The Demon's Surogate Ch. 01

Story Info
A book ensares a Libraian as breeding experiment of a demon.
12k words
4.47
17.8k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In a suburban town built around a historic university, there was a library that was a privately funded building which has been expanded upon countless times before being acquired by the state. Its founding members nourished its growth. The history is obscure with a variety of stories of what transpired there. Some say it housed secret meetings of the Illuminati from being a stopping point for the underground railroad to being ritual grounds for satanic demonstrations.

Nowadays it's state-owned, acting as both a library for the town and the University. The original building acts as a museum to show off what it started and a 3-story building was built as a connection next to it who's exterior is modeled on what the original small library was and the interior is a modern take on a library housing a vast majority of books, several multimedia rooms, and study rooms. It sees an array of visitors from tourists to university attendees to residents. It was a relatively quiet library with an obscured past.

Seated at the desk in the middle of the modern library was the librarian Alexis, her skin was a subtle dark shade of caramel, and her natural thick curly black hair fell just to her shoulders providing some secrecy to her facial expressions. Her attire was a long sleeve cardigan with a button-down t-shirt underneath, a heavy wool skirt, and a pair of leggings along with a pair of flats. She was one of the few who intern at the library and the perks of interning there were it helped to add to her experience for her master's in library science degree.

When she's not in the library for her internship, she's either practicing with her dance squad or studying away in the library itself. Many jokes she lives and sleeps in the library, but though they joke, they aren't far from the truth as Alexis sometimes found herself there more than in her dorm room. Her dorm-mate, Lindsay, doesn't complain as much since it gives her plenty of time to have peace even though Alexis is hardly a noisy one, she is quiet and reserved.

It was another quiet day at the library, it was a Saturday before spring break so not many visitors were there. Even though some classes were happening during spring break, some were getting ready for the week away to popular party getaways. With Alexis, she's not a partier so she never got hooked on the whole getaway to drink yourself to liver failure in a week. Opting to run the library allotted her ample time to do her studies for her thesis without many interruptions. After finishing up some last-minute bookkeeping tasks for late return notices and newly checkout book confirmation Alexis decided to take care of the after-hours return book drop-off bin.

Standing up from her desk, she grabbed the gray cart that was flush against the side of her desk and began to push up the center aisle that went from the main entrance to her desk. Once at the entrance, she produced a key ring clipped to the waistband of her skirt that held a massive amount keys. Flicking through them slow and steady she studied each one, some were sparkling new and others wore down so much you'd wonder how they would be viable for opening the door they open. Once coming across the key that opens the after-hours return bin, she unlocked the bin and lifted the heavy bin. Placing the bin on the cart with some struggle, she retrieved the empty bin on the bottom of her cart and put it in the drop-off bin place before locking the return bins door and clipping the keys onto her waistband.

One thing that students seemed accountable for doing was book returns. A few strays from on-time returns, but Saturdays always had a large quantity of returned books. Wheeling the cart with the bin full of returns, she passed by her desk and pick up the handheld to check the books back in. With not much struggle, despite having the handheld to validate their locations, she began returning the books where they belonged.

Luckily for her, the experience of working here for a long she knew how to instinctively read the library coding system imprinted under the barcode. Up and down aisles she maneuvered scanning and putting books back where they belong. Occasionally she'd have to use the handheld because of some older books having wear and tear so the location wasn't clear to read. It was then something caught her attention.

In the pile of books, she had withdrawn a book, and as she examined all the crevices no identification of what the book was present. Not even the book title was present and unusually the book was light despite being a thick leather-bound book. She studied it noting the edges of the paper were gold trimmed and some pages appeared to be loose.

Opening the book, she quickly fanned through it and felt the air in her lungs momentary gone as she basked in the light breeze of the fanning of the book. Once she skimmed through the book and regained her breath she was perplexed by the emptiness of the book. Deducing it must be someone's overly priced journal they purchased from the local craft store she walked the book over to her desk and tossed it in the Lost & found bin on a hunch that someone would be looking for the journal.

Walking back to her cart, she resumed her restocking task, she wheeled her cart back over to her desk and took a seat down behind her desk. Tapping a few times on her handheld, a low ding emitted from her desktop computer and she put the handheld back down on the docking station. On the monitor were all the books she had scanned as returns.

Naturally, she skimmed through the list to make sure all were linked to the person that checked them out. It was a rare occasion, but she would find glitches where books would be checked in, but not linked to a student's account. It was then an unusual book ID number caught her eye that hadn't been linked to a student account.

The unusual number sequence was 6-666-999-6969-69. She let out a snort laugh at the number sequence and clicked on the book ID to see what the book was. Once the book profile came up, she both was humored by the book's title and perplexed by the lack of information. The profile looked as so:

Catalogue Number: 6-666-999-6969-69

Location: F1-Q6-C9-B6-S9

Book title: Book of Lust

Author: Unknown

Edition/Volume: 1/1

Publisher: Unknown

Description: N/A

History

The information was vague and missing pieces. Despite the sexual innuendo of the catalog number, she wondered what the book was. Clicking on the history link brought up a list of previous transactions of the book. Once she clicked the history link on the book profile only one transaction populated which left her confused. The sole transaction was herself and she was perplexed to see it was time-stamped as dropped off by her today. She took a gander at the location; F1-Q6-C9-B6-S9.

Again, the theme around this book was looking ever so coincidence, but suspicious. Looking out in space, she began to go through the map of the library mentally and tried to hone on the spot she would have put the book. She was on the current floor 1, but quadrant 6 wasn't sounding familiar. Primarily the library was broken up into 5 quarters; the middle circle was quadrant 1, then subsequently the exterior of that first quadrant was broken up evenly into 4.

Turning her attention to her desktop, she brought up the map of the library and analyze the first-floor map. Everything looked firmly correct in its labeling and she checked the other floors to make sure they weren't of similar outline to the first floor which by her knowledge they were. After confirming her prior knowledge, she returned her focus to the first floor again, and scaling the first-floor map she was trying to spot the error that she was overlooking. Then her eyes fell on the outcast that she was excluding: the museum.

The library hadn't categorized the museum since all the books were deemed historic so it remained as more of a display purpose. When the new library was built as an add-on to the old library, all the books had a copy purchased and placed in the new library to keep the museum as authentic to its last day that it was officially operating as a library before the state had transitioned from the museum over to the new.

Since it was a slow day and no one was there, Alexis stood up and decided to go investigate. Making her way over to the other side of the library she stood staring into the museum that had the traditional red velvet rope line cues quarantining people from entering. It was only on certain days throughout the week people could tour the museum. During non-visit days, the museum was roped off, but the lights were kept on to allow for viewing from afar. Alexis looked around making sure no one was seeing her enter the museum. She was the only worker there but was banking on no one wanting to check out a book. Luckily, she had a pager that linked up with the call button on the front counter in case she was needed.

With assurance no one was nearby, she stepped over the velvet rope and a chill ran down her spine. The museum was kept a few degrees lower than the actual library and she shivered at the coolness of the museum. She looked around and began to investigate the bookcases. She smiled as they bared a similar marking like the bookcases in the modern library and were labeled with numbers.

Walking around she found section number 6, then she scaled down counting the bays until she reached subsection 9 and she found herself secluded in the corner, not in direct line of sight with the library. The spines of each book still resembled the book names and counting down the shelves she reached the 6th one which was just above her head. Keeping her hand inches from the books she began to read each spine till she came across the book name Book of Lust. Unusual that a book would be organized by the last word in its title. Standing on her toes, she grabbed the spine with sensitive touch and began to pull.

Alexis let out a loud shriek that was muffled quickly by the rotation of the bookshelf she was in front of. She found herself in a crawl space and noticed a glowing light to her left. With the book she extracted from the shelf she began to approach the glowing light and found herself descending a small set of stairs, she discovered a round stone room with a wooden door that was lit by two torches on both sides. The door seemed weathered but in working condition. Running her hand over the door. The rough exterior sent chills through her body and it was like a presence was drawing her in. Sliding her hands down to the doorknob, she proceeded to turn it, but it didn't budge. Examining the doorknob, she took note of a keyhole and had a crazy idea.

Luckily, she had clipped the library keys to her skirt, placing the book in one of her armpits she produced the large key ring and flipped through the various keys on it. After cycling through a few she came across one that went to the main entrance to the old library. It was eerily similar to an old fashion skeleton key with three teeth, each tooth a different size.

Lining up the key to the hole, she carefully inserted the key which freely entered with no resistance. She was shocked and pleased with the key fitting and slowly she began to turn the key. She could hear and feel the mechanics of the old lock maneuvering inside the door clanking and crunching. With her other hand on the knob, as soon as the key could turn no more, she carefully turned the no longer stuck knob and pushed the door open.

Entering the unlocked door, she was met by a gush of wind which sort of knocked the wind out of her. It was like the room was pressurized for something. Once inside she could see it was a room filled with a desk, various amount of bookshelves, and a few pieces of furniture that were aligned in front of a fireplace. Along the wall, opposite the door, she came through was shelving with various amounts of bottles with liquids, beakers with what looked like vegetation, and vials with powders. Behind the desk was a leather chair, various scrolls, and some type of stand that housed a book.

Looking at the book, the inscription appeared to be in another language with odd shapes decorated about the cover. The room was lit faintly by candles and she took note of a small indent next to the fireplace which seemed to lead somewhere else.

Remembering she had the book from the bookcase still wedged in her armpit, she took it out and looked at it. Seeing the condition of the book, it looked familiar.

Big, but light with golden edges of the paper and various sheets looking like they were about to fall out. It dawned on her it was the book she had put in the Lost & Found bin at her front counter. Perplexed by the fact that it had writing on the outside now and not when she found it in the return bin, she placed it on the desk and opened it. The blank pages before were no longer blank. Each page like the last was filled with vast drawings and writing. Fanning through the pages she was mesmerized by the vast information in the book. Suddenly a sound alerted her and she looked up next to the fireplace. Out stepped a figure in a robe with its hood drawn and Alexis's heart raced at the sudden intruder.

"Wh...wh....who ar...ar...are you?" Asked Alexis through her petrified fear.

"My name is Mohiba, but others call me Mo" responded the figure with a soothing female voice giving a cautious wave with her hand. "Who are you?" Alexis felt a calming sensation wash over creating a comfortable feeling with the figure.

"My name's Alexis, I'm the librarian of the adjoined library to this place." She watched as the figure fully emerged from the area next to the fireplace. Though the hooded robe hid some, the figure possessed a small framed body from what the robe had to offer. "Is this your place?"

"Well, it's not just mine, it's all of ours." Mo walked around the room with a distance between her and Alexis.

"What do you mean all of ours, are there others back from where you just came from?" Alexis looked panicked towards the entry where Mo had come from.

"No, at the moment it's just I. Though the rule restricts to one being out and about," Her parade around the room had her passing by Alexis slowly.

"Rules of what?"

"Of this," Mo pointed at the book that Alexis had been handling that sat on the desk. "This book you wonder why it finds its way here don't you? You see this book at first may come across as blank, but once a handler handles it the book opens itself. It houses many of us, but feeding off the beholder it transmutes one of us to come through." Alexis stared at a set of eyes of Mo beneath the hood of her robe, again a pulsating sensation of comfort, relief, and a new feeling of arousal washed over Alexis who did a quick shake to clear the cobwebs that had been forming over her mind.

"I'm confused, are you saying this book is magic?" She turned the page once more.

"In a way it is. Both a blessing and a curse. Unfortunately, it allows one of us to come out. Sometimes, more can be summoned, but that's on a rare occasion. Typically, a ritual has to be underway for more to come forth." Mo walked closer to Alexis, stopping next to her.

"Ritual? Ritual as like summoning and sacrificing?" Alexis pointed at the picture on the page depicting a person in the middle of a pentagram.

"Yes, those rituals are the bases of how we can come here." Mo outreached her hand tracing her long black fingernail over the page of the book. Alexis's body shivered as if a static charge was being sent through her body. The book was acting as a connecting node between her and Mo as if they were positive and negative nodes of a battery.

"What about this room, what is it?"

"Well, some would call it a lair, a study room, a lab, or a house in some way. I comfortably call it a study." Mo walked towards the fireplace and turned around to face Alexis once again. "You look cold, should I draw a fire?" asked the figure as she stared from beneath her robe at Alexis. At first, Alexis was going to contest Mo's statement, but the words that the woman spoke echoed in Alexis's mind before she answered causing her body to spontaneously shiver like she was cold.

"Um, Yeah I'm a tad," She was caught off guard by her answer as if it weren't her response.

"Please take a seat in the love seat, I'll be glad to start a fire," Mo guided Alexis from behind the desk and onto the love seat in front of the fireplace.

Mo walked over to the fireplace mantle and grabbed a metal object from it. The object was a flint striking device and she squeezed sending sparks into the fireplace which then led some sticks and twigs to catch fire. As they caught a small fire, Mo leaned down and Alexis found herself staring at Mo's shapely ass. She was enamored by its slight sway before being drawn towards Mo's hood as the faint sight of gas came from Mo's hood hitting the embers sending the collection of logs and sticks a blaze. She looked confused at the phenomenon that just occurred in front of her and a small wave of heat began to emit from the fireplace.

"What are you?" asked Alexis as the woman stood up and took a seat in the armchair adjacent to her.

Mo grabbed her hood and drew it back revealing her narrow, but long face. Her black hair was drawn back in a tight bun contrasting her pale grey skin. Her eyes were large and accented by a dark eyeliner, her lips were a dark shade of black that matched her eye color. Her ears were shaped similar to eleven ears with a series of gauges that extended the earlobes. She smiled at Alexis and took a seat on the other side of the love seat.

"So, what are you a vampire or an elf?" asked Alexis as she stared at Mo.

"No, good guess, but I'm classified as a demon."

"Interesting, I read in books demons always were described as more intimidating in nature...not so elegant and pretty."

"Trust me, get on my bad side and I can unleash that," her wide grin showcased sharp teeth sending Alexis to sit further back in her chair. "But I'm flattered you think I'm pretty, we demons do get a bad rap to be hideous there are some of us who keep our looks after banishment." Mo ran a finger along her jaw line.

"What did you get banished from?"

"Well in my case, you could call me a fallen angel. I used to be on the high ground, but certain actions caused my wings to be clipped," Mo reached back at her back to the void where her wings were. Alexis shuffled a bit in her chair and pulled at her cardigan. "It is getting warmer, why not take off some layers you're looking snug over there." Again, the words of Mo cast over Alexis's mind and she felt obliged to say yes.

"Yeah, I'm used to having to dress up for blizzards with how they keep the library and the museum below a temperature threshold for preservation. I have to ask, how long has this study been here?" Alexis unbuttons the cardigan and as she slipped it off, she arched her back thrusting out her chest causing Mo's eyes to widen at the show. The black bra Alexis wore could be partially seen along with her caramel skin through the button-down t-shirt. Mo slowly licked her lips at the tease and returned her face to normal as Alexis got herself free.

"Oh, this room, since the construction of the original building. I've had the pleasure of being the sole resident of this since its construction. The beholder at the time being had been granted my audience. They gave me this residence to practice what I was always forbidden from preaching. As you can see, I've had many years of experimenting and research. You're my first visitor in 100 years, it gets lonely in here, no one to satisfy your hunger, " Mo looked off into the fire.

"For 100 years, you get so caught up, your thirst becomes overwhelming and with being quarantined in this subsection of the building, no new beholders had the opportunity like yourself to grant me company." Mo stood up and began to toy with the variety of bottles, beakers, and vials on the wall.