The Devil is in the Details Ch. 01

Story Info
A mature woman makes a demonic deal to live her fantasy.
8.2k words
4.63
2.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This story contains a demonic man wearing women's apparel to complete a fantasy for a woman.

Chapter 1 - Another Dead End Job

I never thought that at forty-five that I would be where I am today. What is even worse, is that I do not at all mean that in a good way. As I sit on a stool in a consignment store reading a trashy romance novel that I borrow from my local library, more than hour since the last customer came in, I was wondering where exactly my life started to go so wrong.

I had a great start. I had parents that cared about me, and raised me right. I grew up in the suburbs of central Québec. If you've ever passed a medium sized city situated along Autoroute-forty and the Saint Lawrence River, then you've passed most of my life.

My parents raised me right, for the eighties and nineties. I did alright in school, but was never particularly athletic, academically gifted or even all that wealthy. Every teacher always had the same comment whenever my parents would dutifully attend parent-teacher night in our Francophone suburb: "Véronique is a pleasure to have in the class and she is a great listener". I was destined for a life of mediocrity and middle-class anonymity in suburban Québec.

Both my sisters, Elise and Delphine, were different. I loved them, and still do. We keep in touch nearly every day via text message or one of the million social media applications that we all have today. However, whereas I was never academically or athletically gifted, both of them were superstars in our home town.

Elise lives about three hours to the East of me in Gatineau, where she works as a management accountant at a high-priced consultancy in Ottawa. She realized she was a lesbian as she studied for her MBA, and after she added another three letters to her name and already impressive CV, she settled down into a condo with a lawyer named Marianne. I was her maid of honour at their wedding nearly ten years ago.

Delphine, on the other hand, was around the same level as I was academically, but she more than compensated on the athletic front. In the nineties when she was attending Cégep - our local version of college - she was already a swimming superstar, and was competing for the Québec provincial team at the Canadian Games and les Jeux de la Francophonie, in addition to cycling competitively. She settled down in Lévis with a guy named Luc, right across from the capital of Québec and had five children, all of whom are teenagers now and following in her footsteps. She coaches swimming and works as a marketer for a major manufacturer of bicycles. I was maid of honour at her wedding too.

I am jealous of my sisters. I am envious of their lifestyles, and they know it. They love me. I love them. Hell, my in-laws Marianne and Luc love me too. And therein lies the problem. I, do not really love myself, and my job and husband do not really love me either. Not in the same way. Not in the way I need.

I was an alright looking girl growing up. I was never gifted, and I tended to blend into the background of everything, especially when compared to my two sisters. My long red hair and freckles gave me a homely look, and the fact that I always seemed to carry around a few extra kilograms on my thighs and waist meant that the lean swimmer and the math superstar always had a row of dates.

That led me to Antoine. His dad and him both worked at the local mechanic in town, which meant that he was always around cars. It also meant that he could drive, and when we were sixteen, that meant a lot more than the fact that he had virtually no ambition and even less desire to treat a woman correctly. He had access to a car, cheap alcohol and all that those vices bring with them. We started dating in the last year of high school, and we have been together since.

I was the maid of honour at both my sister's weddings. They met their partners long after I met Antoine. They were happy in their marriages. Meanwhile, I had been living with my boyfriend for more than twenty-five years in the same house that his parents let him have next door to the old mechanic's shop in our city. While the old shop has been redeveloped into a small condo tower, our place has remained basically the same. Just like everything else.

Antoine encouraged me to never go to college or university. At the time, it was because we wanted to save money and put some aside to have a family. The family never materialized, and neither did my education. Then came the accident.

Just before I turned thirty, nearly fifteen years ago, Antoine was in an accident. He was working at his dad's mechanic shop when one of the jacks holding up a car broke. One of the mechanics had been drinking on the job. The car came tumbling down onto Antoine's father, killing him. The employee who had been drunk was sent to prison for seven years, and Antoine got a massive payout from the corporate chain that used to own the shop.

It should have set us up for a better life. Unfortunately, things in my life always have a way of reverting back to the mean - a very basic, silly and unforgiving one.

Right around the time of the accident, Québec had also legalized sports gambling.

That presented a problem.

In secular Québec where we abandoned religion, most people filled that space with education, self-fulfillment, athletics and the advancement of new ideas. Our education system led the country in mathematics. However, in our household, my husband filled it with gambling on hockey - a sport I came to resent and hate - and cheap beer.

It made him angry a lot, because he lost a lot. It made him frequently drunk. It also made him yell at me infrequently - but enough that I had spent many nights sleeping on the one good couch we had. He had never hit me, but he called me every name he could possibly think of - usually names revolving around my body size. He would apologize the day after, but it never stopped it from happening again. My sisters called him abusive. I never fought them on it.

It also meant that Antoine had difficulty holding down a job, and given that we both did not possess a lot of education in a province that was rapidly becoming a hotbed of high tech and renewable energy production, it left us with fewer and fewer options.

That pressure put a lot of strain on our relationship. We both knew there was no love in our household. We rarely had sex. I invited my sisters over at least once a month, and we talked or texted nearly every day, but getting together with the whole family was a rare affair. Christmas or Easter with my sisters - in their lovingly decorated and manicured condo or their suburban household filled with kids - always made Antoine and I feel inadequate. It made me feel like the ugly duckling, even if I knew that my sisters were still my best friends.

All I could do was keep my head down, and keep working towards something that I knew would never happen. I hoped Antoine would one day marry me, even if it was just because I wanted to have a day about me for once. I hoped that I could one day learn to speak and read and write like my sisters. Maybe go to Cégep or university like them... maybe.

So, here I was, at forty-five, working at a consignment store where the rich ladies in the city dropped off older dresses from Chanel and Simon's and all the other fashionable labels from Montréal or Québec or Ottawa that I never got to buy. Instead, I sold their used garments to other people looking to scoop up a deal.

The store paid me a commission for each garment that I sold, which is the reason I stayed. It allowed me to get an income that was reasonably higher than minimum wage while also not doing a whole lot. The fact that the store was located in the downtown right on the river was a major benefit as well, as there was always reliable bus service, and there were nice cafés lining the old section of the town where buildings from the colonial period of New France contrasted with newer glass and steel condos.

The one problem was the closing shift. I usually worked from the opening of the store until five, but had asked to take over the night shift for the entire spring and summer. It was playoff season, and that meant that Antoine would be betting (and drinking) a lot. I also knew that our hockey team was... not the best. That meant that it would be better to be at work when the game started than it would be at home. Hopefully, he would be passed out before I got home, and I could avoid talking about our anemic savings or our failing household.

Even though the closing shift saw a lot fewer customers than the day shift, especially as time drifted towards nine o'clock, the quiet was nice. It also gave me plenty of time to read trashy romance novels from the library.

I loved getting lost in my own little world of romance. I loved reading books where fancy Scandinavian, French or Russian businessmen (or athletes, or lawyers, or princes) find their happily ever after with a woman. I always imagined it was me in the stories. Especially as I started to up the spiciness level of what I was reading, and got a lot more into men who might share their love with another men (or two), or get into cross dressing with each other, or even crossing swords. I really liked the idea of men genderbending.

When I was alone, I let my mind roam about all the things I would never have. However, the heroines in the stories were always skinny blondes ready to have babies, not chubby forty-five-year-old French-Canadian redheads who work in dead-end jobs.

Especially ones whose partners didn't care about whether they lived or died.

I looked at the clock on the wall, and saw that it was nearly eight-thirty. Only thirty more minutes until I could close up. I turned back to my paperback, and got engrossed in a scene where a brash and eager younger guy is romancing the protagonist, toying with the idea of the two of them doing the horizontal tango. It was particularly well written, and tugged on all the right strings of my heart. I found myself whispering out loud, in a fit of both jealousy and envy:

"Damn, I'd sell my soul to meet a guy like that."

Chuckling to myself about the idea, I let myself read a few more pages hoping that I would be able to finish the chapter before I had to close up.

Unfortunately, my romance induced reverie was interrupted by the chime of the door opening. Sighing, I put my bookmark into the book and called out.

"I'll be with you in a moment"

The customer responded back, in a male voice - shocking but not unheard of for a consignment store that specialized in women's apparel.

"Please take your time, I know exactly what I am seeking"

Whatever, that would make things easier. With only a few minutes before closing time, hopefully this would be a quick sale that could pad my commission. Maybe I could even indulge on a nice latté for the ride home.

I stepped around the counter and into the maze of garments that we had around the store and found a very sharply dressed man standing among a row of dresses that we usually reserved for gala and charity events.

He was taller than me, but could not have been taller than six feet. He had a perfectly styled head of blond hair, and deep cerulean blue eyes that looked like something out of a Nordic spa commercial. He was wearing a dark blue suit with silver buttons and a grey shirt and tie combination that made him look like a cross between a lawyer from an American drama and a member of the European aristocracy. The pink and brown tie and pocket square that accented the ensemble perfectly matched pair of shoes he was wearing.

Immediately, it was difficult to guess his age. He could only be twenty. However, his face had a timelessness to it that gave him an air of authority and confidence that made him seem a lot older.

"Are you shopping for someone in particular today" I asked, hoping to get some insight into this new customer.

"The most important customer of all. Myself." He responded, with a slight upturn in his disarming smile.

Yeah, this guy knew he was attractive.

"And what are we looking for today? This is a store that specializes in women's apparel. We don't have any suits of the quality you are wearing" I said, realizing that he must obviously have known that. His eyes had not left the rack of dresses that was against the section marked "gala".

"Perfect. I find suits to be constricting. Indeed, I think the best fashion is for women. I partake myself, even if I lack the body to fill out some of the more sensuous or risqué cuts that I see in fashion magazines" he said to me, knowing that mentioning his body would make me immediately dart my eyes down to his form.

Sure enough, I moved my eyes down to his body. He was slightly turned to me, facing the row of dresses. I looked at his tight dress pants and how the matched his suit. He had a very nice butt in this outfit.

Damnit, did he catch me checking him out? Was this intentional?

My eyes met his again, and he had a look deep in his iris that told me he knew my eyes had just been on his butt, that it was exactly what he wanted, and that was the purpose of the whole exercise.

It was enchanting to be in the presence of someone with this much confidence.

"Well, I see that there are four dresses that I would like to try tonight. Even if they do not fit, I promise that I will purchase them."

The fact that he confirmed a sale meant that I was now interested. If this ran slightly past nine o'clock, I would at least be compensated for my time. That was doubly confirmed when he immediately pulled an orange floor length gown from a European label off the shelf and held it up to his body. The baby blue dress matched his eyes.

Crap, I was staring at him again.

I could not even imagine how much that dress cost at original purchase, but here, the commission on this one piece along in consignment would keep me swimming in lattés for a month.

"Tell me Véronique, do you think this will fit my frame?" he said to me while holding the dress up to his immaculately dressed self and moving his body.

Once again, I couldn't help but look at his butt. I think he knew I was looking too.

I made a mental note to slow down on the reading of spicy romance novels at work - it was clearly affecting my brain.

"Uh, I think it would look great, sir. Um, would you like to try it on?" I asked him, doing my level best to keep the absurdity of the situation from gnawing at me.

He reached over and plucked out two more dresses. A long green number that had been here forever, and a short orange cocktail dress that someone young, hip and slender would wear. Something I dreamed of wearing one day, when Antoine married me and we had a honeymoon in Paris or Marseille or the Swiss Alps. A girl can dream, right?

Distracted, I watched him smile and nod to me, while I led him to a curtained area at the back of the store. Our clients were almost exclusively women, so I really had no idea what to do with a man asking to try on dresses in front of me.

It was like one of my genderbending romance novels come to life.

He stepped into the dressing room and shucked his jacket, and started unbuttoning his vest. The LED above the dressing cabin reflected the colour of his golden blonde hair and have him an aethereal look that was enough of a distraction that I did not realize I was staring.

He had not bothered to close the curtain, and I stood with rapt attention watching as he took off his brown belt, and let his dress pants pool around his feet. Somehow, he had left his shoes neatly tucked beside the entrance to the cabin.

He stood before me almost entirely naked. He was wearing designer briefs that models on advertisements wear in the shopping mall and in the boutiques downtown. I had never seen a man wear them like this.

His chest was sculpted. He was slender, and not overly muscular, but what was there looked like it had been painted onto him. He had sparse blond hair from his bellybutton down to his... Oh. Oh God.

His... penis was hard. I think. Either that, or it was just big. Bigger than any I had ever seen before. Well, bigger than the ONE that I had seen. And to be fair, it had been a while since I had even seen that one.

Oh, mon dieu, I was clearly staring.

I watched as he slipped his feet into the orange dress. As he pulled it up and over his shoulders, he turned his back to me.

I gasped. Tattoos of books, scrolls and what looked like Greek or Latin writings ran along his spine and shoulder blades. It was like a non-stop tattoo of... something. Ancient literature maybe? It tapered to a point near the centre of his back, almost like an arrow pointing towards his, yep, I just looked at his tight butt again.

Jesus, Véronique, get yourself together.

"Véronique, would you be a dear and zip me up in the back? The dress is a little snug, and I cannot appear to get it myself?" asked the mysterious, half-naked, muscular hunk in front of me.

Véronique. Yes. That's me. That's my name. I should react. Right?

"Uh, sure... sir? I can zip you up. Um, what do I call you? Also, how did you know my name?" I asked, in roughly zero point two seconds.

I moved my arms to zip up the back of the cocktail dress as the guy in front of me started talking.

"Well, you can call me Ose. Or since we're speaking French right now, Osé if you prefer."

I finished zipping him up and he turned to face me. He stood only a few centimetres taller than me, but looked a lot more imposing. He was slender, but had a butt that certainly stood out. The dress exposed most of his chest and was meant to show off a bit of cleavage on a woman. On a man, it would look utterly ridiculous, but with his deep blue eyes and golden hair, he managed to pull it off.

Stunned into speaking, I ran with the first thing that my brain could process.

"Ose is not a very Québécois name. Are you from around here?"

Oh, shit Véronique. I hope he does not get offended and leave. I wanted this sale.

Instead, he chuckled warmly, like it was something he had heard a thousand times.

"Well, my name is Latin in origin, but I usually use the Germanic spelling from the Ars Goetia. It gives me a more mysterious edge, don't you think?"

I smiled at him, not really getting what he meant. I had never heard of that book before. Latin? Like, from Vatican? Nobody in Québec has spoken Latin since the sixties. He was clearly from Europe or Russia, or something.

"So, Ose, what brings you hear tonight?" I asked, hoping that he would just buy the dresses and leave. I was talking to a guy at the end of my shift, and while he was certainly amazing to look at, I did want to get home.

"I'm here on business. I'm in town to make a lifechanging deal. I just hope that they will accept my proposition"

The way he said it made me question whether he was genuinely doing commercial business, or whether he was here to sell drugs or ask someone to marry him. But his smile was genuinely convincing.

"Tell me Véronique, how do I look in this little number, hrm?" he asked me, his eyes openly inviting me to check him out.

He gave a little twirl and I drank him in. His muscular legs looked absolutely terrific in the dress, and his tight butt gave the right oomph to the back of the dress. The fact that he was a handsome, clearly educated and wealthy European guy standing here in a dress was like one of my romance novels come to life. It was...

"You look sexy" I said.

My face flushed before I had even finished the sentence. Jesus. Christ. Why the HELL did I say that to him?

"Well, thank you Véronique. Coming from a woman as beautiful as you, that is a true compliment."

Wait. What? I've been called quite a bit in my life, but beautiful is usually not what people say when they describe me.

"Uh, thanks..."