All Comments on 'The Divine Gambit Ch. 08'

by Kemmers

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AardieAardie6 months ago

I doubt I'm the only one confused by the end of this chapter. I hope this is explained soon. It looks like the fate of the universe depends upon our hero, though.

Blacksword404Blacksword4046 months ago

He needs to stop acting like a pussy. Apologizing for things he has no control of. Wanting to return Beth to a life she hated because it's what he thought of as "normal". A dragon trying his best to squeeze himself into the size of a mouse and Apologizing for taking up the space of a mouse.

He's going to have to accept leadership and his power eventually. He's a leader whether he wants it or not. Running from it will only make him a shifty leader. But a leader the same. Hopefully his dragon self will help him with that the more they join. There's a saying, "There's no going home". Even if you can, the home you come back to will never be the home you left.

Robbb_FangRobbb_Fang6 months ago

Great read so far! I liked his determination and aspirations during this chapter a lot. I think having some doubts is natural in this crazy situation. But I don't think he needs to have a discussion with Beth about it "every chapter". Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really good. Looking forward to lots more.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

really enjoying it, but getting tired of his constant guilt. Grow a pair and accept the hand you've been dealt.

ProgamermoveProgamermove4 months ago

Waiting for something to happen, lots of reputation and skipable text have crept into your story.

pk2curiouspk2curious4 months ago

I'm fully into the slow build . James's naivety . His selflessness . His empathic struggles . It gives a good long time to build this world . To ensure a GR8 , long , well written , read worthy story . I emphasize long . As long ( years ) if possible . I commend you . You obviously are a very gifted wordscrafter and author .

SilvermireSilvermire4 months ago

I still think the main character is pathetic that thing with the meal, does he not enjoy the taste of food the comfort it can bring etc it's not just about nourishment for fucks sake.

BarryAllen888BarryAllen88813 days ago

The cryptic ending was interesting. Clearly some foreshadowing. However, I agree with the previous comments -- the continuous guilt trip every chapter is crippling your main character. The choice of him going vegan due to some cosmic lightbulb moment of being immortal is petty, particularly in the delivery -- an insulting foot-in-mouth scene with Beth and the others. Should have saved that realization for later, when he's a few hundred years old.

ClearmuseClearmuse5 days ago

Very clear that Sam is gaining magic power or reserves, and she knows it from the crystals. Makes sense, like a stomach expanding from overeating, except she's eating dragon magic.

DivindisguiseDivindisguiseabout 3 hours ago

I'm happy that a story on literotica talks of vegetarianism.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKemmers@Kemmers
Writing, slowly. ========== 1 Apr 2024: 17 uploaded today — hopefully it will pass through the system and be available soon. 23 Dec 2023: 12 submitted. For those of you who have left comments of distaste on James' disposition, I would say that chapters 11, 12, and 13 are a t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES