All Comments on 'The Dead World Ch. 16'

by SeraphNocturne

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthor11 months ago

I'm a broken record, but 5 stars!

I love the humanizing moments for characters whom I dislike; it REALLY brings them to life. Fantastic work, as always

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

A great story and it explores the moral justification we give ourselves to do evil.

Slash raped her but won’t admit it because then he is a bad man. He justifies his rape by saying she agreed to a contract even if it is sexual slavery , as if she had a choice.

I’m glad you had one person of moral character ask the hard questions and hold up a mirror to the hypocrisy of justifying rape because she set the terms of her slavery..

Watching her spirit break, though uncomfortable, is reality. Even the strongest person will eventually crumble if beaten or raped enough and she reached that point. It’s why Stockholm Syndrome is real. It’s why long-term kidnap victims will often convince themselves they love their captor. It’s how the mind copes with survival.

Well done but I won’t be reading anymore, watching people give into evil is…unpleasant.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fan theory: Matt is alive and he's Achilles. I can't remember if Matt was ever described or not and it doesn't make total sense but that would be quite the twist.

Great chapter as usual, looking forward to our regularly scheduled spicy content next chapter 😅

Also, I appreciate all the updates on you bio page!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 STARS

Skully got his foot on a pressure cooker, but he doesn't know it's going to explode in a hell in a handbasket of epic portions that he 'can't comp rend or control anymore after this. After Skully want to intrude on his time after breaking rotation on contract time, after that Dog is leaving the group permanently this time for now, before one or two explode in the now volatile combustible group. Even though Dog thinks he's just bad as rest of them guys (probably not, but Charlie is hard to resist, but Dog is on much tamer side of the spectrum in my opinion.

Skully seems to think he's a big fish in the dead world, but he'll find out soon enough after all his tormenting games playing with Charlie and Dog is only adding fuel to the fire, As Skully is going to be in over his head, when he's supposedly outgunned , outnumbered by mysterious community hostile forces (whose not as soft hearted as our Charlie girl and her hyper healing factor never ceases to amaze me.) and none of his BS at the resort.

As our hot heroine Charlie (still not calling her Dove) screw you Skully, anyway Skully becomes an architect of his own destruction (but Charlie won't be saving her tormentor/Contractor either) as pressure builds who knows what might happen.

Whoever ends pulling the trigger or leaving Skully's fate to die by a horde of Walkers, or hostile forces is up in the air for now.

Looking forward to Slash to cashing that favor next time with that show she promised him (but ends being surprising humane to Charlie about her young boyfriend Dog's missing whereabouts, then right to back to jerk again.

Although I think Diablo, Dog, slash have Charlie's support (whom might be her side) if and when Skully dies or is it Oz, I should be concerned about?

My best speculation guesses.

Continue on

Cheers!

LanaNLanaN11 months ago

I always look forward to reading your story! I really like seeing the group members having private conversations, we get to learn so much about them.

.

Naturally, I'm a Slash fan, so every scene with him is great, but I was still excited to see more about Oz and get a taste of his and Skully's relationship. Arguably

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne11 months agoAuthor

@Whackdoodle

Wow, thank you so much! I've seen you around because you comment often, your voice is powerful and your critiques are unapologetically blunt... so it's definitely flattering to have a positive reception.

.

This is without a doubt one of my 'don't expect happy endings' pieces. It was always intended to be very raw and dark in it's nature. Slash is a piece of shit, but there's hope for redemption there. Skully is the fucking devil so not so much. Like most apocalyptic worlds the good die young here. The entire crumbling, decaying setting of The Dead World delves deeply into the psychology and nature of evil in a world where laws are nonexistent and the existential crisis of building insanity from the viral threat continues to pick the world apart bit by bit.

Inevitably, my vision for Charlie is to rise above it all, no matter what is thrown at her. Our girl is tough. It's a shit hand she's been dealt, I acknowledge that very much as the author. I'm leaning happy ending for The Dead World, but the road to get there is bound for unpleasantries so no hard feelings at all for bowing out. I wasn't aware you were following this series, but seriously, thank you for hanging in so long. Happy to have you!

.

I promise I won't always write insane stories like this one, so perhaps you might find something more suited to your tastes in the future. :)

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne11 months agoAuthor

@MediocreAuthor

Thank you for reading darlin’, you’re the bestest. While half of our cast is spiraling there’s still a sliver of hope for some among them, some of the boys make really awful decisions but they haven’t completely lost touch with humanity, not all of them.

.

@Anonymous - 5 STARS…

All of your thoughts are HIGHLY observant here, you’re spot on in a lot of ways. I won’t spoil anything for you guys but, as they say… there’s always a bigger fish and karma is a bitch. Skully is definitely setting himself up to be sans support if and when the shit hits the fan by driving such serious wedges and manipulating the group. Safe to say right now Charlie is making the best of a very bad situation, but she has rallying support from the good among them. It was actually such a hard thing to do to write Dog out, but ultimately, he’d rather them part for now than be forced into anything like they’ve endured in the past.

.

We’re bound for redemption archs in the future, as well as far greater threats… I’ve said it a few times in the last, our “villains” so far are baby weight in comparison to the evil that’s out there.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne11 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - Fan theory…

I’ll continue keeping TDW fans up to date on my process via Bio, I figured it was wise once I learned that there were members checking regularly for updates.

.

Matthew is never described in detail just a few mentions of his personality, his presence is very vaguely referred to throughout from Charlie’s point of view… but that’s a fantastic theory. 😄 I will deny nor confirm anything hahahah!

.

I omitted two scenes that would’ve spiced this Chapter up and I think I’m getting score dinged for it since it’s so mild for the NC/R category… but sometimes I need a break from writing NC guys, I can’t lie, this series is intense! 🤣

.

I’ve been slowly stretching Chapters closer to 20K words and I’m trying to avoid that while keeping the story progressing forward. Have no fear though. You guys will get your degenerate filth fix here, next Chapter, I promise. 😅

@DBM

I’m definitely striving to give more insight to our cast, and having them operating as a unit despite the really crazy wedges they’ve got driving in between, the struggles with darkness and morality, and touching base on their humanity. Oz and Ruthless will be in the squad spotlight in the next few chapters!

I’ll also be working on an side series for The Dead World titled Ground Zero, which will showcase our survivors’ stories beginning at day one when the virus outbreak begins!

LanaNLanaN11 months ago

@Seraph

.

That's great news! I'm really excited to see how the group was before they had to become 'road warriors'. I'm a big fan of seeing the beginning of a dystopian future because it's so chaotic.

.

My last comment cut off (dumb phone), but I was going to say that Skully and Oz had arguably the most complex relationship in the series, which I appreciate. It's fifty-fifty whether Oz will protect or not protect his brother at this point.. or, at least, I feel it's starting to lean to the point will Oz knows Skully is a lost cause and might have to make the hard decision. Assuming the poor man lives. He's a good guy, after all, and they don't have a high mortality rate.

.

I have also expressed to MediocreAuthor that I had the same theory as Anon about Matt being in the compound. I don't know if he's Achilles, but it's a good bet that if he went missing, the friendly neighborhood dictators had something to do with it.

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne11 months agoAuthor

@DBM

I agree, the absolute fucking chaos in the earliest days is going to be intense to pen. As of right now Charlie, Oz, Skully, Slash, Diablo and Ruthless are all definite stories going into Ground Zero. Once I'm not juggling so much I'll start plotting them out. Given Dog's age and the violent nature of his backstory, I might not write it because it might make me cry, but if I do it'll only be available upon request. Age paired with violence is not going to pass here on Lit.

.

I agree with you on the brothers. They're age difference really makes Oz more of a father figure than a brother to Skully. Oz is without a doubt the most sound voice of reason among the group, his sense of morality and being one of the more sane individuals left might push him into making some extremely challenging and unthinkable decisions here in the future, especially as it seems Skully is spiraling into a mind frame of being hellbent on causing some permanent mental trauma to anyone around him.

.

Matt being alive is a popular theory at this point! You guys will just have to wait and see if it's true or not bwahahaha... I can say that I'm going to have to rethink some directions and plot paths based on fan theories, you guys have some fantastic ideas and some of your thoughts if applied would only make for a better story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I just finished The Last of Us and maybe that's why I like this series so much. I need my Pedro fix haha. There are definitely similarities, but this story features all the things we actually wanted from the show 🤠

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne10 months agoAuthor

Anonymous - I just finished The Last of Us...

My love for post-apocalyptic media like The Last of Us, The Walking Dead, Black Summer, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later etc. DEFINITELY inspired my creation of The Dead World! I've been a sucker for anything zombies or dystopian for the longest. I've tried very much to deviate from stereotypical tropes and avoid mimicking any plot points I've seen elsewhere in my hopes of creating an original story with The Dead World, it's not easy to do, seeing as just about everything under the sun has been done with zombies!

.

It's origin point was a roleplay idea that was never fulfilled, right here on the Literotica forums. I couldn't find a collaborator who could portray the all-male survivor group quite how I wanted, so I shelved the plot to work on as a solo piece, and here we are.

.

I had the thought of readers who've been intrigued by popular media featuring the dark, gritty world of post-apoc reanimated corpses entirely in mind when penning this series... it touches places where popular media dare not tread. I can't see this story ever seeing the light of day in popular media, unless they omit a LOT of really fucked up scenes, but hey...it might make it as an anime rendition some day!

.

Thanks so much for reading! I'll be pumping out Ch. 17 here soon, and hopefully Ch. 18 right behind it... these chapters leading up to 20 are going to be wild!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just purchased on smash words site. Excited for chapter 17 soon! 5 stars

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne10 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous - Just purchased on smash words...

Thank you so very kindly, delighted you've enjoyed the series so much! I'm on holiday, so I'll be well at work on Chapter 17 for the next few days with a hopeful release of the weekend at the latest, thanks for being so patient everyone!

Djmac1031Djmac103110 months ago

Slash is certainly an interesting bird, isn't he?

Still don't know quite what to make of him.

Sigh. Oh, Danny. I get why he ran off. But he still hasn't learned, has he?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

☆☆☆☆☆ :) great story, looking forward to more

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Update?

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne8 months agoAuthor

Anonymous - Update?

Chapter 17 is completed, my editor should have it back to me today so it’ll be submitted by this evening. It usually takes two days or so before they publish.

I’m beginning 18 promptly to make up for my little hiatus. Thanks so much for being patient!

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistime8 months ago

Aaaaaah yes, yeyes! Update coming, maybe tomorrow? Yippee!

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne8 months agoAuthor

evebroughtanaxthistime - Aaaaaah yes, yeyes! Update coming, maybe tomorrow? Yippee!

.

Yesss it's in pending still but it's ready to go! As soon as I get a publication date I'll update in my profile! :D Thanks for being so patient, you guys are awesome.

majapromajapro4 months ago

what a man has to do for love, poor dog :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeraphNocturne@SeraphNocturne
The Dead World is being published to Literotica.com for READING PURPOSES ONLY and is SOLD EXCLUSIVELY on Smashwords. You should not find this novel series anywhere else online. I only publish under the penname Seraph Nocturne. Every chapter has a disclaimer referring to Litero...