The Day In My Life I Became Me Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rach was reared as an only child and had a very small extended family. She also did not have any local cousins with who she had socialized in her youth. As previously mentioned, Rach was basically alone for the past nine years, since her parents' death. Rach spoke with Pam, hoping for directions and/or suggestions to help her cope when she took the girls for a meeting with the school administrator later this morning.

Pam had suggested Rach buy Shels and Ames nicer clothes for today, which would help their self-confidence at the meeting. The clothes should be typical of the usual school dress codes. Pam also recommended a small local store for Rach to buy the school clothes for Shels and Ames.

Rach did not have the slightest idea of what she would discuss with the school administrator, other than that the girls had felt bullied by many students. Shels and Ames also felt the teachers and administrator(s) sided with the other students because their families were wealthy. So Rach really thought that she was kind of blowing in the wind with this meeting.

Both Shels and Ames had poor to fair grades in most of their classes, so Rach wanted to ensure that both girls' classes and GPAs were sufficient to earn their diplomas this year. She would then work with Pam on a tutoring plan to help prepare Shels and Ames for college if they were interested.

Rach could not fathom why she so desperately wanted to help the girls improve their lives since she'd just met them yesterday. Ames was Shels good friend; therefore, Rach would include Ames in her plans for the future. Rach thought Shels was practically homeless, sleeping at various peoples' homes in the area, as well as the YWCA, which offered a few inexpensive rooms. Shels had convinced Rach that Ames lived with biological family members who sometimes abused her.

Rach kept questioning why she was determined to help the girls when she woke up several times during the night. Although Rach's parents were not very emotional, she knew that they loved her dearly. Rach thought of how Shels' and Ames' lives had been without hope for so long and cried quietly at this realization. Rach questioned whether she would have survived such as disastrous early life as the two girls had, where it seemed the entire world was aligned against her?

Shels and Ames struggled for relevance every single day of their lives, and this was just so unfair to them; an inner voice said, Rach, it's not your problem.

However, Rach's heart answered, what if everyone who could have helped the girls said that it's not their problem? At least ten times during her bit of sleepless night, Rach's heart won the battle, and she decided to do everything possible to improve Shels' and Ames' lives.

They all were up, had showered, and dressed. Rach asked Cat to take care of the office for her since she would most likely be away the entire day trying to sort out Shels' and Ames' school problems. Cat agreed and asked Rach to update her after the school meeting. Pam had also asked Rach to update her following the meeting. She was going to query Sis ("2") today about this complex situation since both girls were officially adults at nineteen years old.

Rach, Shels, and Ames stopped at the small restaurant next door for a quick breakfast. Rach then drove to the clothes shop, which opened at ten o'clock on weekdays. The three of them walked in and were greeted by an older lady who asked were they Pam's friends? Rach explained that she knew Pam from the St. John's Church Community, although they were not close friends. Then Rach introduced Shels and Ames, whom she said were local teenagers from the Tybee Island area. The sales lady introduced herself as Marsha, and she had lived in Tybee most of her adult life.

Rach briefly explained to Marsha how she just met the girls yesterday and, for an unknown reason, wanted to help them improve their lives. Rach was concerned about their grades and if their high school courses and GPAs were sufficient for them to graduate this year.

Marsha thought Rach was really a wonderful person to help these young girls, who had obviously experienced many problems in their young lives. Both Shels and Ames seemed to be nice, as well as respectful when she talked with them. Marsha was also quite amazed that neither Shels nor Ames had visible tattoos or piercings on their bodies. Marsha helped the two girls select appropriate school attire while she continually spoke with Rach.

Again, Rach stressed that she was totally perplexed with her decision to help the two girls. However, for some reason, she'd followed her heart and decided to help Shels after the two of them talked for twenty minutes. Shels then mentioned her friend Ames and Rach agreed to help her as well. These were definitely unusual actions from Rach, who had never once become involved with another person's problems during her young adult life.

Marsha said she had previous experience with the Tybee school system and offered to go with Rach to the high school for moral support. Rach declined, saying she volunteered to help the girls on her own accord. Hence, it was her sole responsibility to follow through. Rach appreciated Marsha's offer to support her and promised to update her after meeting with the school administrator. Rach took Marsha's store business card and also asked for her mobile number.

Rach, Shels, and Ames left the shop with both girls so excited about their new outfits. However, as they neared the school, both girls went quiet, compared to the little chatterboxes they had been. Rach asked them what was wrong, and both girls replied they really hated this place.

They entered the school and walked toward the reception area when one lady loudly screamed at them before reaching the reception desk. This lady yelled at them from a spot in the rear and demanded Shels and Ames explain where they had been?

Rach stepped back a bit and held her arms in front of the girls. She then hotly responded, Shels and Ames are not animals, and she should not scream at them like that! The woman looked stunned and asked Rachel who she was, while the woman also squinted at Shels' and Ames' new school clothes.

Rach responded that her name was Rachel Saunders, and she was now Shels' and Ames' guardian.

Shels whispered in Rach's ear that another girl in their class was also treated very badly. She was Asian, and often called Moonface, as a derogatory racial reference to her appearance. Rach looked intently at Shels, shook her head, and said to herself, Rach, in for a penny - in for a pound.

Then Rach asked the school lady, whom she assumed was an administrator, to please have Moonface brought to this office.

The lady was quite arrogant when she replied there was no Moonface in this school!

Shels then stepped up and replied, Chee was there and that many students and staff called her Moonface, which was racist!

Rach had become really hot under the collar and flustered during this exchange and heatedly said she was absolutely fed up with this crap. Rach said for the lady to have Moonface brought there right now and that she would also be her guardian. Shels and Ames were both nineteen, and Rach understood that Moonface was eighteen. All three girls were legal adults, and Rach intended to pull them from this crazy school today. Rach demanded that all three girls' student files, grades, and discipline records be delivered to the company's address on her business card. If not, the school would hear from her attorney.

Rach then dialed Pam and asked her could she contact her sister, Attorney "2?" Pam answered yes, and asked, were they at the school meeting? Rach responded that she was there with Shels, Ames, and their other friend, who was called the racist name of Moonface by people at the school. Rach needed Attorney "2" and The Law Firm to represent her and complete guardianship documents for the three girls ASAP. This supposed school administrator was being obstinate, and Rach thought she may deliberately alter their files or give the girls bad reports. Rach also wanted The Law Firm to serve as Guardian Ad Litem for the girls until this entire mess was settled.

Pam asked Rach to put her on her speakerphone. She introduced herself as Dr. of Education-Pam Anderson, and she would assume responsibility for the three girls' education. Pam then went on to say that her sister, Attorney "2" Anderson, a Partner at The Law Firm, would serve them with court subpoenas if the girl's records were not delivered to Rach's business office within the next two days. Pam finished by saying she wanted all the original records and files for the three girls or a certified and notarized copy of each file if the originals were unavailable.

While Pam spoke, an out-of-breath lady rapidly approached the area with a small Asian girl in tow. The lady introduced herself as Ms. Jocelyn Williams, Chee's Math Teacher.

Rach said to Chee, that she knew that many people at the school disrespected her and called her Moonface, but Ms. Williams had called her Chee. Rach then asked the young girl what her family nickname was. Chee looked intensely at Rach and replied that Ms. Williams said that you were taking me from this school.

Rach answered Chee that Shels and Ames were moving to live with her. Both of them had told her that Chee was unhappy here and was often called a racist name by the students and some staff members. Does Chee want to come along with Shels and Ames to live in her home?

With a beaming smile, Chee said she was very pleased to meet Rach and that she should call her Moon. Rach would honor Moon if she used that name for her because it meant love to her world. Chee continued that Rach had honored Moon by inviting her into their family, and yes, she so much wanted to live at Rach's home with Shels and Ames.

Ms. Williams told Rach that she wanted to visit the three girls that night or tomorrow to ensure they were safe. She realized the three teenaged girls were adults and could decide where they wanted to live, but she did care about their safety!

Rach went ballistic, asking, care about their safety!? Where was she when Shels, Ames, and Moon were hungry, had nowhere to sleep, abused by relatives, and treated like animals by this very same school, including overtly racist name-calling?

Where was Ms. Williams then?

Ms. Jocelyn Williams stood there in stunned shock at Rach's tirade on her because she knew without any doubt, Rach was absolutely correct.

Rach was so angered during her righteous takedown of Ms. Williams that tears streamed down her face!

Shels placed her arm around Rach's shoulders and said they loved her so much. Those simple words of love and Shels' hug settled Rach down a bit, and she looked questioningly at Shels and Ames saying it was their call since Rach did not know this Ms. Williams.

The three girls all shook their heads up and down okay, so Rach gave Ms. Williams a business card, okayed her to visit them at her office later that afternoon. Then, Rach warmly hugged all three girls and said, let's go home. Rach really disliked the school's oppressive atmosphere.

Once they were in Rach's car, she thought; jeez, what the heck had she just done?

NEW LIFE FOR LOST GIRLS:

As Rach drove to the office, all of them were boohooing until they arrived. They were all very emotional because Rach had hugged them tightly, declared her love for them, and said, let's go home! Shels, Ames, and Moon had seldom received words of love like this from anyone in this world.

After they were at the office, Rach took the girls into the conference room and asked Cat to entertain them while she made a few calls. She then phoned Marsha at the clothing store and updated her on the school adventure. Rach also told Marsha that she was planning a dinner for the three girls tonight, and she was welcome to join them. A few other persons from her company and the girls' Math Teacher were also invited.

Marsha begged off, saying she had other plans for tonight but that she would like to visit Rach's office tomorrow and be updated on all that happened. Rach answered, certainly, and maybe the two of them could have a quiet lunch at the small restaurant next door.

Cat entered Rach's office and saw that Rach was still softly crying. Rach asked Cat to stay with the girls for a few minutes longer while she pulled herself together. Rach continued, saying the school visit had been taxing and that she had really lost it when seeing how disrespected the girls were treated there. Rach didn't know the reason why, but she really loved all three girls. They just want to be happy, Cat, like all of us, but the world seemed stacked against them.

Rach then said to Cat that she had a huge favor to ask her. Would Cat stay with her and the girls at Rach's home for a few weeks, and she would explain the reason before Cat answered?

Rach told Cat about their visit to the school and the horrid manner they treated Shels, Ames, and Moon. She said she went totally off the rails at the administrator's actions as they screamed at Shels and Ames. Rach phoned Pam and "2," asking them to help her obtain the girls' school records and prepare legal documents for Rach to be named their guardian. During the screaming and yelling, Shels told Rach about the other girl, Moon, being called a racist name and that she wanted to leave with them and live at Rach's.

Now she was responsible for Shels, Ames, and Moon but had never taken care of anyone in her entire life. Finally, Rach had promised to give the girls a home, and they were only staying in the upstairs personal area one night and then moving them to her rental home. Rach desperately needed Cat's help for the next few weeks.

Cat was stunned Bug-Eyed because Rach, the absolute loner, had in the past twenty-four hours met Shels, then Ames, and today Moon, and taken them under her wing. Rach was now legally, financially, physically, and most surprising, emotionally responsible for three young adult girls. A starry-eyed Cat said, of course, she would help Rach and the girls; however, she was no expert, having been an only child herself. Rach asked Cat to talk with the girls for a few minutes while she collected her emotions.

Cat went into the conference room and gently closed the door. She said that Rach needed a few moments to settle her nerves. Shels, Ames, and Moon all quickly asked if Rach was okay. Cat's eyes were watery as she sat there, and then she said Rach really loved them. She wanted to make their lives better and for them to be Rach's family. Shels, Ames, and Moon were stunned in total disbelief that Rach really loved them, as well as wanted them in her home and life forever. Cat said those were Rach's exact words and not her misinterpretation.

Cat continued and told the girls that Rach now lived in a three-bedroom rental house, which was large enough for the five of them because Cat was also moving in to help Rach take care of them. She told them that Rach was building a new home, which could be finished in three months, but now certain modifications must be made for them. Cat finished, saying Rach would explain everything, but Cat wanted to make sure that Shels, Ames, and Moon understood how much Rach had changed her life for them in just one day.

Cat said that Rach was giving them real love, and they must return her love by being respectful and good girls. Rach would set house rules, which the girls should obey 100%. Cat continued saying the dream of every poor, abandoned, or abused person was to have someone who loved them unconditionally and not be hurt anymore. Rach would never harm a hair on any of their heads. Therefore the best way to accept Rach's love was by returning it to her ten-fold.

Cat said firmly: Love Begets Love!

Rach came into the conference room and said, today had been filled with surprises for all of them, and they needed to celebrate. So, she asked Cat to close the office early and send everyone to the small restaurant next door. Once Cat knew the number of people who would come, she should ring Rach. Secondly, the girls' Math teacher, Ms. Jocelyn Williams, was coming to the office. Cat should show her around and then bring her to the restaurant when she closes the office.

Rach was so happy that she was literally walking on air when she came and hugged Shels, Ames, and Moon. She said she was so happy for them to be her little sisters. Rach explained that it was best for the five of them to sleep upstairs at the office tonight. Then Cat and the girls would move into their new home at Rach's tomorrow morning.

Cat agreed, and then Rach smiled and hugged each girl again as she left to collect her thoughts before they all walked over to the restaurant. After Rach sat in her office for five minutes, she was now back to her calm and collected self, therefore decided to return to the conference room and spend more time with Shels, Ames, and Moon.

Rach spoke to the girls and Cat and committed herself to help the girls with their lives, especially finishing high school and university. She would always expect honesty from the three girls, and she would be honest with them. Rach further explained that she and Cat had worked well together for more than two years. They totally trusted each other, so everything should work out okay for the five of them in their new home.

Rach and the girls would work together and develop fair house rules for the girls since they were adults by state and federal law. However, since Rach would financially support them, she would have the final approval when they set guidelines for the girl's behavior. They would move to Rach's place in the morning, and then the girls would have a three-day break from studies until she received their high school records. Rach's friend Pam, a Doctor of Education, would review their files. She would then develop a curriculum and study schedule to help the girls finish high school and start university.

Rach continued that she knew that the girls had a thousand questions for her, but they could not be answered in an hour. Their math teacher, Ms. Williams, was coming over to see that the girls were safe. Ms. Williams would also be invited to stay for the small dinner party tonight that Rach was giving to celebrate their becoming a family.

One of the investment counselors tapped on the conference room door and said that Ms. Williams was here to see Rach. Ms. Williams entered the conference room, and Rach introduced her to Cat, who described herself as the Business Manager for Rach's company.

At this point, Rach stepped over and lightly hugged Jocelyn. Rach said she owed her a huge apology for her actions this morning in the school administration area. Rach was utterly wrong to have screamed at her because Jocelyn had wanted the girls to be safe. Rach's treatment of the teacher was out of order and totally uncalled for, so she hoped Jocelyn would forgive her.

Ms. Williams responded that she had thought in-depth on Rach's accusations of her not previously having helped Shels, Ames, and Moon with their school troubles. She was not proud of her previous inaction toward the girls' problems, as they were often bullied. Ms. Williams followed by saying she hoped that she and Rach could become friends and work together and help the three girls improve their lives.

Rach said she would be delighted to work with the teacher on the girls' behalf and then asked Ms. Williams did she have a name preference for the adults to use?

Jocelyn answered that she was named after her grandmother, and she loved the name Jocelyn and was that okay. Rach said absolutely; Jocelyn was a quite lovely name.

Cat then spoke up that from an earlier conversation with Shels, Ames, and Moon, Cat knew Jocelyn was a high school math teacher. Also, Moon had mentioned to her that Jocelyn was also an avid video game enthusiast.