The Different Paths To Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will never hurt you," I said. "I promise. You are everything I could ever want."

And then she smiled her beautiful smile and for the first time we kissed, and I knew I would keep my word.

***

That New Year snow came from the North and the snow lay deep on the streets and drifted under the influence of a cold and bitter wind. For Alice and me it was the winter we found love, and forty years on we remain together and have raised two children. I have been faithful ever since I met Alice for the second time, and she never asked me about Mona or Valeria again.

Alice is the love of my life and my soulmate, but I still wonder what would have happened if either she or I had not attended either one of the Christmas parties, or if Alice had not arranged to sit next to me at the second. Would we have ever found each other? I asked Alice this question once and she told me that when she changed the seating plan "she was giving chance a little prod. Statisticians understand all about the vagaries of fate."

What she could never explain was why she wanted to sit next to me in the first place. Why would a shy, introverted, and distrustful virgin wish to spend an evening talking to a promiscuous extrovert like me?

Heaven only knows but thank goodness she did!

***