All Comments on 'The Descent Begins'

by billie babka

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"... , cracking it against the wall as he particularly lifted her off her feet."

Would that be 'practically ...."?

PROOF READ!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ugh!

Just a personal reaction but for me it was too sordid to be interesting let alone enjoyable

KJLarsonKJLarsonover 10 years ago
A nice edge

The story has an intensity that matches the situation perfectly. I think the environment and its description was distracting - it didn't need to be disgusting, because the real story is the main character's descent. I hope to read subsequent installations on her descent.

billie babkabillie babkaover 10 years agoAuthor
Yes, it was supposed to be practically.

i'm sorry "anonymous". You are correct and i am glad you pointed out the error to me. However, may i get a little author's resentment out of my system here? i don't mind you finding the error, and as i said i am even glad to have it pointed out. What i don't like is your assumption that i didn't proofread. i proofread, and i proofread, and i proofread again. And then i proofread a few more times. i found errors; i corrected errors; and there were still errors...and i'm sure there are still errors that even you didn't find. But, i did proofread, and for you to imply that i didn't was just a little overboard. But thank you. Maybe if you had bothered to sign your name i could ask you to proofread any future submission i might make.

kennyboy82kennyboy82over 10 years ago

Extraordinarily good story. I do hope there's more of Betty's adventures where this came from.

donaldelliott11donaldelliott11over 4 years ago
Looks like you've stopped writing?

I liked this story a lot, but was less enthusiastic when the desk clerk appeared at the end. Really needs a sequel, though. Who IS this woman, and how much more can she be degraded? The Mr. Harris character needs to show up at her home, and take her in front of a neighbor, or a relative.

MarsPatrolMarsPatrol9 months ago

Wow I loved it. Cheap like a Ho and she needed it!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous