All Comments on 'The Diary'

by LJA644

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments
Gmann006Gmann006about 1 year ago

that was a very good story, its even better knowing its real. thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful. My eyes are a little runny. Must be the weather

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very Good, keep up the good work

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

I found her children's long-term behaviour to be unbelievable. Short-term anger I do understand but, time heals and I just can’t believe they wouldn't have mellowed a long time before the final scene. Their behaviour would have hurt their father just as much as their mother

114FSO114FSOabout 1 year ago

Great story of mistakes, remorse, reconciliation, and rebuilding the relationship.

Having spent many years in the military, during two wars, along with failed marriage, lost children, lost family, and eventually moving on while single, waiting for the apology and rebuilding with my children. I am able to relate with the broken family, along with the severe emotional loss of my marriage. Still, seeing a rebuilding of trust and the bond between husband and wife. I understand the sense of loss, not being able to live life with the one that was so important. Reading some of these stories is helpful both for and to me as I can see the loss is only temporary. I am able to fill the void with other memories. This story truly hit home, along with helping me attempt to repair the damage I left behind.

Great Story. Keep up the good work. Thank you for writing this.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 1 year ago

I liked most of it, except the "substitute" rationalization for why the cheating was okay. I am fine w/ a story where a partner decides that life is better living w/ a specific partner that wronged you than living w/o that person. This story seemed to try to make what she did okay. Authors can make up whatever you want for stories, but when you list something as being a psychological theory, people tend to think that part is based on some research or fact. Being in the psych field, I know the "substitute" rationalization is something just made up for the story, not based on any genuine psychological theory. I did find the ending touching, but that one point about "substituation" was key to me at moving my rating down from a good story to just average.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok I'm usually a BTB type of guy but in this one the way it is described and didn't point out sounds like she was drugged and raped to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Quite the story

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 1 year ago

that put a chill up my spine

bioman57bioman57about 1 year ago

well done.. Normally for me it vis BTB. Butv this was interesting well done.

Bri29Bri29about 1 year ago

It was a nice tale the MC was obviously drugged but at the same time she was very nieve and should have known better .The My Old Man grated a bit on me throughout the story ,if my wife ever called me that I think I would divorce her on the spot 😉.3⭐️from me

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Apart from cry a lot, what did she do to earn a reconciliation exactly?

I hate RAAC, they make no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dammit! I lost my wife to cancer in 2017 and I still can't read stories like this without my allergies acting up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now that's really telling a complete story.well written!!

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 1 year ago

Nice sentiment. Could have been a great story, if not for the lack of emotional scenes and dialogs.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sounds like he gave her the excuse she needed to justify her cheating. I thought it was a drugged story bug guess not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn! What a heart wrenching story!

Outstanding,Thank you for your tale!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story and it hit home regarding the family separation caused by war service. The lack of her children’s forgiveness, though understandable was sad. All the pain and anguish because he could bestow on his children his feelings about the causal aspect of war separation but not understanding the tool on his strong wife. Sure what she did was wrong but his selfish reaction was self serving and misdirected. The kids focus on his sacrifice and not the strength their mother projected was unfortunate, however considering the hero worship at least understandable. Great story that could not have ended better. Better late than never. For those narrow minded commentators who BTB is the only way of reacting, I have been to war in a jungle where death lives on your door step and know the anguish my wife felt every day. I was fortunate she had a support system. I also forgave her when she …

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51about 1 year ago

Wow, well done.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. I'm sure you'll be dragged across heat coals for getting them back together but this reconciliation just felt right. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You left out the part where the slimey lawyer got multiple broken bones and contusions. Other than that a pretty good tale.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

I liked the story. The ending was just a fantasy, fairy-tale type of ending. The mother, after her two children "sent her to Coventry" for 25/30 years, I would have told them to "... get out of my room immediately! You two made your choice 25 years ago. I never want to see you again."

But that's just me. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good. Well written and plotted.

.

It was very sad…and kinda hard to believe….that hubby found a way to reconcile (to the point of actually remarrying) but the kids never did until after hubby died. Just hard to believe that hubby could never persuade the kids to reconcile. And then when they did….no explanation for the event finally happening at the moment of her death?

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At various times, in addition to good leaders, there are bad leaders in every country in the world, doing bad things, including the US. And guess what, for the most part the service men and women in those countries do the bidding of those bad leaders, including in the US.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

interesting but the predator and the company skate.

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019about 1 year ago

Can I give this more than 5 stars? Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not that it's up to me, but I give her a pass too.

The key for me is that she didn't set out to betray him with intent. She obviously feel to a skilled seducer. She was weak and wrong, yes, but both times when the smoke cleared, she was horrified. The first time she tried to take steps to correct it, the second time she did correct it.

The divorce and years of separation were punishment enough because they truly loved each other.

The diary would have confirmed that she had been foolish and weak but not malicious, and it was not habitual.

It was harsh of the kids to cut her completely out until her last moments. Understandable, but harsh. In the end they probably punished themselves and robbed their own children more than was justified.

I'm usually BTB, but I am with you on this outcome.

Well done

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 1 year ago

5* -- knocked it out of the park ... great ending too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now this a good RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A sweet story, not usually a fan of forgiveness but this was well done.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Very good! 5*****! It's hard, but also healing, to forgive and I think this story captured it very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The father needed to tell the kids either unforgive or I am out of your life as well.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Only thing I didn't get was it was clear from her description of the two incidents she had been drugged. Not sure why you didn't play that angle. As a former veteran who served overseas, I can really relate to the impact on our families. The way my wife of 30+ year held the Homefront together during my absences still leaves me in awe. 5*

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980about 1 year ago

Excellent story, we'll written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She should have been invited to weddings, birthdays and other family events if her husband was attending. If he could forgive her then the children could have. He was a bit of a wimp, but then it wouldn't be much of a story. Well done 5 *****

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 1 year ago

There's no crying in erotica... There's NO crying in erotica!!!

(With apologies to Tom Hanks.)

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Good tear jerker, well done. My only comment is that with the partner who has sex with her, that he gave her a drink and she didn't remember having sex implies he drugged her, I don't know if that was the implication but it was there.

Lessismore56Lessismore56about 1 year ago

Well done. He forgave her but the kids wouldn't was a little bit of a push but hey, it's fiction. It's heartwarming to see her finally get the forgiveness she worked so hard for and in my opinion deserved. But, being American, I would have liked for the husband to have had a little payback on the partner.

newtdudenewtdudeabout 1 year ago

Wow. Congrats, for the first time ever, a story here left me with tears in my eyes. That I lost my father a couple weeks ago may have something to do with that, but still .. powerfully written! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very moving story. But frankly, when the kids showed up at the end I’d of told them to go fuck themselves.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

Very good story, well written and well thought out, the end just grabbed me by the throat and got something in my eyes suddenly. Thanks you .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow, a very emotional story, great job writing it. Prefect ending…….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bam, right in the feels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

“I don’t know how it happened.” Twice? And the psychobabble about substitution is way too glib. Other than that, very well done.

Wonderman1Wonderman1about 1 year ago

An amazing story and it brought out so many different facets of life. The good and the bad, but still well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Awww... Well done, sir. Military family life came through bright and clear.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 1 year ago

What a waste of love and time hating their mother for a couple of mistakes in a lifetime of togetherness. The person who was always there, day and night feeding, loving, protecting, and caring for them, when Daddy was away playing war games, is the real hero of the story. Their actions were cruel and didn't deserve forgiveness. That's my opinion. They acted not like adults, but like inmature brats. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 1 year ago

Sad and beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a marvelous close to the story! Bravo! 5 stars well deserved.

Nasty56Nasty56about 1 year ago

Wow beautifully written.

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

lol bruh, cheating military wives don't need help with excuses.

The husband seems really freaking weak. Simp and doormat and cuck will get thrown around I'm sure but the manner that he accepted her back is actually pathetic. He just caved and offered her a way back.

His kids are absolute savages. To be completely fair I think they might have gone a tad too far in terms of realism given how things happened. But it's totally how I'd like to see people react. Need to balance out all those people that act like cheating isn't a big deal.

Karn9Karn9about 1 year ago

A well written wonderful but sad story, heartfelt emotional ending. 5*+

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 1 year ago

Powerful ending, a very good and realistic story. Nicely written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was a hard read.

Very well done, 5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I gave it a 2 because I just don't like that kind of ending...

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 year ago

quote roast pork with everything that belongs with it unquote

BRAVO you refrained from using the tired old cliché used by so many writers around here. 'with all the trimmings'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Whoa that ending hits you right in the feels.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, powerful and emotional. Only thing I did not get, took them 30 after their father forgave her. Not to mention she raised them while he was deployed. Pretty obvious their kids had no respect for their parents…

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Nice try but not how I remember it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bastard.

Five Stars.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That kind of hurt never goes away. This touching finish would not have happened because he'd never have taken her back.

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

Good story, very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Note to another authors. Take a good long look at this story. It's complete with a beginning, middle, and end. Something that has become severely lacking in LW stories. It's also well written.

BoxerR100BoxerR100about 1 year ago

Well done. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the hell didn't anyone come to the conclusion that the fucking predator drugged her.. twice. The way you wrote the description of her falls into bed with the asshole screams that she was drugged but you even have the shrink miss it. Would have been a different outcome and no dumbass psychobabble bullshit about substitutions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nicely done. Well written heartbreaking and reconciled.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Beautiful ending!

5

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

y tenemos a oladave que ni siquiera entendio la historia.... o que esto es solo ficción.

el ingles no es mi idioma nativo y aun así, me pareció una muy buena obra.

y a todo esto, gracias autor!

and we have oladave who didn't even understand the story.... or that this is just fiction.

English is not my native language and even so, I thought it was a very good work.

and to all this, thank you autor!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The husband never sought revenge on the asshole predator? Oh, right, stiff upper lip, be the better man, don't go off half cocked. Besides, its ALL the whore's fault anyway. She's a much easier target, so convenient and self deprecating. Also she's too stupid to be a wife and mother. She can't remember how she ended up fucking the bastard, pukes her guts out the next morning, and never wonders if she was drugged? Yeah, whatever. Thanks for the effort.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Did not expect that ending. Well written.

JoshFrom53JoshFrom53about 1 year ago

Thank you for writing this. In the toxic environment of LW reconciliation stories are much needed. Good one.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseabout 1 year ago

fantastic story if i could give 10 stars i would. it been a long time since a story tugged at my heart like this.

again FANTASTIC WRITING please keep it up

Darren

JensensloverJensensloverabout 1 year ago

It might have a beginning, middle and end that many don't have these days, but it was incredibly BORING!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

So, you tried to "make it up to him" by being a good wife? By doing what you should be doing?

I guess a few of us can see the false equivalence here....

bhill8671bhill8671about 1 year ago
Not what I expected

5+ stars! Well done, well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After reading this I've read the comments. I find most of them agreeing with my assessment of the story,well written and the definite twist at the ending. The author actually hints at the end in the opening paragraph which most will not catch. While I seem to prefer BTB stories and enjoy less the RAAC ones this one is reconciliation but more understandable. One commenter remarked about why nobody seemed to think she was drugged,which was my first thought. But could it have been her description that we read in the story not was what she wrote in the diary?

oddtomas1oddtomas1about 1 year ago

I very much enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellently written, please carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Predator was partner in the firm and she just walks away with him giving her a referral.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good but I wondered if there was retaliation against the guy and as it was written she didn’t have much to drink and was disoriented when she woke after she fucked the guy and immediately threw up. It sounded like she was possibly drugged

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 1 year ago

You made me cry 5 stars for the heart breaking story

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Damn! that hurt. 5 stars

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Well done, well written, five stars. The kids, though... if Dad could forgive her, why did they hold a grudge for thirty more years? I did not like them. *That's* the reconciliation I find more problematic!

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

I expected more; I find fault with the kids. IF dad can take her back and it appears she had a character/psycho flaw that a shrink explained away and her husband excepted enough to remarry. Kick the kids asses.

\

But the kids still ostracize her for 25yrs knowing of her flaw and dad's acceptance to rob the grandkids of her is unconscionable and unforgivable of Deb & Jack. Then to die moments after the grandkids are formally introduced - I hope the Deb & Jack rot with grief and their kids give them serious shit, and dad walks away from the two only keeping the grandkids close.

\

Her seduction by her boss - wasn't that classic sexual 'predatory' harassment, yet he gets off!@#$^&*.

\

3.3***, hooyah, well written but crap conclusion

AardieAardieabout 1 year ago

Ungrateful brats. Too little, too late. They finally show up just to watch her die. They ban her from their life events but watch hers from behind a bush?

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I just read this tale from last week. I believe that story is going to get a wide range of comments. I hope others understand that as people write their tales/stories they are an extension of their creativeness. To me you have created imagery that truly beautiful. I gave it an Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

The emotion created by your tale was deep and wide on the spectrum of both good and bad. The ability to balance back in the middle even if only at the end was AWESOME for me as a reader.

Many will say the children should never be forgiven. To them they are right. However, the true forgiveness by someone who has committed transgression and wronged another is not for those who have been with holding something from them, it is for themselves.

Why people ask? It is because if they the original person who committed a transgression knows, they (the transgressor) were wrong and they never held the person or person’s who withheld something from them in the wrong. They were/are relieved to be able to acknowledge again in a manner. Thus, they can finally forgive themselves for the transgression they did that cause the original rift.

Many of you are going to call BS on my opinion. You have the right. I am not a trained psychologist or psychiatrist. All I am basing my opinion on is years of being around and working with people. I have been wrong in how I think many times in the past this opinion may be another time. It is just the way I am. I try to learn from my errors and move forward with a Life Well Lived (LWL).

Sort of like the husband and wife did in this story.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

Lame..

This writer has a fetish for wives getting drugged and then betraying their husbands. It doesn't take a degree in psychology to figure out that LJA644 is a closet cucky.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Hallmark Movie Quality! 5 stars, great read, Great story, Great writing. I'm practically, almost but not quiet crying for this sweet Story. thank you for the effort. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Didn’t like the way the children behaved. It was their father’s call to forgive, not theirs. But I’m sure it happens all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can lay odds that her "old Man" will be waiting for her when she passes to the after life and I bet they will be the young loving couple who met so many years before she started the diary. Could almost be entered in the Romance section but some would protest that it wasn't an obvious love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After both trangressions the last thing she remembers is dancing and she wakes up in the morning feeling fuzzy, sounds like she was drugged.

And in her favor, she chucked her job in after the second time knowing it was wrong.

Problem is unless she suspected it and had blood tests the next day there is no proof.

Problem is we don't actually know if she mentioned that fact in the diary or in her discussion with the psychiatrist, if she did you have to wonder why the husband and psychiatrist didn't come to the conclusion that she may have been drugged instead of the Separation excuse.

It don't sit well with me that the partner apparently used drugs and got away with it

Other than that I liked the story

underdog1underdog1about 1 year ago

I loved it, it shows we all make mistakes sometimes even hurting those we love the most. Some see forgiveness as a sign of weakness, personally I believe it shows strength. Well written, closer to actual life than most stories in Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLJA644@LJA644
I have asked Denham Forrest if I could use his words as I fully agree with them, for those of you who have not heard of him he is here. https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=998438 he is also 'The Wanderer' I understand that some people do not enjoy my storie...