All Comments on 'The Divine Gambit Ch. 06'

by Kemmers

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I like this story a lot, it feels more true the nature of things that go bump in the night, particularly elves and how they regard others with disdain. Thank you for writing this story and I look forward to reading more!!!!! Awesome work!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Frickin Great !!

DmitryDmitry6 months ago

More, more, more ppppplease!

SirLeeOlgitSirLeeOlgit6 months ago

Great story. Hope you can get the next episode published soon.

WndrngW1zrdWndrngW1zrd6 months ago

Well part 7 is broken...

BarryAllen888BarryAllen88815 days ago

This story has a great premise, but some solid wordsmithing is in order. I’ve noticed how glaringly intensely superfluously verbose each paragraph is. You’ve gone hog-wild with adverbs. Adverbs are *everywhere*. The fact that Cynthia *gracefully* took over the cooking when Beth became distracted is *frankly* irrelevant. You’re trying too hard to be *overly* descriptive. Beth nodded “ uncharacteristically sagely” is glaringly verbose.

The other aspect of verbosity is how longwinded the characters are. Sam telling James to throttle his magic so she can get a trickle, and James’ response is 3 lines of him telling her he’d never hurt her. The reader knows this, and there is already an implication that he wouldn’t. A more realistic reply would have been “Ok, I’ll try”.

Lastly, the language that is used isn’t realistic to the characters, especially at their age. If James, Beth and Sam are late teens, early 20s, they’re not using words like “endeavor” or “preemptive”. As painful as it may be, you may want to watch some TikTok, Snapchat or Youtube videos to hear how young people are speaking these days.

ClearmuseClearmuse6 days ago

Still enjoying!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKemmers@Kemmers
Writing, slowly. ========== 1 Apr 2024: 17 uploaded today — hopefully it will pass through the system and be available soon. 23 Dec 2023: 12 submitted. For those of you who have left comments of distaste on James' disposition, I would say that chapters 11, 12, and 13 are a t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES