The Day In My Life I Became Me Ch. 01-02

Story Info
A young woman's successful journey to love.
9k words
4.24
11.8k
10

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

THE DAY IN MY LIFE I BECAME ME: CH. 01-2.0

Prologue:

This is CH. 01 - 2.0 of my second erotic story submitted to Literotica. I continue being thankfully indebted to Candy_Kane54 for providing editing, style advice, and general encouragement for my several erotic story submissions.

I added this CH. 01 Rewrite -- 2.0 because a few readers complained of difficulties with some of the grammar. Most of the 100+ readers were okay with the original CH 01. Therefore, they need not read the 2.0 version unless desiring to compare the two versions, which were primarily grammatical changes.

However, two additional primary characters are listed below (Kelly and Moon), who will first appear in CH. 02.

Readers who desire can immediately commence reading CH.02.

Primary Characters:

Rachael (Rach) Saunders: MBA and Business Owner = 26 Years Old

Catherine (Cat) Jamieson: BS Math and Key Employee = 24 Years Old

Shels Gordon: HS Senior and Lost Girl #1 = 19 Years Old

Ames Davis: HS Senior and Lost Girl #2 = 19 Years Old

Jocelyn Williams: MA Education and HS Teacher = 26 Years Old / {CH. 02}

M. Chee (Moon) Hahn: HS Senior and Lost Girl #3 = 18 Years Old / {CH. 02}

Kelly Phillips: Resident Manager St. John's Group Home = 24 Years Old / {CH. 02}

BACKGROUND:

Today, Rachel relaxed in the office of her new investment firm while she took a long hard look at her life. She pondered when or what was the exact time in her life that brought her here. Almost everyone can acknowledge that something occurred that changed their life at a particular point in their life. It could be a person, an event, or other ecliptic action that propelled them into making major life choices, such as where and what to study or their career choice.

A good friend would reason that Rach had entirely too much free time on her hands, needing more drama in her life. Therein lays her fundamental issue with life since Rach does not have any good or close friends to help her stay focused. Virtually all her human-to-human physical contact was with work associates.

Rachael (Rach) Saunders was her name, and she stood fairly tall on a nice slim build. Some people viewed her as cute, and she certainly felt that she was attractive, although not the type that was a model quality. However, Rach did concede that other people often viewed her attractive as well. She was twenty-six years old and held an MBA from a Northern USA-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) University. She was currently the sole owner of a successful investment firm that boasted a unique business plan which worked perfectly. Yet, Rach continued to question what day, event, or time in her life landed her there!

Rach was born and reared in Northern Florida as an only child and lived a middle-class lifestyle. She believed her parents loved each other dearly; however, they basically kept a tightly sealed lid on their emotional selves. Rach's parents participated in most activities of a typical middle-class family; however, their nuclear and extended families were small.

Rach quite enjoyed her time in primary and secondary schools. Her grades were excellent, with her having been on the honor roll every graded period. She was not interested in competitive sports; however, she was passionate about being a distance runner and also excelled as a horseback rider. In retrospect, Rach loved those two activities because she was a loner. Most of her small-town neighbors labeled her as an introverted loner. They were correct as she was most comfortable when secluded from others.

Life was rocked for Rach in her senior year of High School when her parents died in a small-craft boating accident. Naturally, Rach was terribly distressed with her Mom and Dad's deaths at the young age of seventeen years old. They were indeed her lifeline, even as they kept their outward emotions tightly checked. However, several neighbors and the St. John's Church Community helped her function somewhat normally during that early life crisis, which Rach was totally unprepared for.

Rach persevered through her senior year and High School graduation once she eventually adjusted to their loss. As Rach stated earlier, her parents and few other local extended family members were not a highly emotional lot. So, after a few weeks of despair, she regained her balance and slowly continued on with life. Rach's parents were very cautious in their lives; therefore, they had the best insurance coverage available to them, with Rach as the sole beneficiary.

Rach met with the Law Firm, which managed the financial trust she inherited at the age of seventeen, most of which was their family property. Allison, who handled Rach's financial trust fund, wisely invested the insurance proceeds and disposed of the property to Rach's financial advantage. This left Rach with sufficient disposable income for daily needs and long-term investments for her future benefit. Additionally, Rach had previously been awarded a full scholarship for her five-year MBA program at the ACC University in Boston. Therefore, most of Rach's life was proceeding as well as could be expected after the untimely death of her parents.

However, virtually all of Rach's free time had previously been occupied by parents and studies. With the death of her parents when Rach was seventeen, a significant gap in Rach's daily life had been created. This had left only classroom studies to consume a considerable portion of her time and emotions.

Rach was reasonably confident that the timing of her parents' death had a lot to do with why she now sat at her desk questioning "The Day In My Life I Became Me." However, she certainly did not feel their deaths were the primary or sole reason for who she was or would become.

Rach excelled academically at the Boston University and used quite a bit of her free time to study financial investments since being a loner with financial stability allowed her much free time to play with penny stocks. This was a natural activity for an MBA major that had not developed any close friendships throughout her five years of university studies.

Rach developed her "Theories on Successful Investing," an investment model that packaged high-moderate-low risk investments into subgroups. These subgroups defined the expected matured and timed high dollar margin returns to be expected. She lived in a small apartment in Chestnut Hill just west of Boston, not needing or desiring a roommate. Therefore, Rach was the only person that knew of and had easy access to her investment packages computer models, which were jealously guarded.

In Rach's fourth year of MBA studies, she had designed the Mother Lode investment package. This resulted in her being financially secure for life, provided she sensibly managed her finances. However, she was well aware that investing money in most situations was comparable to gambling and can definitely spiral out of control if one was not cautious.

Rach graduated Cum Laude in her MBA class and returned to the general area of her youth. She finally decided to relocate to Tybee Island, GA, following graduation, where she currently resides.

STARTING HER COMPANY:

After graduation, Rach relocated to Tybee Island and signed a six-month rental agreement on a quaint three-bedroom cottage. Her immediate task was to decide on the best area suited for permanent residence and then identify a potential business property and/or structure to purchase. She needed to live within a twenty to thirty-minute drive of her business office and was quite careful in her search, which required a few months to complete. Therefore, Rach extended her lease for the cottage another six months. The owner was pleasantly thrilled since few residents live year-round on Tybee. As a result, Rach was able to focus solely on the business development component of her life.

The business location would initially occupy one level. However, local zoning rules allowed for finishing the second level as a personal residence or business expansion if desired. Rach would occupy the largest first-floor private office in the facility. There were also five additional smaller offices, a reception area, a well-appointed conference room, and a small canteen. Presently, the second level had three personal sleeping and toilet areas if she or a staff consultant stayed and worked overnight. If all proceeded according to her business plan, the second level would be fully remodeled and refitted for business in three years.

According to Rach's business plan, the company owned the building and all contents, including computers, smartphones, and furniture. All electronic instruments were privately encrypted; therefore, downloads to any non-corporate-owned electronics were not possible, as well as prohibited. The newly recruited Investment Contractor(s) walked in to work on their first day and only needed their brain to start work immediately. Each contractor was entitled to work for one year absolutely rent-free while developing their client base and generating positive cash flow on commission income. Once their commission income reached a sustained level, the company charged them a twenty-five percent fee. The commission billing fee percentage would decrease as their billings dollar volume increased. If the contractor(s) was intelligent and aggressive, they would be earning six figures annually within eighteen months, with absolutely zero out-of-pocket business startup costs.

All now had proceeded according to plan with the facility purchased and renovations completed to Rach's specs. As a result, the search for skilled investment contract workers had now moved forward at full speed.

Catherine (Cat) Jamieson was the first investment person contracted for the company. She was a quiet and talented woman that saw a business news ad for unique investment opportunities available to a contractor. After five minutes into Cat's interview, it was readily apparent that she was brilliant, and her personality meshed beautifully with Rach's. Cat agreed to a five-year contract working as an investment manager. She also committed to working for the company as a part-time employee for ten hours each week. Cat wrote and maintained the company's Contract Investor Procedures Manual. She was a whiz at those kinds of documentation projects, which Rach could perform, but did not enjoy these types of detail-oriented tasks.

After several more interviews, two additional female and one male contractor were signed on with three-year contracts. They had to attend and pass a one-week operations training class taught by Cat before their contracts being finalized. The company had space for a fourth contractor, but that space was left open for later hire.

The company's business had grown nicely, and Rach was in a very comfortable place financially with the commission income from the four investment contractors. However, she felt it was now time to bring on a receptionist as the first full-time employee. Rach asked Cat to serve the HR functions for this one full-time employee.

CONTEMPLATION:

Rach's thoughts on her lack of romance and close personal friends constantly zinged her on a subconscious level. Rach had never seriously dated anyone in the past and just allowed a few kisses in her twenty-six years. The kisses felt quite bland; therefore, Rach did not think she had missed anything important by not dating. Oh well, she thought, just something for her to place on the back burner again.

Toward the end of Rach's reflection moment, there was an unexpected noise in the entry area. This caught Rach's attention once she'd released her subconscious-level thoughts on friends and dating. Her company was not positioned for walk-in business, and Rach had not yet placed the advertisement for a receptionist, so the interruption was unexpected. Rach took a quick peek out her office door and noticed a brown-skinned girl who looked relatively young, gazing wide-eyed around the office. She thought, oh well, Cat would buzz her if she was needed.

Cat stepped over to the young girl, and introduced herself, then asked what she needed.

The girl responded nervously, oh, hi. Her name was Shels Jor Jor Jordan, and she was lost. She then quickly asked what kind of work was done in this building? Did they need anyone else to work there?

Cat smiled impishly and asked Shels, what kind of work had she previously done?

Shels continued to gaze wide-eyed all around the office and replied she could do whatever work they needed someone for!

Cat answered that they had planned to hire a receptionist soon. However, the owner had not placed an ad yet.

Shels quickly said she could do that cause she really wanted to work.

Rach had become intrigued with this exchange between Cat and Shels, so she stepped out of her office and said she would talk with Shels,

The two other female investment contractors smiled at the young girl while the guy smirked, shaking his head negatively until Rach gave him a hard stare.

Rach took Shels into the conference room and gave her a bottle of water to sip. She introduced herself and said that she owned this company and asked Shels to please tell her about her school and work experience.

Shels replied, what exactly did Rach want to know about her?

Rach said, to start with, her age, education level, where she lived, and why Shels was out on Tybee today and not at school?

Shels became very teary-eyed and agitated, was quiet for a moment, then quickly stood and said she was leaving!

Rach simply asked why?

Shels started to softly cry and complained that she did not have a life or money, and she only had one real friend from school. She was nineteen and just a senior in high school because she was very sick for one year when she was fifteen. Her good friend was also nineteen and poor, so almost everyone at school bullied them! Shels also felt her friend was hit and hurt by her folks at home.

Are you hungry, Shels? Shels excitedly shook her head yes!

Rach asked Cat to order four large Pizzas and Salads for everyone to share at lunch. She then returned her attention to Shels.

Shels continued that her grades were only fair, but she was not stupid. She was just so sick and tired of being poor and being bullied and laughed at by the other students in school. Shels had wandered around for a while and was a bit lost. This place looked beautiful and friendly, so she just walked in for some peace of mind. Cat was so friendly and talked nice to her, so she thought it would be nice to work here. Everyone had smiled at me, except for the man. She felt that he would treat her mean, like the school bullies.

Rach asked Shels what was her friend's name, and where was she now? Could Shels phone and ask her friend to come to their office later?

Shels answered that her name was Ames, and she could call her, but Shels was lost and did not know exactly where she was located on Tybee.

Rach said, okay, call Ames and tell her to take a taxi to this address, and the company would pay the driver. Then, Rach sent Shels to the restroom to wash her hands, clean the tears from her face, and settle down. Rach added that after Shels was finished washing up, she should come back to her office, pointing it out to her.

Cat walked over and stood just outside Rach's office, then asked, what was with this girl?

Rach replied that she was at a loss. However, she would get her last name for Cat to check Shels status with the Tybee school system. Rach would also try to learn more from Shels about her life. Additionally, Shels had a close friend named Ames who had similar problems and was often hit at home. Rach then told Cat that she had asked Shels to phone Ames and have her come there by taxi. Please keep an eye out for a taxi with a young girl passenger at their entrance and pay the driver her fare with a nice tip included.

Rach did not know the history of what has happened with this young girl, but she strongly felt that she should help her.

Shels came to Rach's office looking a bit more settled. Rach said to Shels, she wanted to help her and possibly her friend Ames. Rach's company worked in high-level finance. The five staff, which included her, all had four or five-year university degrees. Rach planned to hire a receptionist soon to answer the phones and to help with other office projects. A university degree was not required for this job, but the person did need good verbal and writing skills.

Rach asked, Shels, when was she and Ames scheduled to graduate from high school? Was she passing all her subjects? Also, where did she live and with whom? Rach knew that Shels had cut school because of being constantly teased and bullied by other kids. However, Shels needed to be completely honest with Rach about everything. If Shels was honest with her, maybe Rach could help her and Ames.

While they ate pizza in her office, Rach learned that Shels was basically homeless and that Ames lived with abusive relatives. Rach then phoned St. John's Church and asked if Pam was there. When Pam came on the line, Rach told her about Shels and Ames. Rach also told Pam that she wanted to help the two girls. She said she knew it was risky; however, she wanted to take them home with her tonight, ensuring they were safe.

Pam felt this was a bit premature with Rach since Rach did not really know the two girls or their backgrounds. She suggested that maybe Rach, Cat, and the two girls stay at the office tonight since there were temporary living spaces upstairs. Pam added that Rach should take the girls to shop for nice inexpensive school clothes tomorrow morning and then visit the school with them. Visiting their school should help Rach better understand the dynamics of what has happened with Shels and Ames.

Rach exclaimed, that was a terrific suggestion, and she would update Pam tomorrow after the school visit.

Cat agreed to stay overnight with Rach, and both girls were pleased to be in a friendly place. Ames was a pale and freckled redhead, while Shels had a cocoanut-brown skin color and long black hair. Otherwise, they were both slim in body size and similar in height. The upstairs sleeping area and bathrooms were stocked with a few toiletries, beddings, and other needed items for an overnight stay. This allowed Rach, Cat, and the two girls a bit of comfort. The four of them enjoyed dinner, watched a Netflix movie, and relaxed upstairs before bedtime.

They would all sleep at Rach's business tonight, and then Rach would visit the high school tomorrow with Shels and Ames. Rach knew absolutely zilch about being a parent or big sister, so tomorrow would be quite interesting. Rach was and always had been a loner, or that was what she thought until that very evening.

Rach was now lying in bed questioning herself for the umpteenth time, "What is the day in my life I became me?" She was now twenty-six years old, the owner of a flourishing investment business, and poised to purchase a beautiful home near the beach.

"Yes!" Life Seemed Perfect For Rach!

"No!" Rach had a Major Secret.

She was a Twenty-Six Year Old "Virgin!"

© 2021

THE DAY IN MY LIFE I BECAME ME. CH. 02. - RACHAEL SEES LIGHT - 1

Rach woke slowly following a restless sleep in the investment office upstairs personal area. She, Cat, Shels, and Ames had spent the night there after Shels talked with Rach and explained some of the negative things happening in her life, especially at the high school.

Both Shels and Ames were often bullied at the high school. Basically, they were picked on because they were poor and because Shels was of mixed race with a cocoa brown skin tone inherited from her biological parents. After the girls were in bed, Rach spoke again with Pam from the St. John's community since she had hoped Pam would provide her some insight on the two girls' school and family problems. Pam was an education major and held a doctorate in Public Education (EdD) from the ACC Boston University. She was also the Program Director for the St. John's Primary Day School.