All Comments on 'The Dissolution'

by ConPulsion

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****Interesting story well written, but the question is WHY!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

I wonder about the wife's motivation!

5

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

This story line has been done many times. However, it doesn't then allow you to just ride rough-shot over the Legal aspects involved. For example, on what basis would you be able to get a restraining order on your father? Apparently he knew nothing about what had gone on. Plus, your assault on your brother would have caused you to be arrested and tried. With the damage you did, you would be facing a prison term.

There are numerous other legal aspects, particularly regarding the children that need to be sorted. Simply providing a new birth certificate doesn't solve any of the guardianship issues. Also, a need to gain probate on your wife's estate via her Will. Yes, you could sell the jointly owned house but the rest, not until the Will is probated.

These are the details you must consider if your story is based around carrying out certain actions. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I dont like how he kept it quiet so long. I would have spoken up right away, had my brother take her in to his care at his home. Beat the shit out of him for certain. Kept her as wife for insurance payout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I called bullshit. Dying in pain from cancer would simply be part of the punishment. Being kicked out of the house and called every dirty ne imaginable as well as enduring a divorce through her final days. That would be part of her punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story, well written but short. My only quibble is the lack of examination of the wife's state-of-mind during the entire marriage (given her dying statement..."I always loved you, Stephen"..., always assuming the brother was an unscrupulous hound dog. The other aspect of this (and most stories of this type) is the lack of attention to the emotional stability and psychological damage to the "children" in the aftermath of disclosure--the stories always focus on what the husband was feeling.

Enjoyed it and the brief but clear playout of the plot. Thanks for the entertainment. More please. MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why did they do it and how long?

KoxokKoxokover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I disagree with Vivian being a “good wife”. He should have told her he knew just a tad sooner to twist the knife a little bit.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Nice story. Too bad he didn’t confront his wife before her passing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Vivian had been a good wife and mother, so my decision was to let her die thinking I never found out."

I don't see how the husband could claim she'd been a "good wife" since she cuckold him with a long term affair with his brother and committed paternity fraud allowing him to raise his brother's children.

As far as not telling her he knew about her long term cheating and paternity fraud that's just insane. She had less than 9 months to live. Tell her and maybe the added guilt would lessen her time she had left. Nothing like letting her know you despise her to add to the physical pain she's already suffering. At least on her death bed he should have told her that he hoped her cheating ass would rot in hell for all eternity.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I liked it! The author could drag it out, but the central part of the story is the isolation he feels from the betrayal. That comes through loud and clear. Good writing!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Great!

I only wish we found out if the kids knew - or not... otherwise, it was a great tale.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Should have told her that he knew the truth.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

way to short and incomplete.

Why did he abandon his kids who he raised and loved with no explanation or discussion. What a horrible thing to do to them right after their mother dies.

Why didn't he confront his wife? She may have been a good mother but was definitely a shitty wife.

What''s the story with his mother?

I would give it is a much higher rating if there was a 2nd chapter.

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

My only alteration to this well told story would be the MC's attitude about confronting the wife. The story suggested that at the very end her husband’s words revealed that he knew all, but the husband, therefore the reader, is not 100% certain. Even IF she did come to understand that her husband was aware, her agony was too short.

In my mind, cancer or not, she deserved to suffer the indignity of being found out, that her children, family, friends, all knew she had been a cheat with her husband’s brother and was unworthy of her husband. Her last hours, days, weeks should not have been surrounded by a loving family, rather, she should have to taste a portion of the misery she would leave behind.

Each time she received care from her husband, she needed to know that he despised her and hoped that he was preparing her to meet eternity in hell.

Still, great story. *****

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

4 stars - no comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I go with blueeyed2

What a shitty way to the children. No wonder his wife goes sideway if he react in this way what did he do to his wife? To be so cold you has to be evil! If i there one of the kids he can rott in hell, this is a no go they lost their mother and in the same time their dad so to let they grief alone. He is a selfish bastard to go fishing insted to take family time.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Good enough story but I think how he treated the two children was awful. If indeed he felt that he was their “dad” he owed them more than to drop them in the shit the day of their mother’s funeral and then disappear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I for the first time agree with fritz51.

4 golden ones

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A sad little tale with a spark of real hope at the end for the future of the children and their "Dad"

Algonquin Provisional Park

The word is 'Provincial' It is a beautiful place!!!

Generally the Literotica crowd is a blood-thirsty group wanting cheaters to suffer terribly. I will let God judge them.

They are also critical of the actions of a devastated man who needed time to recover without the added pressure of the possible rejection by his children. I am all for free speech, but as a Czech girl in the late 80'S told me, Freedom means responsibility to use it wisely. Think before writing, people!

THC

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

My wife's mother got pregnant while her husband was in South Korea. When 'The Major' found out he was given special leave to be with his wife to try to cover it all up. He made 20 and retired but, for various reasons, turned into a nasty mean drunk. But, he raised my wife as if she were his own. Not many people loved him by the time he died, but I've always thought that he was a better man than I am. I'm not sure I could have done it.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

The brevity harmed the emotional impact. I am somewhat surprised by that opinion. This site is oversaturated with unnecessarily long fluffed up nonsense. So many stories suffer due to the author's delusional belief in his or her own profundity where non exists.

This one however has potential because the small amount you wrote effectively portrayed the emotional damage of such a a situation. One seeks to understand the motives behind such treachery. It's that yearn to understand which demands further examination.

Still, even without additional text this story is quite good. This is a familiar theme but delivered quite well

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 1 year ago

"had been a good wife and mother": give me a fucking break!!

"Gave every appearance of being", maybe, since it seems clear that she was fucking Gordon throughout her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Crazy. Had I found out I would have immediately confronted my wife. I don't care about the cancer and being that she is dying I would not divorce -why? I get 100% plus the life insurance. I would NOT make her comfortable. Let her suffer. AS for the kids, I agree I was and would be their "dad". My brother, however, would have had a much harder beating using a baseball bat. But I would forever want to know the how and why.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userConPulsion@ConPulsion
I'm just an old guy living in England, with a slightly imaginative, dirty mind who is too old to do it, so has to put his wishful thinking into writing.