All Comments on 'The Divorce's Final Outcome'

by c1992w

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Poor cuckold...............

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
BAD

cuck story 1*

looking4itlooking4italmost 10 years ago

Um, not and uh....likely. Your story was missing a fairy godmother and the epilogue was missing "...and they lived happily ever after..." just like every other fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

No wonder you didn't allowing scoring, this was absolute rubbish.

funksofunksoalmost 10 years ago
Good and bad

Hey mate,

I get what you were trying to do here but the language was a bit stilted... and the ending didn't feel earned - especially since she admitted she would cheat on him again (unless you meant to say she wouldn't do it again, but you said she probably would).

I don't get how the trust could be earned back when she admits that.

Also, leaving why Helen doesn't like her, why Jerry tried to get her all of a sudden, lots of segments of threads - can work well, but in this case it feels slightly hodgepodge.

I hope you keep at it, and don't listen to the haters. They're not your audience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
2/5

Utterly tepid with a few formatting errors. Square brackets in a narrative is a pet peeve of mine.

There is no exploration of the wife's underlying reasons for cheating. Hubby is two-dimensional and is unsure of himself; he certainly does not exhibit the traits that led to the divorce in the first place. All in all a very flat attempt...

disturbedhrtdisturbedhrtalmost 10 years ago
3 stars

Good first effort but I expected a fairy god mother to pop out

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
Loosers & Wimps Should Not Be Allowed to Breed

Lady - You are one sick sister, and your view of men as non-men is just plain insulting.

So let me be constructive in my criticism;

Take your male bashing hatred somewhere else!

Go away!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Lame

IF there is to be some sort of a reconciliation, better to let the divorce go through, have as little to do with each other for a year or so. Then go on some dates and treat it as you would if you met any other divorced person with a past.

Then, if things work out, you can proceed from there, but calling off the divorce is too much like saying the cheating was ok, and odds are it WILL happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Mediocre

It reads like a newspaper article. No passion, no discussion of their relationship, no exploration of why she cheated - I could go on. Lists don't belong in good fiction (First, I feel x. Second, I feel y). Get rid of the brackets.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Start over?

I think it would be hard to fix the marriage. Since they were that far along, should have let the divorce happen and just start over. Date each other or live together, then if you get married.again, its a new start. The old marriage is dead and gone and you start new with an unsullied one.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistalmost 10 years ago
Hmm

This story has a fine idea, and is well intentioned. It just struggles to capture the humanity at its core. The people don't really seem to understand their own feelings, and the dialog is stilted to the point of surreal. A little work (or assistance) would have made this much better.

And do ignore all the people who get mad that the story wasn't a road map for how they want to believe they would react. This whole thing of confusing "did the character act like a comic book hero" with "was it a good story" is embarrassing to watch. Those people probably hate For Whom the Bell Tolls because Robert isn't Rambo enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nice try author but it was a lame effort.

Once again, the slut & her wimp husband destined to be together because they are both losers. WTF - is this author related to that retard Karen Woods?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What was with this bull shit:

"If we were together again I would tell you before the fact that I wanted him or anyone else for sex so you could make your decision of what to do before the fact, and I would expect the same vice versa. Tim, I have already explained a hundred times that I don't know why I did it with Ballard and said I am sorry and simply have no explanation. It might happen again with someone else in the future – people change - but you heard my promise. Please give you and me and Rory a chance, Tim!"

Why didn't the husband (Tim) and her father point out to her that if you truely love someone you don't cheat on them? And telling him in advance makes no difference, it would still be cheating, if Tim was not completely okay with her fucking someone else. This story made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Are you realted to your father dear anony?

Do you know who he is or they are????

koosewatcherkoosewatcheralmost 10 years ago
Understand Men

This autor does not understand men! At the very least allow the poor sap a some sexual payback. Why does he need to continue with the trailer trash wife?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great start!

I enjoyed your story and was happy to see you portray a strong woman who was remorseful but not the weak whimpering person that the BTB crowd like to portray.

The sad thing about the BTB crowd is that many of them are parents and spouses. I sincerely hope that they hold no power over anyone at work and that this is the only perch where they get to spout their venomous diatribes from.

Imagine, being the child of someone who speaks so hurtfully like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Where did the husband go that started this?

I also want to know where the fairy Godmother came from, there was no reason to call off the divorce and take her back, she was still a slut and would do it again, husband must be a complete loser, or author has never been married.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

That ending came out of no where.....

m48gunnerm48gunneralmost 10 years ago
OK

An OK read.....with a happy ending. Could have used a bit more character development, and we never did find out why she cheated in the first place..maybe it doesn't matter, but...anyway thanks for the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
the writing was

good for a fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

boy did he get RAAC'd in the balls...........

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
A so-so read.

There were a couple of places where I believe the author said some things bassackwards. Just wait until she gets a job that requires significant travel!!!! Why didn't the author want us to rate this story? 3 stars

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Okay but a few words short of a complete tale

Did you accidentally delete a section right before the ending?

No way the gap was intentional .... I hope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
It was an okay story

If he was happier forgiving her so be it. If they make it work more power to them. As far as those commentators who only want to burn the bitch , i. Think you guys are sick. We all make mistakes and it is better to forgive than to hate. Some of those comments were just plain sick, nasty , venomous etc. so. Much for anonymous. Maybe it would. Be better for all to sign you all up and keep those sick humans at bay.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
I agree with some of the others here.

As one Anon said: "Where did that ending come from?" As another one said: "He got RAACd in the balls." You have no real motivation for him to take her back at the end, other than "for the sake of the child", maybe. Or maybe just a "lack of self-respect." It was never clearly shown what his motivation could be.

She entered into an affair willingly, and did her best to keep it hidden from him. The Trust is gone, and he'll have to watch her like a hawk for the rest of their marriage. Personally, I couldn't live like that. Neither could my wife, if that situation happened to arise on either side.

Would have given it 2 Stars. Just not enough information there to show Hubby's motivation for taking Wifey back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
a mistake is leaving the burner on to long when cooking, a planned affair isnt a mistake its a i dont love you and total disrespect

this woman carried out a planned affair and lied to her husband. And to her own self she admits she may again when her hormones rise, cant let hubby have those can we. To take her back is stupid to date her as any other date is ok. And she should give up custody of the daughter to her husband, the daughter is third to her, after work and hormones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sorry

Once a cheater always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yawwwwwwwn...

Oh, is it over? Must have fallen asleep... What a snoozer.

textosteronetextosteronealmost 10 years ago
Rushed the ending didn't you?

No reason "why" he took her back. She openly admitted that it might happen again and then out of nowhere he asks her to come home.

Why didn't you finish the story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I agree with constructive criticism of other commenters. However, the author should bask in the glory of having posted the best story of the day. In this new era of political correctness where one cannot write one's true feelings as to content or even post a true score without fear of reprisal this story was the best of the bunch, though clearly it could have been better - good luck in the future

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE MAIN QUESTION SHOULD BE

Can This Divorce Be Saved. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ID

My view is pretty well expressed by IronDragon. I just couldn't continue with her as it would be a self sentence continual doubt and fear. The was no hateful malicious intent so no reason for btb, just love your daughter and try to recover and roll on.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 10 years ago
Really, really, really need an editor

Without regard to the content of your story, you need an editor. Your punctuation is so inconsistent that it becomes a distraction.

On the positive side — thanks for using dialog to tell the story. Now, use it more, and make it more realistic. Observe how the people around you speak. If you ever hear someone saying "since that fateful day...", as your heroine's father did, run from the room screaming. You are in the presence of a egomaniac. HAHAHA!

I also agree with other comments that your ending was rushed and incomplete. Just think about it: the problems of this couple getting back together again would pale in comparison to the struggle that they would have regaining trust, and becoming comfortable with each other again. It should be worth more than a paragraph or two.

There you go — you've got my two-cents!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 10 years ago
A valiant effort.

But you are going to do better on your next stories.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 10 years ago
Wait....what???

To me, a more interesting story would have been if he would have confronted his wife at the hotel when she met with "fly boy" rather than wait until she had done the deed...also he never did anything about the asshole that ruined his marriage.

Nothing was resolved (as if it could be) and they just got back together for convenience. It's hard to decide who to be pissed off with in this story: her for being a remorseless slut, him for whimping out, or the asshole. Not much emotion generated here.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
bones

The bones of a good story, but not enough flesh.

There is too much missing, why did he take her back when it seems that even she thinks she might be led by "her hormones" into another mans bed again.

Why is a woman as strong willed as she appears to be no more in control than an animal when in rut ? (that is hormones)

I'm not totally against reconciliation, but a better case for it than this is needed.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Huh?

She cheats on him, has an affair with a dirt bag, everyone knows about it, and she is supposed to be smart? He gets the house and joint custody, how is this a problem? They were only married for 6 years, he is young, he has his own house, the ladies will flock to him! Why go back to a second generation slut? Rory is already used to the new order, she will be better off with more dad time and less spoiled slut influence! Fairy tale endings are for fairy tales, not stories of cheating, lying and betrayal! Get your head right!

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Whiff of a good story

You needed another two or three pages of agony before reaching that reconciliation.

I really do not feel that this is a cuck story since he kicked her out the moment he found out, and the reconciliation did not lead to an open marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not bad. Rushed at the end; but overall: 4/5

I took away a mark because there was no explanation why Helen would forward a message from Jerry at the only moment that Jenny was meeting her soon to be ex husband for lunch.

Other than that, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Just another wimp husband story. What a spineless creature he is taking back a whore slut wife that wasn't satisfied with his cock so she let another man fuck her and coat her insides with his sperm. The way she rising in the corporate ranks she wil be fucking interns behind her husbands back and he will be getting seconds and eating cream pies made by another man. Pure bullshit story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
WTFITS ! What the Fuck is this Shit!

I take it that the "Husband' is a future Alzheimer's patient? He better be. As a whole,I'd say the story rated 3 stars....If I could. You need to start abbreviating your words. Americans (and most Brits) almost never say a complete sentence without condensing it somehow to the least amount of words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sorry but not going to happen.

She was going to fuck her mom's boyfriend, no remorse, no morals, no upside, if a man wrote this, he is a idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
haha

are you a standup comedian ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
"Loosers & Wimps"

zed0 the ped0, 100 yds from the schoolyard you fucking nonce!

Not to fear, cloest cucks like ped0, IronDork, cuntabidebyit and the rest cannot breed because they are virgin eunuch. Lifetime members of the "pederasty."

arincharinchalmost 10 years ago
Sounds Like A Band

...called Bad English.

katranmankatranmanalmost 10 years ago
A Start

A decent first effort, despite the many issues pointed out by others commenting here. Take the constructive comments and use them to improve your next story. As incomplete and rushed as the ending was, this was still the best story today in the LW section. I'll be looking for something better from you in the future. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not bad

The father gave depressing advice, didn't he. In essence, if your first marriage fails, you're doomed to good enough. And people who cheat will always cheat. Since she gets uncontrolable urges to fuck people, she wants an open marriage. You really should have had her mull that over with the readers listening. What was his opinion when she wanted a monogamish marriage? These stories are fun to write because we get to really think about issues like that, And it makes for stories with complexity.

Chilley

C0untertr0llC0untertr0llalmost 10 years ago
OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you call a british cuck whose only joy in life is to post anonymous insults?!

The LOOSERS AND WIMPS moron who can't even spell LOSERS! The poor little nonce is stuck in his wife's basement while she fucks her bull upstairs and will have to wait to eat her juicy cream pie! So what does he do??? He posts on here insulting those who don't care! HE IS THE ONLY NONCE LOSER WIMP HERE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't hate the jokester! Hate the JOKE!

This is a public service of C0untertr0ll Inc. :-}

rjordanrjordanalmost 10 years ago
Good first effort

Others have pointed out the major problems with the story. Take the good advice. Ignore the personal attacks. They are par for this course.

Get busy on your next story and don't look back. Except next time, drop the word "stabilize". Every time Tim or his wife had to stabilize, I pictured them shooting up or something. Trauma victims need to be stabilized. Normal people just need to relax or calm down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Opinion

A little choppy, but I liked it. You have the basics so keep writing, please.

c1992wc1992walmost 10 years agoAuthor
"[Sex with another] might happen again with someone else in the future – people change - but you heard my promise."

Thanks for reading my submission.

My reason for including this scene is that people do change and Jenny had faced the hard reality that that is life! Promiscuity tends to happen when desire and opportunity and secrecy come together. Whether or not one pursues the tendency, is a reflection of the nature of the changes that will have taken place over a period of time.

I do apologize for the mistake of including Jenny's statement (i.e., Made when Tim is sick and reliving the Hyatt bar scene.) abruptly, when Tim is unable to even listen to her. First reason its my error is that this is something she might have said at yet another quiet meeting. Second, she should have glided into making the statement to Tim when both were in a rational state of mind. Third, my goal was to write about a 'neighbor' but none that I have ever had are as lucid as Jenny. I promise myself to do better in the future.

c1992w

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
Er..thanks for writing

I think. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I liked your story and read it in the spirit for what is was written

Would have given you 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Liked it

Happy ending made my day better. Forgiveness is not for the benefit of the offender but for the offended .

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 10 years ago

You did well with 61 comments at my reading of the story. I thought it was awkward in places, but you did a nice job of setting forth the emotions and issues that almost divorced people face. The talk with Dad was interesting and even a bit insightful. You ended it a bit abruptly and overall, I think the story could have been about twice as long and it would have flowed better. Would have given you a four if able to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Eat Shit & Die

Really....what kind of repugnant nonsense is that. It's a fictional story. Can you do any better? If so, send it in...and let us take look.

Great frist start...I really enjoyed reading it. 5x5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
i think

That you were writing this story while your wife was pushing your head on her lovers cock, telling you what to write, and if not you would not get to be her lover cum dump..yup

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 10 years ago
i like the idea ...

There are some couples where one or both tray, and come to find out they are better off togeather, and to try and see if there is anything left of the marrage. To bad they do not shut off the Anonymous people who try to drag the story or the writer down!

ken philipsken philipsalmost 10 years ago
Good Effort But As Others Said Ended Too Quickly

It was like you jumped to the ending when there was still so much more to explore - the regaining of the trust; more of his thinking & hers about getting back together; the emotional rollercoaster of trying to make it work; how she ultimately dealt with Jerry & Helen....3* would have been my score. Take the constructive comments on board (including for an editor) & you will be on your way. Kind regards. Ken

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 10 years ago
Too many uses of the word "stabilized"

A thesaurus would be helpful to this author. It is tedious when a word is used repeatedly, especially when it isn't really the correct one. I suspect English is a second language for this author, so better editing would really be helpful.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 10 years ago
I wondered why you stopped having your stories rated...

... After reading this one, it's pretty obvious.

racoon1174racoon1174almost 10 years ago
Reconciliation that falls flat

There were a lot of ways you could have taken this plot unfortunately you took it nowhere. What other than he was familiar with her reason was there for the husband to take back a cheating wife. Oh rightshe promised to tell him next time her hormones overrode her brain and she just had to have some strange cock. I'm not against reconciliation even in favor of them in some stores anywhere a wife or husband who's strayed shows contrition but that was totally absent here. Also the abrupt ending was a bit sudden.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
NOT GOOD

Dude, can I have my 15 minutes back.....

IF I could I would have rated this a "TWO", and even that was stretching it....

The writing was "Wooden", the plot was.....Well, was there a plot???

Sorry.....

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
A MIXED BAG OF LOSERS

all waiting for their world to fall apart. again.

She watches her mother fight with the live in letch and is tempted. She thinks about herself more than any of the others in the sordid tale. She wants to get back with her soon to be ex because it would be more convenient.

He is afraid it will be a long time before he finds a relationship and dislikes the dating scene.

How are they different from before the cheating was discovered? Why will it work if they get back together?

At least the daughter seems happy.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Crock of horse shit

I'd like to use her dad's speech to get my summer lawn going. 100% manure. What kind of crap self esteem must you have to say you only have a choice between a cheater and a loser? Sad.

I've seen reconciliation stories work-some of the best on Lit. This fell in the toilet. She learned nothing. A selfish, hormonal twit from beginning to end. Sad.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
A WASTE OF TIME

for people who are supposed to be planners, TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
She tells him it could happen again and he takes her back...???

He'd be better off alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ugh, awful

Free criticism.

The author sounded as if he was a middle schooler writing an essay. Instead of I am, go with I'm. Instead of I will, go with I'll.

Also, you used the word stabilize too often and somewhat inappropriately.

But don't let that get you down! The first novel I wrote sounded nearly as bad as this, though perhaps not. It wasn't until I went through it with some English Majors that I learned what to do. They are my editors after I've went through and edited a new novel multiple times.

In fact, I need to finish this so that I might finish editing my last chapter of a book before sending it off for professional editing!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
You lost me at NPR zombie

I am a proud member of my local station.

I like to make up my own mind rather than have a network talking head tell me what I should think.

Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
LOL NPR?

They are just as biased and as much of a joke as any other station. How blind are you??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Did she really say

it might happen again in the future?

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 9 years ago
just poor

No emotion nothing of value in the entire story.

Seek67Seek67almost 9 years ago
Liked it

I thought she needed more pain than that but from personal experience being divorced, and enough time passes you can get past bad feelings.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
DONT FORGET WHOM ELSE RIDES A PALE HORSE

and his name is death and destruction. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
forget the real vile name calling

This story has merit. I usually btb fan but raac sometimes is appropriate. You could have develop more emotions in your characters.

Y thanks for three read

cap4451cap4451almost 9 years ago
great story

This brought out the truth about divorce you lost what have committed to. Sometimes it makes more sense to forgive the past as it can not be changed and hope for a better future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Quiet honestly

You are an endorsement of the American education system. That's sarcasm as your miscarriage of the English language is epic.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
the reason most writers turn off voting

is because they don't like getting low scores.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Good story.....but.....

A good story but I feel that I should point out that trust is simply something that once lost is not something easily regained, if ever. I do think that it made the point that cheaters are more likely to cheat again than not though. That is why I'm a BTB type guy for the most part. Of course having children makes any decision more difficult when it comes to relationships. I'm not saying that a couple in this case could not stay together, just that it would not be as easily done as this story suggests.

steven857steven857over 8 years ago
poor cuckold

trust once lost does not come back, you can regain some trust but not the type necessary for a good marriage. She will stray again once some more time has passed,

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Bullshit

You never regain trust. Delusional ending.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
A good story

Some people can reconcile. Depends on their character, I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I would have given it a 5

Well done. You took a different approach and explored something new. Great job.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
I WONDER, YES I WONDER

when will the re-cheating restart. TK U MLJ LV NV

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 8 years ago
Not Believable

You appear to believe that reconciliation is accomplished by a snap of the fingers or the authors wish without regard to what has happened.

Pappy7Pappy7about 8 years ago
She didn't know why she did

it and didn't know if in the future she would do it again? Really? Well, I can't seem to find any reason to take her back. It's sad when the husband who gets cheated on is written as such a loser that he has to swallow his sense of self and take the cheater back. If he is such a loser, why does she want him back?

I guess he is just good for providing for her needs and she can get her kicks outside the marriage. I mean, he would never fight her on it. The one effort at playing like he had some balls went down the drain. Not a likable or believable story.

2 stars because, well because.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Different.....

And that makes it good, I still can't get over the comments that criticize the story as if it's real life, and not just a story. Well told. It contains drama, and it's thought provoking.

Danger09Danger09about 8 years ago
Don't know why she did it--or if she'll do it again--but

She will make sure to let him know this time if another man makes her pussy jumps..and she have to fuck him. Are you serious? The husband was such a wimp loser that he's willing to risk diseases over some slut who have no problem screwing another man but this time she will let him know.... Isn't that still being a cheating slut? I'm really confused on the high score.. This story is so wimpish, the men seem to have zero backbone... She had no wifey character trait that would even suggest this reconciliation will work--especially when she doesn't know if she'll do it again or even why she did it the first time.she didn't seem remorseful, I didn't even read where she apologized. She cheated/she lied with such ease and had no plans on telling him about Jerry. How would he be able to trust the slut? Ughh I really hate this story and I hate you for writing such garbage...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5

to offset those who don't like LW stories but read them anyway! Unbelievable dumb asses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good little short story.

I agree with the poster who asked why do the same critics continue to read Loving Wives stories and complain about the subject matter when the description of the type of the stories in this section are plainly set out. If the story doesn't end with a BTB outcome, they hate the story. You did well on this one, please continue to write.

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
For Once,A Happy Outcome!

Read this awhile back and sort of stumbled on it again. After all the stories I've read with two sad and/or bitter people going their separate ways,it was almost a relief to see two souls refind each other.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 8 years ago
Agonizingly Stupid

Apparently they reconcile so she can have a baby sitter while she climbs the corporate ladder and has better opportunities to cheat. You portray her as a conniving bitch and wonder why this is an asinine reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sorry

Her husband and father are both jerks. Are there no real men where the author comes from?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She'll Cheat Again, and Again, and Again.....etc.

Once a cheater, always a cheater, she can't help it. She learned at an early age that it's alright to exhibit that type of behavior. Now that her husband has excepted her cheating, she now feels that it's alright to try it again knowing there are little to no consequences.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 7 years ago
NPR Zombies??

My perception is exactly the opposite of the author's. He describes "NPR zombies" who can't think about the future. I think NPR listeners are of above-average educational attainment and more concerned about the future than most. This odd remark jumped out at me as being goofy.

Very stilted emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
really

He goes back to wife who tells him she might cheat again but she will let him know???????

End up like husband of serial detailed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"Maybe life is just unfair."

Sure it is, when your spouse is a cheater. Believe me, it is so unfair you can't ever, ever, wrap your head around it.

I liked the NPR dig, just as much as ForensicFossil disliked it. Leftists are immersed in the 'now'. Take global warming for example, they can't seem to imagine a century before, or a century after us, let alone 4.5 billion years. I could go on and on, but I won't and most of you will thank me, immersed in a self absorbed belief you are always the smartest one in the room and you should be the one to make every decision that impacts the rest of us.

HOWEVER! It was difficult for me when my own divorce was imminent, with less than a month to go. My wife, who turned out to be a serial cheater, wanted to reconcile, promising the impossible, of course. Like the hero of our story, I had to sit down with my lists of pros and cons, trying to believe my wife. I actually had her come to my new place and we talked about it like two rational humans. She gave me her promises, I gave her the list of my pros and cons.

There was only one single con on my list. Can I ever trust her again.

In the end, with tears on both sides, I simply could not. We had a set of friends who stayed together after the wife strayed and their marriage was never the same. If she was late from work, he went into a panic, I watched it numerous times. It was embarrassing for everyone but he simply couldn't help himself. He didn't want her to go shopping alone, anytime she left the house, he wanted to be with her.

So we let the divorce go through, although my wife begged me. Between us we had two boys who chose to stay with me even though they weren't old enough to make the decision. She acquiesced to their wishes and life has went on. That was 10 years ago.

Now the boys are off to college and work, I'm alone. My ex? She's been marriage three more times, I've never remarried. Once I thought I'd met my true love until I saw her with another man on a night I hadn't felt well. Out to buy cold medication, I saw her drive past and they looked chummy with a look on her face that told you, yeah, those two have something going. I never returned her calls after that. That is something I can thank my ex for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a pos

Not the story. Your writing. It's as if Sgt Joe Friday wrote a cuck raac story. No emotion nothing to connect to the reader. Just awful

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous