fantasy would be at a black tie charity for breast cancer research. Wives would be auctioned off for the opportunity of a "romantic" date.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 8 years ago
to the anon

Who called me an idiot and asshole.

my opinion does mean a lot more than yours because unlike you i do have a brain.

obviously you know nothing of the world outside your little town.

Why would anyone want to submit stories when there are people like you spewing hate.

please just crawl back under the rock you slithered from and let proper people discuss stories.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
Great comment by the Swed!!

annony is a brain dead asshole and when he cries about a story it has to be good. And when he does I give it a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the only brain dead asshole on this site is you vastiesmith

you comment on every story, always the same tiring crap, complain about the anons, rant and rave how good a crappy story is and give it your usual five stars whether it deserves it or not. Who is braindead? I rest my case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Church function???

Sorry, one would now classify this church as a cult or a swingers' club.

Much like the Mormon church; that is now classified as a cult by most other Christian faiths.

As events like this could lead to or elude to possible infidelity very few churches would condone such behavior among it's congregation for any reason.

Decent enough story & well written though, the premise might be off.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
Dear annony!! Try and come upwith something orginao asshole

I just said that to you!!! God you are suck aa dumb fuck!! Try and not pee on yourself. Another 5 since I'm here

njlaurennjlaurenover 8 years ago
Cute tale

A cute story.....a bit farfetched,but still a lot of fun. As far as the church goes,not all churches are Catholic,they don't believe sex is just for making babies or other medieval shit.IRL,if the people aren't cheating on each other,and their sex life improved,why wouldn't they do this kind of thing? If it gets the passion flowing between married partners,why not? There is nothing wrong with a bit of lusty fun in a marriage, no matter what the Vatican thinks.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 8 years ago
NOT SHABBY--NOT SHABBY AT ALL!

A well written story even if it has a very, very unlikely plot. As others have pointed out this would never take place under the sponsorship of a normal church and I doubt if it would happen in some of the really far out churches springing up around the country.

That said, it’s still a hot story and for the life of me I can’t see why it gets all this flack from the anons. You folks are always bitching about cuckolds—and there are no cuckolds or no cheating displayed here. So what do you really want? A story about what happens in an adult Sunday school class? Believe me—that would really be boring.

Author, I agree with others who suggest you may want to move your story site to other locations if you continue along this line. Don’t forget—a major factor in a story being great is its being believable. Even though we write fiction, we are asking our readers to suspend belief while they are reading and, just for that short period of time, become a character in our tale. When we get all the bitching comments, it’s most often a sign we have been successful, the complainers simply don’t realize it.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
too far out

There are no Christian churches that condone adultery or behavior that could lead to adultery.

This scenario is far too close to the temple prostitutes of the pagans which their bible repeatedly rails against for any church to accept, much less promote.

The level of suspension of disbelief required is far too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The exception

Early Children of God was near to this practice because of the strong oposition in the whole World the Family Internatinal the new name of this church began to drift from this practice. First the HIV epidemic and the death of the founder the movement went into normality direction. It may be the only Christian root church which beleives the sex is the worship of God and Christ.

It may be some erotic story authors of Literotica and other collections are The Family International's members...............

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
vastiesmith

If you're going to insult other readers, at least learn how to spell. Your ravings and rantings make no sense most of the time. Nothing at all original about your comments, always the same bullshit just different story. Give it a rest, nobody finds you amusing, except maybe the swede you so praise. Here is another guy that can't stand opposing opinions without commenting on them and then cries like a baby when somebody calls him on it. Just like bonnietaylor, always crying like a baby about others. Now watch the cunt fall all over herself with a comeback.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Absolutely great

I don't know why everyone hates this one so much. I know I thought the same thing...infidelity for sure. But no, surprise surprise. No cheating allowed in this one. Maybe more people should love married sex. I know I do. Thanks

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@anon.

If you read their comments you will see that vastiesmith2 and bonnietaylor2 and the anonymous insulter all use the same "annony", all say that they gave the story a 5 to "piss off annony"....

Two accounts plus anonymous comments, all from the same source.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 8 years ago
Very enjoyable

Harmless fun (well nearly), plus teasing and bragging. We've all done that at some time. I'm not quite sure what 'church' this would be though. Do churches nowadays even have a big enough or young enough congregation to consider this type of thing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

Wife & I really enjoyed your story. The plot twist of seemingly infidelity turned into a renewed love/lust for each other was great & refreshing too. Nothing wrong with a happy ending. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice change up

No actually infidelity (the Mona thing is close) Married hot sex! Who could have imagined? Must say, to really raise some bucks auction off handiman husbands for the evening. I can buy a BOB. I need someone to get up on the roof.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Very strange

It seems that something like a third of the comments are all about screaming at the other commenters

Folks, let's join hands, and do what we are all supposed to do: Complain about the author!

(Whisper whisper)

What?

(Whisper)

Compliments? Not complaints? Are you sure?

(Whisper whisper)

They are spelled similarly. You're positive?

(Whisper)

Well...color me red! Did anyone else know we were supposed to be nice to authors?

Honestly, if you want to be nasty to one another, I am sure there is a Reddit forum just for that. But...as far as I know, screaming at HIV and Dwornock is still okay.

coffeekid63coffeekid63over 8 years ago
Loved it

Great to see a husband and wife with a healthy sex life!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
screw

author not commenters

2 of those stars

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
I give up...

what is stamp collecting a metaphor for ?

I love that you took the flowers for your date ! Something I would do............

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
Jeepers!

This is one of those stories that kept my interest most of the way through. After they confessed their 'tall tales' and reconnected the rest sort of faded a little, not a lot, but maybe just a little.

I'm glad he started exercising. Stamp collecting is OK. I never had an interest in that, but some pretty tough men have. I don't do Mustangs either like another writer I read. To each his own.

I liked the couple; there was real companionship there, and I enjoyed that.

FD45 mentioned prostitution in Assyria. It predated ancient Assyria by many thousand years. Sumerian temple priestesses shared their favors, and quite often husbands were encouraged to drop their wives off at temple for the same purpose. Of course it was about the donations. It was for a worthy cause.

No I can't see many Christian churches offering 'date auctions'. I'm sure there are a few, but none of the mainstream denominations would I'm sure.

And no Mormons are not generally recognized as part of the Christian community. They are considered 'cultish'. I know the Episcopal church doesn't acknowledge them. I'd be surprised if the Baptists did. The Methodists? Well for them its about cover dish dinners and ham and oyster Sundays. I know that for sure since I married one. And of course, last I heard the Catholic Church doesn't recognize anybody.

This was a fun story. It had the right amount of tension early, and just the right amount of silliness and relief later on. I gave it a five and was pleased to do it.

I have only one admonition. Our hero threw up at the thought of his darling doing 'it' with another man. Remember - 'Real Men Don't Share'! Keep it that way in your stories. We have enough semen slurping happy cuckolds as it is on this sight.

Jedd Clampett

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
No Complaints

Writers like this one should be encouraged, not attacked. This was a refreshingly different story.I am sure there may be one or two commenters who could have written this story differently, but none could have written it any better.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yes!

Man I was so pissed I wasn't even turned on anymore when I thought she cheated on him. Then when I found out it was a lie, it was like a giant relief! Haha amazing story though ;) !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hey, I liked it

This one has an element of reality to it (might actually be a real event) that made it more interesting than a lot of BS fantasies. I can envision the events just as they were written. Good story, and I give my encouragement to continue, keeping realism alive.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
I assumed you live in England...

because of all the words you use. e.g. "bum" So I thought "The Anglican church must be very loose in it's 'activities'". Being a church, it kind of put a damper on the plot for me. A social club, maybe. But the eroticism was over the top! Only found one word mistake. Gave it 4 *'s.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 8 years ago
Absolutely over...

the top hilarious. Don't stop producing your stories, I'll read them all. Later though, right now I'm having trouble getting the cramps loosened up in my abdominal muscles from laughing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're like our priest at church.

You got to a good point to stop at the love making after the first date. It was a really good story up to that point. Then you went on and on, not really adding anything. Pretty good story all in all, however.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
NOT CERTAIN ABOUT THIS PIECE BUT LIKE MOST OF IT

Perhaps the last anonymous writer captured it well. When the scene ends only character thoughts about the here and now, or a possible rematch, or even just how it will affect their marriage seem important. Anything else needs to be a new chapter and by that I mean a completely new build up to a completely new event in one or more character lives.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Had a certain likable humor about it.

The only "auctions" I ever saw at any church I attended were those old "box lunch" socials where you bid, won the lunch and then sat with the woman or girl who made it, at the church and you never were alone with them nor did you leave the grounds with them and the whole lunch lasted about 45 minutes, then it was back to the family and usually a Sunday Singin'. Or maybe it was games and such, depending on the average age of the congregation. And if my wife would have come home with lipstick rubbed off, hair a mess and her clothes wrinkled and in disarray, I would have kicked her ass out and found the lover boy and put him in the ER at least. They could explain later with the stories they had gotten straight between them. I bet he wouldn't bid on my wife again, course she might be a new one by the next auction.

It's all fun and games until someone has to die, isn't it.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Awakened marriage

I am glad they changed to picking up and dropping off dates at the church. It keeps accountability in place.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Hot

The sex was very hot. Not what I usually read but it was a pleasant sexy surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What kind of fucked-up swinger church is this?

Would have been more plausible to make this some sort of civic organization or country club. The "no really, nobody actually cheated on their spouses" caveat at the end was absurd.

The story would have been better to just embrace the fact that everyone (except perhaps the naive couple) understood that this was a swinging situation combined with conspicuous displays of wealth determining who got first pick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hey now....

Swinging for Jesus? I know Jesus is forgiving but not sure about church swinging.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 5 years ago
Ha

“I had to imagine drowning our cat” is a good line.

The “swinging for Jesus” comment is funny too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Under the Trump administration

Churches like this are becoming more common. America is in moral decay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
BS writer

Almost all his stories are full of confusion and inconsistent. Supposedly humorous but I do not see anything funny here, just nonsense and BS. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Finally a story that doesn't end in cheating

Nice work the way they dealt with the date nights. And the ability to communicate with each other to prevent actions that would have ruined their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

I tried two of Ira's stories. He has a good writing style and spins a good yarn. The problem is his quirky sense of humor finds a way of destroying the story.

Some have pointed out had this been a country club or some other organization the story would work. But having a church do this seems to be an attack on churches and people who attend. Churches usually have forsaking all others as a tenant of the marriage vows. It would be counterproductive to have a fundraiser which could put this in jeopardy.

Penance for this story is two stars and forsaking the reading the rest of his stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Got bored fast, went off to find snacks.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Not really.

Amusing tale, but the idea of a church having a date auction for married women really doesn't sit right with me. It mocks the institution of marriage and that's something that churches should not be doing. There are better ways to raise money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow some uptight people out there, but then I guess that's what you learn from church...

The church in this story set guidelines, home by 10, and when they found it was not being adhered to they tightened that up, back to the church for 10... The church only allowed married couples to take part, I assume you could only bid if your partner was up for auction.

I presume that you have to be an adult to get married where this is set and so these adults would be 100% responsible for their actions, not the church.

You could equally say the church shouldn't hold dinner dances as it would encourage people to socialise and god forbid, dance with people not their partners. This could lead to relationships which could lead to affairs.

I thought the story was going to be one or both crossing all the lines, as it were they were lucky their partner forgave (ooh imagine that, church people forgiving!) each other.

A good fun story thank you Ira

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 3 years ago
Well done

Nice tale, good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"please remember one thing: sex is SUPPOSED to be fun..."

The author failed to deliver!!! He should take this pathetic story of the site.

When is it fun to mock the beliefs and feelings of others?

Just words, an excellent author summed it up: "mocks the institution of marriage and that's something that churches should not be doing. There are better ways to raise money."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trash!

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Where is this church? I think I see the light!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I could get "born again" in a church like this! The Church of Swing. Wow!

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Just get the divorce sooner rather than later. It's a sure thing.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Time to change from my church to yours.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous