All Comments on 'The Deathsuit'

by Etaski

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
That was deep

and very good. I'm studying (as a very, very mature student) creative writing including a module on horror and Speculative Fiction.

Your story rates as a materpiece.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderabout 5 years ago
I was lost

I'm not going to rate it because maybe it was my fault that I didn't understand what I just read. It seemed disjointed like a dream and I just couldn't follow it.

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
Too dense for me

and too many characters/being types, without any context of what they do or are, or for that matter the socio-political world they all live in. That was work to get thru, and I like sci-fi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Had to look up the races and history but...

Was a good read. Very good love story. Even though the jumpy vignette style is not my favorite, you used it really well. There's also love!

But great sci fi gives a bit more hand holding and introductions so more readers can get more out of it. Please keep writing, but also just a little bit more accessibility.

ChasedDreamChasedDreamabout 4 years ago
Good, but confusing

I didn't know about the setting, but it didn't bother me too much. What did is the dreamy, deliberately confusing story; had to assume, guess, read between the lines a lot - it kept me on my toes. A lot of meaning with too little words.

What is also more like a dream, not a story, are the characters and the story development itself. Some characters just show up and.... they are gone. Without any clear influence on the story. I know the deep web of links you like to weave between the story, Etaski. Maybe this story is just too short for this... Anyways, I enjoyed reading this, reminded me of dreams I sometimes have.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEtaski@Etaski
5/28/2023: "The Desert: Tales of Miurag #2" is my newest book! My ultimate Villains' Origin. It can be read as a standalone, but plays into "Sister Seekers" as well! https://books2read.com/DesertToM "The Desert" was previously published as 2 backstory novellas, "Sisters of ...